• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Dragon Era

What should the name of the towns be? Put your answers in your character creation.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
the spy got stabbed to his right shoulder with the other dagger cutting him slightly in the cheek and flying through the tree, the knockback from the dagger made him fall from the tree landing on his back, in a last ditch effort he whistled on which his horse came to him, he attached the note and send the horse back to the HQ leaving the spy behind "fight to the last breath..." the spy muttered, he stood up and took out his knife, he knew his fate is sealed but at least he has given information back to the league @Giga @AEchelon @Cheselth @MidnightStar89

Last edited by a moderator:
Suddenly Arkthes heard a horse. She started running, her speed easily outran a horse. She swooped past a man, but ignored him. The galloping made too much noise for it to escape, though it accelerated. The cave dragon sent a fireball forward. The horse neighed as it panicked and turned around, however it was met with more flames and a swipe from a paw. Arkthes had made the horse fall, and with a single step the horse got squashed. The cave dragon just in case scorched the body, the note was burnt before her eyes. With the same speed she ran towards the man. "I'm having enough of your little armored friends, your words are not leaving this place!" she roared.

Jarak suddenly ran back to the group as he heard familiar footsteps run further. His eyes focused to the way Ark's roar came from. He chuckled a little.

-----

Nifer was about to rage at them how nobody will touch her property, but the roar distracted her. The dark elf loaded her bow with an enchanted arrow. The arrow makes its' target fall unconcious almost immediately. Her eyes glowed slightly as her vision changed to thermal vision. She easily saw the spy and shot the arrow. If it missed it would probably hit the dragon running towards the intruder... Oh well.

@Salex @AEchelon @Cheselth

behind the spy's left arm, the arm that got hit by the dagger, he holds a modified crossbow that is basically a medieval flare gun loaded with a red flare, he shot the flare to the sky making a trail of red smoke as it got up and exploded. meanwhile in the HQ, a person was guarding saw the red flare and ran as fast as his feet can carry him to the room where steve and his strategists were planning on claiming more towns. "s-s-sir!!! t-t-the..." the guard stuttered "speak my boy, what is it?" he said in a soothing manner to try to calm down the panicked soldier "a red flare has been spotted!!!" he shouted which made the whole room go dead silent. "... write down on the paperwork on the spy we just sent... write him as "missing in action"" steve said, he then continues to plan with his strategists. @Giga @MidnightStar89 @Cheselth @AEchelon

But before any action can be taken, Az-Rel, with his bloody knuckles due to punching them on the bark of the trees previously, immediately punches him in the face and knees him on the chest. An enchanted arrow flew past by him, but he did not care. It was intending for the spy but he had hoped it miss him. Because he's about to experience a new kind of pain. He continues to perform a series of quick punches onto his chest and immediately did a round house kick which hits him in the face. Rage was boiling inside of him.. He had enough of these nonsense.. He then grabs him by the collarbone and pushes his against a tree, slamming him against it! "You.. have.. just .. made a mistake.. I will... ensure that the word 'PAIN' isn't just a word.. or a meaning.. or even a concept to you! It will be.. your only reality!" he threatened him highly as he continue to hurt him as he pulls out the dagger from his right shoulder without mercy. He recognize the spy had emblem of the Mercenary League. "Now.. Tell us.. What the hell.. are you doing here?" he asked, yelling the last sentence on his face

*Flashback* Few years ago

"
You almost killed him, Black Arrow" the Scarlet Hood (aka Az-Rel) said as the Black Arrow was busy practicing archery. He had just witnessed him perform heavy torture acts on one of their target's associates. "He deserved it. He was aiding a mass murderer.. A person who's causing a lot of complication.." he said without any tone of regret. "But.. its not right still. Ever since the Black Devil took over, things are no longer right anymore. We're not just hunting bad people now, we're hunting anyone" he said back. He had always try to do things for the better and justice.. But the Brotherhood he's in now is no longer the same Brotherhood he was with.. "It's the only way he would tell quickly.. You gotta get used to it soon.. Sometimes, you're left with no option". he retorted back calmly. Az-Rel nodded. He'd never seen himself torturing anybody in the future.. or so he thought.

