• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Elder Tale RP (Log Horizon) - Notes

If not that, then there would be the idea of gaining information about enemy AI and how things worked this time around in Elder Tale. But with Vaid arriving, everything has changed in the way enemy AI works (If he gets a hand on it).

[QUOTE="Ginko The Mushishi]Yeah, Mairi has a crystal though the thing is the barrier can't be complete unless the crystal within the minotaur is retrieved as well. It's kinda like a dual quest if you will. Though I believe we all spoke of this before, Mairi will be able to create the crystal and use it on the barrier but the quest cannot be complete without two crystals present. Hence is why Group A is going out to retrieve the other crystal. Though neither parties knew that they needed the other.

[/QUOTE]
But why? If they need another crystal, then they can instantly get another one the same way Mairi got hers. If the crystal is special because of the lava minotaur, then how would Alistair know it was there if Vaid summoned it?

Thesmashbro said:
But why? If they need another crystal, then they can instantly get another one the same way Mairi got hers. If the crystal is special because of the lava minotaur, then how would Alistair know it was there if Vaid summoned it?
The key here is, Alistair didn't know what was going to happen, he didn't know that Mairi could make a crystal either. Which gives everyone an idea that Elder Tale as they used to know it, is no more. Mairi just helped pin point an important part, similar to the show. Except she didn't cook, she created a crystal through the means of her alchemy sub-class. As for the quest, naturally they were supposed to go to the cave, Vaid basically has control of the Elder Tale world in his hands and created the quest as a means to test the players. The crystal he will let Alistair have is what is needed to complete Mairi's crystal. The quest states there was a boss monster, but upon arrival, Alistair noticed there was no boss signal/symbol in the room present. Only Vaid, until Vaid created that monster there was no boss. Alistair notices things didn't match up with the quest when they all arrived in the said to be boss zone. Until Vaid did summon that monstahhh.

I hope I basically explained it to ya, I'm not that good at it and the long paragraph of information still might make you confused, but I'll answer any more questions needed!

Edit: Let's say that Mairi has a pure crystal, but the other one needed is an impure crystal which is what the corrupted minotaur has. With both crystals it completes the quest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mairi didn't create the crystal; she bought it on the player market/trading post/whatever it's called here. She crafted a philosopher's stone, which is a powerful item that is in most games with an alchemy skill. She made that in case the device powering the force field wouldn't accept the crystal, in which case she would use the philosopher's stone to recharge the crystal that's already there.

Unryu's overskill will be Super Saiyan Stance. It's official. He will look like a super werewolf because he is a wolffang.

This is all coming together so neatly from just a fun little reference.

@Ginko The Mushishi I'm making this a thing, hope you don't mind haha. xD

Thesmashbro said:
Mairi didn't create the crystal; she bought it on the player market/trading post/whatever it's called here. She crafted a philosopher's stone, which is a powerful item that is in most games with an alchemy skill. She made that in case the device powering the force field wouldn't accept the crystal, in which case she would use the philosopher's stone to recharge the crystal that's already there.
Ohh..I see, I thought she did make it. I guess I mixed it up with the philosopher's stone then. Though I will say crafting the philosopher's stone still brings me back to the crafting of items, etc etc. As for the quest itself, naturally it was to be Group A going to retrieve a crystal, the completed crystal lets say. But since I was planning on Vaid, our glitchy, dark powered friend on being the villain for this arc and being able to control the world and what happens in it, I planned on Vaid only giving the Group the impure crystal, in which the flavor text would state they need the pure crystal to heal the barrier's damaged state.

I didn't tell this to anyone, and sadly that's my fault on this part, because I thought it was okay for both parties to do their own thing, meet up and fuse the power between both crystals. Everyone seemed fine with it when we were going through that. I'm sorry for the confusion!

Chayliel said:
Unryu's overskill will be Super Saiyan Stance. It's official. He will look like a super werewolf because he is a wolffang.
This is all coming together so neatly from just a fun little reference.

@Ginko The Mushishi I'm making this a thing, hope you don't mind haha. xD
As long as it's not insanely OP and stops anything in just one shot, I'm fine with it. Maybe a speed and damage buff can be associated with it.

*Cough cough* @Shineko and I worked out his sigilmancer sub-class so it couldn't be OP as well.

[QUOTE="Ginko The Mushishi]Ohh..I see, I thought she did make it. I guess I mixed it up with the philosopher's stone then. Though I will say crafting the philosopher's stone still brings me back to the crafting of items, etc etc. As for the quest itself, naturally it was to be Group A going to retrieve a crystal, the completed crystal lets say. But since I was planning on Vaid, our glitchy, dark powered friend on being the villain for this arc and being able to control the world and what happens in it, I planned on Vaid only giving the Group the impure crystal, in which the flavor text would state they need the pure crystal to heal the barrier's damaged state.
I didn't tell this to anyone, and sadly that's my fault on this part, because I thought it was okay for both parties to do their own thing, meet up and fuse the power between both crystals. Everyone seemed fine with it when we were going through that. I'm sorry for the confusion!

[/QUOTE]
Honestly, that only makes my post with Mairi make even more sense since she thought to craft a philosopher's stone after reading the description of the crystal that she got. Since she wouldn't know that two crystals could form a pure one, she would decide that it would be easier to try to power up the crystal that was already there.

Oh Yea Yea haha. I was probably going to make it a toggle skill. Drains mana but raises health regen, damage, speed, and lowers cooldowns. Something like that.

