Haze: Outbreak [Always Open]

[i'll rewrite that post then.]

Shade heard the doors shut and she coughed. She gathered that there was someone infiltrating the building or attempting to attack them. She walked over to the computers and sat in front of one before going out of her way to see if she could get it working. I know that I'm smart. I may not remember who I am, but I'm a Haze researcher. I should be able to get into something like this. If not, well then I tried.

Someone is requesting entry to one of the computers.

"Is it the person who broke in?"

No. The signal is coming from the lab.

"Let them in." He walked around the tower pointing the gun into every corner. "Give them access to all information regarding the Haze."

Even that of Lucas?

Tony hesitated before answering. "Yes. Give them all information regarding Lucas and his condition." There was a beep and all files were opened in the lab, as all the computers turned on.

[Yeah, I'm in the kill radius. w00t! Nice Star Trek reference xD .]

I need to get cracking on the computers then.
He saw Shade move over to one as well. He unscrews open the casing of one the computers. Contrary to what Tony said, the level of complication the system had was not so high. However, the problem would be either be a physical kill switch on one of the circuit boards once static passes through it or a software kill switch that disengages only if a certain flow of steps are followed. This could go any number of ways. He turns on the computer and turns attention to the insides of the CPU.....The computer had shut down again...the kill switch is coded into the system. I get the feeling these things are all connected to each other, There has to be a pattern to this, which computer should I turn on first, how much time do I have to turn on the second......until such a time that the whole network is up. Here goes nothing.

The computers beeped to life before Carlos could start on losing his sanity.

[Thanks! xD Ive already seen it 11 times. O.o And, basically the information that Tony gave is all this stuff about Lucas's blood and making cures for it and advanced weapons to kill victims, but there is also like dating pictures that Lucas didn't know he took. And Tony gave you guys access to all information regarding Lucas. So.... yup.]

Last edited by a moderator:
[DX Not something I need to imagine!]

Shade gave a small smile as the computer let her in. She had a feeling that Tony was behind that, but kept that to herself. She looked through the information that she saw and began to memorize it. When she came to a certain section, her head started to hurt and she unconsciously raised a hand to ease the pain.

[>/////< Sorry. My friend typed most of that. I asked her to reply and she gave me this look. XP "OKAY!" And I handed her my laptop. And that happened. She is scolded.]

[Wait wut?]

Carlos had already began sifting through whatever files Tony had on The Haze virus....His hand instinctively pulled out a worn external hard drive from his bag...I wonder if this still works...He plugged it in, it took a while for the computer to register the hard drive...Sweet, about time something good happens. He made copy of all the files regarding Haze. This would help Shade.

[i'm a Brony. I like My Little Pony.]

Shade stopped browsing the files. Her head was hurting terribly and she had both hands against them. That particular file… was blurred to my mind. Does it show something about me? She decided to look at the file again and clicked on it to open it. Giving a grim smile, she saw that the file was blurred to her mind. Like her brain didn't want to register the information for reasons not known and tried to stop her by causing her great pain. She then again brought her hands to her head in a failed attempt to stop it.

Shade looked troubled. "Hey shade, need some help over there." The file transfer had almost finished. There wasn't anything else to do for him in the lab so he decided to walk on over to Shade to see what her problem was. "Need help?" He asked shade one more time.

[Head spin is what I'm having now. Feels very funny.]

Shade moved an eye over to Carlos and closed it as a fresh wave of pain overcame her. She crouched low to the ground and tears started to form in her eyes. "I'm fine. There's nothing wrong at all."

He caught her before she could hit the ground. "No you're not, so just sit down and cool off. I don't need you collapsing on me in this lab." He turned his attention to the computer screen and ran through what she searching about. She left a dossier file open in a window. He scrolled through the contents. His eyes widened in surprise as to what he found. "Holy S***"

Shade reluctantly nodded and sat away from the computer. Her head was still throbbing, but not as bad. She was curious to what the file would say, but it was useless as her brain wouldn't register the information. But she could know what it's about, "What's it about? I wasn't able to read it."

"Well remember what you said about not knowing yourself? Yeah, this seems to be a dossier on you. Apparently, Tony knows much more than he is letting on. But we can't seem to leave this place yet. The lock down is still in effect." He scanned his surroundings. "There has to be another way out of here, help me look for a vent or something." He was began exploring the laboratory trying to find every nook and cranny.

(I have no idea about Shade's bio, so I'll leave it at that. If you come up with one and think it's important to the story PM me what it is. Then have Shade ask about it.)

[Yeah. I'll have to think on that… well my brain can't yet go to sleep then. I'll do that later though.]

Shade was happy that there was something about her, but she was concerned as to why Tony had this information. She began to help Carlos search the room for anyway to escape. She walked past the weapons and stopped to stare. She decided that she would take one, but didn't know which one to take.

[Don't push yourself, bro(?) not sure if girl or guy.]

Carlos had found an air duct directly above him. It was too small for him to fit in, but Shade might get through. It's not too high up so maybe boosting her would be best, besides I'm sure she'd fit. "Hey Shade, I'll give you a boost." He called her attention as he gestured to the air vent above him. He looked at the weapons nearby as he waited for Shade. Took a stun baton, a handgun and a number of bullets, then packed those into his bag. He returned his attention to Shade.

[imma female, but I'm fine with being called a Bro or a guy.]

Shade looked up and deadpanned, "You want me to go through the vent right? I'm so short for a guy." She walked over to the vent and judged the distance if she attempted to reach it by jumping. If we could get out… I could attempt to find Tony and question him about myself. I guess Carlos is needed around to help.

"Yes, I want you to go through the vent, see where it leads. Maybe you could lift the lock down." Or leave me here to die. He noticed that she kept looking up at the air vent as if judging something. What? She thinks she can make the jump "No, I don't think you'd make the jump" He squats down. "Which is why I'm boosting YOU up." 
(lol xD thats one more to the small list of girls here that I ended up calling "bro")

[ xD Honestly speaking, physically I'm a girl, but mentally I'm a guy if that makes sense.]

Shade shook her head, "There is no need to give me a boost. I can make the jump easily." She crouched down onto the ground and pushed off. Stretching her arms in front of her, Shade grabbed the vent and opened it before pulling herself inside. She managed to turn around and poked her head out of the vent, "See. I can do it. I'll be back in a while."

He waited for the doors to unlock. Of course she could make the jump there were a hell of a lot more things she can do. He went to a nearby computer terminal and continued to sift through the information. Cures, The Haze virus, Weapons Development, Recorded successful Haze victim killing techniques. Just who is Tony? He stopped and checked the weapons scattered throughout the lab, only now did he realize some of these weapons looked normal and the most of them seemed like jury-rigged pieces of technology duct taped together. I'd have a field day here if there weren't any other pressing matters. He glanced toward the exit doors.

Shade made her way through the vent and carefully placed her hands in front of her. It was very dark and she could only just see. Misplacing a hand, she pushed through the vent and fell onto the floor below with a thud, "Ow… that hurt." She stood and headed towards a device that looked like it would stop the lockdown. She began to fiddle with it.

[i'll send you Shade's bio soon. I've nearly done.]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back