Jarak saw (and heard) Az-rel hurting the intruder. He ran closer and frowned. "Someone's angry..." he mumbled, crossing his arms. However a surprised hiss caught his attention.

Arkthes was running towards the man, when an arrow was shot at her. It had penetrated her scales rather easily, that was weird. She felt stinging pain in the wound that appeared to her shoulder, but she continued. Her vision got blurry very quickly, she didn't even reach the group when her legs went numb. The cave dragon fell to the ground with a loud thump, going unconcious.

Jarak gasped as he heard the thump.
"Who did that?! You!" he yelled with a snarl. He clenched his fists as he quickly ran towards the elf, trying to pin her down.

-----

Nifer cringed a bit when she saw the dragon fall. She didn't expect that, though that was one danger less. Suddenly the dragonkin ran towards her.
"I do not want to battle you," she calmly said as she raised her bow in a blocking position. The dragonkin smashed against it, so she smacked him into the ground. "The dragon will be fine in a hour, calm down you hot-headed lizard," she said with a sigh. The male on the ground let out a sigh of frustration. "Fine, I won't fight you. But give that bow to someone else, we don't like you with it!" he demanded. "I will not. You can trust me, but I will not put my weapon away to prove that," she replied. Suddenly the dark elf leaned towards the male. "Even if you have that evil glare in your soul... Bedlam's minion," she whispered. He raised an eyebrow when the female approached him, but the whisper caused the reaction to be silence. A clear confused, but creeper out reaction. "Get away from me, creep..." he hissed as a reply, so Nifer backed up with a silent chuckle. She put the bow behind her back and called for her bird with a hand motion. The hand motion was a silent snap of her fingers, with a little golden spark appearing between them. Spek walked to her and lied down, the dark elf sitting down and leaning against his feathers.

-----

Jarak frowned at the stranger's actions and walked back to Vyra.
"That hunter... not an ordinary person, definitely. I'd be careful around him... or her, I can't tell," he whispered.

@Giga @AEchelon

Eagle was going to answer Lilith, but she got distracted by the spy, so he stayed quiet. He and Niruth stayed back and just watched everything happen until Az-Rel started mercilessly beating up the spy. Eagle ran over to the Scarlet Hood and pulled him away from the man. "Az-Rel! Stop! It's not worth it!" Even though Eagle felt just as angry and frustrated at the situation, he refused to stand by while someone he considered as a friend went crazy.

Vyra relaxed into Jarak's hug and held onto his arm affectionately. She really had missed him, and was glad that at least part of him was the same. When he pulled away to check out what was happening, Vyra stood up and smoothed out her dress. She started walking back to the group when Jarak came back. She nodded and glanced behind the dragonkin at the hunter. "That's a woman.I don't know how I know... but I just do." Vyra smiled simply and walked over to Arkthes. She stroked the dragon's scales gently and then looked up at the agitated Lilith. "I think your bow is back at the settlement... I'm sorry."

Az-Rel did not bother with Eagle. He let go of him forcefully. His rage was beyond him this time. He even ignored Arkthes's situation. He proceeded to pound the spy into a pulp before knocking him out with a single blow to the back of his head. He plan to interrogate him in the worst possible way. He stopped and looked around, looking at Eagle with almost bloodshot eyes.. "What? I had enough of their nonsense. I already one big problem with one elite group, I don't want another problem with a damn mercenary group." he yelled as he look at his knuckles.. They were bleeding more than ever.. He sighed as he looked at Eagle and Arkthes who is currently under... Then threw a loathing look at Nifer "At least, shoot your arrows right next time so that I don't have to knock out someone" he said before going to the spy's limped body and dragging him to the open. "Anyone got a rope or a binding material?" he would asked in the process.

