• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy ~ FableWood

Okay, so this is the game plan. But first, some backstory that I made up about an hour ago and developed while driving somewhere. Um, prepare yourself for feels by the way...

The larger than normal werewolf guarding the chalice is Luness' father, Bigby. He also is the big, bad wolf from the fable, Little Red Riding Hood. Years ago, Bigby fell in love with Larassa, Luness' mother. When Larassa realized she was pregnant, she fled from Bigby's pack, terrified of how Bigby would react if she gave birth to a werecat. You see, Bigby hates cats more than anything. Yet, he'd fallen in love with Larassa because she had never shifted when he was around. She had absolute control over her emotions and so she wouldn't shift into a cat if angered or anything. She basically feigned being a werewolf all those years. Still, she knew that Bigby would bring harm to her child if she ended up being a werecat.

Thus, Larassa joined up with another pack until she knew it was time. This pack was where Alta met Larassa. Larassa then went to a desolate meadow, away from prying eyes to give birth. Raising Luness on her own, the two lived in peace until Luness was five years old.

Then Bigby finally found the pair. No words could describe how furious he was with Larassa for taking his child away from him, but his fury doubled when he realized that Luness was a werecat of all things. While a packmember held Luness down, Bigby killed Larassa right in front of Luness. Bigby then left the area, leaving it to his packmembers to end Luness' life.

Starting a game of cat and mouse, the packmembers let Luness think she was escaping and then continuosly attacked her until she could no longer run or even walk. Yet, before any of them could deal a killing blow, Bigby howled for help in the distance and they all left Luness to die, assuming she wouldn't make it.

Due to having the genes of Bigby though, she managed to recover despite being scarred for life both physically and emotionally. Against all odds, Luness managed to survive, but she was basically broken on the inside after what had happened. Living on her own, Luness made a new home in the dark forests, constantly moving to prevent her father and his pack from ever finding her.

Now, back to the current times, Bigby is the one defending the chalice. I'll leave it as a mystery for now as to how he happened to be the guardian of the chalice. My game plan though is that Luness will first tackle Bigby away from Alexander and Anya to protect them. She won't know right away that the guardian werewolf is her father though. She dimly remembers what he even looks like as it is.

Fighting will ensue, blah blah, and ultimately both Bigby and Luness will end up being bloody and physically broken in more than one place. At this point, well, Luness will confront Bigby, who will be too hurt at this point to continue fighting. I'll leave the confrontation and what comes next to be played out in the roleplay though. :)

Sweet! Love the backstory. Im going to label this as part of the climax of the Winter chapter.

This whole thing is like a story in my head. Your character now has signifigantly more depth than i anticipated so im excited to see the unfolding.

Oh. Luness and Elena. Think they will always clash or just not click, or do you think their intense moodiness and angst could make them friends at some point?

I feel like the two of them wouldn't click, but respect each other. Like, "hey I know we had an argument about bees yesterday but I thought you'd like to know this information about the show you watch."

I have no idea on current relationships in all honesty. Luness is mostly a closed door with thousands of locks on it after everything that has happened to her. She's a hard one to get along with unless she's willing to let you in her personal life. And she's rarely willing to do such a thing.

Same. Elena was suicidal before she arrived with a suicidal mother who had abusive tendencies and abusive boyfriends. My idea for her was the past isnt mentioned and as long as you're happy or at least pretending, shes happy. I can see a lack of clicking but healthy respect if my chara doesnt hate yours for not playing the "we are both happy" game and yours hating mine for being an untrustworthy human.

Luness doesn't generally trust anyone. She pushes everyone away for fear that her father will magically appear again with his pack and kill those close to her. I gotta tell ya, Luness has quite the extensive list of phobias. :')

Also, Luness doesn't bother to even pretend she's happy. Hence why she normally has an expressionless look on her face. She mostly just expresses her anger and sadness.

Ah. Elena cant express much sadness and she has a great lack of phobia to the point of seeming irrational. Except small confined spaces. They seem sort of opposite.

I see the two clashing more than anything, honestly. ^^;

Its all good! You seem cool. Anyways sometimes characters in rps who dont get along make better stories than overy friendly ones when its not quite fitting for the characters

*shrugs* I try. :P And yeah, conflict always makes for a good story. ^^ Also, I went ahead and posted a part of Luness and her father's clash.

@Jecklyn @zCrookedz Please read my game plan before continuing this interaction if you haven't already. Thanks. ^^

And I modified mine to work with the flow regardless. Just gunna pretend you came in after the recent skirmish between the werewolf and Luness after Quincy's intervention.

No, just miss the werewolf and we'll be good to go. :P

Aww I missed all of the fun, because I was flying but I suppose your plan was 10x better than the plan i had thought up! Haha. Jeeze, I'm just missing all of my cues!

I now read all of that. I can honestly say I love you guys. I have never met a more interesting bunch of characters and imaginative peeps. You rock!

Also I would like to get more back story on Elena and the others. We should work to that. :3 @Bea Delaine

@Lioness075 Back story is fantastic. I welled up just reading it. Can't wait! Though I'll be late (again) this evening, hence making Ward unconscious.

Someone can powerplay Leia if necessary. This week IRL has been crazy.

Btw what do we do with the chalice? I know we need to restore it but after that we just leave it here or get it as a trophy or something?

Also when we return to the main city... you want it to be under siege and in dire straits? Because peaceful cities are boring? :D

DawnAntalios said:
Btw what do we do with the chalice? I know we need to restore it but after that we just leave it here or get it as a trophy or something?
Also when we return to the main city... you want it to be under siege and in dire straits? Because peaceful cities are boring? :D
The snow queen will come back and take it. I was thinking of having our chars recover in SnowHaven and go back to the middle of a siege in Branbern. You're right, more fun.

[QUOTE="Bea Delaine]the difficulty with building up my own characterrs backstory is its irrelevance to the plot.. :/

[/QUOTE]
Said all the human characters :P I don't think anyone's backstory is related to the underlying plot of FableWood. But it is crucial for developing the characters which are of equal importance. Wouldn't you agree? We'll find reasons for relevance one character at a time.

Toats should not be on my phone rn ^^' but I feel compelled to be a good thread master.

A characters backstory should be just a starting point from where they develop. And, of course, certain actions of their are based on their past experience but that is why I love rp: you always change, always flow like a river. That is the best part.

I definitely agree. It's just difficult to develop a character without any purpose. When I find the right moment, Elena will be built up as a character. Just for now, I'm waiting for a slow part of the plot to build off of. And I'm on my phone. Haha

On a side note, I just took the one final exam I had and definitely feel like I aced it with ease.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back