• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Dragon's Roar 2: The Destruction of Fate ( Finished )

CelticSol said:
(!) Arcadia's lips purse, and she swallows as she tries to think. Slowly, she pulls out her dagger, then grabs two small pebbles from her back pocket, holding them in her palm and staring at them with almost uncertain eyes, then she takes a breath to steady herself, and turns to Isabel with a startlingly fast movement, taking Isabel's hands and forcing her to hold them between both her palms. She looks up to Isabel, tears welled up in her eyes, "Thank you. For everything." Without another word, she activates the enchantments on the rock, with the first locking away enough of magic that she wouldn't be able to teleport back to their location, and the other activates and apparates her to Arcadia's room, dropping her right beside an identical rock.
When Isabel is gone, Arcadia turns to Bruce, her face a blank poker face. "You say you're not afraid to die? Well, neither am I," She holds the dagger in a reverse grip, fishing out more pebbles out of her pocket and holding them between all her fingers. Taking one rock, she throws it's at his feet, and with a 3 second delay, it explodes like a very tiny, compact grenade.
( NO! NO YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME! OH GOD HOW COULD YOU! NO! )

Isabel looks around and picks up the rock frantically. "No! This can't be happening!" Darks red eye was visible in Origin's left eye. Her voice was coming out. "Isabel, what the Fuck?! Go back for her! Save Arcadia! I don't care what it takes fucking save her!"

Origin was quite shocked on how Dark was connected to her again. "I-I can't! She's sealed off my mana! She's at the open field in the mortal realm. The place where we train!" With that Dark seemed to cut off. Isabel regrets telling her where she is, knowing Dark would only show up when it's far too late.

Light said:
Royal bites her lip, this is an incredibly bad situation. To be mentally conditioned to think of yourself as disposable is horrible. It killed Royal on the inside. They had to get to the table though. "Layla, if it's possible. Could Simi stay with me until her problem is solved? Please, I can't let this go on. I'll keep trying no matter how long it takes!" Royal looks up at Layla with determined eyes, she's not the type to argue but if Layla denies this she'll try to ask once more. She's surprising herself since she usually never makes requests of this level from Layla. Mainly because of fear.
Layla frowns, "You're making false assumptions, Isabel. Such as the preconception that Simi is a child. It's a strange situation, and she has physicality and mentality of a child, but Simi is intelligent and you can't simply adopt her because you think she's some stray who needs a loving home," Layla frowns more deeply, "And I'm not her owner. Don't ask me whether or not she can stay with you, that is her will and her choice alone. She's not an animal, she can make her own decisions."

CelticSol said:
Layla frowns, "You're making false assumptions, Isabel. Such as the preconception that Simi is a child. It's a strange situation, and she has physicality and mentality of a child, but Simi is intelligent and you can't simply adopt her because you think she's some stray who needs a loving home," Layla frowns more deeply, "And I'm not her owner. Don't ask me whether or not she can stay with you, that is her will and her choice alone. She's not an animal, she can make her own decisions."
Royal nods her head and bites her lower lip. Ashamed of herself, unable to meet Layla's eyes. She can't bring herself to look into Simi's eyes as well. She was right, Royal couldn't ask Layla. Royal finally gets herself to look up in Simi's eyes. "I'm so sorry. I didn't ask you first. You should've been the very first person I asked. This is completely your own decision, not mine or Layla's. I apologize for my ignorance. I hope you can bring yourself to forgive me."