(Btw, his old name was scarlet hood. That time, he had a hood on. Now he doesn't)

Eagle shook his head and grabbed Az-Rel by the collar, dragging him away from the group. He brought the man into the forest, keeping his grip on Az-Rel. "Look, man. We're all tired and upset. We all feel violated, watched, and used. BUT. That does not give you an excuse to go bat sh*t crazy on some guy who was just doing his job. It's not his fault that he was chosen for this spying mission. You probably just put a bigger target on your back by beating one of their men senseless. Who knows if he'll recover from that beat down?" Eagle's voice stayed at an even volume, but his tone got progressively more agitated. He took out some jerky and gauze from his pack and through it at Az-Rel's feet. "You are going to eat some jerky, fix yourself up, and come back when you've calmed down. I don't need your bullsh*t right now." @Giga

With that, Eagle walked back over to the group and picked up the spy. He took a rag more gauze from his pack and started tending to the unconscious man's wounds. He wet down the towel and wiped away the drying blood and wrapped him up. He hoped that the cool water would wake the man, but wouldn't be surprised if he stayed passed out. Once he was done frixing the man up, Eagle grabbed some rope from Niruth's pack and tied the man up to a tree. He took away all of the sharp objects and small weapons he could find and put them into Niruth's pack. Eagle then sat down in front of the man and waited for him to wake up. @Salex

Vyra watched Eagle work and decided to sit with the halfa, though she didn't notice that she was in the presence of another hybrid. She nudged his shoulder in a way that sorta asked if he was okay. Eagle sighed and nodded a bit. "I'm all right. I just hate seeing anyone get their *ss handed to them for no real reason... I mean, yeah, he was spying on us. Did he deserve a warning? Yeah, probably. But this?" Eagle shook his head and looked over at Vyra. "What about you, are you okay?" She nodded and glanced over at Jarak with a smile before looking at Eagle again, who chuckled. @MidnightStar89

He didn't even bother to argue back. He knew Eagle was wrong. This man is working for that damn mercenary group. He threw away the rag, failing to wipe away his blood. He walk towards them, still raging but he put on a calm and pretend show. He threw the jerky at them "Take it, I'm fine. You'll need it more than I need." he said casually without looking at the limp body he had knock out.. He deserve it.. He was working for the same group who almost killed us... and destroyed his unique blade.. and also for causing the Black Devil to arise,he thought. Instead, he grabs the spear that he was carving and proceeded down to the river.. He'd wanted information. So that he could plan with the Black Arrow on taking down that mercenary league group. It seems that he has to face two new threats.. the Black Devil and the Mercenary League.. All of these thoughts were constantly going through his mind... Where did those times went.. When it was just taking down bad people who were hurting the innocent, he thought.. He finally walked down to the river and holds his spear as he wades into the water slowly.. Using his enhanced senses, he could see the shadows in the rapid waters of the river. After that, his fast reflexes is all he needs to ensure a large catch. They hadn't had any kind of food in a while now.. Especially the dragons.. He had an undying fear that they will turn on them soon.. Black Arrows has his own reasons to fear them... Suddenly, he felt his back tingle for a moment.. He presses his left hand against them, feeling it was warmer than usual.. It was permanently warmer than normal.. His back houses scars of different shapes and sizes... It was so grotesque it can make someone throw up.

*Flashback*

"
What's your name?!" asked an unknown voice to a teenager whom he's currently carrying right now as he was rushing to a certain place. The teenager was on the verge of passing out as burned marks ran through his back... He was afraid.. He had been sightseeing with his family when he got lost. He had attempted to run away from them.. Like they ever care.. Actually.. They knew he'd be running away but.. well he was a disappointment and he could not see his family's point of view about humans being the prime species of this continent.. So he'd ran... ran so fast until he could no longer see or hear them.. He walked for days, hopping to start a new life at a new settlement.. That's when the dragon came.. It burned him.. It almost killed him.. But he was stopped by a young archer.. in grey archer uniform.. He managed to escape, while carrying the dying teenager.. "A..Az...rel..." The dying teenager let out a breath.. "You're gonna make it, kid! Don't give up now" the unknown younger voice, pushing him with determination.. This marks the start of his life as a good mercenary.. Taking down bad people.. Back then, The Shadow Brotherhood was known as the The Divine Brotherhood... But that Brotherhood is long gone..

