• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy [Casual] Starlight Academy <open>

'We?' Tyson thinks to himself as he furrows his eyebrows in confusion. As he continued listening, he heard the magic words "Answer any questions you may have." come out of the mouth of the guard. At last, he has a chance to try to figure out more about his current situation. Not wanting to let that chance slip away, Tyson follows the man, hoping he's not being led into some sort of trap. It takes almost no time at all for his moderately deep voice to start firing words into the atmosphere.

"If you're here to answer ANY questions that I have, then I'm about to make you earn a raise on your paycheck. Who are you? What are you talking about with this dorm and schedule stuff? Am I in college? What's Starlight Academy? Where am I geographically?(not really expecting a specific answer to this one, just figured it would be something he would ask) And who exactly has been expecting me?"

Though he was bold and blunt with his questioning, a part of him felt a little nervous as he realized that he just somewhat interrogated someone with more knowledge of the environment around him than he has. He wasn't sure how the man would react, but Tyson also didn't know how long this guide of his would be there. He walks just out of arms reach of Sanders, just in case he was hostile. That way, Tyson would at least have that split second to react in the event that he gets attacked.

@Caffeine Freak

Last edited by a moderator:
Sanders cast Tyson a look, but a slight smile edged on his otherwise expressionless face as he remarked, "I figured you'd be confused but that's a lotta questions."

They continued down the steel corridor, the domed glass revealing the dark expanse of the Atlantic ocean.

"I'll give ya the long answer," Sanders started. "I'm a security detail in this Academy. Right now we're at the bottom of the Atlantic ocean - I'd tell you where, but the Headmaster's rather picky about the details we're allowed to tell students. Starlight Academy is a college of sorts, I guess you could call it that. The Headmaster likes to refer to it as 'a school for gifted youngsters'." Sanders stopped as they reached the end of the corridor, swiping his keycard into the terminal connecting the next pair of steel doors. "As for who's been expecting you," He added, hands behind his back as he watched the bulky doors graze open. "You've probably figured that you were frozen in those tubes. Thing is that the lab guys thawed out most of the students yesterday, but have been keeping a few frozen - such as yourself. Why? I have no idea. The nerds have made it clear that they don't like associating with members of the security team, and that's fine by me."

As the doors rattled open, the expanse of the dorm hub was revealed. "Follow this pathway and it'll lead to the canteen. There you'll meet your fellow students and have a chance to eat something before you get thrown to the wolves." Sanders tossed Tyson a schedule. "The schedule is universal, the Headmaster prefers all students to be working on the same skills at the same time, so you'll find that pretty much anyone you ask will have the same next lesson as you."

Sanders nodded. "Good luck, Kaiser." Sanders briefly nodded and returned via the corridor they just approached.

@LumaThePhoenix

Mikuru watched as Aaron walked off with the headmaster, she sighed and closed the door behind her, and started walking to the canteen, having a conversation with herself about what happened, and what was going to happen with Aaron. Once she arrived at the canteen, she saw were everyone was sitting and moved away from them, sitting by herself in the corner, she put her head down, and just sat there, looking at a wall across from her.

@LumaThePhoenix

@Caffeine Freak

@RunicFollower

@VenomSlayer

@Rosehaven17

@anyoneIforgot  

Aaron noticed Mikuru was sat at the table, and was racking his brain to talk about something- anything, when the PA interrupted him.

"Attention students. My staff will be handing out the single use communication devices this morning. If you do not wish to contact someone on the surface, please ask them for a material possession and I will ensure it is delivered to you."

Aaron didn't waste any time as he saw a guard handing out black cell phones.

"A block of that weird metal!" He shouted, not really thinking about what he was doing.

Nearby students stopped talking and began staring at him. The guard paused and stared at him as well. Aaron realized he was standing up.

"I'd.. like a block of that black metal the school is made out of.." He repeated, a little more quietly.

The guard placed two fingers on his ear and muttered something, an earpiece?

After a moment, the guard simply replied with, "The Headmaster approves your request." And continued handing out phones.

@Camilton

@VenomSlayer

@RunicFollower

@LumaThePhoenix

@Rosehaven17

TheMikuru listened to the announcement over the PA, she smiled, I did that~~ Yay!! And as soon as the announcement end she heard.

[SIZE= 13px]"A block of that weird metal!"[/SIZE][SIZE= 13px] [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 13px]Mikuru looked over at Aaron and sighed, but smiled anyway, but she was scared why he was using it, or why the headmaster approve it. Once she got her phone, she just stared at it, not sure who to call.[/SIZE]

@Caffeine Freak

@LumaThePhoenix

@RunicFollower

@Rosehaven17

@VenomSlayer

Ano fumbled his words to Adrian's question " Well Rue is well" 

Rue chimed in on the question. " WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM, just kidding I'm the key to Ano's future, I am his best friend of all time Rue the smartest gal , alive." 

