• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Beyond the Third Sky

NeverBetter said:
Actually, the water is oil.
Picard-Wtf.jpg

NB you confused Caesar and Aurielius in your post

Caesar ran away from the fire like a sensible comic relief

EM'B;e

RV KLFADNBVGHUJKFDZCVJ;KAFDNAF'RGS,A

OOHIUWDHBAUISFD VUISDSVABJVN;IOJFDSAC jKAV;EV

edited: after i read your fucking piece of shit post yolu sbfuiqbf

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my god, a death so soon? The roleplay quite literally just started! But excitement is important. #BlameXion definitely has a more serious meaning now. I should have carried on letting Xenith fly...(:'()

NeverBetter said:
Don't even.
Don't

You

Even.

Not after what I just had to write.
oof, wow. bad timing on posting that on my part. this is... i can see why you knew there'd be backlash, now. that's rough. yikes.

certainly shows us all how high the stakes are, though.

ALSO I'M FUCKING CONFUSED

so wasn't eclair and the girl who decided throwing oil on the fire was a decent idea with you know, the fire group?

SO how did the flames from that group cause the turtle with the deer and lake group to wake up?

rusticyawn said:
oof, wow. bad timing on posting that on my part. this is... i can see why you knew there'd be backlash, now. that's rough. yikes.
OH SHUT THE FUCK UP THIS ISN'T HIGH STAKES THIS IS BULLSHIT I DID LITERALLY NOTHING BUT EXIST AND IT GOT ME KILLED

rusticyawn said:
Yep. You can't toy around with a game like this. Everything has concequences.

VioletShadow said:
Oh my god, a death so soon? The roleplay quite literally just started! But excitement is important. #BlameXion definitely has a more serious meaning now. I should have carried on letting Xenith fly...(:'()
I was hoping to avoid another critical failure. Players with an average Physical stat only needed to roll an 8, and she started with half of that on a 20 roll, the odds were against failure....

[QUOTE="Yuffie Kisaragi]NB you confused Caesar and Aurielius in your post
Caesar ran away from the fire like a sensible comic relief

EM'B;e

RV KLFADNBVGHUJKFDZCVJ;KAFDNAF'RGS,A

OOHIUWDHBAUISFD VUISDSVABJVN;IOJFDSAC jKAV;EV

edited: after i read your fucking piece of shit post yolu sbfuiqbf

[/QUOTE]
I didn't read a movement from your char, and Aurelius was in the fire.

[QUOTE="Yuffie Kisaragi]ALSO I'M FUCKING CONFUSED
so wasn't eclair and the girl who decided throwing oil on the fire was a decent idea with you know, the fire group?

SO how did the flames from that group cause the turtle with the deer and lake group to wake up?

OH SHUT THE FUCK UP THIS ISN'T HIGH STAKES THIS IS BULLSHIT I DID LITERALLY NOTHING BUT EXIST AND IT GOT ME KILLED

[/QUOTE]
Pretty princess shot fire at the next big enemy by accident.

NeverBetter said:
And a giant enemy... nay, two giant enemies, we're on them.
I'm sorry @NeverBetter, but I am slightly confused at the moment. Are the two groups combining? Why is the monster in the 'Dying Plains' attacking the woodland group? I would prefer if you would make that clear in your post. Thanks

VioletShadow said:
I'm sorry @NeverBetter, but I am slightly confused at the moment. Are the two groups combining? Why is the monster in the 'Dying Plains' attacking the woodland group? I would prefer if you would make that clear in your post. Thanks
It's not, the Dying Plains group can, however, see the monster that the Forest Cove group had attack them. Basically, in the Forest Cove, Grace accidently shot fire out at a random location in the general direction of their next enemy by accident, which ignited the enemy they're facing, which was originally the Cove the of the Forest Cove group's name.

[QUOTE="Yuffie Kisaragi] OH SHUT THE FUCK UP THIS ISN'T HIGH STAKES THIS IS BULLSHIT I DID LITERALLY NOTHING BUT EXIST AND IT GOT ME KILLED

[/QUOTE]
i'm sorry. i didn't realize how insensitive it sounded. i apologize.

[QUOTE="Yuffie Kisaragi]"Just by the way, does any one have a swimsuit on them? There's just a few things I wanted to check out." Caear commented loudly to the whole group, bringing his eyes away from the piece of ground that he had been staring at for the previous several moments, his mind having wandered elsewhere. Of course, they immediately landed towards where he thought he could see a silhouette. And then there was a huge flash of light from somewhere,causing Caesar to cry out in surprise and fall to his knees, rubbing his eyes and blinking repeatedly until he gained sight once more. Fortunately, he did manage to regain his eyesight right before the area all around him burst into flames. "What the HELL IS HAPPENING!" He yelled, leaping to his feet as the flames encircled him. His mind was wheeling, progressively attempting to put together the clues of what had happened, unfortunately his brief time in the Water Park AU clouded certain critical ideas. "Does anyone have a huge tub of water perhaps? That would likely be a decent idea when it comes to you know, putting out the forest fire that someone decided would be a good idea to start." He commented sarcastically, leaping through the flames towards a currently unburnt area before he was trapped in the bonfire.

[/QUOTE]
Xion136 said:
Aurielius? He was standing in the fire. "...well uh. Okay. Who set the fire and why does it feel like a warm blanket?" He asked, looking around himself.
NeverBetter said:
Ceaser, despite only feeling a warm blanket on his body, is in fact still sitting in a fire pit. Due to complete disregard for his own safety, he takes a minor burn. Physical checks are only slightly hindered, but your Proffecient stat is no longer considered Proffecient until recovered.
NeverBetter said:
Yep. You can't toy around with a game like this. Everything has concequences.
I was hoping to avoid another critical failure. Players with an average Physical stat only needed to roll an 8, and she started with half of that on a 20 roll, the odds were against failure....