the spy woke up, tied up to a tree, he knew what was happening, he will be interrogated mercilessly so he acts as if he was still passed out and he does it pretty well as he is trained to be a spy, in his head he is trying to think of a way to get out...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

steve's plan was already taking effect, he traversed village by village, town after town and after his speeches he has persuaded the towns and villages to join his alliance, he then settles the new hometown of the faction at a wealthy and well defended town named 'valenthia' on which he ordered his builder to make a circular wall around the town and a castle at the very middle of the town. he clearly knows that the faction he is leading is no longer a league, so he goes to his advisor and discusses about the name "you are the wisest advisor i have, and as you have noticed this faction has turned to a kingdom... so i suppose we need a new name..." steve said, "I'm sorry my leash, as much as I am wise I cannot make names...." the advisor spoke as he left the room, steve then sits on his throne around his still being constructed castle and thinks, he then goes out to a stage made of wood where the people gathered, he then spoke "I would like to thank you all for trusting my faction and joining us, but as you clearly know this is no longer a faction, this is now a kingdom so i have decided, our name from now on and forward our name shall be 'the kingdom of venatores'!!!" steve said, as he finished his announcement the crowd cheered altough the symbol will still be the same, the news spread like wildfire going to every village and town that joined the venatores kingdom @Giga @AEchelon @MidnightStar89 @Cheselth

Lilith opened her eyes when the dagger flew by but everyone else was way quicker than she was at the moment so she couldn't get there before Az knocked out the poor spy. She huffed a little and followed Az-rel slowly and quietly, though she knew he probably would detect her in a second. When she reached where he had stopped, she would sit next to him before grabbing the same rag she used before to help him clean blood off of his head. You did quite a number on him, but I couldn't tell how much blood was actually yours. She tried joking with him as she offered the rag to Az-rel. Are you going to be alright, Az?

"The blood is mostly mine. I was practicing just now." he said as he had speared a fish. He didn't really moved away but refuses the rag. "I'm fine.. Just, recent events open up.. some scars I guess. I needed information from him. I didn't really injured that badly.. You should see what they do to Shadow Brotherhood Assassins if they failed a task." He shrugged, feeling slightly calmed now that he is spearfishing. Suddenly, he paused and looked into the river.. He holds up the spear and threw it like a javelin. It landed spear-first into the water.. He quickly run towards it and hold his spear up, he got himself a rather larger fish. He grin before placing the fish onto a big leaf on the banks of the river.. "Tell Eagle.. I am sorry..He didn't have to see me that way" he said..

the spy then remembered he had a concealed knife in his coat, in the sleeve of his coat he made an iron man pose at his wrist that ejects a hidden blade (im sure u guys know where that's from) and started to try to cut the rope away without making as noise as possible @Giga @AEchelon @Cheselth

Lilith put her rag away and gave him a friendly, warm smile. Take better care of yourself, though. Even the tiniest scratch can get infected. She stood back up and waved as she began to leave him to his fishing and made her way over to Eagle. She bent over and poked the spy to see if he was still knocked out, oblivious to the fact he had a knife. Oh, by the way... Az-rel wanted me to tell you that he's sorry you had to see him like that. Lilith switched her gaze from the spy to Eagle, stretching a little. A cringe was noticeable from another sharp pain in her shoulder blade, though this one wasn't as bad.