Ano laughed a little " Yeah that's my Rue she is a one of a kind." 

The PA system blared up and about Rue's eye sparked as she looked at Ano. " Ano after you call can I keep your phone if we can keep them.?" Rue asked Ano 

Ano smiled as Rue hopped off his back and ran to the guard asking him if she could keep the phone after the call ." I don't need a call, there is a special book I would like from a group of monks that taught me , if you could give them this letter they will give you the book also there location is on the back of the letter, please don't hurt them ." Ano said giving the letter to the guard. 

@VenomSlayer

@Camilton

@Caffeine Freak

@Rosehaven17

@LumaThePhoenix

sorry work consumed my life

((Sorry I fell asleep))

Aki said Mikuru "hey what's up?" Aki said with a small puzzled expression as see looked at her hands. Aki tried figuring out what happened earlier, but try as she might, she was just getting more confused and mad.

@Camilton

Aaron made a quizzical look after he sat back down. "How come they're letting us talk to people on the surface now and not yesterday? And why bother compensating people who don't have someone to talk to?" He thought out loud, his gaze following the guard handing out communication devices.

His gaze slid to Mikuru. "Oh yeah, what did the Headmaster talk to you about? I never got the chance to ask." Curiosity glinted in his eyes.

@Camilton

@VenomSlayer
@RunicFollower

@Rosehaven17

[You don't have to apologize for sleeping lol]

@LumaThePhoenix

((Sorry I fell asleep))

Aki said Mikuru "hey what's up?" Aki said with a small puzzled expression as see looked at her hands. Aki tried figuring out what happened earlier, but try as she might, she was just getting more confused and mad.

@Camilton

Mikuru looked over and saw Aki, she smiled, "Hi Aki!" She said and hugged Aki, "Sorry.. I just missed talking to you~" She acted as if they hadn't seen each other in years, even though it was just a few hours. 

Aaron made a quizzical look after he sat back down. "How come they're letting us talk to people on the surface now and not yesterday? And why bother compensating people who don't have someone to talk to?" He thought out loud, his gaze following the guard handing out communication devices.

His gaze slid to Mikuru. "Oh yeah, what did the Headmaster talk to you about? I never got the chance to ask." Curiosity glinted in his eyes.

@Camilton

@VenomSlayer
@RunicFollower

@Rosehaven17

[You don't have to apologize for sleeping lol]

@LumaThePhoenix

Mikuru turned to face Aaron hearing his question, she blushed immediately as she looked over at him. "Yesterday..?" Mikuru acted as if she was thinking, "I can't remember.. I think I was a little to tired.." She answered. Mikuru turned back to the phone, she had a number dialed in, her parents number. She felt tears rolling down her cheeks, "I can't do it.." she mumbled.

Aki laughs at the way Mikuru was taking. Happy that Mikuru was able to clear her thoughts. As Aki calm down she heard Mikuru crying. She immediately started rubbing her back and said it's okay over and over to calm Mikuru.

@Camilton

"I can't do it.." She just stared at the phone, then at Aki and hugged her tightly, "I can't do it!!" She cried into Aki's shoulder.  "I want to.. I really do.. What do I do..?" She asked and got her head off Aki's shoulder.

"shh, shh its ok... you have to if you don't want to, shh" Aki said to comfort her first true friend. "Remember that I am always here, shh" Aki continued to rock Mikuru knowing she needed it.

@Camilton

Aaron watched as Mikuru burst into tears. He desperately fumbled for something to say that would cheer her up, but his mind remained empty.

No one on the surface held any importance to him, despite it all - he felt envious of Mikuru's tears. How could he feel sympathy in a mind where none existed?

He had to, though. For Mikuru's sake. Had to find a memory where he felt what she was feeling right now. Like.. Like when..

"When my parents were still alive, I ran away from home." He whispered, unable to lift his gaze. "I felt bad, but I couldn't go back and face them. I just.. couldn't.

I think it was an hour later when the police found me and took me home, where they strangled me in a hug - tears running down their faces. I realized then that I hurt them more by keeping them worried than if I just let them know I was okay.." Aaron looked up. His face warmed. Did I just say that out loud?

@Camilton

@Rosehaven17

Tyson catches the schedule and glances over it while he listens to Sanders. Once the guard leaves, Ty follows the path as instructed until he reaches the canteen. Just as he arrives, he hears the announcement being spoken from the PA. This brings him to a sudden halt as he looks upward and contemplates using one of the phones. Instinctively, he's about to flag down the guard handing out the phones so that he can call his mother and let her know that he's still alive. However, he hesitates to do so because he didn't want to put her though the stress of knowing he's alive, but not being able to see him. Additionally, he still hasn't grown to trust his environment, so he doesn't want to chance putting her in danger. Tyson's dark brown eyes water, but he manages to keep tears from falling and tilts his head back down. He looks around and notices that there are others that appear to be somewhat like him. It would only be a matter of time before he would end up interacting with at least one of them. That would have to wait a moment, though as Ty turns his attention to the guard and walks up to him.