Thesmashbro said:
Honestly, that only makes my post with Mairi make even more sense since she thought to craft a philosopher's stone after reading the description of the crystal that she got. Since she wouldn't know that two crystals could form a pure one, she would decide that it would be easier to try to power up the crystal that was already there.
Yeah, but I don't think there was a crystal in the show was there? o-o I actually don't remember I got past

The Akihabara raid already.

I was planning on them to just come together and fuse their crystals, and allow the barrier to absorb the completed crystal. There actually isn't an older crystal, if there was it probably would be gone by now. She can though use the philosopher stone to make the completed crystal stronger, so as to make sure the crystal won't die out again! (By Vaid's hand)

[QUOTE="Ginko The Mushishi]
Yeah, but I don't think there was a crystal in the show was there? o-o I actually don't remember I got past

The Akihabara raid already.

I was planning on them to just come together and fuse their crystals, and allow the barrier to absorb the completed crystal. There actually isn't an older crystal, if there was it probably would be gone by now. She can though use the philosopher stone to make the completed crystal stronger, so as to make sure the crystal won't die out again! (By Vaid's hand)

But if that's the case, then can't the barrier just absorb the philosopher's stone?
[/QUOTE]

Thesmashbro said:
But if that's the case, then can't the barrier just absorb the philosopher's stone?
The philosopher's stone isn't the crystal though, it can boost the power of the crystal itself but just using the philosopher's stone isn't the necessary or required item for the quest on repairing the barrier. The required item would be the completed crystal, the fusing of both the impure and the pure crystal. If Mairi does though boost the power of the completed crystal with the philosopher's stone, then they won't have to worry about it breaking down at all really.

If you wouldn't mind, I was going to make Unryu have a few Overskills. I was planning on making new stances and maybe a couple Naruto/Dragonball esque attacks. We can talk more about that in PM though, right? If you don't mind.

Chayliel said:
If you wouldn't mind, I was going to make Unryu have a few Overskills. I was planning on making new stances and maybe a couple Naruto/Dragonball esque attacks. We can talk more about that in PM though, right? If you don't mind.
Yes we can I'm sure, buuutt I'm unsure if you can have multiple overskills . If I'm correct I don't think there are multiple overskills for just one person in the show, right @Thesmashbro ?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Thesmashbro[/URL] ?

O K. I'm still not too far. I just know what overskills are.

But maybe, while he is in Super Saiyan Wolf, he can use a few different skills. Basically just a more "feral" type of the actual monk skills.

Chayliel said:
O K. I'm still not too far. I just know what overskills are.
But maybe, while he is in Super Saiyan Wolf, he can use a few different skills. Basically just a more "feral" type of the actual monk skills.
We can work it out in PM :D

Speaking of overskills, would it be all right if we did a small timeskip after this arc? Maybe to the part where Alistair has created some form of government in Akiba and has formed the round table? It would give me a good chance to introduce my other two characters.

Due to the limitation of nature of overskills and the difficulty in which it took to obtain one, no one had more than one. Because of that, you get the sense that you can only have one but it never specifically said a player was limited to only 1 overskill.

Thesmashbro said:
Speaking of overskills, would it be all right if we did a small timeskip after this arc? Maybe to the part where Alistair has created some form of government in Akiba and has formed the round table? It would give me a good chance to introduce my other two characters.
Yeah, I actually was planning on, after this quest to still have a time skip to where the government was formed. We'll still be in the Arc, but the government is already formed and blah blah blah overskills blah blah blah blah etc. , though as for your two characters you can introduce them after the barrier is restored.

Shineko said:
Due to the limitation of nature of overskills and the difficulty in which it took to obtain one, no one had more than one. Because of that, you get the sense that you can only have one but it never specifically said a player was limited to only 1 overskill.
( @Shineko )SHINEKO! I've been meaning to ask, is Shineko going to join the guild? Or do you still need time?

@Thesmashbro I was wondering, is Reynald like a bro to Alistair? I feel like they have a close friendship really. Also I have something to ask you, which might interest you concerning Reynald. And for every character if they so desire to do it too.

@Thesmashbro[/URL] I was wondering, is Reynald like a bro to Alistair? I feel like they have a close friendship really. Also I have something to ask you, which might interest you concerning Reynald. And for every character if they so desire to do it too.
If you want them to be literal brothers, then that's fine. From the start I decided that Reynald would have been in this universe's equivalent of the Debauchery Tea Party, so I had Reynald act really friendly to Alistair.

So was that the question?

Thesmashbro said:
Great. I plan on Elias being the leader of Grand Ember, thus being one of the members of the round table alliance.
If you want them to be literal brothers, then that's fine. From the start I decided that Reynald would have been in this universe's equivalent of the Debauchery Tea Party, so I had Reynald act really friendly to Alistair.

So was that the question?
No...But I think that would be awesome.

What I wanna ask is...How do you feel about...

COMBINATION ATTACKS!!!!!

*Explosions, poses*

REYNALD USING ONE OF HIS ATTACKS.

*MORE EXPLOSIONS, POSES AGAIN*

ALISTAIR USING AN ATTACK.

*EXPLOSIONS GALORE*

AND REYNALD'S ATTACK COMBINES WITH ALISTAIR'S TO CREATE A SUPER DAMAGING AWESOME LOOKING MOVE OF AMAZINGNESS!!?!?!?!

@Ginko The Mushishi

Only time will tell with Shineko. Shineko is trying to figure out Alistair and decide if Alistair is someone he can decide to follow. While many characters may not have an issue with this decision because they always think they can leave later, Shineko has a personality quirk of his own that once he decides he will follow you that he will do so regardless after that decision unless something major happens to force him to make a hard choice between breaking away and continuing to follow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back