• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Forbidden and Scarred Love { The Last of Us 1x1 with icedthemoon }

Ezekiel Finch and Theophilus Sharpe (and also the Smith Clan)
Seraphite Warrior, WLF Member | 26, 22 | Current location ;; Washington

Kaiden reaching for his pistol did not even make Ezekiel flinch. That was what wolves were supposed to do. He had no reason to be alarmed by this kind of behavior. In fact, it helped him remember what they were doing. They were not friends. They were merely surviving alongside each other. “I am starting to understand why,” he snapped back as he stood his ground unwavering. If She willed it, then he would die. He did not, however, believe it was so. “Have you considered that there is a reason my people kill yours? Perhaps it has something to do with your lack of appreciation for the land that provides for you. You desecrate it.” He looked back the way they came to gesture towards the stairs that fell before stepping closer. He was only inches from Kaiden. This was a bold move for him, and he was not sure what was coming over him. Theo was right there with them, hands out towards them. “Come on, now. I thought we were being friends-“ “You are a petulant child who would find clarity in murder, wouldn’t you?” Ezekiel paid zero mind to the second wolf. His entire attention was with this one. “I do not know why I thought saving you was a good idea.”

Kaiden Lachlan and Alexander Brennan (along with the Smith Clan)
WLF Member, Young Seraphite Warrior | 23, 16 | Current location ;; Washington

Kaiden glared at Ezekiel more when he heard that. His hands clenched into fists as he clenched his jaw tight. Kai looked back at the stairs and then to Ezekiel. “We do appreciate the land. We have our own land that feeds us. The stairs were an accident, left uncared for since the world changed.” Kaiden argued as he felt his temper rising. When Ezekiel stepped close to him, Kai closed the distance, chests touching as he looked at this man. His eyes narrowed as he growled low. “I do not find clarity in murder. I find it in exploring. And I don’t know why I saved you. So why don’t you finish the job and kill me now.” Kaiden bit out. “Guys..” Alex whispered, placing a hand on Ezekiel’s shoulder. He would stand and defend his fellow Seraphite, but he didn’t understand what was happening.

Ezekiel merely raised a hand towards Alex as his nostrils flared and he glared at this boy in front of him. “How very wolf of you to treat us as though we are a threat to your pack. Your territory.” The heat of their fuming breaths swirled together in one rage-fueled mass. “But you spend so little time in your own territory that you let it fall to pieces around you.” Without moving from his spot, he jabbed a finger back towards those fallen stairs. “This is why they say that you cannot be trusted with the land. This is why we want it back.” He brought his hand back to fall beside him. “I am shocked that there are still people like you in this world.” He leaned back just enough to quickly slip his hands between their chests and shove Kaiden backwards. “Such a disgrace to humanity.” He was already stepping back and turning so that his side was to Kaiden when Theo was stepping between them with a frantic, “Whoa whoa whoa, this is not what we agreed on guys! Remember when we were being non-aggressive buddies?”

Kaiden’s eyes narrowed more, glaring at the other. He had no idea how they lived or what they were like. Typical of a wolf, Kaiden growled again, seeing the jabbed finger. He was about to make a retort when he felt himself stumble backwards. “How dare you?! You have no idea what you’re talking about. We don’t choose where to patrol, we just do what we’re told. Like you do what you’re told by your leaders.” Kaiden snapped. This scar knew nothing of their world. Their lives. “Then again, you scars are all insane, praying to a prophet who was so easy to kill. She rules everything you say and do. So why would I even consider thinking you’d understand.” Kaiden snapped, as he looked at Theo. “I guess that’s over.” He said simply.

Alex watched the entire thing unfold, he saw Ezekiel raise a hand towards him and he’d backed off. This was a side he’d never seen of the warrior before. But he was with Theo, they were supposed to not be aggressive to each other. He just didn’t know what happened.

“So easy to kill?” Ezekiel was going to let it go. Or at least he was going to drop it. He was going to call this a battle that he did not want to fight and walk away. Actually, he was going to tell Alex that this had been a fool’s plan, and they would do better on their own than assisting such lowly creatures. That dropped the moment Kaiden decided that talking like a stereotypical, trigger-happy wolf was the way to go. He whipped back around, taking long strides towards him. He pushed Theo aside who was facing Kai instead of Ezekiel. Theo stumbled and caught himself before falling. “She was human as are we all,” he growled with as much bite as his aggressor. His entire body was beginning to shake with the uncontrollable anger. He fumed so heavily that his breath was easily audible. He glared into those violent eyes. “Are you?”

Kaiden knew what he said, he’d done it on purpose. He narrowed his eyes as he saw Ezekiel make long strides and his eyes flashed at the pushing of Theo. Oh okay. Good to know that would work. He saw the others body shaking and could hear his breathing. Kaiden’s brown eyes sparked with anger and hate. “No. At least. Not according to your people. But you are too busy looking at what we aren’t doing in taking care of our land, to notice we’re human too.” Kaiden snapped, bringing his hands up and placing them in Ezekiel’s chest and pushed hard. “Next time you push my friend? You’ll have broken legs.” Kaiden added, moving quickly to Theo’s side. “Are you okay?” He asked, all hostility vanished as he checked on his brother.

