• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Beyond the Third Sky

princekyle said:
I'm unsure if I'm allowed to post yet?
And am I in the forest group (like it says in the op) or the plains group?
Plains, you were lying a few feet away from the fire unconcious.

Serious Roleplays are one thing.

Having literally everything go from 0 to 100 in a matter of minutes and a character death right off the bat? That feels cheap. :/

It wasn't purposeful, he made that clear. As a GM he has to make the world react according to the player's actions. Grace upset the turtle, the turtle moved. And I managed to hit the 5% that meant death. Just my lucky day is all.

[QUOTE="Yuffie Kisaragi]It wasn't purposeful, he made that clear. As a GM he has to make the world react according to the player's actions. Grace upset the turtle, the turtle moved. And I managed to hit the 5% that meant death. Just my lucky day is all.

[/QUOTE]
And a turtle whom of which no one in our group can beat in a fight and more than likely can't avoid.

This is what happens when one relies on RNG. The Random Number Gods are far too merciless.

SuperiorKunivas said:
And a turtle whom of which no one in our group can beat in a fight and more than likely can't avoid.

This is what happens when one relies on RNG. The Random Number Gods are far too merciless.
I mean, we're not supposed to fight it. And I think merciless is the exact point.

[QUOTE="Yuffie Kisaragi]I mean, we're not supposed to fight it. And I think merciless is the exact point.

[/QUOTE]
But this is brutal...

Like...fuck. We're at "Brutality" levels right now. :/

SuperiorKunivas said:

You must remember that no one in the group is big enough to the giant to see as a threat. But if someone lites it on fire, things get out of hand. Currently, it's likely looking for whatever mid-sized beast lit it a flame.

If you stay out if it's way, you'll likely he safe.

Now the slime creature on the other hand, you will have to deal with that.

If the dead person doesn't mind, you shouldn't either. And NB did say he would avoid mass life-saving checks like that in the future. This was just a one time thing.

OR IT BETTER BE NB

SuperiorKunivas said:
But this is brutal...

Like...fuck. We're at "Brutality" levels right now. :/
I weighted it heavily to avoid such things....

[QUOTE="Yuffie Kisaragi]If the dead person doesn't mind, you shouldn't either. And NB did say he would avoid mass life-saving checks like that in the future. This was just a one time thing.
OR IT BETTER BE NB

[/QUOTE]
I don't want to, I promise. If it can be avoided. It will be.

Hi. Xion here. Tip for everyone.

If you're wanting to post at 5:30 AM and your talking with the GM and he thinks it's a fantastically ironic and fun idea to set a forest on fire by complete accident, tell him to choke on whatever he is microwaving.

This is Tips with Xion.

Okay, okay. Firstly, not everyone lives in the same place. Different timezones are everywhere, and if @NeverBetter happens to not live in your country/area, well deal with it. Life is merciless, in case you couldn't tell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Xion136 said:
If you're wanting to post at 5:30 AM and your talking with the GM and he thinks it's a fantastically ironic and fun idea to set a forest on fire by complete accident, tell him to choke on whatever he is microwaving.

This is Tips with Xion.
HE TOLD YOU TO SET THE FUCKING FOREST ON FIRE

NB YOU PIECE OF SHIT

VioletShadow said:
Okay, okay. Firstly, not everyone lives in the same place. Different timezones are everywhere, and if @NeverBetter happens to not live in your country/area, well deal with it. Life is merciless, in case you couldn't tell.
Now now. Life is cruel, but it is far from merciless. We don't need anyone being negative. Seriously.

[QUOTE="Yuffie Kisaragi]HE TOLD YOU TO SET THE FUCKING FOREST ON FIRE
NB YOU PIECE OF SHIT

[/QUOTE]
....what?

Xion is saying that she was posting while talking to NB, mentioned that she was going to shoot fire with Grace, and ENCOURAGED THIS ACTION.

[QUOTE="Yuffie Kisaragi]Xion is saying that she was posting while talking to NB, mentioned that she was going to shoot fire with Grace, and ENCOURAGED THIS ACTION.