"Excuse me, sir. I'd like a black and gold bandanna please."

@Caffeine Freak

@VenomSlayer

@Rosehaven17

@RunicFollower

@Camilton

Mikuru looked over her shoulder at Aaron.  She hugged Aaron as he started talking, once he was done she looked up at him, "If you were trying to cheer me up, it worked. T-Thank you.." she whispered and hugged Aki, "Thank you.." she whispered again, and turned back to the phone. Mikuru sighed and clicked the green button, then put it on speaker, hearing the ring, hoping someone answer.

@Caffeine Freak

@Rosehaven17

Adrian Maxwell

Adrian gave a tired sigh as the guard came over to him, "Elisa Darthwell would like a sword as far as i know, and could i instead of this phone have a black leather jacket?" He asked as he cocked his head to the left slightly, he looked over at Aki and Aaron speaking to each other, he looked over at Mikuru as well, already calling someone, he let out a tired and slightly angered sigh, "I'll be walking around if you need me, or you'll see me in class," He said as he moved to stand, looking back at everyone, his eyes landed on Aki and smiled before he walked away, "Wonder what's Elisa doing?" He asked himself in a whisper as he exited the cafeteria. @Camilton @Rosehaven17 @Caffeine Freak @RunicFollower

[Namin' this one Kaito]

"A black leather Jacket." Kaito repeated, two fingers on his ear while surveying a checklist of sorts. "Yeah.. that's right, Maxwell." He seemingly replied to the voice on the other end.

"Excuse me, sir. I'd like a black and gold bandanna please."

Kaito heard the student behind him, and passed out the last phone before turning round. "A gold and black bandanna, huh?" Kaito looked down at his checklist before placing two fingers on his ear and repeating what the boy had told him. After a moment, Kaito looked back down at the student. "The Headmaster inquires if there is a specific pattern you'd prefer."

Aaron idly looked over at the guard, at Adrian making to leave and at the other boy asking for something. His attention turned back to Mikuru's phone. Each stretched dial tone beat along with his heart. Silently, he prayed that someone would pick up on the other end.

@LumaThePhoenix

@VenomSlayer

@Camilton

@Rosehaven17

[SIZE= 26px]Elisa Darthwell[/SIZE]

Elisa walked past Adrian and entered the cafeteria, she saw a guard handing out phones and her mood darkened, "That's just cruel," She said lowly as she walked up to the group, as the guard came towards her she sighed, "May i have a sword? I don't care if it's blunt," She said in a cold and emotionless tone, almost robotic to the guard in front of her.
@Camilton @Rosehaven17 @Caffeine Freak @RunicFollower

When Aki was given a phone she immediately put it in her back pocket out of sight, acting like she never got one. The guard not seeing this handed Aki another phone."Are these for keeps?" Aki asked one of the guards not really caring who answered or what was the answer as she she laid down on the bench trying to catch a few Z's.

@anyone

Mikuru listened to the dial tone, her breath shaky and her heart beating faster and faster, then the dial tone stopped, "Hello..?" it was a women's voice, Mikuru's eyes widened, and she looked over at Aaron before replying with, "H-Hi Mom.." Her mother gasped, and called over for her father to come to the phone, Mikuru hugged Aaron, and started crying again. "Miku.. Don't cry.." a man's soft voice came over the phone, Mikuru turned back to the phone, and started having a conversation with her parents, apologizing for everything she did before being taken. "I-I want you guys.. To meet Aaron.." She said softly, and looked over at him. "Is that a boyfriend..?" "Your all ready dating!?" "No! He's.. Just a friend! I promise!" Her mother laughed as her father sighed, "Lighten up dear. Hello Aaron." 

@Caffeine Freak

Elisa Darthwell

Elisa looked over at the scene occuring in front of her, she almost had a gag reflex as her eyes widened. What the...? We are half and half, remember? Oh, yeah, meaning i get all the good stuff and bad stuff... Great... The conversation ended within her mind she gave a small sigh as she looked back at the guard, "So, can i get that sword?" She asked again, (( @Caffeine Freak YOUR CUE! )) she gave a tired sigh before looking around at the others, Adrian had wandered back into the cafeteria and saw Elisa, he walked over to her and sighed, "So, want that sword still?" Adrian asked as he cocked his head to the side a little, looking over at Aki again and smiling, "Oh, seems you like someone," Elisa chimed with a chesire cat like smile, Adrians cheeks imediatly went red before he sighed, "Shut up..." He said shyly before Elisa laughed.

