Arcanix Darsonnia's Notepad (OOCness) [Fire and Water]

I've always noticed that in rpgs awareness or its variants are always the dump ability. Kind of cost us hard in a Star Wars game we once had.

Yes, this is largely... Dunno.

Perception is seldom used at all, and also Intelligence, unless you are rolling Occult and Lore...

Just an FYI: I'm putting a deliberate time lapse between Metallic Madness and Battle in the Jungle, so don't think I've forgotten about the defense system being activated. ^_^

Also: Do consider that some actions may be a double-edged sword. ^_^

xarvh said:
Yes, this is largely... Dunno.
Perception is seldom used at all, and also Intelligence, unless you are rolling Occult and Lore...
Intelligence annoys me, because its a glorious dump stat, unless you need it for *Some Fiddly Thing* where all of a sudden you have to be heavily invested in it.

Str and Manipulation/Charisma make good ones as well - you only need one of the pair.

I suppose that is a bit because Intelligence is really rather binary. You either know something, or you don't. And there's very little drama in situations where you have plenty of time to deduce something (Intelligence) vs OHSHITWHATDOIDO (Wits).

Sarodinian said:
I suppose that is a bit because Intelligence is really rather binary. You either know something, or you don't. And there's very little drama in situations where you have plenty of time to deduce something (Intelligence) vs OHSHITWHATDOIDO (Wits).
It's also that the primary uses of Intellect - crafting and sorcery - at a decidedly different time scale compared to the primary uses of say, Dexterity.

Perception and Intelligence are pretty important for sorcerers, especially if they take attack spells.

Also Perception and Awareness are important in combat, and I can't think of even one character of mine who didn't have at least 1 dot in Awareness. It's also important to lower the chances of re-setablishing surprise against you.

Meh. I'd remake WWS if I could, to reflect the decidedly different party composition than when we started out, but such is life.

Why?

WWS is our best sorcerer... Also, between Renna, Edge and DC we have quite some Awareness...

Mmh, since the initial configuration changed, maybe Sarondinian will let you swap a few points here and there...?

EDIT: Midboss, rule of drama number 271: "You don't kill an important villain by drowning, especially when his super-vessel will be there to save his ass."

I'm dealing with the super vessel problem as we speak.

I guess his armor has scuba gear in it. (considering all the other power armor options it has) Still, gonna be a long walk back home on the bottom of the ocean.

xarvh said:
Why?
WWS is our best sorcerer... Also, between Renna, Edge and DC we have quite some Awareness...

Mmh, since the initial configuration changed, maybe Sarondinian will let you swap a few points here and there...?
Honestly?

WWS as currently statted doesn't actually *do* her schtick well enough for my tastes. She's got a bunch of lingering charms from a "Lunar Melee Buffs" Sorcerer, which is way harder to do than a Solar, and a concept I kind of abandoned.

She's also got considerably more kill in crafting than she needs given the Artifact Junkie and Salesman.

I wouldn't *utterly* remake her, but I'd give her at least one proper quick-cast offensive spell, and give up any pretensions of surviving in melee - because without a perfect defense of some kind, she can't reliably do that *anyway*. And with how XP consumptive spells are, I don't see myself picking up either of the Lunar perfects any time soon.

So I realize its non-obvious to other people, so Wind's plan, until information changes, is the following:

She's gonna fly herself towards/into the Soulsteel warship. While Thunderchild won't do much damage, she's got a plan. It involves channeling Essence, lots and lots of Essence, and essentially trigger an intentional Shape Sorcery backlash.

...and stunt her way out of the ensuing Essence conflagration.

That's assuming certain things don't happen as a result of The Breaker being tied to your anchor. That armor of his is very heavy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back