• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy  ◞ fields of *: trouvaille ic

trouvaille
!

scene one ♡

story of seasons

peter wojtek

the scene

A season since the devastating earthquake passes in the blink of an eye, but still Trouvaille struggles to recover from its losses. Most of the town's building infrastructure is now stable and safe from the threat of collapse. However, several buildings remain partially or fully non-operational.

Due in part to the destruction of the bridge connecting Trouvaille and the main road out of the town, resources from the capital and neighboring villages are limited. Although little to no damage was sustained to the town's crops, trade is stagnant and thus the town's economy is suffering. Many in Trouvaille turn to trading goods rather than exchanging coin in order to sustain themselves.

Despite these struggles, the town's Baron remains determined and optimistic. Aluk calls for Trouvaille's seasonal town meeting to discuss their restoration plans moving forward into the autumn season. Those in attendance gather in the Baron's foyer.

TOWN RANK: WOOD (F)

PARTIALLY OR FULLY NON-OPERATIONAL:
  • clinic
  • fishery
  • tailor's shop
  • general store
  • dam reservoir
  • mining entrance
  • bridge to the main road
  • several houses within town
DAMAGED, BUT FULLY OPERATIONAL:
  • inn
  • library
  • museum
  • florist's shop
EVENTS ON HOLD OR CANCELLED:
  • biweekly markets (cancelled indefinitely until bridge is repaired)
  • biweekly club nights (cancelled for summer, status unknown for autumn)
  • hallowe'en (on hold, expected to be cancelled if current conditions do not improve)

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

aluk
!

the baron ♡

• h

son of nyx

hozier

a

b

c

scene one

Hours before the town meeting is set to begin, Calian finds his father asleep at his desk. The teenager huffs in annoyance at what has now become a common sight to behold. His father is no stranger to overworking himself, but in the earthquake's aftermath this flaw of his has only worsened. Calian drops a plate in front of Aluk and manages not to wince at the sound of porcelain clattering against wood.

"Eat your lunch," the boy hisses, staring down at his father's disoriented face. "And stop falling asleep at your desk, old man!"

Despite having hosted town meetings for many years, Aluk finds himself feeling nervous this time around. The earthquake is his first natural disaster as Baron and there is still so much Trouvaille needs to recover from. He knows many of the townspeople are patient and understanding, but others could be rightfully frustrated by their delayed timeline. Aluk sighs at the thought, and slumps in his chair. He hopes talks today will bring others comfort and understanding of what is to come.

The hour approaches quicker than Aluk is prepared for. He departs from his office to straighten out seats in the foyer to burn through some of his nervous energy. The food is already set out, courtesy of Calian and the manor's elderly butler. All there is left to do is wait and repeat his speech back to himself over and over again.

Aluk greets the townspeople at the door as they begin to arrive, urging them to help themselves to refreshments and to find a comfortable seat. Most, if not all, of the usual attendees are either on time or arrive shortly before and after. The numbers begin to dwindle soon enough and Aluk abandons his post by the door to take his place in front of the crowd.

"Thank you all for attending. There's a lot to discuss, so I'll skip over any further pleasantries this time around," Aluk begins with an apologetic smile. "It's been a season since the earthquake. As we are all aware, Trouvaille still suffers from a number of infrastructure issues. Currently, the following structures are either partially or fully non-operational: the clinic, fishery, tailor's shop, general store, dam reservoir, mining entrance, bridge to the main road, and a number of houses in town." He pauses to let the information settle and bites back a disappointed sigh. "The inn, library, museum, and florist's shop are damaged, but thankfully fully operational. All other structures either experienced no damage or already received necessary repairs to reach full operational status."

Aluk continues his address, "As it stands, my top priority is to restore the clinic to full capacity. It remains operational, but highly limited in resources and its capacity to treat patients. Following the clinic, I believe the bridge to the main road and the dam reservoir are essential structures to repair."

His bi-colored eyes look over at the crowd and his heart aches at the sight of their tired faces. "I have three projects teams with a focus on infrastructure repair, food and resource supply, and other necessities that will be in need of volunteer sign-ups once the forum discussion of the night has concluded." He takes a deep breath before continuing, "The Infrastructure Repair team will be led by Etienne and Soren, as the two most qualified to assess and complete the physical labor required of these projects. They will need assistance with supplies, materials, and project management. The Food and Supply team, led by Kolt and [FARMER], will require assistance in data collection, supplies and materials, as well as distribution of goods. Finally, we have a Quality of Life team led by myself and Edith. Our goal is to assess the needs of the town that could be easily overlooked, such as minor repairs, replacing destroyed clothing or furniture, and so on. We will need assistance in data collection, donations, and distribution of services and goods. Sign-ups will be available shortly, as I mentioned."

