• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy God of Silver

@Idea Thank you for that, I was just going to say the same after reading the post. Also, I've moved my post to after everyone's arrival. Given the content of your post you might want to do the same.

quiescentLunacy said:
@OverconfidentMagi coincidentally the unspecified gemstone you chose to put in my staff is my favorite gemstone. I carry around a piece of amethyst with me IRL because it's good for anxiety. Fun fact (^.^)
I simply chose the generic magical stone. Other stones usually have properties attached, but amethyst seems pretty neutral. It also comes with a spare crystal in your inventory if you somehow break the current one. Keep in mind your character has no actual magic to use with the staff though, and it itself has no apparent magical properties.

OverconfidentMagi said:
@Idea Thank you for that, I was just going to say the same after reading the post. Also, I've moved my post to after everyone's arrival. Given the content of your post you might want to do the same.
I can´t move my post, I am not the GM- Also, what are you thanking me for?

Last edited by a moderator:
OverconfidentMagi said:
I simply chose the generic magical stone. Other stones usually have properties attached, but amethyst seems pretty neutral. It also comes with a spare crystal in your inventory if you somehow break the current one. Keep in mind your character has no actual magic to use with the staff though, and it itself has no apparent magical properties.
I mean, I'm going under the assumption that the characters will learn magic over the course of the story. I believe you said something along those lines, no?

quiescentLunacy said:
What does?
well, the moving did. Like the bottom third of my post is directly tied to an event happening that now actually didn´t on my post, because magi moved it.

quiescentLunacy said:
I mean, I'm going under the assumption that the characters will learn magic over the course of the story. I believe you said something along those lines, no?
eventually

Idea said:
I can´t move my post, I am not the GM- Also, what are you thanking me for?
I thanked you for clarifying what I was looking for in a first post, that was all.

If you want the post moved just repost it and I can remove the first one. What you posted I don't think should be changed much by the arrival of two more people.

quiescentLunacy said:
The topic of magic will be gotten to, yes. Whether your characters end up learning and using it is up to them and the direction they take the story.

Most of the time magical weapons can be used to the same ends as using magic directly. Depending on the complexity o the magic it may often be easier to use a weapon imbued with a similar property instead.

OverconfidentMagi said:
The topic of magic will be gotten to, yes. Whether your characters end up learning and using it is up to them and the direction they take the story.
Well, from the get-go I intended Stella to be a mage. And I already planned not having magic for a little while, which is why I made her staff a bludgeoning weapon. It takes less skill to whack something with a stick than it does to swing a sword.

So @Mr Wonder needs to fix his first post, but aside from that we're back up and running with all systems green.

[QUOTE="Mr Wonder]I'm confused. What do I need to fix?

[/QUOTE]
As Idea said earlier:

@Mr Wonder , just tipping you here, since I myself got reminded in the previous RP, the sequence of events that must happen for every intro is voice, says yes, sleeps, wakes up with the card and the bracelet, says "gate open" ,gets transported
The boy speaks to you on the first day, then your character wakes up on the second day with the bracelet on their wrist and the black card somewhere nearby. After reading the words that appear on the card the gate appears and touching it brings you to Rhune.

And just to clarify again, the gate is never opened, it simply appears and touching it sends one to the other world.

OverconfidentMagi said:
As Idea said earlier:
The boy speaks to you on the first day, then your character wakes up on the second day with the bracelet on their wrist and the black card somewhere nearby. After reading the words that appear on the card the gate appears and touching it brings you to Rhune.

And just to clarify again, the gate is never opened, it simply appears and touching it sends one to the other world.
Hm. Alrighty then. Small fix.

Gate Open and black iron rather than gold, but close enough. I look forward to seeing this RP alive one more time.

I feel a little sad Martin is no longer the first to rush out. Oh well... Friends are a pretty important character point for him too, so I couldn´t just ignore that... Moving on!

@Seraph Darkfire , not saying that you did, but taking into consideration my knowledge of the previous RP, and your latest post in this RP, you may want to be careful in how much of your knowledge of the previous RP leaks into the Alex from this one.

@Idea

Actually, Alex said a similar thing in the last one as well. If you remember, originally Alex recommended that they practice with their weapons first before leaving.

This was a new world and there was obviously a lot to explore and see but..."I umm...." he started to speak "...I think....we should practice with our weapons first" he knew absolutely nothing about how to use a sword or a shield. He'd like to learn how to swing the sword before they left. He didn't know what kind of monsters could be waiting for them.
And later when he went to check on Martin after he ran down the tunnel, he hoped Martin hadn't found anything dangerous.

Alex frowned when he suddenly had a thought. Martin acted mature for his age, but he was still a child...and they had just let him run off and do his own thing. He sighed and began walking down the tunnel "I'll check on Martin..." he said softly "I'm not much of a fighter though, hopefully he hasn't found anything dangerous...or nothing's found him" he was talking to himself more than anyone else as he picked up the pace and began lightly jogging down the tunnel.

Seraph Darkfire] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/17367-idea/ said:
@Idea[/URL]
Actually, Alex said a similar thing in the last one as well. If you remember, originally Alex recommended that they practice with their weapons first before leaving.

And later when he went to check on Martin after he ran down the tunnel, he hoped Martin hadn't found anything dangerous.
yeah, but, without spoiling too much (and please note that I said you hadn´t actually crossed the line yet, just that you should be careful), you did give more valid reasons there, or at least, very different reasons for your character´s actions. For example, in your second quote, one of the main reasons your character chases into the tunnel is because Martin is a child, whereas in this case it´s because he came to think there may be monsters out there. Now, I am of course willing to believe that Alex, being who he is, would have this sort of knowledge, it makes sense for now, though I have a pretty good idea of what "monster" you were thinking of when you thought that line, and hence my concern. Part of your OOC knowledge is showing IC, and while this time it coincidentally happens to match IC, it may not always be the case.

Well, that is true. It has happened before. Fortunately, we didn't get very far in the other roleplay either. Hopefully we do this time around.

Oddly enough, in both of these roleplays, the idea of the monster was not what it should be. I keep thinking Harpies or Goblins for some reason. Goblins are generally a staple enemy...though I don't know why Harpies is there.

heh, true. Now I just have to figure out how to get Martin in position in time, since you know, THAT scene...

Well, it isn't entirely dependent on Martin being the first out. From looking at the map, there is a forest north of the area they are in. Martin was already thinking about testing his arrows, the forest provides a lot of stationary targets.

There is a description of the surrounding areas as well as the world map in the settings tab. New places will be added as you explore the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back