• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Dark Ages of Taeral - D&D 5e (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Thus far, I've only seen homebrewed versions - doesn't mean that there's nothing official out there by now, though.

Btw! Does anybody know if a gnoll is a playable race? I cant seem to find a solid answer, but I have seen stats for them. I know lizardfolk and Kobold are. Goblins too I think.

Just curious mostly! (Mostly)
Gnolls are not an officially playable race as they are not listed as one in any of the official books. However, Volo's Guide to monsters provides lore and content similar to what you would get for a playable race, and other sources may give you traits (though I have yet to verify this) that could complete the gnoll to become a playable character.

So the gnoll may exist as a homebrew, but they don't officially as playable characters.

Rolling Constitution Saving Throw For Ale Effects

8+4=12

14+4=18

So I guess I'm not drunk yet....I think. There don't seem to be official rules on the matter, so unless WlfSamurai WlfSamurai says otherwise, I'll just go with the rules of my previous campaign and make the AC 10+1 for each time after the first.

How would drinking work for a robot? WlfSamurai WlfSamurai I wanna participate, and not just say "My unit has no need for the perishable."
I mean, this is just my opinion, but since your character is in many respects a living creature, and can still intake the alchohol into itself, they can probably still get drunk. Maybe advantage on the roll?

Again, just my opinion, nothing official.

Hahaha! I usually don’t ask for drunkenness rolls. But, if you’d like, roll a constitution-check, DC 10. Success and you’re not drunk yet. Failure and you’re on your way to tipsy!

Also, go ahead and include rolls in the main thread. Going to give the others a chance ot respond before moving forward.

Btw! Does anybody know if a gnoll is a playable race? I cant seem to find a solid answer, but I have seen stats for them. I know lizardfolk and Kobold are. Goblins too I think.

Just curious mostly! (Mostly)
Oh yes! And I forgot. I thought there was playable Gnoll rules, but looks like the others are right. They’re all homebrew.

Also, go ahead and include rolls in the main thread. Going to give the others a chance ot respond before moving forward.

Can I roll to see if I can tell stuff about the ale as I was asking earlier then? Stuff like where it was made and what ingridients went in it.

Can I roll to see if I can tell stuff about the ale as I was asking earlier then? Stuff like where it was made and what ingridients went in it.
Oh yes please. Roll it in the main thread with some RP text, if you please.

Roll perception or intelligence for the ale:
  • DC 10 to know it’s from Jaekai, the largest of the Western Isles
  • DC 15 to know it’s from the Kaelish region
  • DC 20 to know it hasn’t been aged more than three years, even though the cask says 15

Last edited:

Roll perception for the ale:
  • DC 10 to know it’s from the Jaekai, the largest of the Western Isles
  • DC 20 to know it hasn’t been aged more than three years, even though the cask says 15
Hmmm...I'd think it's more an intelligence roll than a wisdom roll, since she is trying to know from memory not so much figure it out on the spot.

Though if you say otherwise, I'll roll for perception of course.

Just a question though: What do you mean "with some RP text"? I can't put the roll in the middle of the post. Or do you mean I add the roll and the RP content (just not necessarily in the same place)

Hmmm...I'd think it's more an intelligence roll than a wisdom roll, since she is trying to know from memory not so much figure it out on the spot.

Though if you say otherwise, I'll roll for perception of course.

Just a question though: What do you mean "with some RP text"? I can't put the roll in the middle of the post. Or do you mean I add the roll and the RP content (just not necessarily in the same place)
Perception to perceive the way it tastes and match it up. You can roll straight intelligence, if you'd like, as well.

You have to make a post to roll. I'd like the roll in the thread, but I don't want just a blank post with the roll. I know you'd never do that, really, but trying to set the precedent.

Perception to perceive the way it tastes and match it up. You can roll straight intelligence, if you'd like, as well.

You have to make a post to roll. I'd like the roll in the thread, but I don't want just a blank post with the roll. I know you'd never do that, really, but trying to set the precedent.
Ok. So as long as it's in a post with content.

Edit: I'll roll for straight int then.

Though I do worry that might come to pose a problem lately, if a post requires multiple roles with different dice.

Aww, that sucks. I want to play a gnoll xD

Also, should we roll if our char isn't planning in drinking enough to get drunk?

Roll perception or intelligence for the ale:
  • DC 10 to know it’s from Jaekai, the largest of the Western Isles
Rolling with straight int, got a 16 and with adds 3 with the modifier. So, not quite a 20 yet, only know the Kaelish region and Jaeki (of which I assume Kaelish is part of)

Edit: And added to the post!

Ah, the curse of Real Life strikes again! Take your time. We'll be here when you come back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back