• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

Akio said:
That would be one thing to really make him hesitate. Whether it's Ari who's a fighter or Daeron netheir of them are a match for Cayden (thought Ari who spars constantly will probably do better then Daeron) but the question of whether he'd be willing to put his family into the ground would be a turning point etheir way and might cost him his life if he refuses to fight them or refused to land the final blow.
Technically if he does anything but obey Elias orders to get married and do nothing in Dorne while his sister's and shipped out to be married to maintain neutrality then he's commiting treason already *shrug* I can guarantee you he won't do that
I think if Daeron got close to Cayden he would kick his ass, although I doubt if Cayden was serious Daeron wouldn't have the chance too because he is not even close to being as good as Cayden with a spear. However all the emotions and mental factors playing into it, as well as Daeron knowing Caydens weak points could definitely even the playing field.

Archon said:
I don't know why you could possibly think the Baratheon Alliance needs any "helping hand" in falling apart.
It's already happening, Rory is turning on Braedon.

Walder's days are numbered; and upon his death we have Edmure Benji taking over.

The North made a mistake sending only 20,000 men, there's a large chance The Vale win outright win the war.
Robb Stark sent even less in the show and Tywins armies were like 60000 still.

Lancelot said:
Robb Stark sent even less in the show and Tywins armies were like 60000 still.
But the roles are reversed, and Gelgin is the master strategist, not Tadhg nor Walder.

Akio said:
That would be one thing to really make him hesitate. Whether it's Ari who's a fighter or Daeron netheir of them are a match for Cayden (thought Ari who spars constantly will probably do better then Daeron) but the question of whether he'd be willing to put his family into the ground would be a turning point etheir way and might cost him his life if he refuses to fight them or refused to land the final blow.
Technically if he does anything but obey Elias orders to get married and do nothing in Dorne while his sister's and shipped out to be married to maintain neutrality then he's commiting treason already *shrug* I can guarantee you he won't do that
There's a differance between not wanting to get married and usering your family's ancient seat so that you can drag hundreds of thousands of people into a war they don't want to participate in.

Archon said:
I don't know why you could possibly think the Baratheon Alliance needs any "helping hand" in falling apart.
It's already happening, Rory is turning on Braedon.

Walder's days are numbered; and upon his death we have Edmure Benji taking over.

The North made a mistake sending only 20,000 men, there's a large chance The Vale win outright win the war.
Hey, Walder's still got a few good years left in him :'( it would probably break his poor heart to see Rory turn his cloak.

Lancelot said:
I think if Daeron got close to Cayden he would kick his ass, although I doubt if Cayden was serious Daeron wouldn't have the chance too because he is not even close to being as good as Cayden with a spear. However all the emotions and mental factors playing into it, as well as Daeron knowing Caydens weak points could definitely even the playing field.
I very much doubt Daeron, who considers himself a pacafist could beat Cayden who has been a mercenary for the past four years, even if he got up close.

Archon said:
But the roles are reversed, and Gelgin is the master strategist, not Tadhg nor Walder.
The Northern forces are famous for their performance in war and are often described as a much tougher and ferocious force than most, also I would say that the North have quite a few decent commanders and figureheads that will definitely play a role in the war. I assume Tadhg is like Eddard and Dolar is like the Greatjon? Doesn't quite rival Gelgin but at least its something.

Hypnos said:
There's a differance between not wanting to get married and usering your family's ancient seat so that you can drag hundreds of thousands of people into a war they don't want to participate in.
Hey, Walder's still got a few good years left in him :'( it would probably break his poor heart to see Rory turn his cloak.

I very much doubt Daeron, who considers himself a pacafist could beat Cayden who has been a mercenary for the past four years, even if he got up close.
I never said anything about beating him haha. it would be sacrificing himself by all means in an attempt to stop both sides.

Archon said:
Walder isn't there so even if he was a master strategist it's not like it would help anyone. The Riverlands has plenty of people who could have a jolly good go at commanding though.

TheFordee14 said:
While, I agree, the scene was terrible- I have made it my head canon that Ellaria didn't mean anything she said. I don't think she is still angry over Oberyn. I don't think she cares about Elia whatsoever. In my head canon, she is a woman who secretly wants power. Once Oberyn dies, she gets it into her head that the people do not care for Doran and that she could easily use Oberyn's bastard daughters to gain her support of the people and power.
So she puts on this facade of actually caring about Elia and Oberyn so she can garner sympathy from the Dornish. Thus leading to her staging a coup and overthrowing Doran.