CelticSol said:
(!) Arcadia's lips purse, and she swallows as she tries to think. Slowly, she pulls out her dagger, then grabs two small pebbles from her back pocket, holding them in her palm and staring at them with almost uncertain eyes, then she takes a breath to steady herself, and turns to Isabel with a startlingly fast movement, taking Isabel's hands and forcing her to hold them between both her palms. She looks up to Isabel, tears welled up in her eyes, "Thank you. For everything." Without another word, she activates the enchantments on the rock, with the first locking away enough of magic that she wouldn't be able to teleport back to their location, and the other activates and apparates her to Arcadia's room, dropping her right beside an identical rock.
When Isabel is gone, Arcadia turns to Bruce, her face a blank poker face. "You say you're not afraid to die? Well, neither am I," She holds the dagger in a reverse grip, fishing out more pebbles out of her pocket and holding them between all her fingers. Taking one rock, she throws it's at his feet, and with a 3 second delay, it explodes like a very tiny, compact grenade.
During that three second delay it took for the grenade to go off, Bruce was able to put his arm in front of his face and curl enough so that the explosion would not hit either his face or his injury. The grenade still caused further damage to him and sent him flying back about ten feet but it didn't cause nearly as much damage as it could've. Bruce managed to slowly stand up, his body shaking. "You've... sealed your fate..." his arm slowly came down, the ki now aimed directly at Arcadia, Bruce yelling out "DIE!!".... Except nothing happened, something, or someone, was holding him back from attacking Arcadia. The malicious look that he'd been sporting vanished, replaced by one of strain. "You guys... forgot to ask... me... if I was okay... with dying..." the original Bruce was back, well more like he was able to fight back against Nega-Bruce a little bit. Just enough to start releasing the ki blast in small doses into the sky instead of at Arcadia.

Afrobrony said:
During that three second delay it took for the grenade to go off, Bruce was able to put his arm in front of his face and curl enough so that the explosion would not hit either his face or his injury. The grenade still caused further damage to him and sent him flying back about ten feet but it didn't cause nearly as much damage as it could've. Bruce managed to slowly stand up, his body shaking. "You've... sealed your fate..." his arm slowly came down, the ki now aimed directly at Arcadia, Bruce yelling out "DIE!!".... Except nothing happened, something, or someone, was holding him back from attacking Arcadia. The malicious look that he'd been sporting vanished, replaced by one of strain. "You guys... forgot to ask... me... if I was okay... with dying..." the original Bruce was back, well more like he was able to fight back against Nega-Bruce a little bit. Just enough to start releasing the ki blast in small doses into the sky instead of at Arcadia.
Arcadia had braced herself for death, covering her head with her arms in some vain attempt to protect herself, but when nothing happened, she peers through her arms curiously. At Bruce's words, she grinned wide, breathing out a sigh of relief. She came towards him, still being careful about keeping distance from him. "Bruce, I know some pressure points that might be able to block your ki. Can you hold off this..." She waves her hand around, searching for the right phrase to use, "...other version of you while I strike them?"

Light said:
Royal nods her head and bites her lower lip. Ashamed of herself, unable to meet Layla's eyes. She can't bring herself to look into Simi's eyes as well. She was right, Royal couldn't ask Layla. Royal finally gets herself to look up in Simi's eyes. "I'm so sorry. I didn't ask you first. You should've been the very first person I asked. This is completely your own decision, not mine or Layla's. I apologize for my ignorance. I hope you can bring yourself to forgive me."
(Simi walked away but let's pretend that didn't happen, lmao. I forgot to put the translation, but Domina is Latin for Mistress/Lady. Dominae, if I've used it yet, is the possessive. (i.e: Dominae = The Lady's, Mistress', Isabel's, etc.))

Simi doesn't look at Isabel while she thinks it through, muttering too quietly for her translator to speak the English translation. Finally coming to some conclusion, she scratches at her hand, looking anywhere but Isabel's eyes. "Simi doesn't understand why the Domina wants her to change. Is there something wrong with the Simi? Why is the Domina upset if Simi has done nothing wrong?"

CelticSol said:
Arcadia had braced herself for death, covering her head with her arms in some vain attempt to protect herself, but when nothing happened, she peers through her arms curiously. At Bruce's words, she grinned wide, breathing out a sigh of relief. She came towards him, still being careful about keeping distance from him. "Bruce, I know some pressure points that might be able to block your ki. Can you hold off this..." She waves her hand around, searching for the right phrase to use, "...other version of you while I strike them?"
(Simi walked away but let's pretend that didn't happen, lmao. I forgot to put the translation, but Domina is Latin for Mistress/Lady. Dominae, if I've used it yet, is the possessive. (i.e: Dominae = The Lady's, Mistress', Isabel's, etc.))

