• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Forbidden and Scarred Love { The Last of Us 1x1 with icedthemoon }

Kaiden Lachlan and Alexander Brennan (along with the Smith Clan)
WLF Member, Young Seraphite Warrior | 23, 16 | Current location ;; Washington

Josh blinked as he smiled, hearing Theo. “Hmm. I knew I liked him.” He said at the superhero comment. Josh didn’t say much more as he watched the two head out of the cafeteria. Kai waved bye to his parents before he followed Theo out and towards the armory. “Let’s grab some guns and get going! I’m ready.” Kaiden said with a smile as they got there and Kaiden grabbed a pistol and a rifle before he looked at Theo. “Alright, which way should we go?”

Drake nodded with a smile on his face. Alex looked at Ezekiel and nodded. “I would be happy to be your pair.” Alex agreed as he followed Ezekiel towards their patrol route. His body was shaking a little with excitement at finally being able to get off the island and see the rest of Seattle.

Ezekiel Finch and Theophilus Sharpe (and also the Smith Clan)
Seraphite Warrior, WLF Member | 26, 22 | Current location ;; Washington

Theo practically ran out of the room and to the armory. Was he hamming it up a little for Kai’s parents. Yeah, for sure. Did he mean every word of that? Of course. He absolutely believed everything he said about them. When they were younger and still expected to participate in the attempts at schooling, adults would ask who their role models were or heroes. It was them. Well, actually, it was Josh and Soren, because they were terrifying but in the most awesome way imaginable. That was why he was right there with Kai joining these trainings as soon as he was allowed. He wanted to be just like them. He strapped on a pistol, grabbed a rifle, and took a couple of clips of ammo for the journey. “Where ya heading?” Rodney asked as they signed out the weapons. “You’re not on a patrol, right?”

Ezekiel moved to Drake and spoke softly. “You are eldest under me. I will defer to you much as I am learning this group. Please be patient with me as I find my way as your leader.” He placed a hand on his shoulder and bowed his head as one would to those of higher status. “Thank you for being so kind with me already.” He moved away and gathered them all again. “We all know the way,” he paused to wink at Alex with a quiet, “almost,” before continuing louder, “then let us go. Stick close together. Alert everyone as you have been trained. I trust in you as She trusts in us.”

Kaiden loved his parents, loved his mother when she was still alive, and he knew they meant well even though Hayden could be a little overprotective but so was Josh. For the first year he joined their patrol, he had been ordered to stick right beside Josh the whole time. As he learned more, he was allowed to move away from his side. Kai looked at Rodney and smiled. “We’re headed to go check out the Serevena and the area there. We’re not on patrol, just needed to get out.” Kai said as he grabbed some more ammo. He said goodbye to him and led the way towards the gate. Harris let them out and they were finally away from the stadium. “Alright. Did we wanna head towards the hotel and then keep going or go in a different direction?”

Drake appreciated the nod, smiling at Ezekiel. “Of course. I will help where I can.” Drake told him as he watched his new leader walk away. Alex chuckled softly at the quiet word and nodded. He stuck close to Ezekiel as they moved, heading towards the route that would take them to the main land. To the city.

Theo shrugged. “Might as well go towards the hotel first and then see where to from there. That way if anyone does see us at the beginning, we don’t look like we’re doing anything too suspicious.” The moment they were out of those gates, waving to the people guarding them, he was already walking pretty fast. Actually, he wanted to run, but that seemed stupid for numerous reasons. “Man, it feels great just to be moving. Sorry your night sucked. And that Own totally stood us up. And yesterday was crazy. But hey. Maybe we’ll run into your mystery savior today. What do you think?”

The way to the city took time, but it was significantly faster with a group. On his own in the dying and gone light, Ezekiel found it much harder to find the way and traverse on his own. He had to tread ever lighter in case there were enemies around. With his lack of sufficient weaponry, it would have been much more difficult to survive. Here, he knew that there were plenty of people that had his back. Much like his last group, though they were not prepared for so many all at once. The memory made him wonder something. “Alex,” he asked as they moved. “Have you ever seen a demon? Actually seen one?”

As they walked, Kai looked at Theo when he spoke. “That makes sense. And we can head towards the bank and then courthouse. Or maybe head deeper into the city.” Kaiden suggested as they moved, and he shrugged a little. “It’s so nice to be out of there. And not have to stick to a patrol route. It does suck but at least I’ve got you. And maybe. Who knows.” Kai said though he wasn’t so sure he wanted to see the scar again. Well. He didn’t and at the same time kind of did. The streets were quiet as they moved, but Kaiden kept his head on a swivel just in case. The infected liked to roam of course.

Alex’s brown eyes were taking everything around them in. The route they were walking, the fact that he was getting closer to the city. He glanced at Ezekiel and shook his head. “No. I’ve never seen one before. Are they as scary as the stories were told about them?”

“That area is nuts,” Theo commented as they moved. “I went out there once years ago, and it was the weirdest feeling. I can see why we never patrol out there. No one likes to remember those FEDRA days.” He skipped forward, letting the energy overtake him for a moment. “I think I want to meet him,” he said, jumping back to the idea that Kai dismissed. “Your savior. I want to be like ‘thanks for saving my bro,’ and also be like ‘who even are you?’ Maybe he’s some kind of rogue survivor out here? Maybe it’s one of the group they never saw again. Um.. Boris and them? Now that would be crazy.”