Ezekiel stumbled backwards, losing his footing, and crashing down onto the ground pretty hard. Thankfully, so much of this area was overrun with grass which cushioned his fault. He fell hard enough to wind him which rendered him both unable to speak and also made him take longer to be able to get up. It did wonders for anger as he attempted to regain his breath. He was less furious though still unreasonably uncomfortable. Theo nodded, but he was too much in shock to know what else to do. “Yeah, I, uh, I’m fine. I- I just-“ He looked from the scar on the floor to the scar who seemed equally as confused as Theo felt. “I’m good. Are you?” He finally brought his attention back to Kai. Kai was a bit overzealous sometimes. He liked to wander and explore sometimes. But this? This was.. well, this was a lot.

Alex’s eyes widened as he saw Ezekiel fall to the ground. He was over by his side quickly, checking him over. “A- Are you okay?” Alex asked, concern for his leader in his voice and eyes. Kaiden had glanced over and winced, he had not intended for the other to fall. His focus went back onto Theo a moment later. “I’m fine. Let’s get moving. It’s getting later the longer we stand here. We need to get further away before we can separate.” Kaiden said, looking at the three of them and started walking. He didn’t even wait for the man on the ground, he just started moving again like nothing happened.

“Are you sure?” Theo asked, because from where he was standing, he was pretty sure that Kai was not fine. In fact, he was absolutely positive that this was the opposite of fine. He ran after him, not wanting to be so close to the people who literally just attacked his brother. Ezekiel focused on his breathing. Deep and slow breath in. Slow, slow, slow breath out. He watched as the other two walked away. “I- am fine,” he answered, hoping that Alex did not hear the slight falter in his voice. “Shaken is all.” He watched the man who haunted his dreams as well as his waking thoughts who now occupied an even bigger space in them. He clenched a fist and shoved it into the ground to stabilize himself as he stood up. “As much as I would like to separate now, I think he is correct. It would be unwise to attempt to fend for ourselves now.” In a lower voice just for Alex, he hissed, “Though I prefer time with the demons.” He moved forward, losing all of his swiftness. He felt no need to be nearer to Kaiden than was required.

“I said I’m fine!” Kaiden snapped, looking back at Theo. Which in turn caused him to look at the one who had kept him awake last night and now seemed to occupy his thoughts now. With a humph, he turned back around and kept moving. There were some buildings up ahead, and the street they were on, connected to another one that ran side to side. It was at that junction they could separate. Alex made sure that Ezekiel was okay, though he caught the slight falter. Something was wrong still. He snorted a laugh at the hissed words and nodded. Although he didn’t mind the two wolves, they were much nicer than he’d thought, even if Kaiden did fight with Ezekiel. He looked up ahead and sighed. “Not much longer, though it’s gotten later, I do hope our group is okay still.” Alex commented as they walked.

Theo’s movements paused, just a moment, and enough for him to fall behind. Kaiden’s anger hurt Theo more than he expected. Clearly not, he thought as he watched his best friend and brother struggle to keep up with who he had been his whole life. How had one guy managed to ruin everything? He was a scar, or a Sera whatever, but they had dealt with plenty of scars before. None of them ever made Kai act like that. Granted, they never had discussions with them. Maybe this would be normal if they tried to talk more. Ezekiel wanted to stay in his anger. It was not so much that he liked being angry but that he felt that he had earned it. However, Alex brought up a good point, and he realized that he had been completely neglecting his friend. He wrapped an arm around Alex’s back and hooked his hand around his shoulder. “They are strong. She guides us all.” He looked ahead to see the roads. “When we find a building we think will be easy to traverse, we should travel once again to the roof. Now that we are not in immediate danger, we may be able to see where we need to go to get back.” Had he not been so upset with Kaiden, he might have suggested that they do the same thing.

Kaiden’s anger was usually kept well under control. He always tried so hard not to use it. Tried not to use it on his family and friends. But he was just so worked up and confused. It was like his whole world was shattered around him. Was everything they know about these scars.. no seraphites wrong? Kaiden refused to think about it right now. He noticed that Theo had fallen behind and he wondered if his anger had caused that. As they came closer to the crossroads, he paused so that he was back in step with Theo. “I’m sorry for snapping at you. I shouldn’t have let my anger out.” Kai said, looking at the ground as he walked. Alex felt the arm wrapped around his back and he nodded. “I know She guides us all. And okay. That sounds like a good idea.” Alex said as he noticed the crossroad was coming up closer.

Theo didn’t really want to look at Kai. He didn’t want to be there anymore. He was done exploring and doing something stupid. Really, he just wanted to go home. Home meant trying to go to sleep with the lectures of Brian, so maybe he could crash with his parents for the night. Or maybe he could find himself a cozy section of the library to hang out until he felt better. He wasn’t mad at Kaiden. He wasn’t super upset or anything. He didn’t know what he was honestly. Scared maybe. He was scared. “It’s fine,” he muttered as he continued walking without looking at him. He didn’t even look back at the people he didn’t trust. He just looked forward. Ezekiel let his arm drop, because he was not the right person to comfort Alex. He was, after all, one of the two who could not keep their cool in this situation. That was entirely unfair to Alex. He held his breath and his words. His words made them as bad as the wolves claimed that they were. He felt a weight get heavier as they came to the crossroad.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back