Simi doesn't look at Isabel while she thinks it through, muttering too quietly for her translator to speak the English translation. Finally coming to some conclusion, she scratches at her hand, looking anywhere but Isabel's eyes. "Simi doesn't understand why the Domina wants her to change. Is there something wrong with the Simi? Why is the Domina upset if Simi has done nothing wrong?"
"As much as I hate it... when people do that... I don't see any other way," it was obvious Bruce was still struggling with himself. "He'll stay back... without my body being able... to channel... Grr! Just hurry up and do it!" Back within Bruce's mind, the two versions of him were engaged in an epic battle, each without the limitations of a physical body. They were able to fly around, produce any kind of attack they wanted, the only way to win was to have the stronger will... and Nega-Bruce was winning.

CelticSol said:

"Well you seem to think of yourself as disposable. I don't want you to think of yourself that way nor do I want you to actually be disposable. Even though I've just met you. You mean much more to me than something that's disposable. So no you haven't done anything wrong. I just want to spend some time with you to bring out your self value and great qualities. You know... have fun, fight battles together, eat together at times." Royal gestures at the table she invited Simi to sit at. "I'm upset because an outstanding person thinks she's disposable when she means so much more to the world then that. But this is all up to you." Royal reaches out to Simi.

Dark couldn't make a portal that would specifically take her to wherever she pleases. She had to make due with wherever the standard one sent her. She was flying through the skies of the mortal realm extremely fast. Almost to the point in which her exoskeleton would break off. She didn't even notice the army marching across the realm. Since she was so high up and was completely focused on one thing.

Light said:
"Well you seem to think of yourself as disposable. I don't want you to think of yourself that way nor do I want you to actually be disposable. Even though I've just met you. You mean much more to me than something that's disposable. So no you haven't done anything wrong. I just want to spend some time with you to bring out your self value and great qualities. You know... have fun, fight battles together, eat together at times." Royal gestures at the table she invited Simi to sit at. "I'm upset because an outstanding person thinks she's disposable when she means so much more to the world then that. But this is all up to you." Royal reaches out to Simi.
"You know little of Simi," Simi comments, and though she takes Royal's hand, it seems hesitant and borderline unwilling, "However, Simi will accompany you."

Afrobrony said:
"As much as I hate it... when people do that... I don't see any other way," it was obvious Bruce was still struggling with himself. "He'll stay back... without my body being able... to channel... Grr! Just hurry up and do it!" Back within Bruce's mind, the two versions of him were engaged in an epic battle, each without the limitations of a physical body. They were able to fly around, produce any kind of attack they wanted, the only way to win was to have the stronger will... and Nega-Bruce was winning.
Arcadia spins around to be at Bruce's back, and with needle point precision, she strikes seven points along the length of his spine. Bruce can feel his ki block off, and as she hits two around each shoulder blade, his ki is blocked off completely. Arcadia steps back far enough that, if this other Bruce resurfaced, she would be able to at least be out of arms reach. "Did it work?"

CelticSol said:
"You know little of Simi," Simi comments, and though she takes Royal's hand, it seems hesitant and borderline unwilling, "However, Simi will accompany you."
Arcadia spins around to be at Bruce's back, and with needle point precision, she strikes seven points along the length of his spine. Bruce can feel his ki block off, and as she hits two around each shoulder blade, his ki is blocked off completely. Arcadia steps back far enough that, if this other Bruce resurfaced, she would be able to at least be out of arms reach. "Did it work?"
"When would you like to join me? When this is over we can spend time together whenever you want." Royal puts her other hand on the back of Simi's.

Light said:
"When would you like to join me? When this is over we can spend time together whenever you want." Royal puts her other hand on the back of Simi's.
"Now. To dinner," Simi says flatly, her voice starting to get an edge of annoyance. "Because you invited the Simi. The other's are waiting, Domina, and Simi is thinking that they are getting hungry."