I didn't read a movement from your char, and Aurelius was in the fire.

Pretty princess shot fire at the next big enemy by accident.
I'm not about to take a debuff because you can't read, especially after you decided that it's great game design to roll a life-saving check on literally everybody in the group because one person did one thing.

rusticyawn said:
i'm sorry. i didn't realize how insensitive it sounded. i apologize.
I'm not mad at you you just happened to say something that allowed me to throw more anger at NB, no reason for apologies. If anything I'm sorry for putting you in the crossfire.

[QUOTE="Yuffie Kisaragi]I'm not about to take a debuff because you can't read, especially after you decided that it's great game design to roll a life-saving check on literally everybody in the group because one person did one thing.

[/QUOTE]
You won't be, I will fix it. Aurielius is, however, already taking fire damage, to my knowledge. Reguardless, I will fix it.

Also, I doubted you could fail a check that easy on a 20 roll.

[QUOTE="Yuffie Kisaragi]I'm not mad at you you just happened to say something that allowed me to throw more anger at NB, no reason for apologies. If anything I'm sorry for putting you in the crossfire.

[/QUOTE]
Blame RNGESUS hon. Also, fixed your issue.

#BlameXion.

NeverBetter said:
You won't be, I will fix it. Aurielius is, however, already taking fire damage, to my knowledge. Reguardless, I will fix it.
Also, I doubted you could fail a check that easy on a 20 roll.
Oh, Krika really appreciates that doubt.

So yeah, you killed a character that I was invested in because you know, luck of the draw. Sorry!

I wouldn't be pissed if it had been me who made the action that killed me. As it is, it's BS that you put a potentially killing check on everyone even though they had nothing to do with the person that made the decision.

I understand everyone's point, if my character was killed, I would be pretty sad, possibly angry. The first vampire? Poof! She's dead! No more vampires for all eternity, gg everyone gg.

[QUOTE="Yuffie Kisaragi]Oh, Krika really appreciates that doubt.
So yeah, you killed a character that I was invested in because you know, luck of the draw. Sorry!

I wouldn't be pissed if it had been me who made the action that killed me. As it is, it's BS that you put a potentially killing check on everyone even though they had nothing to do with the person that made the decision.

[/QUOTE]
Quite sadly, the actions of others affects the world around. If there were no concequences to the action, and we're they not severe, then it would have been as good as a planned and written action.

Originally, the beast was going to wake up slowly whilst you all were asleep and you would have to deal with the challenge of getting down. But then things.

At that, let it be a lesson to all players. ANY action can have consequences that are negative or positive. Normally nothing as dire as awakening a giant primordial beast and killing someone, but that it a word to the wise. You're free to do whatever you want. I only host the game and make the world react to it. Would I had rathered everyone get out of that minorly injured? Yes, but then the choice would have no impact. People can fight and survive and travel even when wounded, it will slow them down but they can. It's not a serious impact. And the point of this game is to let every action you make matter. Be it in tiny ripples or great waves.

Killing a character off is never an easy thing to do. I half considered throwing put the roll to avoid all this, but if I did that, it would make the game mean less. Even if you lot didn't know, I would. And I will not lie to my players on that aspect. I want the idea behind this game to mean something, and mean it for real. I know not everything that is going to happen is going to be popular. Nor is it going to be the best action. But I must, must bring it to life as best as I can.

I hope to in future avoid a en-mass Life-saving check in the future, in fact I hope to avoid them in the future entirly, but you all have weight in this world, and even a ripple can create a wave.

Very nicely explained, a serious roleplay seems good to me. Just looking at the first few scenes, you can tell how deadly it is.

Edit: If you can't handle it, then you might as well leave. I don't think @NeverBetter will kill off those with only one character, otherwise it's practically kicking someone out of the roleplay. So don't think you're going to be instantly removed, you could even just create another character if need be.

As much as i despise rng (I rolled extremely low numbers for tolan and xicor alike)

I am surprised tolan survived with the grapple :D

Xicor on the other hand suffered injuries AND is stunned...fuck.

I can see some really fucked up shit happening later on with my shitty luck as it is.

May I suggest we abandon grace in a ditch somewhere? she'l be more trouble than worth.

I chuckled on the Hektor check, he just ran and is safe. while Fia is busy throing OIL onto the fire xD

Scrapmaster said:
May I suggest we abandon grace in a ditch somewhere? she'l be more trouble than worth.
I chuckled on the Hektor check, he just ran and is safe. while Fia is busy throing OIL onto the fire xD
haha, fia's the one doing the flame dance - you're thinking of rea. poor rea, by the way - all she's tried to do is help, and look where it's got her! her and grace should form bad luck squad.

I need more people to reply (>.<) before I can continue

I'd prefer it if @Scrapmaster would react to Xenith being a 'hero'.

Where has the forest group gone? I guess time zones and busy schedules take part in this predicament.

Tolan'l surely react, but he might come off as extremely cold.

He's the type of guy who would witness the slaughter of all his friends and his reaction would be a simple "Hmph".

Scrapmaster said:
Tolan'l surely react, but he might come off as extremely cold.
He's the type of guy who would witness the slaughter of all his friends and his reaction would be a simple "Hmph".
I've read his description, no worries, but I'd like you to write something as acknowledgement in the roleplay, if you currently have time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back