Aluk offers the crowd a sheepish grin. "I apologize for rambling, but I would also like to announce that our bi-weekly gaming nights will return this season. In all of this doom and gloom, I hope this can offer everyone some much needed joy." He takes a small step back and lets his shoulders drop. "If anyone has any comments, questions, or concerns, please feel free to stand. Additionally, if you would like to address the town you may now do so freely."
/border]

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
"Fuck me!" Levian flinched from the wood suddenly letting go of his saw, now with nothing to bite into it came back faster than he was ready for. A couple teeth caught the base of his left thumb and gave him a good nick. Nothing devastating of course, but—"Doesn't mean it hurts any less." He grumbled, sticking the cut in his mouth and letting the iron wash over his tongue.

A little out of his depth, Levian hadn't had the time to visit the local carpenter for help or insight on how woodworking—well—works, yet. What was his name? Etienne? Before he gets around to his next attempt at trying to fix the damn hole in his roof, he should probably ask for some pointers. Clearing the splintered boards wasn't much of a hassle, and the opening had been cleaned up for the installation of replacement boards but it looks like they stumbled upon the difficult part. I'll have to see about borrowing some of that gauze Karera made for me. I wonder if she's closed up already? What is it, 6:30? He checked his watch, nodding to himself in confirmation.

"Wait a fuckin' second! Town meeting! Ah shit, hold on." Levian started to scramble around at that, tearing off his work clothes and tossing them onto 'the chair' before closing in on a basket on the other end of the room. "Right, right, right. Need Levia to look decent at least. Oh, but this is a big boy meeting, can't skimp out for the boss, right? Not that I'll make it if I'm not sprinting for it; sorry, Levia. No skirt tonight," He wiggled out of his binder with some level of difficulty. "Fuckin—get the hell off me!" Finally it came free, its resistance against him repaid by being flung across the room by his efforts to fight against it. Something that caused him to let out a fatigued but relieved sigh. "That's—bwef—that's much better," She mused, her hand coming up to massage her chest a bit from the soreness. "Well! That's enough of a break, back to it!"

Sprinting up the town square, Levia let her pace come down as she approached the door to the manor. Finding Aluk there gave her some amount of confidence.

"Does that mean I'm not late, boss?" She flashed him a smile before checking her watch. 6:50!? Man, Levian still had plenty of time to get more work done. Still, it was comforting to her nerves to have gotten a laugh out of Aluk with that.

"Not at all, in fact you're early enough to get first dibs on the small sandwiches."

"Free food!? So that's why you're the boss."

Crossing the threshold into the manor, Levia stopped dead in her tracks once she found that she was the first to arrive!

"Wh—fu—it's just me!?" Great, you know what that means: ten minutes of standing around doing nothing.

At least I can take advantage of my first dibs!

"Thank you all for attending. There's a lot to discuss, so I'll skip over any further pleasantries this time around."

It didn't take too long for other people to start filling into the manor, thank god for that. Still, it was a business meeting so when Aluk finally joined and started laying down the law, Levia was ready to start taking notes.

He opened with the priority he gave each task. Well, already Levia couldn't say she was on the same page. The clinic of course should absolutely be a top priority, but top of the list? He says "operational, but highly limited in resources" which begs the question, how were they supposed to get it operational again? Get more resources, yeah, but from where? The bridge was down, no way they could get a hold of what they needed with their dedicated trade route decommissioned. He knows that of course, so he assigns Etienne and Soren the task of getting it back in commission, and no one had been tasked with clinical restoration. Right, what was I thinking? The Barron has everything under control. What's expected of me right now is to find somewhere to make myself useful. Let me see about getting into that bridge repair squad. We're gonna need all hands on for this one.

Returning to her notes with a fervor, she started putting together rough estimates of material requirements, structural ratings, and their timeline. All things that unfortunately pulled her mind away from the rest of the meeting.

Last edited:
mood
❝ anxious ❞

outfit
here

tags
here
Amelia
Amelia gently dropped the last box of stuff into her room in the inn, huffing softly at the exertion and trying to catching her breath. She had managed to get the last of the stuff she could savage from the rubble that had made it unscathed enough to make it still useful. A few bags of autumn crop seeds and a few bags of spices. Amelia sighed softly, running her hands through her hair as she stared at the remaining few bags, anxiety crawling it's way through her body. She was swept away out of her thoughts when she felt a tiny paw on her leg, gently prodding it.

"Hey. Lily." Amelai whispered softly, crouching down to pick up the rat in her hands. Lily chirped in greeting, her brother's racing out from under the bed to greet her soon after. Lily crawled up onto her shoulder while Moo and Spot crawled up her skirt, slipping into her right skirt pocket to nap in the warm fabric.

