• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Desperate Times (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
So who WOULD be up for being the center of a side plot? We'll have some down time after this, and I can totally just go into the next plot point if that's what everyone wants.

I mean he is technically better with tech then professor so it wouldn't hurt for them to interact
I just realized I completely misread this post and my response to it makes absolutely no sense. It looks like I had a stroke. I thought "tech" and "professor" were referring to the traits "technology" and "profession", so I parsed "he" as referring to my character: i.e. "he (the professor) is better with better than technology than profession so it wouldn't hurt for him to interact (with neon valkyrie's suggested chaaracter who wants to offer him humanity)". Actually, reading my interpretation now, it still doesn't make sense even after taking this into account.

Uh, anyway, yes, it would make sense for our characters to interact. Please pretend that this is what I said and that I'm not an idiot.

:-_-lines: ... oh, I can see the scrapbook of their life-long friendship now.

EDIT: Announcement moved to announcement post.

EDIT: ... also ... your asterisks ... are bother me ... but they aren't ... strictly ... forbidden ... *twitch, vape vape, twitch*
I can reword it to remove the asterisks and possibly add more description after work just wanted to get something out there before I hit the hay

I just realized I completely misread this post and my response to it makes absolutely no sense. It looks like I had a stroke. I thought "tech" and "professor" were referring to the traits "technology" and "profession", so I parsed "he" as referring to my character: i.e. "he (the professor) is better with better than technology than profession so it wouldn't hurt for him to interact (with neon valkyrie's suggested chaaracter who wants to offer him humanity)". Actually, reading my interpretation now, it still doesn't make sense even after taking this into account.

Uh, anyway, yes, it would make sense for our characters to interact. Please pretend that this is what I said and that I'm not an idiot.
It's fine, and you do have a point my charcter has very little means to not get hurt via radiation or anything like that but just comparing notes wouldn't be bad

It's fine, and you do have a point my charcter has very little means to not get hurt via radiation or anything like that but just comparing notes wouldn't be bad

Rolls 9 successes on tech in combat, finds the "crash test dummy" button that ejects all of Steve's limbs.

Crowbar snaps, flies through his head, killing him instantly

But seriously, since I got zero successes, my understanding is that that the GM narrates result? (I don't think I'll use resolve here)

I'm assuming its something like you just can't lift it even with the crowbars assistance. Although embarrassing perhaps you can flag down a random bystandard to help you

Sara Sidereal Sara Sidereal Whoops, yes, Buckteeth is paying more attention than me. Reroll with the +4D adjustment. For the record, the only time I'll really step in and narrate is if you get no successes, AND roll a 1. Then I'm house-ruling critical failures, muahahahaha. PS, It's finally my friday, I'll be able to catch everything up now. But yeah, go ahead and reroll!

Theflamre Theflamre The powerplant is still fully operational, the situation is ongoing, with the mysterious combatants holding the place hostage on threat of blowing it up.

Theflamre Theflamre *Sigh* Okay ... there isn't anything on fire, the power plant is still fine, the power lines are underground, and there isn't smog.

Last edited:
well crap, then I must have miss read sorry.

It's alright, there's a lot to wade through. There IS a bomb, but it hasn't gone off yet. You character doesn't need to see the hydro lines. From tapping into them for various experiments or projects, he knows that the city runs all phone, electric, and whatnot lines under the street. The tunnel, while not only sparsely lit, essentially a super long, 4 foot wide hallways that run under every street. The smog isn't there because the whole city runs on giant hydrogen generators. There's no smoke, because the "Smoke" from a hydrogen explosion is water vapour ... that might be a useful thing for me to post in the setting notes somewhere ... so really this is my bad.

It's alright, there's a lot to wade through. There IS a bomb, but it hasn't gone off yet. You character doesn't need to see the hydro lines. From tapping into them for various experiments or projects, he knows that the city runs all phone, electric, and whatnot lines under the street. The tunnel, while not only sparsely lit, essentially a super long, 4 foot wide hallways that run under every street. The smog isn't there because the whole city runs on giant hydrogen generators. There's no smoke, because the "Smoke" from a hydrogen explosion is water vapour ... that might be a useful thing for me to post in the setting notes somewhere ... so really this is my bad.
I was doing this based on a mix of judge dredd and warhammer 40k, so i assuned smog. Though that is a very interesting way of dealing with the problem of smog in this sort of place

Users who are viewing this thread

Back