[Gaming Group] Real World Exalted

Let's see. If we start somewhere around 2 p.m. in my time zone we will have 7 p.m. so i will end somewhere around midnight. Hmm... Why not i can be flexible with my sleep hours on weekend. I will check if i have some coffee. I rarely drink any so one strong cup will keep me wake up even whole night.

I also have all day Saturday free at the moment (Can't do Sundays, already got a game then too)

Am at GMT so I believe +5 like Jaksio.. starting later is fine by me, could easily stay up til 2am if it came down to it.

Btw Andoriol, thanks, that actually gave me a nice idea for an artifact.. orichalcum bow which twists and splits in the middle to form twinned short daiklaves, but the string is made from moonsilver and remains linked between the two, giving much potential for stuntage and possibly even usable as a chain daiklave

.. just need to figure out what level to take it as and whether it should have funky powers ^^

Edit: .. or not.. apparently such artifacts are common.. .. .. I must have missed them it seems.. *grumble*

FluffySquirrel said:
I also have all day Saturday free at the moment (Can't do Sundays, already got a game then too)
Am at GMT so I believe +5 like Jaksio.. starting later is fine by me, could easily stay up til 2am if it came down to it.

Btw Andoriol, thanks, that actually gave me a nice idea for an artifact.. orichalcum bow which twists and splits in the middle to form twinned short daiklaves, but the string is made from moonsilver and remains linked between the two, giving much potential for stuntage and possibly even usable as a chain daiklave

.. just need to figure out what level to take it as and whether it should have funky powers ^^

Edit: .. or not.. apparently such artifacts are common.. .. .. I must have missed them it seems.. *grumble*
Why'd ya think I wanted to play a Twilight? :mrgreen:

Making up crap like that then figuring out how it would work is what I do.

I'm on a FtF game that late, unfortunately. It tends to run long, and with one of the number soon leaving (in the order of a few weeks) I can't do that.

Sunday isn't so great either, I usually have work then.

Anyone else finding it reeeally hard to resist the urge to minmax?.. I think I'm gonna reorder my skills some more later.. looking back I can see that it subtly got me and made me go for 5's.. heh.. going from 0 to 5 doesn't feel quite right.

I'll just stand behind some of you tougher people and fire my bow.. I can get persistent defenses later! >.> right?

HowlingCoyote said:
For those who might not have seen them, the Ink Monkeys introduced a few new Solar Charms. I'll be taking at least one now, and I can see at least a couple more in the near future.
Some of these look quite fun. I even chose this permanent dodge charm for my Character. Maybe in future I'll take some others. Also 2 days a go i could finally lay my hands on Glories of Most Hight. And i fell in love in stealth charm Swallowing the Sun AKA off switch for own anima banner.

The Resistance permanent is definitely a "Next buy" for my character, though, as I don't have Essence 4 yet. Still, ridiculous amounts of permanent soak for a soakmonkey? Glee. Utter wizardry.

Fabricati said:
The Resistance permanent is definitely a "Next buy" for my character, though, as I don't have Essence 4 yet. Still, ridiculous amounts of permanent soak for a soakmonkey? Glee. Utter wizardry.
Seconded, though I might replace one of my current charms for it.

Which reminds me, I've seen the description of the Peircing tag for weapons, it cuts soak in half. How bad would it be to house-rule that it ignores a (reasonably high) flat number of soak instead? (That's a serious question by the way to you more experienced players).

Andoriol said:
HowlingCoyote said:
For those who might not have seen them, the Ink Monkeys introduced a few new Solar Charms. I'll be taking at least one now, and I can see at least a couple more in the near future.
Dude... I did not know, and now I do and I've got to rethink my charm choices... this is both epic and sad :P
Dodge and Awareness charms seen quite good. Also Athletic permanent charm seen to be almost insanely powerful. Adding permanent essence to all your athletic actions. Seriously, this is overkill. As for Resistance it is really cool and i think that any character that hate using armor should take this one.

I wonder to also change my exalted character build. Maybe I should go for more charms instead more epic toys? But completely changing my character day before game it seems a little...you know what i mean.

Jaksio said:
Andoriol said:
HowlingCoyote said:
Dude... I did not know, and now I do and I've got to rethink my charm choices... this is both epic and sad :P
Dodge and Awareness charms seen quite good. Also Athletic permanent charm seen to be almost insanely powerful. Adding permanent essence to all your athletic actions. Seriously, this is overkill. As for Resistance it is really cool and i think that any character that hate using armor should take this one.

I wonder to also change my exalted character build. Maybe I should go for more charms instead more epic toys? But completely changing my character day before game it seems a little...you know what i mean.
Yeah, but note that the Athletics charm requires Athletics 5 and three other charms.

And yeah, I know exactly what you mean by changing the character the day before the game, but that's probably what I'm going to do considering I'm only actually getting the book today. :P / :oops:

I thought the game was starting on the 17th, next Saturday. Not tomorrow. I'm moving tomorrow, so... that would be really bad.

FluffySquirrel said:

Whait. WE CAN MAKE OUR OWN CUSTOMIZED ARTIFACT? Damn i should ask about that earlier. I think i will make second character sheet and if will be approved i will play it. If not i will stick to old one.

I thought the game was starting on the 17th' date=' next Saturday. Not tomorrow. I'm moving tomorrow, so... that would be really bad.[/quote']
I think it is tomorrow. If next one then i might have problem because I'll be on Wedding of my family member.

Ah, that could be a problem, and I'd like more than 24 hours to read through the core book... that and another week gives us time to figure out (on an individual level) how to use OpenRPG better. Personally, I'm not (too) adverse to waiting a week.

Yeah, he said the 17th, he meant the -next- next saturday (I hate that, it's sometimes so hard to say what should be an easy thing)

I think I might just go with a bow in the end.. going to drop my melee down a little as I don't like it suddenly jumping.. and not like melee weapons are uncommon.. now just to try and think of a cool bow which fits me ^^

Eh.. well.. I -assumed- so.. I mean.. artifacts are often custom made for exalted, especially solars.. would certainly expect our artifacts to be wonderfully unique ^^

FluffySquirrel said:
I think I might just go with a bow in the end.. going to drop my melee down a little as I don't like it suddenly jumping.. and not like melee weapons are uncommon.. now just to try and think of a cool bow which fits me ^^
Eh.. well.. I -assumed- so.. I mean.. artifacts are often custom made for exalted, especially solars.. would certainly expect our artifacts to be wonderfully unique ^^
Seconded. I'm mostly trying to decide if a artifact-hunting-knife with a hearthstone-slot is one or two dots or if I just don't want a 5 dot hearthstone and just go with an artifact-hunting-knife that the tip opens up and turns into a beam-saber... I'd like the hunting-knife/beam-sword to be just a two dot and get a five dot hearthstone, but as I'm still waiting for the book to arrive, I don't know all the five dot stones and whether I consider them worth it for me personally. :P

Well... I suppose I can finalize my character now.

ST, we need some rulings on the house rules we're going to use. Are you going to make a Campaign Wiki?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back