CelticSol said:
"Now. To dinner," Simi says flatly, her voice starting to get an edge of annoyance. "Because you invited the Simi. The other's are waiting, Domina, and Simi is thinking that they are getting hungry."
( Simi! I'm sorry I don't want to annoy you. )

Royal starts catching on to Simi's tone. She doesn't want to make it any worse. "Yes we should go." Royal stands up and walks toward the table.

Light said:
Royal starts catching on to Simi's tone. She doesn't want to make it any worse. "Yes we should go." Royal stands up and walks toward the table.
Simi stays quiet, sitting down at the table beside Mist. Jackie looks up to Royal, sighing in agitation. "Fucking finally!" Jackie is nearly too pale, and she has what appears to be a napkin stuffed into the gaping hole in her side. "I thought I was going to starve to death with how long it's taking everyone. And I'm not even the one with the biggest appetite here. Speaking of which," She looks over at Alpha, swinging her arm over the back of her chair as she turns, "Aren't you going to sit down?"

(@Daimao )

When Jackie looked over, Alpha was simply standing there, his eyes glazed over. When Jackie speaks to him, he snaps back to life, stumbling a bit. He takes one step towards the table, before falling flat on his face, not moving. Oroborus, who just so happened to be behind him, raises an eyebrow. "And I thought I was hungry," she grinned, raising her pointer finger into the air. Alpha's body rises from the floor, floats to the table, and plops into the chair next to Jackie. "So...hungry..." he mumbles. Oroborus just shakes her head and sits next to Alpha.

Daimao said:
When Jackie looked over, Alpha was simply standing there, his eyes glazed over. When Jackie speaks to him, he snaps back to life, stumbling a bit. He takes one step towards the table, before falling flat on his face, not moving. Oroborus, who just so happened to be behind him, raises an eyebrow. "And I thought I was hungry," she grinned, raising her pointer finger into the air. Alpha's body rises from the floor, floats to the table, and plops into the chair next to Jackie. "So...hungry..." he mumbles. Oroborus just shakes her head and sits next to Alpha.
Jackie pats his head, trying to look sympathetic, but she's failing horribly as she's barely able to hold down her grin. "There, there," she sighs, then she starts to arrange a plate entirely of the available meat on the table, and she nudges it into his cheek with a smile. "You're not allowed to starve to death. No one else likes me."

She leans around Alpha to look at Oroborus, "I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Jackie."

CelticSol said:
Jackie pats his head, trying to look sympathetic, but she's failing horribly as she's barely able to hold down her grin. "There, there," she sighs, then she starts to arrange a plate entirely of the available meat on the table, and she nudges it into his cheek with a smile. "You're not allowed to starve to death. No one else likes me."
She leans around Alpha to look at Oroborus, "I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Jackie."
As Alpha begins to ravenously dig into the food like a...well, like a starving dog, Oroborus looks at Jackie. "Name's Oroborus. I'm Alpha's fiancé," she says with a grin.

Daimao said:
As Alpha begins to ravenously dig into the food like a...well, like a starving dog, Oroborus looks at Jackie. "Name's Oroborus. I'm Alpha's fiancé," she says with a grin.
Jackie seems surprised, but then she shrugs. "A part of me feels like you're pulling my leg, but if you aren't... Well, he never mentioned you, but then again, it's not really my business."

CelticSol said:
Jackie seems surprised, but then she shrugs. "A part of me feels like you're pulling my leg, but if you aren't... Well, he never mentioned you, but then again, it's not really my business."
Alpha merely grunts as he stuffs his face. Oroborus smiles. "He doesn't like acknowledging it, since he may or may not have been intoxicated when he proposed, but if he tries going back on it, I'll have to rip him to shreds," she said cheerfully.

Daimao said:
Alpha merely grunts as he stuffs his face. Oroborus smiles. "He doesn't like acknowledging it, since he may or may not have been intoxicated when he proposed, but if he tries going back on it, I'll have to rip him to shreds," she said cheerfully.
Jackie covers her mouth to hide her snort, and she nudges him with her elbow, "Oh, Alpha, you stupid fuck. You got fucking Vegas-ed."