"Guys you really shouldn't be coming with me to the manor." She sighed softly, glancing up at the clock. "I need to get going." Lily nuzzled against her cheek before settling down in the crook of her neck.

"Guess you're coming." Amelia grabbed her journal and a pen from the desk, slipping the pen into her vacant pocket. She glanced around, looking for anything else she might need before deciding she was ready, slipping her boots back on and finally heading out the door.

-=-

As she approached the manor, she felt the anxiety return, her body on edge as she stared up at the door. It wasn't like she was scared of anyone, she had known most of the town since childhood, it was more of the unknown. Would they face another earthquake after rebuilding? How long will it take to be fully functioning? Several questions swirled through her head as her fingers slipped into her pocket, pulling out Moo and Spot from her pocket, gently putting them on the ground. They blinked up at her sleepily as she pulling Lily off her shoulder, setting her beside them.

"Don't cause any trouble." She mumbled as if they could understand, and the three rats sauntered off, leaving her standing alone. She watched them go before pulling open the door, giving Aluk and those inside a small smile before slipping into a vacant chair in the back of the room as she waited for it to start.

Aluk started to speak causing her to sit up in her chair, pulling open her journal to a fresh page. Teams? She tilted her head curiously as he spoke about the different teams they would have, listening carefully too each one. Food and supply would definitely fit her skillset the best, but really she didn't mind where she went as long as she could help in any way she could. As he asked for questions her eyes scanned the room, curious as too what the other's may be thinking in the moment.
coded by reveriee.

LYRIA • The Inn Keeper

mood.

somewhat motivated

location.

manor foyer

tags.

All All !!

Her eyes half open, Lyria poured a kettle of steaming hot water over coffee grounds and into two cups, the smell slowly bringing her a sense of new life.

Sweet cream was usually something she doused her own with, but after taking inventory of the inn and its supplies the previous days - well, if she even did the math correctly, they were very low on a multitude of supplies.

Sure, skipping a little thing like sweet cream wasn't a big deal in comparison to other supplies, but it was another small way for her to prove that she's in this to win this. No cream...

Her dad would notice the lack of cream, and ask, 'No cream?', and then Lyria would get the opportunity to explain that she's earning her keep, and just being so mindful these days, and -

"Lyria! Room four is locked outside their room... We need the spare keys!"

Right, leisure morning coffee would have to come later after she was able to remember where the spare keys were kept...

- - -​

After pulling out a chair for her father to sit on, Lyria leaned nearby, sipping on whatever sad punch happened to be in her cup, and took a look at the Trouvaille townies all bunched up in the manor.

She didn't have much time to greet anyone, her and her father being just barely on time - but this wasn't exactly the most social of events anyways.

There weren't a lot of the usual smiles or pleasant chatter shimmering through this meeting's crowd, for obvious reasons.

People had lost a lot. More than Trouvaille had ever lost before.

And while Lyria wouldn't dare say she was grateful for this to have happened (she wasn't, at all) -- she was grateful to be in a place in life where she could fully be present and ready for it.

Had a tragedy like this happened five or six years ago - maybe not even two years ago - Lyria can't say that she would've been able to stick around, and actually be the reliable person her father would've needed...

Aluk, looking tired as all hell, began the meeting, and Lyria pushed her thoughts aside to actually listen.

- - -​

At the mention of the bi-weekly gaming nights returning, Lyria let out a loud 'whoot, whoot!' from the back.

She wasn't planning on contributing anything much other than that once Aluk had opened the floor to the townies, but glancing down at her aged father, the quiet and sad ambience of the room, and just having her general thoughts be so bent on redemption - a sudden swell of action decided to produce itself.

"I actually have something to say, if you don't mind!" Lyria wormed her way towards the front, choosing to remain unaffected by a few glares.

"So, I'm sure most of you know already, since I'm not exactly 'new' here - but Label is my father, and he has unfortunately suffered a pretty nasty injury to his leg, and needs time to recover...

In his place, and as the current inn-keeper, I just wanted to remind everyone that while we don't have any full rooms left, we do have a few residents willing to double up for anyone who still needs, or wants one...

And free of charge, of course, at least until Trouvaille is less down on its luck."

She paused, giving herself a chance to find something else to say.

"So let's get this town fixed up, so we can go back to charging for lost room keys again, yeah? We're lookin' at you, room number four..."

After giving a thanks, and exiting the floor for someone else to take, she made her way back to her father's side.

Her father gave a roll of his eyes, scoffing, "How very inn-keeper of you..."

But there was no missing the slight tilt of a smile beneath his grim facade.

♡coded by uxie♡

• how he's feeling...

Thinking about how to contribute...

A a r o n

The Doctor

LIqJBOo.png

A faint breeze whispered through the cracks of the old window, carrying with it the scent of dust and turmoil as Aaron sat hunched over his desk.