(( I HAVE NO HONOUR! ))

Want cool and epic geek loot? Such as Aliens, Big Bang Theory, Fallout or even just want some cool little things? Try LootCrate, also use this: http://looted.by/en7o0 gives you $5 off your first order!

*I do this out of the fact I get $5 off if someone uses this, ._. Do not judges me.*

@Caffeine Freak @Camilton @RunicFollower @Rosehaven17

Elisa Darthwell

Elisa looked over at the scene occuring in front of her, she almost had a gag reflex as her eyes widened. What the...? We are half and half, remember? Oh, yeah, meaning i get all the good stuff and bad stuff... Great... The conversation ended within her mind she gave a small sigh as she looked back at the guard, "So, can i get that sword?" She asked again, (( @Caffeine Freak YOUR CUE! )) she gave a tired sigh before looking around at the others, Adrian had wandered back into the cafeteria and saw Elisa, he walked over to her and sighed, "So, want that sword still?" Adrian asked as he cocked his head to the side a little, looking over at Aki again and smiling, "Oh, seems you like someone," Elisa chimed with a chesire cat like smile, Adrians cheeks imediatly went red before he sighed, "Shut up..." He said shyly before Elisa laughed.

(( I HAVE NO HONOUR! ))

Want cool and epic geek loot? Such as Aliens, Big Bang Theory, Fallout or even just want some cool little things? Try LootCrate, also use this: http://looted.by/en7o0 gives you $5 off your first order!

*I do this out of the fact I get $5 off if someone uses this, ._. Do not judges me.*

@Caffeine Freak @Camilton @RunicFollower @Rosehaven17

lol

"I don't need a call, there is a special book I would like from a group of monks that taught me , if you could give them this letter they will give you the book also there location is on the back of the letter, please don't hurt them ."

Kaito nodded, adding blankly, "Whether or not people on the surface are hurt is up to our discretion. With this letter, however, it seems the recon team won't need to resort to such methods." He pocketed the letter and moved on.

"May I have a sword, I don't care if it's blunt."

Kaito didn't even look at the checklist as he gave his answer. "The Headmaster has decreed that weapons of any kind are not to be-" The security guard paused, raising his fingers to his ear. "Yes sir. ...Yes, I am speaking to her now... Yes sir." Kaito looked back up. "The Headmaster accepts your request, but has asked me to inform you that an execution chamber awaits you should you take his generosity for granted." Was all he said as he continued on.

"Are these for keeps?" Another student asked him. Kaito efficiently replied with, "These communication devices are single use. Once a call has expired, the device becomes useless."

@VenomSlayer @Rosehaven17 @RunicFollower

Meanwhile, Aaron watched silently as the phone Mikuru held flickered to life.

"Hello..?"

"H-Hi Mom.."

Aaron went rigid as Mikuru threw her arms around him.

"I-I want you guys.. To meet Aaron.."

"Y-Yo." Aaron suppressed the cringe.

"Is that a boyfriend..?" 

"Your all ready dating!?"

A sort of noise escaped Aaron's mouth. Halfway between a 'What?!?' and 'NO!'

"Hello Aaron." The female voice greeted him.

..Kelly, that's what the Headmaster said earlier. "Hello, uh, Mrs Kelly." Aaron replied, failing to contain the awkwardness in his voice.

@Camilton

"Ok" sighing Aki dialed a number.*ring.... ring... ring* [this is in German if any character understand this] "Hello, who the f*ck is this, and how did you get this number!?"an angry voice replied "It your boss, that's who!!!" Aki shouted at the phone. "B-boss?" the voice now meek and stuttered as everyone listening could hear a gasp and shouts. "Hold operations, I'm out the area. I need to hide the things... {whispers} and hide powers as well! I'll check later on a different number. Make sure it is seen though Jim. And Jim..." "Yes?" "Keep safe" "Ay Boss" Jim replies and hangs up. Sighing Aki pockets the phone (As well as any phone she knew she could get away with and not get blamed of them going missing) to mess with it later.

@anyone

"No need to be so formal, Just call me something other than Mrs Kelly." "I prefer Kris.. It's nice to now meet you Aaron, you better not-" "Kris! He seems like a nice young man, even if he's awkward around our daughter.." Mikuru giggled, "They're like this I'm sorry..." Mikuru whispered and put her head on his shoulder. "Aaron.. Where are you two..?  Your parents must be worried sick.. It's been a year, if I'm correct." Mikuru looked at Aaron, "M-Mom.. I don't think it's best to talk about that.." 
@Caffeine Freak

Users who are viewing this thread

Back