• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Another welian trainwreck: Dumb Superhero Academy Shenanigans

High School or University setting?

• High School setting (students aged 14 to 18)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • University (students aged 18 to 22)

• Welian, we know damn well you have a backup plan for combining both.

• Total voters
So I'm now leaning heavily towards Telekinesis and possibly Telekinetic constructs, as I was previously (before wanting a more 'general' set of psychic powers).

Hopefully that's considered less overpowered, although I may still try cramming a couple more powers in...

Again, not doing it for power or OP-ness, I just like having a lot of options/utility.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a preview - behold, the Heroism Meter!

Less HeroicPointsMore HeroicTotalDescription
Flighty
▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮​
Courageous00Do they have a pair of steel, or do they prefer to exit before chaos strikes?
Selfish
▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮​
Altruistic00Are they motivated to help others, or do they help themselves first?
Chaotic
▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮​
Orderly00Are laws and regulations "suggestions", or written in stone?
Cruel
▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮​
Kind00Are they genuinely nice to people, or do they enjoy causing distress?
Reactionary
▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮​
Proactive00Are they content to watch events unfold, or do they jump in and guide things?

There's no set amount of points to distribute among the traits - some characters will be genuinely good people, and some won't. That's life. Each heroic trait (or lack thereof) goes up to nine points, with 5 being right in the middle.

welian said:
Here's a preview - behold, the Heroism Meter!
Flighty
▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮​
Courageous00Do they have a pair of steel, or do they prefer to exit before chaos strikes?
Selfish
▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮​
Altruistic00Are they motivated to help others, or do they help themselves first?
Chaotic
▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮​
Orderly00Are laws and regulations "suggestions", or written in stone?
Cruel
▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮​
Kind00Are they genuinely nice to people, or do they enjoy causing distress?
Reactionary
▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮​
Proactive00Are they content to watch events unfold, or do they jump in and guide things?

There's no set amount of points to distribute among the traits - some characters will be genuinely good people, and some won't. That's life. Each heroic trait (or lack thereof) goes up to nine points, with 5 being right in the middle.
I shall have fun with this!

[QUOTE="Lilah Tunth]I shall have fun with this!

[/QUOTE]
Same, I'm feeling a little apathy coming onto this character, a selfish reactionary he might be.

HunterJJ said:
Same, I'm feeling a little apathy coming onto this character, a selfish reactionary he might be.
Mine will probably chaotic and flighty

Strange (NOT!), but she will also not be full on bad

[QUOTE="Lilah Tunth]
Mine will probably chaotic and flighty
Strange, but she will also not be full on bad

[/QUOTE]
I'm looking forward to that, your font is killing me though lmao.

P.S This sig is perfect if I say so myself.

It occurred to me that you all might like to see what one looks like filled out. I'll use a character of mine that @Zahzi and @Giyari would recognize, Jules. She's basically a timid perfectionist.

Flighty
▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮​
Courageous03Do they have a pair of steel, or do they prefer to exit before chaos strikes?
Selfish
▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮​
Altruistic04Are they motivated to help others, or do they help themselves first?
Chaotic
▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮​
Orderly08Are laws and regulations "suggestions", or written in stone?
Cruel
▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮​
Kind04Are they genuinely nice to people, or do they enjoy causing distress?
Reactionary
▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮​
Proactive02Are they content to watch events unfold, or do they jump in and guide things?

As you can see from this example, she's very orderly, but not really the nice or most helpful person to be around - she's dead-centered on her own work and coming out on top. She's also very flighty and reactionary, meaning that she avoids conflict and doesn't try to get involved on whatever is going around her - a "not my problem" sort of woman.

All total, I used 21 points - 21 of 45 is around 46%, which means she's probably fail at being a federally sanctioned hero if she were a student at this school.

Just wondering, is there going to be a numerical point system for powers and combat prowess, or just personalities?

HunterJJ said:
I'm looking forward to that, your font is killing me though lmao.
P.S This sig is perfect if I say so myself.
Yeah, the font....... I get that a lot.

And yes, the signature is awesome, and I love it~

HunterJJ said:
Just wondering, is there going to be a numerical point system for powers and combat prowess, or just personalities?
There is also a point system for basic stats like strength, speed, and intelligence. That is the one that gets limited by your character's rank. There is no system for combat prowess, as there's no combat system. Besides, I am running on the assumption that the vast majority of you will be playing teenagers. As a general rule, unless one is in an organized martial art or gets into a LOT of fights at school, the average high schooler isn't exactly a professional duelist.

Giyari said:
Lol, Gawwwd. "I'm 16 and a double black belt in Krav Maga"
NOPE
Hey, I'd let some stuff slide if their parents like, owned a dojo or something. I've met people who are oddly skilled for their age, because it's something they literally grew up with.

My character is a 14 year old orphan emo with complete skill mastery and a fifth degree black belt in BJJ and a sixth degree black belt TKD who carries three samurai swords at all times and has a hidden armory in the school under the main stairs. Sue me.

Chibii said:
It's sad to say that I've seen characters like that before, 2 OP 4 U. At a way too young age.

Tokyo Ghoul rps are a hotspot for those things.

I HATE IT!!!!

HunterJJ said:
My character is a 14 year old orphan emo with complete skill mastery and a fifth degree black belt in BJJ and a sixth degree black belt TKD who carries three samurai swords at all times and has a hidden armory in the school under the main stairs. Sue me.
G E T O U T

[QUOTE="Lilah Tunth]

Tokyo Ghoul rps are a hotspot for those things.

I HATE IT!!!!

[/QUOTE]
I have mastered the art of using all the magix types

I also have daddy issues and I'm super ugly with long blonde hair, tan skin and beautiful emerald eyes and I weigh 5 lbs. But everyone says I'm fat.

I cry every time I see characters like these.

Chibii said:
I have mastered the art of using all the magix types
I also have daddy issues and I'm super ugly with long blonde hair, tan skin and beautiful emerald eyes and I weigh 5 lbs. But everyone says I'm fat.

I cry every time I see characters like these.
Yes, those characters suck

Flaws are interesting too!

They are a load more interesting to write!

The worst are the super fast people who don't have super speed who watched way too much Naruto before writing their posts who think that moving at the speed of light requires no powers and that everything can be dodged through the power of B*******.

Also, to those who may have thought I was serious before, totally kidding

or am I....

HunterJJ said:
The worst are the super fast people who don't have super speed who watched way too much Naruto before writing their posts who think that moving at the speed of light requires no powers and that everything can be dodged through the power of B*******.
YES!

I mean it is okay to dodge well!

But not get hit at all?! BS!

Hope yer' not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back