• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Desperate Times (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
:thonking: but my guy is neither, he's just a nerd
"Mastermind"

Actually, given the layout of characters, I think we'll end up doing like... The Inhumans and The Outsiders.

The other thing is, we need to figure out if we want subplot events specific to characters; a mysterious figure offering Steve a human body, someone cat-napping Crimson, an ancient evil waking and seeking out Brey, a criminal mastermind with something against Redeemer.

You know I'm not sure if he would even be tempted by such an offer, given the absolute singularity of purpose the current form offers. Imagine being able to devote 23+ hours of every day to your passion. However, maybe there will be some twist I haven't considered that makes it a difficult decision. Since you can't tell me without spoiling it, I leave it up to you. Just be aware he may turn down the offer, and take that into consideration before putting in the time and energy to craft the plot.

You know I'm not sure if he would even be tempted by such an offer, given the absolute singularity of purpose the current form offers. Imagine being able to devote 23+ hours of every day to your passion. However, maybe there will be some twist I haven't considered that makes it a difficult decision. Since you can't tell me without spoiling it, I leave it up to you. Just be aware he may turn down the offer, and take that into consideration before putting in the time and energy to craft the plot.
I mean he is technically better with tech then professor so it wouldn't hurt for them to interact

I mean he is technically better with tech then professor so it wouldn't hurt for them to interact
Think about being able to enhance your own abilities simply by imagining an improvement and then designing and fabricating it. Being a robot also means he can engage in dangerous experiments in hazardous environments that would be expensive or impossible for a human. For example, he doesn't need to monitor his exposure to radiation at all, and can work with acids and gases with no safety equipment, not even a fume hood (except for the safety of others, if present). The more I think about it, the more advantages I come up with. Heck, he could even be the ideal space colony vanguard: the intelligence and self-motivation of a human, durability and self-containment of a bot (doesn't care about atmosphere, pressure, temp, etc)

Sebastian wants to try and persuade someone he doesn't know to give him a ride closer to the explosion how do i roll, like what would i need to succeed Neon Valkyrie Neon Valkyrie

I didnt really feel like comp was setup and brusers, it just seems like a healthy mix. We have two infiltrators, two frontlines, and two backline. Inflitraitors do setup / recon / assinations / thefts etc. Frontline is there to be shot at and backline is support / ranged damage with a healthy set of skills distributed thoughout all the groups. Inhumans and outsiders works but realistically wouldn't just Outsiders work? I'm assuming most of the demi or less humans probably feel at least a little bit ostracized. Side quests sound cool as well! Also can't wait for when the professor meets this hoodlum kid who out techs him and see where that goes

Last edited:
... god damnit ... well, I mean, technically combat or action posts are only supposed to be a few seconds worth of actual time ... so rapid succession posting makes sense.

The other option is collaborative posting, you just talk to the person before hand and figure out the couple of things you'd each be able to say, how you'd react, etc.

gotcha, we can try rapid posting if thats cool but if it gets too cluttered we can try talking beforehand or we can condense afterwards. I'm sure we'll figure it out and it'll seem smooth once we get used to it

:-_-lines: ... oh, I can see the scrapbook of their life-long friendship now.

EDIT: Announcement moved to announcement post.

EDIT: ... also ... your asterisks ... are bother me ... but they aren't ... strictly ... forbidden ... *twitch, vape vape, twitch*

Last edited:
Oh, right, and as for the door, and rolling in general ... oh, >ahem<

HERO ANNOUNCEMENT!

Probably a good time to remind everyone that, even in conversational posting, you should be waiting until at least two-three other people post before posting again. If people drop or no-show, that's another issue, but if we don't maintain some kind of posting order, it's going to be hard to keep time straight. I've seen RPs go off the rails because two people had the day off.

Also, as far as actions in general, mention me in an OOC post, ask me what you want to do, and if I don't initiate a roll for you, we can discuss what you can do with your character's strengths. As for the actions themselves, we may be in a superhero RP, but it still has to kind of make sense. Put some thought into your actions, know that they will have consequences. For example, none of us are going to come out of this being MORE popular with police.

Think about being able to enhance your own abilities simply by imagining an improvement and then designing and fabricating it. Being a robot also means he can engage in dangerous experiments in hazardous environments that would be expensive or impossible for a human. For example, he doesn't need to monitor his exposure to radiation at all, and can work with acids and gases with no safety equipment, not even a fume hood (except for the safety of others, if present). The more I think about it, the more advantages I come up with. Heck, he could even be the ideal space colony vanguard: the intelligence and self-motivation of a human, durability and self-containment of a bot (doesn't care about atmosphere, pressure, temp, etc)
A little off topic but I would just like to mention that I used to have a robot character with human conscious as well, just like Hayden, except its the final plot twist and she is the main villian of my rp that nuked the world to destroy humanity and build her own garden of Eden lol(and then clone some organic human just to make then kill each other, it gets pretty dark, lol). Now I am concerned. XP
Androids are eviiillll.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back