[/QUOTE]
...fuck.

@NeverBetter

We both goofed. I'm editing Grace to list her starting magic, since I only put it as her weapon and didn't list it under Abilities. I wasn't thinking when I made her sheet and I guess you weren't thinking either.

Xion136 said:
@NeverBetter
We both goofed. I'm editing Grace to list her starting magic, since I only put it as her weapon and didn't list it under Abilities. I wasn't thinking when I made her sheet and I guess you weren't thinking either.
I just assumed that since she had a wand she had magic.

[QUOTE="Yuffie Kisaragi]Xion is saying that she was posting while talking to NB, mentioned that she was going to shoot fire with Grace, and ENCOURAGED THIS ACTION.

[/QUOTE]
I dared him.

Normal people don't actually take a dare when the GM does it.

Also, as he so said last night, despite what i said, she was going to do it.

Also, throughout the conversation, I was laughing manically and trying to signify it was a bad thing.

Xion136 said:

This is Tips with Xion.
No throwing me under the bus for this, buddy boy.

I made it very clear with my acting that it was not a smart idea. I outright DARED you to do it. Normally, people don't just do it when the person saying do it is laughing like a madman and has had approximately two hours of sleep, and at that saying "Do it!" like a madman. And you had plenty of time to edit your post to retcon it if you didn't want the result, because I was in chat with you when i began the death-saving throws. You knew what I was doing at that point and had all the power to retcon.

NeverBetter said:
I just assumed that since she had a wand she had magic.
I dared him.

Normal people don't actually take a dare when the GM does it.

Also, as he so said last night, despite what i said, she was going to do it.

Also, throughout the conversation, I was laughing manically and trying to signify it was a bad thing.

No throwing me under the bus for this, buddy boy.

I made it very clear with my acting that it was not a smart idea. I outright DARED you to do it. Normally, people don't just do it when the person saying do it is laughing like a madman and has had approximately two hours of sleep, and at that saying "Do it!" like a madman. And you had plenty of time to edit your post to retcon it if you didn't want the result, because I was in chat with you when i began the death-saving throws. You knew what I was doing at that point and had all the power to retcon.
Oh so you're telling me it's PERFECTLY OKAY TO RETCON IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED THE THROWS? I'm sorry for thinking that maybe that was meta gaming or not.

Fucksake Riki why don't you tell me that's okay so I can avoid making my day EVEN FUCKING WORSE.

Xion136 said:
Oh so you're telling me it's PERFECTLY OKAY TO RETCON IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED THE THROWS? I'm sorry for thinking that maybe that was meta gaming or not.
Fucksake Riki why don't you tell me that's okay so I can avoid making my day EVEN FUCKING WORSE.
As a rule of RP until the GM recognizes an action or it has been reached as a group consensus post the action and the action was the result of major drama, a post or chain of posts can be retconned in sake of improving the result if it was so completely undesirable that it threw the game way beyond into drama territory. At this point i feel a retcon may be necessary, despite my reluctance to go with that over what the game had decided would happen, instead because I would rather just move on.

It's not canon until it's recognized officially by the host. That's how most of the people I know run their games, and it's how I run mine. If you think of another action to take that you really wish to retcon for? It's fine to. Your choices have consequences once locked in, though. And they become locked in only when I hit the post reply button.

NeverBetter said:
As a rule of RP until the GM recognizes an action or it has been reached as a group consensus post the action and the action was the result of major drama, a post or chain of posts can be retconned in sake of improving the result if it was so completely undesirable that it threw the game way beyond into drama territory. At this point i feel a retcon may be necessary, despite my reluctance to go with that over what the game had decided would happen, instead because I would rather just move on.
It's not canon until it's recognized officially by the host. That's how most of the people I know run their games, and it's how I run mine. If you think of another action to take that you really wish to retcon for? It's fine to. Your choices have consequences once locked in, though. And they become locked in only when I hit the post reply button.
Well no one told me that rule, Riki.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back