Razor made his way into the forest to scout out anymore spies or hunters

(Not sure if the alerts thing is broken but I'm sending this because I had no internet for hours)

Cheselth said:
Lilith put her rag away and gave him a friendly, warm smile. Take better care of yourself, though. Even the tiniest scratch can get infected. She stood back up and waved as she began to leave him to his fishing and made her way over to Eagle. She bent over and poked the spy to see if he was still knocked out, oblivious to the fact he had a knife. Oh, by the way... Az-rel wanted me to tell you that he's sorry you had to see him like that. Lilith switched her gaze from the spy to Eagle, stretching a little. A cringe was noticeable from another sharp pain in her shoulder blade, though this one wasn't as bad.
Razor made his way into the forest to scout out anymore spies or hunters

(Not sure if the alerts thing is broken but I'm sending this because I had no internet for hours)
(oh lol)

the kingdom of venatores expanded again and again, until steve made a speech at a village that was claimed by the brotherhood of shadows, the village joined the kingdom and abandoned the brotherhood of shadows, meanwhile in another town called 'ragnarok' soldiers were learning how to fight, young or old they volunteered to the military of the kingdom and 'ragnarok' was the main battle outpost of the kingdom where the soldiers are trained. "hmm.... send 5 people on horseback and search for the spy" the king said. the commander then sends the 5 best soldiers of the 3rd militia squad to search the now burning dragonkin settlement, once they arrive the sounds of the hooves clapping the grass can be heard and rambles can be heard as well @Giga @Cheselth @AEchelon @MidnightStar89 (so summary if your too lazy to read it all, steve took a village that was claimed by the brotherhood of shadows, he sent 5 of the best people he has of a squad and now they are near your location)

The Black Devil kept his promise. As long as Steve was expanding his kingdom and did not interfere with his claimed and marked territories, it will be fine and there will be no wars waged. But since one of his villages was claimed, he grew tired of him. Soon, assassinations of top high ranked individuals were carried out in the Kingdom of Venatores by elite Shadow Brotherhood members. In the meantime, he returned to his other current job. As a Senior Advisor to the King in the Kingdom of Silatia. In this disguise, he looked no different than a high-ranked citizen with a left eyepatch to cover his permanently injured eye.. However, nobody would know that he happens to be the leader of an underground brotherhood. He begin to warn the King and the capital of the threat that was posed by the Kingdom of Venatores.

Lilith kept poking the spy out of pure bordum before the horse shoes were heard. Now she was annoyed. Give. Me. A. Break! She began summoning a magic arrow, a purple one, before looking at her allies. What do we do now? Most of us are probably tired and or wounded. I'm hardly able to fight with my stupid mm- tattoo... Area... Causing issues with weird pains.

Razor refused to go back even if his cave hearing was epic and he heard the horses. He didn't want to be involved in anymore bloodshed than he already has been. Though, he let out a very loud roar to maybe scare them off? He usually only did this out of desperation (*hint hint wink wonk*), but hey... Why not do it now...

*in the site of the group*

"hmm... patrol the area, find where the spy is, we need him alive..." the squad leader said, on horseback they walked closer and closer to the group until they see small figures which are easily visible as dragons and humanoids. "what do we do now captain?" one of the people say "... go on foot, approach slowly with weapons concealed, the king only said to take the spy so do NOT engage, all we need is the spy... if he is still alive" the leader of the squad said. they proceeded to go visibly, they know their armor is strong enough to stop 2 enchanted arrows to the chest but their helmets isnt that well protected, they walked slowly to the group, with no visible weapons in their hands and one carrying the flag of the kingdom of venatores (which i may remind you is still the same symbol as the mercenary league)

*back in valenthia*

"
SIR!!! COUNCILMEN NICHOLAI JUST BEEN ASSASINATED!!!" the advisor spoke in panic. "godd*mnit another one... triple the guard numbers on this castle, secure the perimeters of these walls..." steve said "and find.... and hunt these sons of a b(cencored)tch down... i want every godd*mn brotherhood of shadow member lurking in this town dead... and ready the troops, we march by dawn" the king said again. the general commanded more troops from ragnarok to valenthia and guard it, using fire in steel cages they lit up every dark space in the kingdom they could find and hunted down almost every brotherhood of shadows member in the town to be executed