His hand moved swiftly across the paper, the ink smudging slightly as he jotted down notes about the disaster that had shaken his world a season ago. Outside, the echoes of the village still stirred like the aftermath of a violent storm.
VxqZKq8.png

[Flashback]
The earthquake had struck without warning, a monstrous tremor that sent ripples through the earth like an angry beast awakening. Aaron barely had time to think.

His heart had leapt into his throat as the clinic walls groaned and trembled around him. In the chaos, he’d grabbed what he could—his hands fumbling to stuff medical tools and scraps of notes into his pockets before the ground heaved once more, and the building began to crumble in slow, agonizing increments.

Desperation fueled his escape, feet pounding against the shaking floor as he bolted through the narrow hallway. Outside, the world seemed to mirror his panic.

The sound of terrified screams filled the air, mingling with the deep rumble of the earth’s aftershocks. Aaron’s breath came in ragged bursts as he stumbled out of the clinic, his chest tightening with the realization that he had made it out—barely.

But relief was fleeting.

The streets were chaos. Dust and debris floated in the wind like ash from a fire, casting a grayish haze over the village. People cried out, clutching each other as they gathered in frightened clusters, their faces pale with shock. Aaron's eyes scanned the damage with a heavy heart; though the clinic stood battered, a portion of its walls cracked and buckled, it remained upright.

It was more than many could say of their homes.

Though partially damaged, the clinic was still operational—enough for him to salvage at least two rooms for patients. It had been an unrelenting day in the aftermath of the quake.

Villagers poured in one after another, each face telling a story of fear and survival.

Most injuries were minor—scratches, bruises, twisted ankles—but Aaron treated each patient with the same focus, his exhaustion buried beneath the need to help.

[End of flashback]
--------------------------
He leaned back in his chair, the paper beneath his hands now filled with scrawled notes. His body was weary, but his mind was still racing, replaying the moments of chaos, the feeling of the ground beneath him shifting as if the earth itself had come alive.
Aaron glanced out the window, the once gentle twilight now swallowed by heavy clouds, casting the night sky into an inky blackness.

A sense of urgency stirred within him as he realized he needed to make his way to the manor’s grand foyer, where the Baron would soon reveal his decisions and plans for the village’s recovery.

As Aaron approached the manor, the imposing structure loomed before him, its stone walls casting long shadows across the courtyard.
DFezDvh.png

He could hear the muffled voices of others, already gathered inside, their frustration palpable even before he entered. The heavy wooden doors creaked open, revealing a room filled with concerned faces—men and women, all worn by the day’s events, their eyes filled with the same exhaustion and uncertainty that gnawed at Aaron.

Taking his place in the corner, Aaron quietly observed the gathering.

His fellow villagers were slumped in their seats, weary from the earthquake and its aftermath. The tension in the air was thick, the atmosphere heavy with the weight of unspoken fears and frustrations. Like Aaron, they all waited for Baron Aluk to speak, to provide some semblance of a plan, a way forward.

The Baron, standing at the head of the room, cleared his throat, his voice calm but with a thread of authority that commanded attention.

As Aluk began outlining potential roles for the villagers, Aaron's mind wandered.

He knew he could contribute in several ways—his experience as the village doctor made him a valuable asset. Perhaps he could join the efforts to improve the village’s quality of life, helping restore order and cleanliness in the aftermath of the quake. Or maybe he could lend a hand to the food and supply team, ensuring that the essentials reached the most vulnerable.

Aaron's gaze drifted over the faces of those around him, each person grappling with their own burdens.

Despite his natural inclination toward solitude, he understood that now, more than ever, the village needed every capable hand. And though the weight of responsibility pressed heavily on his shoulders, he knew he couldn’t stand by idly.

Taking time away from his regular duties at the clinic was a sacrifice, but one he was willing to make. Helping his community in this dire time was not just his duty—it was his moral obligation.

The Baron’s voice droned on in the background, but Aaron’s thoughts were focused his resolve hardening. He would do what was necessary, whatever that might be.

♡coded by uxie♡

Damaris the Museum Curator
✦ Mentions: ~
✦ Attire:
This dress

The sun had just begun to ascend over the distant mountains and the first rays of a new day invited tranquility, and the stillness of dawn, to the humble countryside. Damaris had awoken at an early hour and her usual morning routine accompanied by the rustling leaves and the soft sing-song of lone birds.

As she trailed around her cabin, the rooms were mapped in Damaris’ mind with great clarity. Her umber hair was combed and adorned with ribbons that danced along her curls, her teeth brushed, and she wore a ruffled dark skirt and a matching top—the long sleeves tight at her wrists, a prominent bow on her collar and the top a brown color nicely matched her hair. Damaris spent little time on her makeup, only applying a rose tint to her lips before wearing her glasses and promptly making her way to the kitchen.

