Black Butler: Jack the Ripper's Surviving Victim [Inactive]

Her hand felt even warmer than previously and it gave Annie a sense of permanence. Matthew would never leave her and she knew that, but something caused her alarm still. "Promise that you won't leave here without telling me."

"Yes, sir. I swear I will not set foot outside unless you are with me." Anastasia grinned as well, her fingers crossed behind her.

She immediately uncrossed her fingers. The amount of care and love he had shown her was definitely enough to make her cry. It was by far more than her parents, more specifically, her father had ever shown her. "I promise to stay inside unless I'm with you, Matthew." She showed him her hands as she said this. "I'm not hurt anymore."

He sighed, a bit relieved and smiled, "I'm really glad," He turned to leave the room, expecting she would want to spend some time alone.

Before Matthew knew what was happening, tiny legs and arms wrapped around one of his legs. "Don't leave me! What if they come back to get me?"

He stood wide-eyed and whispered, "I apologize, I only suspected you would want to be alone for a bit. I will stay if you'd like."

"I don't want to be alone. EVER!" The tears she was shedding onto his trousers came hard and fast. "You said you would always be there for me, or was that a lie? All I am and all I'll ever be is a snack to you?" She looked up, puffy eyed, at the beauty she witnessed.

He clenched his teeth together trying to remind himself she didn't mean it, "You're not just a snack, if I wanted you as a snack I would have accepted your first request, killed Grell, and devoured your soul.."

She hadn't thought about that. Her first contract idea. What had she done? She had upset him! "Matthew, I-I didn't mean that at all! I swear it!" She got up and hugged his waist from behind him, shaking her head back and forth against his coat. "I didn't mean that. I didn't mean that! Please don't be angry." She wanted to confess that she loved him, but couldn't bring herself to do it. "Please! I don't wanna lose anyone else!"

He tried calming down. He finally took a deep breath and sighed, "It's alright... That just really upset me.." He paused, "Demons aren't even supposed to feel anything..." He forced a smile onto his face, "At least I'm not an emotionless freak..."

"You're all I have left. Please don't leave me alone. I don't want anyone else leaving me because of my own mistakes!" She was trembling terribly. "I'm glad you feel better."

She slowly stopped her trembling as he held her to him. "Thank you, Matthew. I would never want you gone. You're like a daddy to me." Anastasia whispered. "I love you, Matthew. You are strong and nice and never ever break a promise." She kissed his lips for a second then turned away quickly.

He held her closer and whispered, "I love you too, Anastasia. I never want to lose you, if I did well... I don't know what I would do..."

"You will never lose me. We are bonded to each other. I could not escape you even if I wanted." Annie laid against him. "You mean everything to me and so much more." The maid from earlier came in. "My lady, I am Francine DeLaney. I shall serve as your maid alongside Matthew." She got on one knee. "It is an honor." The child held herself closer to Matt, but spoke. "The pleasure is mine, miss."

"Hmmm." She thought to herself. "How about we just take a walk? It's a beautiful day and then, maybe, we can go to the beach! I've always wanted to learn to swim!" She looked out the window to make sure the day was beautiful.

"Will you help me get my dress on, Matthew?" She squeezed his forearm in hopes that he would help her and not be uncomfortable about it. "I can't do it myself."

"Isn't it a bit improper for a man to dress a lady?" He tilted his head still questioning the action, "If you want me to however, I will. "

Francine moved him out of the room. "I'll do it, Matthew." She helped Annie into a light blue dress and put her hair in a braid then let him have her. "There you go. Isn't she the prettiest thing you ever saw?" She gushed over the little one.

"Isn't she just the prettiest thing you ever saw, Matthew?" Francine let the girl go back to him. Annie calmed down as soon as she felt his arms around her. "I missed you so much, Matthew." She was suffering from separation anxiety.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back