• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Beat of Drums (WW1 RP Always Accepting <3 )

An Unknown Person]( [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/28791-thesourpunchlime/ said:
@TheSourPunchLime[/URL] and @RealityEntity sorry to say this in IC....but you two are easy targets for enemy snipers...and there are no snipers in your side to kill them :D )
I'm a sniper. Am I like the only Russian sniper? lol

[QUOTE="Veyd Sahvoz]I'm a sniper. Am I like the only Russian sniper? lol

[/QUOTE]
(Unless this is a serious bending history of WW1 then you're not xD Germans had snipers since the start, British started training snipers in the middle of WWI and other nations in the end/after WWI )

I know that lol, I'm pretty sure I've done my research. Did you read my characters cs? I'm using a ptrd which is an anti-tank riflw that can hit targets 1000 meters (or yards, I'm not sure) away, it also uses a scope. Since in WWI the Russians didn't have designated snipers they modified the moisan nagat with a scope so they could use it as a sniper rifle. However, the ptrd can be modified to be a sniper as well. > :)

No questions!! I rest my case!

[QUOTE="Veyd Sahvoz]I know that lol, I'm pretty sure I've done my research. Did you read my characters cs? I'm using a ptrd which is an anti-tank riflw that can hit targets 1000 meters (or yards, I'm not sure) away, it also uses a scope. Since in WWI the Russians didn't have designated snipers they modified the moisan nagat with a scope so they could use it as a sniper rifle. However, the ptrd can be modified to be a sniper as well. > :)
No questions!! I rest my case!

[/QUOTE]
OBJECTION!

PTRD was produced and used from early 1941 in WW2! we are in 1914 (WW1), the Russians didn't use snipers or Modified weapons in the very early or middle of WW1, the Germans started it and the British army copied it XDD.

Edit: Sources say: "The PTRD suffered from numerous flaws; the most notable are the lack of penetration versus enemy vehicles and inability to aim accurately with a telescopic sight, which frustrated PTRD teams, its size and weight which hampered its mobility and deployment, and its immense muzzle blast which gave away the unit's firing position. The PTRD was eventually replaced by the RPG series of anti-tank rocket launchers"

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Veyd Sahvoz]Ya ya, whatever. Already been using it so meh. It's an AU as well

[/QUOTE]
Well...just saying...your char going to suffer a lot with that weapon xDD

[QUOTE="Veyd Sahvoz]I honestly do not care. Gonna prove you all wrong! xD I got a pistol still

[/QUOTE]
Nope, my Mosin could take you down easily, since you're seriously shooting like crazy and the germans know your location, since the PTRD leaves a large as hell cloud of dirt/snow/debris

Last edited by a moderator:
Which is why you don't stay in one spot you keep on the move and in the shadow, one step ahead. I know what I'm doing, don't judge!

[QUOTE="Veyd Sahvoz]Which is why you don't stay in one spot you keep on the move and in the shadow, one step ahead. I know what I'm doing, don't judge!

[/QUOTE]
And by now the enemy could easily judge your pattern and your reduced speed can make an easy target for snipers :D

So if this is based during WW1 I just have to ask.

Why exactly are women openly on the battlefield, I mean that wasn't allowed by just about any country at the time, I mean sure they could dress as men and sneak into the war but there are women in this just leading squads of men without even so much as a fake mustache.

Leusis said:
So if this is based during WW1 I just have to ask.
Why exactly are women openly on the battlefield, I mean that wasn't allowed by just about any country at the time, I mean sure they could dress as men and sneak into the war but there are women in this just leading squads of men without even so much as a fake mustache.
I'm still trying to understand that, and also they are pretty much run 'n gun killing Germans and even to the point of using WW2 weapons.

This seems less like a WW1 RP and more of a "Hey lets wreck germans because everybody knows they're the bad guys"

Leusis said:
This seems less like a WW1 RP and more of a "Hey lets wreck germans because everybody knows they're the bad guys"
Yeah...and the same person using the PTRD is a Russian sniper, even if in 1914 only Germans had 'sniper units'.

And the same person with the PTRD kept shooting from the same place over and over again (As stated about the PTRD, the cloud of dust/snow/debris by the shot could easily alert enemies and he was supposed to be already killed)

Also...PTRD is confirmed to be almost useless when using a scope.

I can't really say anything about people not knowing much about how effective all the weaponry was and such, or even understand just how deadly fighting was in this war because not everybody is a history buff like me. I'm just curious as to how and why women are actively participating in battles and why this rp seems to be centered around just slaughtering germans as if they couldn't even fight back, especially considering they had one of, if not the best trained military in the first year or so of the war.

Leusis said:
I can't really say anything about people not knowing much about how effective all the weaponry was and such, or even understand just how deadly fighting was in this war because not everybody is a history buff like me. I'm just curious as to how and why women are actively participating in battles and why this rp seems to be centered around just slaughtering germans as if they couldn't even fight back, especially considering they had one of, if not the best trained military in the first year or so of the war.
Yeah...and if you read (I don't rememeber which) page, a person used a throwing knife over 2,000m or something

Idek what the fuck is going on. I'm trying to get my head around why this is simple, why there are women in the army, and why everything seems so out of wack just as mich as you all are.

I dunno if I'm going to stay on this :P it just is all over the place, one liners everywhere, everyone doing whatever (which is why I'm doing what I'm doing) and all that.

[QUOTE="Veyd Sahvoz]I dunno if I'm going to stay on this :P it just is all over the place, one liners everywhere, everyone doing whatever (which is why I'm doing what I'm doing) and all that.

[/QUOTE]
I have an ideia to make this RP more fun, I'll make Cound Von Count

Users who are viewing this thread

Back