The space was small, yet it very much reflected the place’s owner—organized, refined. Labeled spices lined the counters in an orderly fashion, not a dirty dish in sight, and although sparks of Damaris’ tendency to write her ponderings everywhere she went, there wasn’t a loose paper to be found. Her two miffy cats, Willow and Maple, both brought a lively aura to the abode. As quiet and patient as ever in Damaris’ presence, none would know of the mighty temper they had with strangers, a quality also present in Damaris herself.

After cooking her breakfast, as she settled the scrambled eggs and utensils onto the table, Maple purred at her heels. Damaris clicked her tongue as a smile tugged at her lips, “Always wanting more, hm? I need to eat too.” She spoke in a playful tone, her hand briskly tracing through the cat’s fur before settling down in her chair. It was tradition to read over food and a cup of coffee, but during these harrowing times, Damaris didn’t have a second to spare. The earthquake along with it brought ruin, not only shaking the ground but also the morale of the town. Whatever feelings of relief Damaris felt getting lost in literature were only fleeting. Finishing her breakfast, she grabbed her satchel and stepped out of the door of her cabin. Damaris was immediately greeted by the warmth of the morning sun, and regrettably, the sorry state of the museum. Debris lined its bricked walls, exhibits disrupted and misplaced, awful smells, and the tension in the town that billowed up like a fog—loosening closely knit ties.

Pushing up her glasses, her fingers rested on the bridge of her nose for a moment.

Though the museum didn’t get the worst of it during the earthquake, it was still a pitiful sight to behold. She was somewhat glad she was able to salvage the necessities, even then, many things could no longer be pieced together. Damaris would always have the place open at seven o’clock sharp, but because of the disaster that racked the community, its remained mostly closed in her steady process of recovery. In these times Damaris had spent so many hours confined in her own cabin hunched over papers and crumbled objects, and so many more in the museum. Her newfound work brought many looming feelings of uncertainty and disorder, the two things Damaris detested the most that marred her heart and mind. The young woman finally exhaled in an attempt to ease her stress. ‘No matter. Standing here won’t fix what has been done.’

. . .​

Time flew by and even Damaris couldn’t seem to keep track of it. The faint rumbling of the elements in the outside world served as ambiance as Damaris stood over her desk, closing old boxes filled with items that were beyond her saving. Somber brown eyes traced the lost fragments one last time, and with a breath escaping her lips—it was closed away.

Damaris looked over at the window, staring for just a moment before realization hit her, the town meeting. Dusting off her hands, feelings of doubt reared its ugly head.

‘Is the Baron even up for the task? Hopefully he has something of use in mind, a sensible plan, perhaps..’ Scrutiny emerged in her pondering. Damaris knew the Baron was a capable man, but she couldn’t help but wonder. Bringing with her a small journal and a pen, she left her office nestled away in a far corner of the museum and began making her way towards grand manor.

. . .​

Damaris moved with little less confidence than usual, her head hung ever so slightly as she approached the estate’s premises. She was one of the first to arrive, and the young woman didn’t pay so much as a second glance at the Baron’s greeting or any busybodies, instead veering off to find a place to sit.

Damaris’ gaze moved throughout the room as more and more residents began to trickle in. The place was absent of the murmur of chatter, one could understand why. Frustrated faces, all burdened and worn, painted the atmosphere of the meeting’s crowd. The quiet echo of the curator’s heels clicking against the floors could be heard, and while her back remained straight, it only poorly veiled her feelings.

The Baron seemed to take the worst of it all. As he began reciting his plans, Damaris’ mind strayed. It seemed sensible, though it did not elevate her worries. Her eyes wandered away and onto the others around her, who still all seemed to all cling onto their doubts as she did, and despite her distaste of interaction, Damaris knew that now wasn’t the time to sit in her preferred solitude waiting around for others. Turning her attention away from the disorder of her own life and focusing on the welfare of the town was a necessary sacrifice to make.

After a few raised concerns and others spoke in reassurance, Damaris briskly waved her hand as a signal for her incoming words, her voice piercing through the silence of the crowd, “Do you have a timeframe for this plan?” Damaris’ tone serious, she paused momentarily before continuing, “And of course, I have to ask about countermeasures for the future. We cannot be so scattered like this if disaster strikes this town again, it’d be smarter to curb future losses.”

coded by: @s e v e n

Last edited:
edith

the archaeologist
G
entle rainfall acted as a backdrop for Edith's studies for most of the day. Her time at home was filled with reading and translating faded texts from some tougher cases she ran into before the earthquake. The unfortunate truth was that she hadn't run into many new findings recently. With the town in disarray and in recovery, she couldn't seem to run into any insightful findings. Nor did she find her usual inspiration.

