• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy God of Silver

@Seraph Darkfire @Idea @Stickdom @quiescentLunacy @Onamonapia

I am now declaring this RP dead due to lack of activity.

This RP is a long-time favorite work of mine, so there is a very strong possibility that it will show back up some time in the future. (A 100% possibility that is.) If you wish to participate again at that time I look forward to seeing you then, but right now this RP will not be continuing any further.

OverconfidentMagi said:
@Seraph Darkfire @Idea @Stickdom @quiescentLunacy @Onamonapia
I am now declaring this RP dead due to lack of activity.

This RP is a long-time favorite work of mine, so there is a very strong possibility that it will show back up some time in the future. (A 100% possibility that is.) If you wish to participate again at that time I look forward to seeing you then, but right now this RP will not be continuing any further.
I will give it another try. Sorry, @OverconfidentMagi these really seem to not be your lucky days

Idea said:
I will give it another try. Sorry, @OverconfidentMagi these really seem to not be your lucky days
I don't take it personally. I realize why my RPs always struggle at the beginning and continue to try and force players through the beginning powerless phases anyway. Players tend to dislike having weak characters when they can jump into any other RP and have an all-powerful badass character from their first post. Despite knowing that I still try and force it, which leads to having the RPs more often than not fizzle out early before the characters do get over that hump. So it's partially my own stubbornness putting my view of storytelling over making sure every player is enjoying what they're posting.

OverconfidentMagi said:
I don't take it personally. I realize why my RPs always struggle at the beginning and continue to try and force players through the beginning powerless phases anyway. Players tend to dislike having weak characters when they can jump into any other RP and have an all-powerful badass character from their first post. Despite knowing that I still try and force it, which leads to having the RPs more often than not fizzle out early before the characters do get over that hump. So it's partially my own stubbornness putting my view of storytelling over making sure every player is enjoying what they're posting.
I wouldn't say it´s that. You´ve been mainly suffering from recurrent bad timing, and from the intensity of the posts you request, versus those of other RPs. That´s what it would appear to be to me.

Oh, and of course, there is the over-hiding of things. You are trying to add a lot of plot elements and take a lot of things into your hands that attract players to the genre this RP fits in, fantasy. Magic, for example, is a goner at the beginning, and can put people off.

Still, it´s your RP.

Well, we did get slightly further than before. Martin actually resurrected this time around. :P I will admit that I do prefer to have a powerful character, but I was certainly enjoying playing a character that had to grow. I was excited to see him grow.

I really hope that this isn't actually dying, I've been meaning to get a post in to move the story along for about a week now, but between working and school, I've barely had time to sleep, let alone write a significant post. I say we give it a little bit more, just tag everyone and call them together for another go at this one, we can keep this one alive to get past the beginning hump, it should flow a lot smoother from there, I'm certain of it! You've put a lot of thought and care into this, I don't want you to call it quits because you think it's dead, it's just sleeping at the moment and we're here to give it a good jump-scare awakening!

It's a shame this RP is dying. I guess even if we kept posting every now and again, we would just be putting it on life support. My muse has been completely gone for the past few weeks, and I've also been insanely busy, so I don't know when I would be able to get around to posting. If anything comes up or this thing gets a sudden revival, let me know.

Meaning to post is nice but ultimately accomplishes nothing.

I usually try to always have one RP of my own running at any one time, so the closing of God of Silver means that I'll eventually be putting up a new RP. I won't split my attention between running two separate RPs, so if that jump scare is going to happen it has an expiration date. I won't leave this RP in a state of limbo forever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back