• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Boku no Hero: Peace Sign Academia OOC

Basically, you're thinking about it wrong. You're looking at it from a "is this more useful is this less useful" standpoint that takes into account out of character information and perspectives. It's the difference between being the player in the video game looking at the stats and maps and mission objectives and deciding equipment based on that, and ring the character in the game, with a much more limited and less objective perspective. Would a hero costume like that better? Yeah, it could be. But usefulness isn't always the point. And maximizing usefulness on the field with a seriously much greater deal of uncertainty and a much greater deal of pressure on your back than what you have as spectator, you just won't come up with the same things.

Basically, you're thinking about it wrong. You're looking at it from a "is this more useful is this less useful" standpoint that takes into account out of character information and perspectives. It's the difference between being the player in the video game looking at the stats and maps and mission objectives and deciding equipment based on that, and ring the character in the game, with a much more limited and less objective perspective. Would a hero costume like that better? Yeah, it could be. But usefulness isn't always the point. And maximizing usefulness on the field with a seriously much greater deal of uncertainty and a much greater deal of pressure on your back than what you have as spectator, you just won't come up with the same things.

Well, one of the things I've been told about making characters is try to integrate part of yourself into them to make it overall easier to RP them. I mean, if I ever signed up for a job like this I'd be focused on longevity. A dead hero is a worthless hero. And if you have to put more than what is necessary on the line for a simple task, it's a bad idea for someone that values their life as well. "But heroes go in without caring about that!" But frankly, not everyone is cut out to be an idealistic hero. This person just wants a reason to use their quirk legally, and get paid for it. You won't be paid for dying, or being put out of commission because you didn't have the ability to take some damage.

Well, one of the things I've been told about making characters is try to integrate part of yourself into them to make it overall easier to RP them. I mean, if I ever signed up for a job like this I'd be focused on longevity. A dead hero is a worthless hero. And if you have to put more than what is necessary on the line for a simple task, it's a bad idea for someone that values their life as well. "But heroes go in without caring about that!" But frankly, not everyone is cut out to be an idealistic hero. This person just wants a reason to use their quirk legally, and get paid for it. You won't be paid for dying, or being put out of commission because you didn't have the ability to take some damage.
I understand the idea you have there, but that way of thinking has one big flaw: you are pulling things out of context. If you want to get into the character's head, which is a commendable and I'd say rather central part of RPing and to an extent writing stories in general, your own view has to be deeply filtered by the context, culture, mindset and other context clues in the character's thinking process. Otherwise it's just a self-insert in maybe a light disguise. And while for some praticality is very important, for many in this society is less than a priority beyond some basics.

Besides, as I already stated, the odds of actually getting in hat much danger as a hero, provided you are even slightly competent, are minimal for the vast majority of them. No one's gonna shoot you while collecting trash, and even robbers are unlikely to have guns in most countries. Laws doubled and tripled down in application after quirks appeared, and even before most countries have little gun presence beyond the military, police and the occasional hunter (using guns here as a staple weapon you can't just counter with a well-trained body). What's left to fight are quirks and you can't counter those because they literally can be anything.

Lastly, even without being an ideal hero, if you had any expectation to fight seriously you are gonna risk your life. And not being the ideal hero, your other reasons for this would be wealth or fame, in most cases. Both of which are directly linked to your popularity (since paycheck as a hero is largely affected by your popularity). The world and history in particular are crammed with examples of professions like this too, by whichever i mean the real world and even entire warrior cultures (ancient Greeks, from the something period, I forget the exact name) even had a name for a concept that is similar to "honor and glory", the "arete", which manifested as a display of courage and glorifying yourself by succeeding against the odds and exposing yourself to danger for glory.

I understand the idea you have there, but that way of thinking has one big flaw: you are pulling things out of context. If you want to get into the character's head, which is a commendable and I'd say rather central part of RPing and to an extent writing stories in general, your own view has to be deeply filtered by the context, culture, mindset and other context clues in the character's thinking process. Otherwise it's just a self-insert in maybe a light disguise. And while for some praticality is very important, for many in this society is less than a priority beyond some basics.

Besides, as I already stated, the odds of actually getting in hat much danger as a hero, provided you are even slightly competent, are minimal for the vast majority of them. No one's gonna shoot you while collecting trash, and even robbers are unlikely to have guns in most countries. Laws doubled and tripled down in application after quirks appeared, and even before most countries have little gun presence beyond the military, police and the occasional hunter (using guns here as a staple weapon you can't just counter with a well-trained body). What's left to fight are quirks and you can't counter those because they literally can be anything.

Lastly, even without being an ideal hero, if you had any expectation to fight seriously you are gonna risk your life. And not being the ideal hero, your other reasons for this would be wealth or fame, in most cases. Both of which are directly linked to your popularity (since paycheck as a hero is largely affected by your popularity). The world and history in particular are crammed with examples of professions like this too, by whichever i mean the real world and even entire warrior cultures (ancient Greeks, from the something period, I forget the exact name) even had a name for a concept that is similar to "honor and glory", the "arete", which manifested as a display of courage and glorifying yourself by succeeding against the odds and exposing yourself to danger for glory.