The familiar feeling of exhaustion compelled her to huff, letting herself slump backwards into her chair. Blonde hair disheveled, glasses slipping down her nose. Her brain was officially melted into nothingness, and all she was left with was a feeling of mental exhaustion. The kind that willed her to rub her eyes in an attempt to regain full coherent thinking.

She could almost hear her Godson's voice in the back of her mind, telling her to get up and get a move on. It made her laugh quietly, a grin lifting her features before she sat up straight again, checking her watch for the time.

Aluk should be starting the meeting soon...

She checked her pocket watch, relieved to find that she had some time to change and get to the Manor with enough time to spare. She wanted to be early, knowing that her friend would be nervous for this meeting. It was... different from the others. Much more grim, holding a feeling of grief that no one in town had quite gotten used to yet. It was hard to ignore the elephant in the room; Many of the townspeople were waiting on Aluk's next move. Watching for his decision to see if he is capable.

While Edith trusted him with her life, she knew it would take the others some convincing.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──​

The Archaeologist was pleasantly surprised to find that she was not the first to arrive. Seeing so many familiar faces in one room made her smile, despite the less than favorable circumstances. Once she snagged herself and Calian a drink and some snacks, she made her way over to the seat next to her Godson, leaning over to him once she was settled, "Wow, I knew this was serious, but it's weirdly quiet in here..." Her voice was low as she spoke, the older woman making a face before taking a bite of the croissant she picked out.

As the meeting picked up, Edith was thankful that she didn't have to speak much tonight. After reading and rereading texts written in different languages for a solid five hours, she was afraid that her words would simply come out like jumbled garbage. Instead, she let the rest of the town speak, unable to contain her huff of laughter at Lyria's "WHOOT, WHOOT!"

Despite her less than stellar behavior in the past, Edith had to admit that she was thankful for Lyria's cheery response in an otherwise tense and silent room. She was equally as thankful for Damaris' genuine inquiries.

Once her questions were answered, Edith decided to chime in, standing up, "I do not really have questions, however, I wanted to express how thankful I am to be a part of such a wonderful community." Her smile was warm and genuine as she pushed up her glasses, "Many of you moved here rather recently, and despite that, have shown kindness and support to each other that will never be unnoticed. So, thank you all. I am happy I get to work through this crisis with such a wonderful group." With a gentle nod, she took her seat once more, deciding to snack on her second croissant.

outfit:

tags:
Everyone, Calian

Gentle rainfall acted as a backdrop for Edith's studies for most of the day. Her time at home was filled with reading and translating faded texts from some tougher cases she ran into before the earthquake. The unfortunate truth was that she hadn't run into many new findings recently. With the town in disarray and in recovery, she couldn't seem to run into any insightful findings. Nor did she find her usual inspiration.

The familiar feeling of exhaustion compelled her to huff, letting herself slump backwards into her chair. Blonde hair disheveled, glasses slipping down her nose. Her brain was officially melted into nothingness, and all she was left with was a feeling of mental exhaustion. The kind that willed her to rub her eyes in an attempt to regain full coherent thinking.

She could almost hear her Godson's voice in the back of her mind, telling her to get up and get a move on. It made her laugh quietly, a grin lifting her features before she sat up straight again, checking her watch for the time.

Aluk should be starting the meeting soon...

She checked her pocket watch, relieved to find that she had some time to change and get to the Manor with enough time to spare. She wanted to be early, knowing that her friend would be nervous for this meeting. It was... different from the others. Much more grim, holding a feeling of grief that no one in town had quite gotten used to yet. It was hard to ignore the elephant in the room; Many of the townspeople were waiting on Aluk's next move. Watching for his decision to see if he is capable.

While Edith trusted him with her life, she knew it would take the others some convincing.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──​

The Archaeologist was pleasantly surprised to find that she was not the first to arrive. Seeing so many familiar faces in one room made her smile, despite the less than favorable circumstances. Once she snagged herself and Calian a drink and some snacks, she made her way over to the seat next to her Godson, leaning over to him once she was settled, "Wow, I knew this was serious, but it's weirdly quiet in here..." Her voice was low as she spoke, the older woman making a face before taking a bite of the croissant she picked out.

As the meeting picked up, Edith was thankful that she didn't have to speak much tonight. After reading and rereading texts written in different languages for a solid five hours, she was afraid that her words would simply come out like jumbled garbage. Instead, she let the rest of the town speak, unable to contain her huff of laughter at Lyria's "WHOOT, WHOOT!"

Despite her less than stellar behavior in the past, Edith had to admit that she was thankful for Lyria's cheery response in an otherwise tense and silent room. She was equally as thankful for Damaris' genuine inquiries.

