• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy God of Silver

Onamonapia said:
That post was great! I was not expecting your character to die. However, we could've saved you. Why did you kill him off?
two things...

1. NOBODY could have saved me. You should read the posts more carefully if you didn´t know that, it was pretty explicit in magi´s post.

2. You will see....

None of our characters would've been fast enough to get him out of the way, but your character could've gotten himself out of the way the best he could. I doubt he'd be able to fully dodge the boar but maybe just enough that the wounds he received could've been healed.

Not by any of our characters of course, but we could've brought him to an NPC in time if we were lucky.

So yeah, I think we could've saved him.

@Idea

It might be better to redirect all of the shock and frustration at Martin's death into your character's reactions, hmm? It should be easier to have them come across as genuine that way.

quiescentLunacy said:
I just thought it seemed appropriate for the situation. It was running through my head the entire time I wrote my response.
hmm... if you replaced "another one" with "Martin"....

@OverconfidentMagi I've got some questions about Skills, and I think I just thought up a pretty good one for any type of staff weapon. First off, how exactly do skills manifest? Do they manifest in combat, or do they have to be learned? And for staff Skills, I was thinking one of them would be a defensive skill. It would be called "Deflect", and the action would be spinning the staff with two hands (like baton twirling), generating a small, temporary defensive field that could block weaker attacks and take some of the force out of stronger ones. What do you think?

quiescentLunacy said:
@OverconfidentMagi I've got some questions about Skills, and I think I just thought up a pretty good one for any type of staff weapon. First off, how exactly do skills manifest? Do they manifest in combat, or do they have to be learned? And for staff Skills, I was thinking one of them would be a defensive skill. It would be called "Deflect", and the action would be spinning the staff with two hands (like baton twirling), generating a small, temporary defensive field that could block weaker attacks and take some of the force out of stronger ones. What do you think?
Skills are learned by using weapons with special properties, and usually appear immediately after equipping a weapon that gives the skill, or after using the weapon until the skill appears. Generally if a skill doesn't show up right away or after a little bit of using a weapon it probably doesn't have any. Your starting weapons don't have any skills of their own, but some skills once unlocked can be used with other weapons of similar type. For example if you used a spear with the Icarus Strike skill, you'd then be able to use that ability with other spears. There are also skills, perks, and magics tied to weapon mastery, for you to discover as you learn how to use different types effectively.

Seraph Darkfire] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/17367-idea/ said:
@Idea[/URL] You shifted into first person again near the end there.
of fuck. This is what I get from being tired.

Dwarf sees dead kid.

Dwarf is a simple man.

Dwarf sees dog food.

Dwarf no longer sees dead kid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Onamonapia said:
@quiescentLunacy Wouldn't your post only work if you posted before us? Our characters had no reaction about what happened.
Well, let's say for instance everything happened really fast. The attacks went through, Stella got smashed into a tree, but everyone else was distracted by the boar being killed and the dwarf suddenly yelling. The others were too busy fighting a boar and arguing with a dwarf to notice that one of the party members was seriously hurt, at least until Stella made a noise. I edited a bit of it though, so she doesn't scream before they start talking. She lets out a quiet groan after Jett speaks. Let's just leave it at that, because in a text-based RP like this, the order of most actions is subjective anyway.

quiescentLunacy said:
Well, let's say for instance everything happened really fast. The attacks went through, Stella got smashed into a tree, but everyone else was distracted by the boar being killed and the dwarf suddenly yelling. The others were too busy fighting a boar and arguing with a dwarf to notice that one of the party members was seriously hurt, at least until Stella made a noise. I edited a bit of it though, so she doesn't scream before they start talking. She lets out a quiet groan after Jett speaks. Let's just leave it at that, because in a text-based RP like this, the order of most actions is subjective anyway.
Ah, alright then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back