[Astrum: Heavens] The Galactic Cantina

Sorry for the long delay. I have finally posted yay~! xD This week promises cooler temps and a less stressful week.

[QUOTE="Wolf Rawrrr]My first mission couldn't have turned out more fucked up lol

[/QUOTE]
Yes. Yes it could have.

... Trust me. :cool:

I won't lie, there weren't all that many win-win paths in that scenario.

Not without patience at least. ;)

[nebulatasticlevel=9001]

:cool:

I just finished one of the best games of Civ V, I've ever played! Woot woot!

[media]
[/media]
339radl.jpg

I've also played over 200 hours of Civilization V now, I'm not sure why that feels like an accomplishment, but it does!

[/nebulatasticlevel]

Yes I agree with you HighDarkLord, but I was too confident in my race, so when the trouble started I was already tired of complications and having nothing to show for it, so I couldn't just pick up and leave - and the alternative was bludgeoning through everything. I did not expect the aliens to have an entire army down there... I dunno what I expected... Something like Ilos from Mass Effect with a few surviving people.

And here they are all happily stranded and loving it, though I'm beginning to think they're not stranded at all, dunno why... Just seems odd that they could all survive for that long if they really were cut off from everything else.

[QUOTE="Wolf Rawrrr]Yes I agree with you HighDarkLord, but I was too confident in my race, so when the trouble started I was already tired of complications and having nothing to show for it, so I couldn't just pick up and leave - and the alternative was bludgeoning through everything. I did not expect the aliens to have an entire army down there... I dunno what I expected... Something like Ilos from Mass Effect with a few surviving people.
And here they are all happily stranded and loving it, though I'm beginning to think they're not stranded at all, dunno why... Just seems odd that they could all survive for that long if they really were cut off from everything else.

[/QUOTE]
Hehehehe I learned that lesson early on...

Testing

This was a triumph. I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS

It's hard to overstate my satisfaction.

You'll learn Wolf. NBRPs often involve lots of complications that result in nothing substantial to show for it. They're a slow, patient game with lots of RP and strategy mixed together. Never expect something to be easy, never expect it to go your way, and you'll do fine. If there aren't complications, just like with any real life plan, its probably a trap.

[QUOTE="Wolf Rawrrr]Huh. Thanks for the heads up *bark*

[/QUOTE]
Ohh ya speaking of a heads up, you should push up your own nation with research and monument construction. You want to do better build your self better. I already got lasers, and plasma weapons, and at the moment working on shield base technology.

Yes, I have to admit unfortunately I have not dabbled in that at all. So far I've been playing this as if it was a regular Sci-Fi game lol :D

In the start I was put off by lack of a techtree display, because I didn't know what to queue up for research/construction. Or perhaps I've missed it. Maybe I should browse through the guide again when I have the time. It's a shame I know, because those things take time and I could have already done alot if I tried :P

general[/URL] & navy), new units (e.g. snipers or some new elite dudes) have to be researched.

There are also various other projects you can try to do, construction of buildings and monuments, and passing political reforms. Technology also isn't limited to just the military (obviously), you can research terraforming technology, infrastructural improvements, etc..

It's a good idea to take a look at your nation, your national goal and any ideas/goals you might have in your mind and then produce/research/reform things, that would strive for said goal. Also, don't hesitate to contact me via PM, with any questions or ponderings! :P

I would like to point out that Freeman does have over a full years head start on the us though Wolf ;)

And you can also always ask myself or Freeman. We're always willing to help guide a new player a bit through stuff, especially considering none of our sides have actually met each other xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back