Ezekiel considered this question. He did not want to scare the younger warrior, but he also did not believe in lying. “That depends on what you find scary. But yes. I do not wish to frighten you, but I want you to understand the dangers we do face each day. They look like people but wrong. Some have misshapen faces and what looks like mushrooms growing from them. They are loud and sound like creatures.” He thought about the many that killed his friends. His family. The ones the wolf killed. “They can be defeated, but they are a great threat. The wolves are humans with murder in their hearts, but the demons are no longer people. It makes them harder to understand.”

Kai nodded as he remembered a few trips to the Serevena. “I went once with Josh and Soren, they showed me where Josh used to live too. The house is over run with plant life but he used to live out past the bank. And I agree, it’s weird out there. Any reminders of FEDRA are horrible.” He agreed before he tilted his head. “I doubt it was Boris, and are you positive you wanna meet him? What if if was a scar.. how would you feel then?” Kai asked as they came closer to the hotel. He wasn’t even sure if he’d want to meet him again.

Alex listened to Ezekiel as he talked. Misshapen faces, mushrooms growing out, screeching like animals. Alex shivered a little bit as he listened. Sure the wolves were humans that liked to kill, but demons. Those weren’t humans anymore. “Thank you for explaining that. I understand they are a great threat, and I will do my best to protect our lands and our group.”

Theo shrugged as they traveled. “I mean, I dunno.” Did he want to meet a scar? He met plenty of scars, and they all wanted him dead. But this guy didn’t kill Kaiden, so what did that mean? “If your mystery savior was a scar, then yeah, I think I would want to meet him. We could ask him why he didn’t just kill you like the rest of them would. And I don’t mean I wanted this dude to kill you! Just.. like what’s different about this dude?” He pointed at the hotel. “Wanna check it out first or travel somewhere else?”

As they moved, Ezekiel considered saying several things, though he was not sure how much he should say to one so much younger and one who was under him in a group. “We know very little about the demons other than they are the direct consequence of the sins of humanity. Though I have battled them numerous times, I do not have an abundance of experience. Throughout the ten years that I have been a warrior who travels these lands, I have only encountered them a handful of times. Not all ended without casualties.”

Kai looked at Theo and sighed under his breath. “You and me both man. I’d love to know why he didn’t kill me like they normally do.” He said softly before he glanced at the hotel. “Nah. Let’s go check out somewhere new. We could go down towards the suburbs, er what used to be the suburbs. Out past the bank maybe? I know patrols don’t go there anymore so I’m sure it’ll be interesting.”

Alex listened, nodding as he walked. He’d heard the story of the demons, monsters that resulted from the sins of humanity. The reason they have these scars on his face was to prove that they were imperfect. He ran a finger over his scar and then looked at Ezekiel. “I see. Okay.” Alex went quiet, his mind whirring with the new information on the demons as they drew closer to the main land.

Theo glanced at his best friend, brother, and wondered why that sounded a bit off. Instead of asking the question, since this whole conversation clearly had something else going on that he did not understand yet, he decided to also move on. “Yeah, you know what, let’s do the suburbs. We never get to go out there. There’s bound to be something interesting. Like.. like um, remnants of a crazy group of people who leave notes all around and we have to puzzle out their history. Wouldn’t that be cool?” He picked up his pace just a little, because he was eager to find something new. It was like he was a little kid again, and he loved that. They very rarely got the chance to do that.

The group was quiet as they traveled the rest of the way to the mainland. The closer they got, the more likely there would be others who could hear them. This particular route was not one that he had done much before, so Ezekiel was not entirely comfortable with their movements. He trusted in his group as he trusted in all the Seraphites. She guided them, and he relished in that. Though, as he thought that, he pictured the events of the day prior. Did She guide him to their deaths? Did She guide them to such a strange individual? He was lost in his thoughts as they moved inward.

Kaiden was thankful that Theo moved on. He didn’t want to think much more about the scar. Kai nodded with a quiet laugh. “That sounds like a great time. Let’s be quiet though, once we get further away from here, we could find infected.” He said as he walked away from the hotel. “Who knows what we’ll find.” He added as he walked, seeing the gate that marked the end of this patrol route. “Once we’re through there, it’s all new territory.”

Alex was quiet, looking at the buildings of the main land as they traveled in. His head swung around as he listened and looked. He kept close to Ezekiel as he did because he didn’t know what they’d find or what would find them. Drake moved beside Ezekiel and looked at him. “Our patrol starts right up here and swings around all these buildings.” Drake’s voice was quiet as he used his hand to show the route he spoke of.

Theo pointed to that gate. “You see that thing? That is the only thing stopping us from being free of responsibility and overbearing adults who think that we’re still little kids.” He bounded up to it and banged a hand on it. “We are not little kids anymore. We are full grown adult men. And you know what adult men do? They escape from tyranny.” He laughed.

Ezekiel blinked several times as Drake moved to his side. He pulled himself from his thoughts and memories to listen. He scanned the area as he took in the patrol route. “Good. We can move quickly through here if he split into our pairs. Stay in the same route going the same way, always aware of where we all are.” He nodded to him and looked at the rest. “May She guide you.” He turned to Alex and touched his lips. Now they were quiet unless necessary. He moved slowly along the route, waiting for the rest to spread as they would normally so that he and Alex could fill in the gaps.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back