CelticSol said:
Bruce could feel himself become a lot weaker than he already was, forcing him to fall to his knees and then to his side, holding his stomach wound. The struggle for control ended, as the Nega-Bruce didn't even want to come out if he didn't have access to any power. "Yeah, Nega-Bruce won't be able to come out for a while until I get desperate in a fight and I have two questions. First, can you heal me back to good again, I'd rather not eat with a hole in my gut. And the second, why would you say I don't have an impressive body? I work hard on my body, it hurt almost as much as these wounds when you said that." He would've faked a cry but didn't want stress out his diaphragm at this particular point in time.

CelticSol said:
Jackie covers her mouth to hide her snort, and she nudges him with her elbow, "Oh, Alpha, you stupid fuck. You got fucking Vegas-ed."
Afrobrony said:
Bruce could feel himself become a lot weaker than he already was, forcing him to fall to his knees and then to his side, holding his stomach wound. The struggle for control ended, as the Nega-Bruce didn't even want to come out if he didn't have access to any power. "Yeah, Nega-Bruce won't be able to come out for a while until I get desperate in a fight and I have two questions. First, can you heal me back to good again, I'd rather not eat with a hole in my gut. And the second, why would you say I don't have an impressive body? I work hard on my body, it hurt almost as much as these wounds when you said that." He would've faked a cry but didn't want stress out his diaphragm at this particular point in time.
Suddenly a jet could be heard flying over them. But instead of a jet it was everyone's friendly neighborhood Dark. She lands not too far from them after slowing down, slightly skidding. After she's steady her exoskeleton breaks off. "Look I know I left and everything but when I heard about you two I had to come by."

Royal looks at everyone at the table. "Alright. It looks like we can eat!"

( @Daimao @Cadin shadow lord @TheGodSnake )

Grimm approaches Layla, a not-so-humorous expression on his face. "I think we need to talk."

Afrobrony said:
She smiles, "Of course. I was hoping that the other version of you would be more hindered by my actions. I'm sorry that it caused you pain as well," She starts to heal him once more, "And your body is actually incredibly impressive for a human. I just didn't want to stoke 'Nega-Bruce's' ego. It was already too large for my taste."

Light said:
Suddenly a jet could be heard flying over them. But instead of a jet it was everyone's friendly neighborhood Dark. She lands not too far from them after slowing down, slightly skidding. After she's steady her exoskeleton breaks off. "Look I know I left and everything but when I heard about you two I had to come by."
Arcadia glances over to the sound, then glares at Isabel, any warmth left in her eyes all but vanishing as her smile sets firmly into a frown. She returns to healing Bruce. "Well, I'm glad you at least

checked up on us. As you can see, Bruce and I have a handle on the situation, so your 'help' is no longer required. You can go back to the enemy now."

Light said:
Grimm approaches Layla, a not-so-humorous expression on his face. "I think we need to talk."
Layla pushes off the wall she was leaning on, her expression perfectly composed. "I agree," she says, grabbing him by the hand and leading him to one of the rooms far from the kitchen so that none of the others would be able to hear them. She closes the doors behind them gently, then crosses her arms across her chest. "Well? What did you want to talk about?"

Light said:
CelticSol said:
She smiles, "Of course. I was hoping that the other version of you would be more hindered by my actions. I'm sorry that it caused you pain as well," She starts to heal him once more, "And your body is actually incredibly impressive for a human. I just didn't want to stoke 'Nega-Bruce's' ego. It was already too large for my taste."
Arcadia glances over to the sound, then glares at Isabel, any warmth left in her eyes all but vanishing as her smile sets firmly into a frown. She returns to healing Bruce. "Well, I'm glad you at least

checked up on us. As you can see, Bruce and I have a handle on the situation, so your 'help' is no longer required. You can go back to the enemy now."
"Thank you for the compliment, Arcadia. And the healing, that's a good thing too. Definitely need the healing." Bruce looked between Arcadia and Dark, a bit confused at the tension that was going on as he hadn't been there for that whole ordeal. "Okay okay, one more question from me. Did I miss something? Because I'm feeling some bad vibes going on between you two."

