• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Chaotic, Labyrinthine - OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Anyone want to see my ideas for / add your own ideas to the list of: Areas and non-player encounters? I've got a few ideas that aren't developed completely, or that I just want to introduce prematurely.
  • The Watcher: In vast room with a singular cathode ray television which plays a nonexistent episode of a pre-1990s television show, the watcher watches the television. If you stand in its way, it will move to get a better view, but will not move to its original spot if you move out of its way.
  • The "Hi" Horse: A creature resembling a miniature horse which walks on two legs, but specifically her front legs. Her tasks are to wander the backrooms and say "Hello" to those she passes. Her path is randomized.
  • A live turkey from the real world. May or may not get eaten.
  • The Manzanilla room: A room within the classic "Manila Room" with a pile of stuffed Manzanilla olives in one corner.
  • A room where you can hear someone singing the first verse of "Green Grow the Rushes Oh" on loop.
  • The aforementioned McDonalds.

StrixDesmodus StrixDesmodus alskdjfkdld I knew you looked familiar, turns out (I went and dug through my posts) we were in a group Rp together once before

Your character’s head was detached!
I might actually use the original-ish version of him in this rp, but not until later.

Anyone want to see my ideas for / add your own ideas to the list of: Areas and non-player encounters? I've got a few ideas that aren't developed completely, or that I just want to introduce prematurely.
  • The Watcher: In vast room with a singular cathode ray television which plays a nonexistent episode of a pre-1990s television show, the watcher watches the television. If you stand in its way, it will move to get a better view, but will not move to its original spot if you move out of its way.
  • The "Hi" Horse: A creature resembling a miniature horse which walks on two legs, but specifically her front legs. Her tasks are to wander the backrooms and say "Hello" to those she passes. Her path is randomized.
  • The Manzanilla room: A room within the classic "Manila Room" with a pile of stuffed Manzanilla olives in one corner.

I might actually use the original-ish version of him in this rp, but not until later.
The McDonald’s should get a rival establishment >: )

Ooooh I like this idea! I have an elaboration for it.

The rival has two creatures, one of which will attack you if you order from the first McDonalds.
Ooooo yes! Or maybe if you simply mention the other establishment? Because, No Advertising of Opposition Period.

Ooooo yes! Or maybe if you simply mention the other establishment? Because, no advertising of opposition Period.
Omg, that's even better. Maybe it just bites/strikes you just once for every time you mention its rival, and that way people learn to use euphemisms for it.

• A room where you can hear someone singing the first verse of "Green Grow the Rushes Oh" on loop.

May I also suggest a Mimic? Given we have fantasy/magical characters. I kinda wanted to see an element of fantasy there too. While not every fantasy game has them, it should be at least familiar with the concept.

Creature name: Mimics
Threat level: Mildly Dangerous

Description: It is a hostile creature taking the form of various objects and furniture. It is almost undetectable by magic or any device, only revealing itself when the target it chose is close to its inanimate state. Mimics then grow a mouth, become mobile, and will thrash to the target despite having no limbs to move them efficiently. They are labeled as mildly dangerous as they are only like 10% chance of encountering one and most often times easy to spot as they sit alone in empty rooms, rather than in object-populated places.

Mimics are commonly found in the forms on the following list.​
  • Treasure chests
  • Thick Hardbound Books
  • Muted-colored wood chairs
  • Wood cabinets

Person A: “the name that’ll bite you? Yknow? The Isane fast food Posse? The clown Mcduck?? Please tell me you get what I’m trying to talk about.”

Person B: *confusion* “...do you mean McDonal— wait why did that thing spin around, wHyS IT COMING CLOSER IT LOOKS PISSED HELP—”

May I also suggest a Mimic? Given we have fantasy/magical characters. I kinda wanted to see an element of fantasy there too. While not every fantasy game has them, it should be at least familiar with the concept.

Description: It is a hostile creature taking the form of various objects and furniture. It is almost undetectable by magic or any device, only revealing itself when the target it chose is close to its inanimate state. Mimics then grow a mouth, become mobile, and will thrash to the target despite having no limbs to move them efficiently. They are labeled as mildly dangerous as they are only like 10% chance of encountering one and most often times easy to spot as they sit alone in empty rooms, rather than in object-populated places.

• Treasure chests
  • Thick Hardbound Books
  • Wood cabinets
Mimics would be fun and interesting for characters to handle! Ya got my vote at least

• Treasure chests
  • Thick Hardbound Books
  • Wood cabinets
A book mimic sounds perfect! Someone maybe is like, "finally, a remedy for the boredom" and then gets attacked by it when they try to pick it up. Be careful what you wish for.

A book mimic sounds perfect! Someone maybe is like, "finally, a remedy for the boredom" and then gets attacked by it when they try to pick it up. Be careful what you wish for.
Or maybe someone sits down on a recliner, relieved there’s finally somewhere comfortable to sit. Only to receive a bitten bottom 😂

Or maybe someone sits down on a recliner, relieved there’s finally somewhere comfortable to sit. heheheheh
Ok, so if someone gets separated from the group, and returns with scratches and bits of foam and wire caught in their hair, this is what happened.

They're not the most dangerous as they can easily be dealt with, plus they are rare to encounter but it does keep labyrinth explorers on their toes.

Ok, so I have another location idea.

If you're familiar with the "Protect and Survive" series of nuclear survival films, one of the suggestions for shielding yourself from radiation is to take doors off of their hinges and make a tunnel with them leaned against a wall and pile heavy things on top of the doors.
It would basically be that, but really, really long.

How about a room that’s just entirely a ball pit?

How deep does it go? Could you drown in a ball pit? Nobody knows. Nobody’s dared to find out.

How about a room that’s just entirely a ball pit?

How deep does it go? Could you drown in a ball pit? Nobody knows. Nobody’s dared to find out.
Perhaps you get to the bottom and fall out into the top of the same room. But you also have to watch out for sharks made of foam.

Perhaps you get to the bottom and fall out into the top of the same room. But you also have to watch out for sharks made of foam.
That could work, yeah! And maybe theres that rigged carnival game bridge where you gotta balance yourself to get across to another room

Users who are viewing this thread

Back