• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Dark Ages of Taeral - D&D 5e (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Alrighty: I have a "1pound egg with a bright red shell". There's a red dragon around. I'm scared.

Here goes my roll.

"An Iron holy symbol dedicated to some unknown god."

Lets see what I roll:

A blank book whose pages refuse to hold ink, chalk, graphite, or any other substance or marking

You go into a post that has already been made, and hit edit. One of the options on the bottom will then be 'roll dice'

I mean, I don't know who invented the 700 year old and still working music box, but I'd like to hire them to make all my stuff that durable

Maybe, when the holy symbol is set on coprolite cube, it unlocks the book, and it reveals instructions to insert a special coin in the music box that will play a special tune to hatch the dragon egg.

Maybe, when the holy symbol is set on coprolite cube, it unlocks the book, and it reveals instructions to insert a special coin in the music box that will play a special tune to hatch the dragon egg.
Only in D&D can people find random junk and it turns out to all be a connected masterplan that only ever worked because none of them decided to just take that lazy saturday

Would it?
I think it would, if only because I can't see how it wouldn't. Ah, but don't get me wrong- even if there is a mistake, if it's something the GM is going along with, it's fine with me. Not like it hurts me. I was just genuinely curious, cause as far as I know, the (normal) rule of point buy are:
1. Each person starts with a basis of 8, and 27 points to spend
2. The limit of points given to any stat is up to 15 (so 7 points being dumped on that stat)
3. Getting a stat to grow past 13 requires 2 points instead of 1 (so, going from 13 to 14 would require 2 points rather than 1 point, as would going from 14 to 15)

And then I requested the GM, and they allowed it, for points to be able to go beneath 8 (and we'd take those points and move them somewhere else).

Lol, I probably just wasnt reading the rules. I can switch things around :)
As I said I was just curious -I tend to go for very polarized characters in D&D so the idea of it being possible to get a 20 on something right away seemed exciting- I don't mean to apply any pressure!

Though, yeah, it might not be within the rules. And if that is the case and you want to fix...

I used this to calculate my ability scores with the point buy system.

I was also operating on what Wolfy said about bring points down as low as 6-7 for a 1:1 buy ratio.

WlfSamurai WlfSamurai can you clear this up for us? We are a little confused and want to make sure we are doing things right with the stats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back