CelticSol said:

Layla pushes off the wall she was leaning on, her expression perfectly composed. "I agree," she says, grabbing him by the hand and leading him to one of the rooms far from the kitchen so that none of the others would be able to hear them. She closes the doors behind them gently, then crosses her arms across her chest. "Well? What did you want to talk about?"
"Thanks for the snark Arcadia. I really appreciate you being here too." Dark starts to stretch. "You know, I was scared for a minute there. The others fought Fiemaan and Charon but they were just fine. Jack recently fought Schniezel but I knew she could handle herself. But you two?" Dark starts to laugh to herself. "You know, I really thought you would have perished for a second there." Dark examines them. "It might have upset me if you had died. I would have had to find someone just like you, that would be a waste of time." Dark smiles at them, though it seemed genuinely fake. "Origin is so trusting it's hilarious! All I had to do was sound concerned and she really thinks I'm still the same. The old Dark is gone, but I still seem to harbour her emotions. She doesn't even notice I have more control over the split personalities now." Dark reaches out for Arcadia even though she's still far. "Come on Arcadia. We're going."

"We need to talk about a death game I started. Also about the real reason why the originals are our enemy. Also about the secrets we've been keeping. It's time we've stopped playing games and bring up them up."

Light said:
"Thanks for the snark Arcadia. I really appreciate you being here too." Dark starts to stretch. "You know, I was scared for a minute there. The others fought Fiemaan and Charon but they were just fine. Jack recently fought Schniezel but I knew she could handle herself. But you two?" Dark starts to laugh to herself. "You know, I really thought you would have perished for a second there." Dark examines them. "It might have upset me if you had died. I would have had to find someone just like you, that would be a waste of time." Dark smiles at them, though it seemed genuinely fake. "Origin is so trusting it's hilarious! All I had to do was sound concerned and she really thinks I'm still the same. The old Dark is gone, but I still seem to harbour her emotions. She doesn't even notice I have more control over the split personalities now." Dark reaches out for Arcadia even though she's still far. "Come on Arcadia. We're going."
Afrobrony said:
"Thank you for the compliment, Arcadia. And the healing, that's a good thing too. Definitely need the healing." Bruce looked between Arcadia and Dark, a bit confused at the tension that was going on as he hadn't been there for that whole ordeal. "Okay okay, one more question from me. Did I miss something? Because I'm feeling some bad vibes going on between you two."
Arcadia sneers at Isabel, resisting the urge to spit at her feet, "Its well deserved, Isabel. I wasn't the one leave all my friends and comrades who looked to for leadership like they were no better than garbage. To pursue the lessons of a maniac, no less," she shakes her head in disgust, "So, Bruce, maybe it's 'bad vibes', but I'm thinking it has more to do with Isabel's poor sense of priorities."

When Isabel tells Arcadia she's leaving, Arcadia laughs, bitter and loathing, and crosses the distance between them, though she remains at arms length, "Go with you? That's hilarious. I wouldn't trust you even if my life depended on it. Go back to Harbinger, empty handed because as far as I'm concerned, the only way I'd go with you is if you used force, and your reputation doesn't need to add a kidnapped, non combatant healer to all the strikes you have."

Light said:
"We need to talk about a death game I started. Also about the real reason why the originals are our enemy. Also about the secrets we've been keeping. It's time we've stopped playing games and bring up them up."
"I've kept no secrets you haven't asked the answer to, Grimm. The only one with secrets here that do damage is you," She shakes her head, disgusted and bitter, "Chael told me. Gave a full report on what you did to them. Did you enjoy putting those children up against each other like animals? Laugh in glee when one died particularly horribly?" She chuckles, though it's a harsh, humourless sound. She won't meet his eyes, either, "They were children, Grimm. Younger than our own. This..." She closes her eyes tightly, "The ends do not justify the means. There is no reason you can give where I could... Where I could manage to forgive you for this."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back