Once her questions were answered, Edith decided to chime in, standing up, "I do not really have questions, however, I wanted to express how thankful I am to be a part of such a wonderful community." Her smile was warm and genuine as she pushed up her glasses, "Many of you moved here rather recently, and despite that, have shown kindness and support to each other that will never be unnoticed. So, thank you all. I am happy I get to work through this crisis with such a wonderful group." With a gentle nod, she took her seat once more, deciding to snack on her second croissant.

scroll

Seamstress

Karera

mood

Anxious

outfit

Simple black dress

Baron's Manor

interactions

interactions here

tags

tags here

"Oh my, what awful weather on an equally awful day."
Karera sighed, gazing out the fogged window of her room at the inn. Her usual elegance had all but vanished—her long red hair frizzed and tangled, her nails chipped, dress lightly torn, and dark circles settled under her eyes. She had been cooped up for who knows how long, mending clothes and totaling the costs of damages, obsessively calculating how much she needed to rebuild her shop. Had she even eaten or bathed since she arrived? She honestly couldn’t recall.

She had to work. She didn’t know what else to do. Her fingers had gone numb from hours of stitching what little remained of her inventory by hand. What was left besides this? Sitting here, mulling over her losses, slowly losing her mind? The thought of a letter from home—her mother’s concerned words, the subtle suggestions to give up and come home—made her stomach turn. Maybe Lyria wouldn’t mind if she started tossing unopened letters into the fire.

"Ouch!"
She felt the needle prick into her finger. A droplet of blood had fallen on the fabric before she could react. Karera pursed her lips together and tried to fight the oncoming headache.

Thing weren’t looking too good for her. But things weren’t too bad either. A small part of her thought it could have been worse. At least she had saved a few items from her store, but a few bolts of fabric and a beaten up sewing machine wasn't much compared to what she had built up over the course of 3 years.

Reluctantly, she set the tattered blouse aside and bandaged her finger. For a moment, she sat in silence, leaning back in her chair. She threw her head back, staring at the ceiling with a deep sigh.
"Heavens, how long has it been? Is it time for the town meeting? It was around 7 wasn’t it?”

With what little strength she had, Karera dragged herself to the small basin in the corner, splashing water on her face. She began freshening up—brushing out the tangles in her hair and applying just enough makeup to make herself look presentable. Foundation to mask the exhaustion under her eyes, a touch of blush for color, and a soft rose lipstick to cover her chapped lips.

The earthquake had shaken more than just her shop; it had shattered her spirit. And this cold weather was making her feel more somber than she ought to. She didn’t even want to go out but she knew it was only right for her to try. After all the Baron was doing his best after such a devastating event, who could have even predicted the earthquake?

“Of all the time’s it had to rain though.”
She clicked her tongue in annoyance before getting ready to attend the meeting. She couldn’t keep looking out the window in self-pity after all. Picking out clothes more suited to rainy weather, she strapped on a pair of leather boots, grabbed her umbrella and went outside.

┗━•❃°•°❀°•°❃°•°❀°•°❃•°•°❀°•°❃°•°❀°•°❃°•°❀°•°❃━┛

The walk to the Baron’s manor was short, and soon enough, she knocked on the door, greeted by the butler’s polite nod. Inside, a few people had already gathered, and a spread of food awaited them, though Karera had no appetite. She stood silently, listening to the Baron’s speech, half expecting more bad news. But when he spoke of repairs and clothing needs, a weight lifted from her shoulders.

For a moment, she felt almost silly for worrying so much. Of course, the town would help each other. This wasn’t the capital, where resources were scarce and people fought for survival. This was Trouvaille—a small, tight-knit community. She had nearly forgotten that in her panic.

Now, it was just a matter of how they could help each other recover. And Karera would do whatever she could to help. Even if she thought just repairing clothes wouldn’t be enough. It sound like the town desperately needed essentials.

'Clothing repairs... yes, I can handle that,'
she thought to herself, her mind already racing with ideas.
'Though, what else could I do to help? I’m no laborer. I can't swing an axe to save my life,'
Her fingers twitched nervously, and she hid her worry behind her trusty fan.

Just then, a joyful shout from Lyria snapped her out of her spiraling thoughts. She blinked, momentarily startled. Damaris added some practical advice, and Edith’s kind words echoed through the room, drawing out a small smile from Karera.

♡coded by uxie♡

A sigh felt as if it echoed through the empty kitchen. The brunette stood, glancing around at the space. After preparing some ingredients for future meals, he did a deep clean of the kitchen. In some ways, it helped keep his mind occupied. After all, it wasn’t often that he had free time these days. Though, a bunch of that was Evan’s own doing. It was simply just in his nature to help!

Evan closed his eyes, remembering when the disaster struck the small town.