It is a terrible scene, but thinking Ellaria is doing it for power somehow softens the terrible writing- IMO. Even then it still isn't perfect.
That's one difference, part of the reason Cayden wouldn't kill Elia along with carrying about his family is he doesn't want to rule. If he somehow succeeded to put Daenna on the throne he would probably bring Elia back, reveal he faked her death, and take what punishment she decides.

Hypnos said:

I guarantee you the stony dornish will likely be thrilled about the war, and as for his own marriage he doesn't mind, I've said it many times before it's his sister's marriage he basically refuses.

Lancelot said:
It would probably hurt him, Daeron may even be able to land a unending offense for awhile simply because Cayden would refuse to throw a blow back

However it would eventually reach the point where Cayden would have to fight back, and what that happens Daeron is not nearly as good. Cayden may just beat him with the shaft of his spear or even just his fists to get him to yield. Though if he still holds his will through that I'm not sure what Cayden would do, depends on the situation at the time

Akio said:
That's one difference, part of the reason Cayden wouldn't kill Elia along with carrying about his family is he doesn't want to rule. If he somehow succeeded to put Daenna on the throne he would probably bring Elia back, reveal he faked her death, and take what punishment she decides.
I guarantee you the stony dornish will likely be thrilled about the war, and as for his own marriage he doesn't mind, I've said it many times before it's his sister's marriage he basically refuses.

It would probably hurt him, Daeron may even be able to land a unending offense for awhile simply because Cayden would refuse to throw a blow back

However it would eventually reach the point where Cayden would have to fight back, and what that happens Daeron is not nearly as good. Cayden may just beat him with the shaft of his spear or even just his fists to get him to yield. Though if he still holds his will through that I'm not sure what Cayden would do, depends on the situation at the time
I think you're overestimating the hatred between the Stormlands and the Stoney Dornish, there's a difference between hating someone and sacrificing thousands of people in a fight that you never needed to take part in, especially after sacrificing the one advantage they actually have and marching out of Dorne.

Hypnos said:
I think you're overestimating the hatred between the Stormlands and the Stoney Dornish, there's a difference between hating someone and sacrificing thousands of people in a fight that you never needed to take part in, especially after sacrificing the one advantage they actually have and marching out of Dorne.
Never mind the fact that before they could even get what they wan't they would have to go through a civil war with the Sandy and Salty Dornish which would most likely be in favour of the Salty.

Hypnos said:
They never needed to take a part in many other wars, still did

Lancelot said:
Never mind the fact that before they could even get what they wan't they would have to go through a civil war with the Sandy and Salty Dornish which would most likely be in favour of the Salty.
Cayden would never bring it to open battle if he could prevent it. Most likely it would be a political thing he does in dorne then a full outright army muster rebellion, he doesn't want Dornish to fight Dornish if possible

Akio said:
They never needed to take a part in many other wars, still did
Cayden would never bring it to open battle if he could prevent it. Most likely it would be a political thing he does in dorne then a full outright army muster rebellion, he doesn't want Dornish to fight Dornish if possible
Which war was it that their ruler told them not to take part yet they still did when their victory would give then no reward of any kind? You're ignoring the majority of what I said their. Cayden must hate Dorne as much as I do if he's willing to let thousands of his country men die in war that they'll never be able to win just because he doesn't want his sister to get married.

Lancelot said:
The Northern forces are famous for their performance in war and are often described as a much tougher and ferocious force than most, also I would say that the North have quite a few decent commanders and figureheads that will definitely play a role in the war. I assume Tadhg is like Eddard and Dolar is like the Greatjon? Doesn't quite rival Gelgin but at least its something.
Aye, but Tywin too, was a "decent commander" whereas Robb who was a brilliant Commander similar to Gelgin, was - as you pointed out - kicking Tywin's superior forces around.

The Riverlands' war will be neck-and-neck for the winner in my opinion, but had the North sent, say, 35k it would have been a total victory as soon as they arrived regardless of how well the Vale does against the Riverlands.

Hypnos said:

I think it fits character, I've tried to cross Rory a little between Robert and Stannis. And drama, we all love drama. :3

Archon said:
Aye, but Tywin too, was a "decent commander" whereas Robb who was a brilliant Commander similar to Gelgin, was - as you pointed out - kicking Tywin's superior forces around.
The Riverlands' war will be neck-and-neck for the winner in my opinion, but had the North sent, say, 35k it would have been a total victory as soon as they arrived regardless of how well the Vale does against the Riverlands.

I think it fits character, I've tried to cross Rory a little between Robert and Stannis. And drama, we all love drama. :3
Stannis would have respected his dead father's wishes, even if he didn't like him much, and supported his brother no matter what, Robert would have gotten drunk and done something stupid. Please don't go Rory :'( Walder remembered you...