Well maybe I'm overestimating how intelligent the villains actually will be. I mean, any smart villain would attack while you pick up trash. And certainly not a confrontation. A smart villain will pick off heroes that pose a threat to them while they aren't looking. All those times some hero like Mt.Lady finishes taking down a villain and scales herself down for the fans, that's the moment to strike. Put a .50 through her head, no need to be too close either. Rooftops are your best friend, especially with quirks leaning towards hit and run sniping, or stealth sniping. The black market exists, and so do homemade weapons. Homemade doesn't mean it's bad. But eh.

Yes, you are risking your life regardless. However there is a such thing as increasing survival chances. Even getting ballistic protection can protect against some quirks. A helmet with filtration can protect against gas based quirks or weapons. Also, you're still exposing yourself to danger whether you run in naked or run in with full gear sets. Either way, you shouldn't lose any popularity or glory for fighting with some common sense.

.....What the...what has happened.....did I die or something.....Jesus, I grind too much on my video games....

Well maybe I'm overestimating how intelligent the villains actually will be. I mean, any smart villain would attack while you pick up trash. And certainly not a confrontation. A smart villain will pick off heroes that pose a threat to them while they aren't looking. All those times some hero like Mt.Lady finishes taking down a villain and scales herself down for the fans, that's the moment to strike. Put a .50 through her head, no need to be too close either. Rooftops are your best friend, especially with quirks leaning towards hit and run sniping, or stealth sniping. The black market exists, and so do homemade weapons. Homemade doesn't mean it's bad. But eh.

Yes, you are risking your life regardless. However there is a such thing as increasing survival chances. Even getting ballistic protection can protect against some quirks. A helmet with filtration can protect against gas based quirks or weapons. Also, you're still exposing yourself to danger whether you run in naked or run in with full gear sets. Either way, you shouldn't lose any popularity or glory for fighting with some common sense.
No you're not overestimating villains, rather , you're forgetting the fact that society is overrun with heroes.

In fact stain's whole deal was about that. There were too many heroes, which meant only a tiny fraction of heroes were actual heroes and the rest were just mercenaries or powerless people showing off

You can't AIM to get a hero, because there's 20 more in the next corner. And even if you could, just getting a gun would involve being someone that gets into black market type dealings. Not something you'd waste on the run of the mill hero.

Also I've already stated this , but yeah some things will give you more survival chances, but always damage your reputation, likely decrease your skills due to reliance on equipment (using equipment and coming to rely on it are things that happen naturally without one realizing it), and in some cases you'd be worst off because of that equipment.

And finally, again, praticality is hardly a priority for a lot of pro heroes. Be it to save lives, for fame and glory, or whatever else, being a hero is a profession in which you either expect to do mundane tasks using your quirk or risk your life with it anyway.

PS: yes, you do loose a lot. Sacrificing style, showing off and courage by using equipment beyond your needs is detrimental to your image. In the public eye, it shows not caution but fear, that are acknowledging the enemy as a threat, conveying that so should the public, whereas the idea you're supposed to convey and the idea that make people put their trust in you is, as All Might puts it: "Never Fear!"/"It's Alright"

Last edited:
Rage Rage I put up a rule out of these kind of things, you seriously gotta stop asking questions about a conversation without bothering to read the context. It disturbs the flow of the OOC and if you care about what's being said, you'll find the five minutes it takes to catch up on what's going on. I'm losing patience with this. Be warned that if you keep this up, you'll be kicked out of the roleplay.

Rage Rage I put up a rule out of these kind of things, you seriously gotta stop asking questions about a conversation without bothering to read the context. It disturbs the flow of the OOC and if you care about what's being said, you'll find the five minutes it takes to catch up on what's going on. I'm losing patience with this. Be warned that if you keep this up, you'll be kicked out of the roleplay.
Didn't mean to make you mad.

hey y'all!! just got home, currently dying from heat and hw but otherwise, i am THRIVING on this lemon water. i had to walk in 100 F heat for a good 30 minutes Dx

No you're not overestimating villains, rather , you're forgetting the fact that society is overrun with heroes.

In fact stain's whole deal was about that. There were too many heroes, which meant only a tiny fraction of heroes were actual heroes and the rest were just mercenaries or powerless people showing off

You can't AIM to get a hero, because there's 20 more in the next corner. And even if you could, just getting a gun would involve being someone that gets into black market type dealings. Not something you'd waste on the run of the mill hero.

Also I've already stated this , but yeah some things will give you more survival chances, but always damage your reputation, likely decrease your skills due to reliance on equipment (using equipment and coming to rely on it are things that happen naturally without one realizing it), and in some cases you'd be worst off because of that equipment.

And finally, again, praticality is hardly a priority for a lot of pro heroes. Be it to save lives, for fame and glory, or whatever else, being a hero is a profession in which you either expect to do mundane tasks using your quirk or risk your life with it anyway.

PS: yes, you do loose a lot. Sacrificing style, showing off and courage by using equipment beyond your needs is detrimental to your image. In the public eye, it shows not caution but fear, that are acknowledging the enemy as a threat, conveying that so should the public, whereas the idea you're supposed to convey and the idea that make people put their trust in you is, as All Might puts it: "Never Fear!"/"It's Alright"
So basically by acknowledging the facts of life, they lose credibility. Well fine by me, most of this RP will revolve around the time spent in school. Not being a Pro Hero, which if we're lucky, will be very late game. Doesn't matter if they wear gear during the training/school period. Also, only some equipment would lower skill. Stuff like always having a mechanized exoskeleton, which increases stats quite a bit, and adds more functions. Body armor doesn't do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back