@Giga @Cheselth @MidnightStar89 @AEchelon

Az-Rel had fished quite a large sum of fishes.. he hanged the fishes on a makeshift hanger to carry them back to the camp.. It should be enough for all of them.. And perhaps the dragons as well. He walk back up the hill towards their location until he hears movement that is not his friends.. Rage begins to burn inside him again as he sees the same enemy, relentless not giving up on theml

the squad approaches the group until they are roughly 10 meters away. "we come in peace, i am azazel, commander of the top 5 in the 3rd militia force, we come to pick up that spy... that appears to have been beaten up" the commander said while glaring at the spy's limped body @Giga @Cheselth @MidnightStar89 @AEchelon

Az-Rel's rage is increasing again but this time, he tries to remain calm and.. more on the business and proposition side. "Alright. I got a proposition for you. I return you back the spy. He's not that badly injured. But in return, you must.. leave.. us.. alone!" he announced his offer, expecting them not to accept it. He looked at others if they want to say anything else or make other deals.

Giga said:
Az-Rel's rage is increasing again but this time, he tries to remain calm and.. more on the business and proposition side. "Alright. I got a proposition for you. I return you back the spy. He's not that badly injured. But in return, you must.. leave.. us.. alone!" he announced his offer, expecting them not to accept it. He looked at others if they want to say anything else or make other deals.
"the kingdom of venatores watches over everybody, please understand we only try to protect you." the commander said to az-rel, an elite medic was by their side and walks over to the injured spy and started treating him "damn... they beat this guy up good... holy hell something broke.... i think his nose broke" the elite medic said while checking his face for injuries @Giga

Lilith raised her arrow up like a spear a growled. Listen up, I don't care if you're here to give us sweet rolls, get the h*** away from us. You go ahead and take your d*** spy, but if I ever see your ugly mugs again... She didn't finish her sentence because she wanted them to try and imagine just what she could do. Then she cringed suddenly, but not moving a single limb. The mark was acting up and was still painfully taking her energy away from her. This wouldn't last long but she was in no condition to fight.

Razor smelled Az-rel and growled, running over to the edge of the clearing as quietly as possible. He remained hidden in case they needed a sneak attack, his spikes hardening.

The old ent felt as though she had just blinked when her companions were specks in the distance,she saw them heading towards the lake and began flying after them on Costachio who decided she wanted to go fast making her tired out after what had happened earlier.When they both landed they saw they were back near the lake again and appearently at a bad time since there appeared to be a party of military,Ashoak dismounted Costachio and coughed trying to get some attention from the others "Anyone mind telling us what's going on around here?" she said.

@everyone

"... excuse me young lady" the medic walked behind lilith and tapped her shoulder "i believe you should put that down... you can't use it anyways from the mark that's on your shoulder over there..." the medic said, he proceeded to carry the spy over his shoulder and puts his limp body on his horse "... oh god... SIR WE NEED TO GO NOW!!! HE'S LOSING TOO MUCH BLOOD!!!" the medic shouted in panic as he just realized there was a huge open wound in the right shoulder. "can anyone please explain the... HUGE OPEN WOUND IN THE MAN'S SHOULDER!?" the commander shouted to the pack, the spy struggles to grasp on to his life, he takes out a small wooden toy from his coat pocket and gives it to the medic as the medic tries to apply pressure to the wound. "g-g-give this to my son... tell him i love him..." the spy said with his last breath, then the spy closed his eyes and stopped moving and breathing. "no... no godd*mnit don't you die on me!!!" the medic shouted as he tried pumping the spy's chest and checked for the spy's pulse by touching his neck, he checks the pulse and without a word, the medic grabs the spy's body and lays him at the grass, he grabs a white cloth and cover's the spy's body on it while holding the spy's wooden toy @Giga @Cheselth @AEchelon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back