• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic HOLO | GRAPHIC | DREAMS

YumenoTsukishiro said:
@EasternGhost Hello! For your character, we'll have to wait for the bossman for approval.
As for your char's acceptance into the gang... Selene's pretty distrusting. Each Moonie has proven himself or herself to her, regardless of their past reputation. :3
I'll PM you and we can come up with something along the plot line. I mean there is sort of a skirmish happening currently right? It'd be a bit interesting if someone happened to drop in unannounced. Plus, my character if you've read the Bio, I get the feeling you haven't might help you there as far as knowing him. If you have read the bio, then nevermind. Just PM me and we can come up with something.

EasternGhost said:
I'm on the East Coast as well. Which means I'll be waiting another half a day or so to be answered by him correct?
You never really know c-;

@EasternGhost, I'll have to wait for your char to be approved before we work on all ze plots~ To give you a heads-up, I have two more characters in the works, the Moonie second-in-command, and dat loyal kunoichi type.

YumenoTsukishiro said:
@EasternGhost, I'll have to wait for your char to be approved before we work on all ze plots~ To give you a heads-up, I have two more characters in the works, the Moonie second-in-command, and dat loyal kunoichi type.
I'm just hoping he doesn't nitpick.

And loyal Kunoichi type? Lol. That type seems to be sprouting up a lot. Should make a anime/manga genre titled something like that.

YumenoTsukishiro said:
KENSHIN-SAMAAAAA! (Sengoku Basara fans eyyyy)
Saw the first season, never did pick up the second. Good show though. I always liked Masamune Date. I guess in a indirect way, I modeled my character off of the way he is in the Samurai Warriors game series. As far as historical Masamune Date goes, him and Musashi Miyamoto are my favorite figures of the time period and I've read and own loads of books on the Sengoku Period/Warring States Era. That and the Three Kingdoms Era towards the end of the Han Dynasty of China are 2 my 3 favorite historical time periods. Got loads of books on them both as well as my 3rd favorite time period. I'm a history buff in a way I guess. Though I guess I just bored about 85% of you in this forum with what I just said. Sorry about that.

EasternGhost said:
Saw the first season, never did pick up the second. Good show though. I always liked Masamune Date. I guess in a indirect way, I modeled my character off of the way he is in the Samurai Warriors game series. As far as historical Masamune Date goes, him and Musashi Miyamoto are my favorite figures of the time period and I've read and own loads of books on the Sengoku Period/Warring States Era. That and the Three Kingdoms Era towards the end of the Han Dynasty of China are 2 my 3 favorite historical time periods. Got loads of books on them both as well as my 3rd favorite time period. I'm a history buff in a way I guess. Though I guess I just bored about 85% of you in this forum with what I just said. Sorry about that.
I like Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors does that count to knowing what your talking about?

[QUOTE="Lana Valentine]I like Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors does that count to knowing what your talking about?

[/QUOTE]
The games aren't exact replicas of the time period. Both games created fictional characters to bolster the roster alongside the actually accurate characters. Some of those in both of those games were never really alive in the time period.

I already liked the Japanese Sengoku Era before I knew of the games. But Dynasty Warriors 4 for PS2 was my first and led me to Romance Of the Three Kingdoms historical books alongside a bunch of others of the time. I didn't learn about the Samurai Warriors games until 2 years ago.

EasternGhost said:
The games aren't exact replicas of the time period. Both games created fictional characters to bolster the roster alongside the actually accurate characters. Some of those in both of those games were never really alive in the time period.
Yes but, most the fictional characters in Dynasty Warriors are from Romance of the three kingdoms which originally created them alongside the historical ones.

I don't know if Samurai Warriors did something similar, I only recently began to get into that.

EasternGhost said:
I've, uh, played a lot of Civ. Crazy how they built those fishing boats out of Samurai, huh?

[QUOTE="Lana Valentine]Yes but, most the fictional characters in Dynasty Warriors are from Romance of the three kingdoms which originally created them alongside the historical ones.
I don't know if Samurai Warriors did something similar, I only recently began to get into that.

[/QUOTE]
Yeah some of the Romance Of the Three were rewritten by Luo Guangzhou to add people not really alive. For Example. Diao Chan lived yes, but she was dead before even Lu Bu. After Dong Zhuo was murdered by Lu Bu because of Ding Yuan's death, Diao Chan poisoned herself right before Xia Pei fell to Cao Cao and Liu Bei.

Also for another example, Hua Xiong was not killed by Guan Yu at Shi Shui Gate but by Sun Jian even though he was still forced to retreat in defeat because Yuan Shu refused to send him supplies and reinforcements.

EasternGhost said:
Yeah some of the Romance Of the Three were rewritten by Luo Guangzhou to add people not really alive. For Example. Diao Chan lived yes, but she was dead before even Lu Bu. After Dong Zhuo was murdered by Lu Bu because of Ding Yuan's death, Diao Chan poisoned herself right before Xia Pei fell to Cao Cao and Liu Bei.
Yup yup, though in the Lu Bu campaign in Dynasty Warriors 8 XL she isn't at Xia Pei

EasternGhost said:
Also for another example, Hua Xiong was not killed by Guan Yu at Shi Shui Gate but by Sun Jian even though he was still forced to retreat in defeat because Yuan Shu refused to send him supplies and reinforcements.
Guan Yu don't do jack >_> It's either Yue Jin or Zhang Fei who kills Hua Xiong.... I've seen it happen multiple times

[QUOTE="Lana Valentine]Yup yup, though in the Lu Bu campaign in Dynasty Warriors 8 XL she isn't at Xia Pei

[/QUOTE]
That's just the game. Xiahou Yuan stopped the water flow from the river nearby and began to slowly flood Xia Pei and starve Lu Bu and his troops and he was betrayed by his strategist Hou Cheng to end the siege. The only person whom refused to betray Lu Bu in the end was Gao Shun and he was executed by Cao Cao for refusing to surrender or submit. Zhang Liao and his troops were the first alongside Hou Cheng to surrender once Lu Bu was bound and gagged and brought to Cao Cao. Lu Bu tried to form an alliance with Liu Bei so they could team up and strike Cao Cao but Guan Yu warned Liu Bei and he refused.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the games, if you read the Encyclopedia's, it states Guan Yu kills Hua Xiong. It also says this in the Romance of the three novels. Also, Zhang Fei wasn't even there during the battle and neither was Liu Bei. Guan Yu was present as Liu Bei representative with Cao Cao and Sun Jian and Yuan Shu who was representing Yuan Shao. I don't know about Yue Jin

Last edited by a moderator:
EasternGhost said:
In the games, if you read the Encyclopedia's, it states Guan Yu kills Hua Xiong. It also says this in the Romance of the three novels. Also, Zhang Fei wasn't even there during the battle and neither was Liu Bei. Guan Yu was present as Liu Bei representative with Cao Cao and Sun Jian and Yuan Shu who was representing Yuan Shao. I don't know about Yue Jin
I prefer the Dynasty Warriors version of history at least Wu can win and all of the awesome members survive in the What Ifs >_>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back