Everything around them shook. Evan remembers standing there, unsure what to do. After all, how often does a huge earthquake hit? He couldn’t even react at first until a mug fell off the counter and shattered. He instantly snapped back to reality, grabbing his daughter and hiding under the table. It was the only cover that was close by. He hunched over her, terrified that something could fall onto the table and hurt Liliana. The two of them were having such a lovely visit, but now hid terrified for their lives.

Tears prickled in his eyes, holding his daughter close. It didn’t help hearing the screams and yelling coming from the town around them. Once he was certain the aftershocks stopped, the two of them crawled back out. Several items had fallen off shelves, counters, and more. Yet, Evan couldn’t find himself caring as long as the two of them were safe. He picked up his daughter's shaking body, quickly moving to go outside. He could remember talking yet not what words were actually said. Probably something grounding as he saw even more disaster outside.

Even his cottage had damage but nothing compared to what he saw around him. Evan could see other people's livelihoods destroyed in a matter of minutes, possibly even in seconds.

The ding of the oven timer snapped Evan back to the present time. Now, that was a season ago and then the aftermath began for the entire town. After he was able to, he sent Liliana back with her mother knowing that it was safer for now.

The cook took the bread out of the oven, leaving it to cool on a small rack. He wanted to get ahead of some of the preparations. He had even more people to feed now since they were out of their homes, so the Inn’s kitchen had become a second home. He wanted to try and meet everyone's schedules the best he could, however, the cost was his own. Everyone deserved a home-cooked meal and a return to some normalcy in some sense, it was the least he could do. He glanced at the clock, cursing under his breath. He would still make it to the town meeting on time, but the bread took a little longer than he had expected. Evan took off his apron and quickly did his best to wash the flour off of him, though he was sure some still lingered.

Evan turned off the appliances before grabbing his journal and briskly walking to the Baron’s Manor. Once arriving, he took his seat quietly by the door. He gave those around him a small smile before focusing forward on Aluk’s voice. He considered the roles available to the town. Easily, Evan could easily assist with the Food and Supply Team. He took down a note to take inventory of the kitchen when he returned. It was better to at the very least pool their resources. However, he could also fit any other role he was needed in. Except building, that was where he struggled a bit. He also didn't really care to have anyone fall through a chair he made, they’ve been through enough.

A gentle smile came back to his face at the mention of gaming nights returning. He was sure everyone could use some little wins in these trying times. While the cook didn’t have any comments of his own at this time, he listened closely to others.

The Cook

Evan.

• filler tab!

♡coded by uxie♡

9XVm7pM.png

◞ cross*: ☩
the mail carrier

Sunrise in Trouvaille was Cross's favorite time of the day. He was up before dawn but by the time he noticed the sky, the sun already emerged fully, but today started with a good sign. Cross's mailbag prepped quickly and the sunrise welcomed him with the brightest colors. Morning mail was easy with the limits being within the town but Cross wasn't concerned about that part of his job. The special requests and shipments would hit Cross soon enough and it was good for him to start a good routine with the best parts of his job.

He chanced wearing his fall and winter uniform for the first time this year and the rain trickling down Cross's umbrella made it a good call. His boots became muddy and caked over before the sun met the highest point in the sky, and he spent his lunch washing the bottoms of his favorite shoe before making himself a small sandwich. Peanut butter on toasted white bread. Honey drizzled over. A simple meal but a nostalgic one his mom always made for him. Cross was going to rate today a 9/10. It would be a 10/10 if his dad was here.

After delivering morning mail, Cross should be sorting out incoming and outgoing mail requests, but the earthquake damages still hindered the movement of larger mail. Things were piling up after a season, and Cross could only imagine how large the pile was on the other side. He and his dad were a bit lucky with the disaster. The family house was out on the Eastern Road near the bridge out to the city, and stood rather strong against the shake. A few broken nice plates to clean up after didn't compare to the displacement of other villagers Cross all knew and cared about.

One of the first places fixed in town was the Post Office. It's an important part of the community after all, and Cross and his father, Basil, worked hard with Aluk to get it running as quickly as possible. While Cross worked the daily routine, Basil was considerate enough to ask around if other villagers needed to contact family and friends outside of town. When he got those letters all together, he left in the middle of the night to give Cross this opportunity to prove himself, to himself.

So by the sun setting, Cross changed out of his olive green uniform and replaced it with a plain white crew neck t-shirt and a pair of light washed jeans. His matching denim jacket held cute stickers the kids in town gifted him in exchange for their parents' mail. He knew all the spots water pooled together in town, letting his sneaker stay dry by the time he reached the manor for the town meeting. He was early but decided to stand in the back wall. His height even sitting down could be annoying so it was more considerate for him to watch from afar. His arms crossed and he leaned against the wall. Maybe this was a bit too comfortable as Cross could feel his eyes growing heavy as Aluk started to explain the restoration plans... It's been a long day after all...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back