Elder World

Jessica had collected all the vines she could find and it was a pretty decent amount. She looked down and finally noticed how highs he truly was. She took in a shaky breath and looked around her for an easy way down. Finding none, she thought for a moment then took one of the thicker vines that she was sure could support her weight and wrapped it around the branch she was standing on. Taking a deep breath she grabbed hold of the vine and jumped off the branch. As soon as her feet were in the air a feeling of exhilaration filled her and she yelled out "Woohoo!" With a large smile on her face As she swung around the tree, lowering toward the ground with each time she circled it.

Eve did not care to introduce herself,because it was time for her to do a little practice and training.She set her blade and book down against a tree,and started to do some martial arts.She would switch from a different martial arts every few minutes,"Hu!"Her voiced boomed through the clearing,as she snapped her punches and kicks.

Raven heard Jessica yell and smiled. 'So she has that kind of side to her, too,' he thought. 'That's good.'

"..I could tell .. but yea althoguh my parents had a teribble fate that i whised i could have changed." She put the rest of the meat in there along with a few good berries she found.

"..Its fine it's better to leave it in the past. but im fine with the basket thanks for the offer." Her smile came back as she grabbed hold of the basket.

"Let's head back," Raven said as he placed his bow back on his back and started toward the campsite. "I'm sure they're all starving!"

Jessica laughed all the rest of the way down from the tree branch. Once she reached the ground she made sure she had all the vines she had collected with her then Jessica looked up at the vine that was still tied to the tree and bite her lip thoughtfully. She had no idea how to get that down, she could always leave it but it was a very good vine for them to be able to use and the others might not appreciate her leaving it behind. She couldn't think of any way to get it all down so she settled with simply taking some of it. She pulled one of her katanas out from where it was tied to her back. She then jumped up and sliced the thick vine in one smooth motion in mid-air. She landed back on the ground and picked up the vine then wrapped it across her chest with the others she collected. She sighed and looked around, trying to remember the way she came.

On the way back to camp, Raven spotted Jessica with several vines wrapped around her, looking a little confused. "Hey! Did you get lost?" he asked, trying to get her attention.

She followed behind him looking at the meat they caught. From time to time while they walked she would look around for anything else they could eat. When she stoped she looked to her left and found a peach tree. " oh my god"

Jessica jumps at the sudden sound of a voice and she quickly turns around, bracing herself but then relaxes when she notices it's simply Raven and someone else. "O-oh, um... Yeah I-I guess I kind of d-did..." She smiles a little bit and rubs one of her arms shyly.

Raven glanced back, seeing that Tier had found a peach tree. "Wait just a minute, and we'll get you back," he told Jessica.

She put the basket down smiling. " Th..this is rare ..a peach tree in a pine forest....". She turned to raven giving him a childish smile. "R..raven we have to get them."

"You want 'em, you got 'em!" Raven said as he created a strong wind, knocking down several peaches. "Tier, catch 'em!"

Jessica nodded then looked behind him to Tier curiously. She then walked over to where they were to see what it was. "W-what did you find?"

She smiled as she lunged for them. She caught two with her hands , one in her mouth and three on top of her head. She landed softly to the ground putting them in the basket then looking back at him. Her smile grew bigger.

Raven smiled back. "Nice catching!" He then leapt up and grabbed one more peach from the tree. When he landed, he gently tossed the peach to Jessica. "For you," he said. "Wild peaches are pretty rare around here."

She was still stuck in her child mode as she twirled around the basket smiling. She would add small jumps to her steps as she moved around the basket without tripping or stepping on it.

Jessica jumped, startled, and caught the small object Raven threw to her. Once she had it she looked at it and realized it was a peach. She smiled and looked up at him thankfully. "Th-thank you." She then looked over at Tier and giggled softly at her behavior, she was acting like a child and it was very amusing to see.

"You're welcome," he said. Raven chuckled as he watched Tier. "Somehow, it's kinda refreshing seeing a person like that. Don't you think so?"

Jessica chuckled quietly and nodded, also watching her but still paying attention to Raven. "Yeah, y-you don't see people that happy very often. Or at least I haven't."

She stopped looking back at them as she picks up the basket. " My father always said to look forward to the good and enjoy the little things..thats when you can find that one bit of happiness...but it can only last for so long" .

"Yeah, me neither," Raven said, placing his hands behind his head. "These are tough times; you're not safe unless you carry some sort of weapon. By the way, I thought I heard you yelling in delight earlier," he mentioned. "What were you up to?"

Jessica looked over at Tiel and smiled a bit. "You-your dad sounds like a p-pretty smart man." She then looks over to Raven surprisedly and blushes slightly at his question, she had thought, well hoped, that no one had heard that... "O-oh, um.. After I collected these vines I-um, I had to swing down the tree using one of them... and uh, it-it was pretty fun..." she scratched the back of her neck and looked away, embarrassed by her actions.

"That does sound fun," Raven said as he looked up at some of the vines. He then scaled a tree and grabbed a hold of one of them before stepping off the branch and swinging down. "Yeah! Whoo!" he yelled before letting go and landing on the ground, laughing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back