• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Age of the End (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I've got RL work and family stuff keeping me busier than usual.
Will try to catch up and post more over the weekend.

@Sherwood - feel free to move Vrail along to wherever you're shopping.
TyranntX TyranntX - I mis-remembered that Vrail was heading to the library, not the tower of History. Refer back to "busier than usual" comment.

Also, rolling d100 for HP.
Wowzers - I'll take the 50.

The Library is in the Pillar of History

You can get more spells if you replace the vanilla primeval awareness level ability with UA class variant replacement ability

The Vanilla Ability
Primeval Awareness Beginning at 3rd level, you can use your action and expend one ranger spell slot to focus your awareness on the region around you. For 1 minute per level of the spell slot you expend, you can sense whether the following types of creatures are present within 1 mile of you (or within up to 6 miles if you are in your favored terrain): aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn't reveal the creatures' location or number.

The UA ability
Primal Awareness 3rd-level ranger feature (replaces Primeval Awareness) You can focus your awareness through the interconnections of nature: you learn additional spells when you reach certain levels in this class if you don't already know them, as shown in the Primal Awareness Spells table. These spells don't count against the number of ranger spells you know. Primal Awareness Spells Ranger Level Spell 3rd detect magic, speak with animals 5th beast sense, locate animals or plants 9th speak with plants 13th locate creature 17th commune with nature You can cast each of these spells once without expending a spell slot. Once you cast a spell in this way, you can't do so again until you finish a long rest.

You can get more spells if you replace the vanilla primeval awareness level ability with UA class variant replacement ability

The Vanilla Ability
Primeval Awareness Beginning at 3rd level, you can use your action and expend one ranger spell slot to focus your awareness on the region around you. For 1 minute per level of the spell slot you expend, you can sense whether the following types of creatures are present within 1 mile of you (or within up to 6 miles if you are in your favored terrain): aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn't reveal the creatures' location or number.

The UA ability
Primal Awareness 3rd-level ranger feature (replaces Primeval Awareness) You can focus your awareness through the interconnections of nature: you learn additional spells when you reach certain levels in this class if you don't already know them, as shown in the Primal Awareness Spells table. These spells don't count against the number of ranger spells you know. Primal Awareness Spells Ranger Level Spell 3rd detect magic, speak with animals 5th beast sense, locate animals or plants 9th speak with plants 13th locate creature 17th commune with nature You can cast each of these spells once without expending a spell slot. Once you cast a spell in this way, you can't do so again until you finish a long rest.
I honestly don't understand what any of that is

Ranger level 4 has 3 spells known and you get another spell and extra attack at ranger level 5
Okay so I'm lacking in my spells for a ranger then cause I only have 2. And one of those spells is already a 2nd level. So I'll need one more 1st level spell

Okay so I'm lacking in my spells for a ranger then cause I only have 2. And one of those spells is already a 2nd level. So I'll need one more 1st level spell

Correct.

The Vanilla Ability

The UA ability

This basically means your ranger class will behave more like a druid... but only if this is the path you chose as druid... what path (or architype?) are you on now for Ranger? Equusheart Equusheart

I'm currently on nothing, but I like Beastmaster

Beast master, okay. Changes with Beast master are that the beast you have as a companion you must tame on your own merit, BUT there is no limit to the challenge rating. In addition you can add to how many beasts follow you at a time every 20 levels (minimum of 1). So at ranger level 20 you could have two companions.

Beast master, okay. Changes with Beast master are that the beast you have as a companion you must tame on your own merit, BUT there is no limit to the challenge rating. In addition you can add to how many beasts follow you at a time every 20 levels (minimum of 1). So at ranger level 20 you could have two companions.
Alright. Do I need to add Beastmaster to my sheet?

I hope I did the lvl up right. Aside from getting spells and HP and stuff, nothing changes, right?
I know Kalvin doesn't get an ASI until lvl 8 and gets a feat at lvl 6 as a rogue

So is the damage on my new bow +2 like with the longbow?

you old bow was 2d6, your new bow is 3d10. Add DEX when rolling to hit and for damage

I hope I did the lvl up right. Aside from getting spells and HP and stuff, nothing changes, right?
I know Kalvin doesn't get an ASI until lvl 8 and gets a feat at lvl 6 as a rogue

Correct, so what are you going to break first? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back