Haze: Outbreak [Always Open]

"You know what I can't get infected there's nothing to worry about, Oswin. I'll be safe, I just wanted a short change in scenery is all." Carlos propped her back up and just shrugged. "Besides, there is still the off-chance of me finding something useful in this wasteland." He gestured to the broken window and the ruined city outside. He held her shoulders and looked her in the eye. "Trust me. I don't want to put you in harm's way if it isn't necessary. The last thing I need is for you to get hurt again."

Oswin narrowed her eyes and crossed her arms. "You think it was a walk in the park to watch you slit your own wrist and almost DIE? And you want me to leave you on your own to protect ME? Not a chance." She shrugged Carlos's hands off of her shoulders, then took his hands, gently kissing the top of his fingers. "There are still plenty if dangers out there besides the Hazed, Carlos. If you die, then I'll want to die too. So I'm going with you and that's that."

[Wait Lucas IS Loki?!]

Carlos hugged her tightly. "Stop saying stupid Sh** what the hell do you think would happen if you die?" He ran his hands through her hair. "I'm sounding like a hypocrite right now, am I? If you insist, then let's go ready up." He gestured to the elevator and led them there.

Oswin nodded with a grin, pleased that she had gotten her way. After all, a little outing would be exactly what I need. A nice break from this stuffy old building. 
(Sorry for short post *melts away*)

The elevator ride down felt longer than usual for Carlos, maybe it's because he'd be gone for a while. The wait was too slow, so he decided to make it faster for himself. He turned toward Oswin brushed her hair back and pulled her in for a deep kiss. This should make time move faster for now. I just don't want to think about anything for now.

Oswin was a bit shocked that Carlos had just decided to kiss her out of nowhere, but she didn't complain. She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him back, even deeper. She could never get over how much she liked kissing him.

Carlos heard the sound of the doors opening and broke the kiss. "We should head to the armory now, you know so you can gear up for the outside world." Carlos led them both to the armory and picked out his gear, a large empty backpack, replacing his machete for a broadsword he hadn't noticed sitting in the corner. He took a pistol and a rifle and some clips for both weapons. "I don't think we'll be out for long, but just in case we should at least be prepared for anything."

Shade sat in the room and just stared at the wall with sad eyes. I'm alone. Just like I've always been. I know my sanity is in question, but the Shade strain keeps that in check. Is there a deeper reason why they don't want to be near me?

Oswin began surveying the weapons, strapping a few knives and a pistol to her belt. She had survived many, many years with minimum weapons; she saw no reason to overload. All the same, she nodded at Carlos's suggestion, figuring that he was going to be paranoid and there was no use in preventing it.

(Oh. Well, she's the one who was running around with a knife under her sleeve and singing the creepy songs, so I won't say anything. Maybe that makes me a bad person I dunno. xD )

Carlos was just waiting for Oswin to finish up. He didn't know what he might find out there so the large backpack was a must for him. The broadsword made him feel more awesome but not necessarily made him look more awesome. Above all, he needed to keep Oswin safe out there, no matter the cost. "Well just waiting on you, Potato girl." He stood by the door to the armory and just looked at her pick out her equipment.

Oswin finished strapping the pistol to her belt, then looks up at Carlos and grinned. He stills call me Potato Girl. She walked up to him and kissed him deeply once more, pulling away slightly to say "Promise me that you won't do anything stupid, okay?"

Carlos broke the kiss, and held her tight. He didn't want to push it any deeper right now. "You know I will always do something stupid, there's no guarantee that I won't." He ran his hand through her hair. "We should get going now." Although he said that, he still didn't let go of her. He just stood there holding her and feeling her body pressed against his, feeling that warmth she somehow radiated.

Oswin sighed as he admitted that he might do something stupid. She figured he wouldn't be able to agree to her terms, but she still loved how he held her nonetheless. She finally decided that they needed to go ahead and leave. Oswin pulled away and kissed him one more time (lightly) before reluctantly making her way to the front door.

Carlos followed Oswin out the front door. He was greeted by a blast of cooler and fresher air than the stale one inside the tower. "So do you have any place in mind we could start scouting out?" He had a few places picked out while he was still in his vantage point up in the tower, but decided to let Oswin lead for now. The city was empty and lifeless save for the rolling breeze. "I still wonder how the world looked like before the virus, before everything became different shades of brown."

She shrugged at Carlos's first question. "What I've learned over the years is that it's best to not set a destination. Oddly enough, when you don't, things seem to just sort of pop-up."

Oswin then smiled and folded her arms, briefly closing her eyes to feel the breeze on her face as she walked and responded to Carlos's second question. "It's been a very, VERY long time since anything in nature has been beautiful. I just remember my father telling me stories of how the grass was as green as green could be, and the sky was always bright blue and the air hardly ever had an odor," she paused and sighed," He also said that even though that nature has lost its beauty, most humans still have theirs, whether it's on the outside or on the inside or both. He said that's why he fell in love with my mother. Because she was so beautiful in every detail from exterior to interior."

She looked over her shoulder at Carlos, blushing. "I'm sorry, that was a bit stupid and mushy," she said, the breeze blowing her hair back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back