Hypnos said:
Stannis would have respected his dead father's wishes, even if he didn't like him much, and supported his brother no matter what, Robert would have gotten drunk and done something stupid. Please don't go Rory :'( Walder remembered you...
Rory IS doing something - arguably - stupid! :D

And Stannis, also became a kinslayer, by using shadow-babies. :D

...Huh, The Baratheons are pretty messed up.

Archon said:
Rory IS doing something - arguably - stupid! :D
And Stannis, also became a kinslayer, by using shadow-babies. :D

...Huh, The Baratheons are pretty messed up.
Stannis became a kinslayer against his traitorous brother who stabbed him in the back and declared himself king despite the kingship being rightfully Stannis'. He said nothing when Renly ruled Storm's End for years even though it was his by right because he was loyal to Robert even though they never really liked each other.

Hypnos said:
Which war was it that their ruler told them not to take part yet they still did when their victory would give then no reward of any kind? You're ignoring the majority of what I said their. Cayden must hate Dorne as much as I do if he's willing to let thousands of his country men die in war that they'll never be able to win just because he doesn't want his sister to get married.
There are many reasons why he wants to go to war. He loves Dorne but he considers family the highest thing. He thinks theirs a chance his sister's will meet great danger being married off (hell Aerea almost died being married off to house Tyrell before she could even make it) and even if they were married they could find themselves in a similar position as Agnes unhappy and depressed so far from home and with few or no allies, especially Ari who would likely be separated from her twin that was her constant companion and is a strong woman used to being able to fight. Not to mention they can get a ruler they didn't chose who could be cruel or battle hungry (I.E Viserys or Kuriva or hell even Siegfried) or a ruler like Brandeon. The only way they would get out completely ok is Haelga or Daenna. And if they won Dorne stands quite a bit to gain, given Cayden would be Daennas constant ally from the start I imagine they would be rewarded quite well. As far as a war with no chance, well that depends doesn't it. Not only could the position change to make Daennas position more secure but Cayden after taking the throne may be forced to take into account many things. Caydens an ally of Daenna but many things change and even when going into war he may temporarily ally with factions that make warfare a lot more viable for Dorne. Caydens not stupid, he doesn't expect to win the war alone.

Hypnos said:
Stannis became a kinslayer against his traitorous brother who stabbed him in the back and declared himself king despite the kingship being rightfully Stannis'. He said nothing when Renly ruled Storm's End for years even though it was his by right because he was loyal to Robert even though they never really liked each other.
Stannis became a kinslayer against his traitorous brother who stabbed him in the back and declared himself king despite the kingship being rightfully Stannis'

That seems awfully familiar! Also, Rory had no King to be loyal too of his own blood; he was granted Dragonstone by Maeryn - because Maeryn was an idiot - but in some twisted way, he owes more to Kuvira then Braedon by virtue of the lordship he received from her father. I'm not totally sure what I'm doing with Rory's "identification." since I had him wearing a Dragon-styled helm against Aidan. He despised his father, and probably held a detached liking for Maeryn out of respect.

Akio said:
There are many reasons why he wants to go to war. He loves Dorne but he considers family the highest thing. He thinks theirs a chance his sister's will meet great danger being married off (hell Aerea almost died being married off to house Tyrell before she could even make it) and even if they were married they could find themselves in a similar position as Agnes unhappy and depressed so far from home and with few or no allies, especially Ari who would likely be separated from her twin that was her constant companion and is a strong woman used to being able to fight. Not to mention they can get a ruler they didn't chose who could be cruel or battle hungry (I.E Viserys or Kuriva or hell even Siegfried) or a ruler like Brandeon. The only way they would get out completely ok is Haelga or Daenna. And if they won Dorne stands quite a bit to gain, given Cayden would be Daennas constant ally from the start I imagine they would be rewarded quite well. As far as a war with no chance, well that depends doesn't it. Not only could the position change to make Daennas position more secure but Cayden after taking the throne may be forced to take into account many things. Caydens an ally of Daenna but many things change and even when going into war he may temporarily ally with factions that make warfare a lot more viable for Dorne. Caydens not stupid, he doesn't expect to win the war alone.
Well maybe Cayden should have a bit more faith in his sister to not marry off her own family to horrible people, she's not an idiot, nor does she have no regard for her family. You talk as if Cayden's sisters are going to be dragged off screaming but the likelihood is they'll suck it up and do it for the betterment of the entirety of Dorne rather than just themselves. Marriage is not dangerous if handled correctly and Cayden needs to understand that they're not receiving a death sentance, most men wont murder their wives for the actions of their families, especially not if they were the mother of their child or pregnant. I find it odd that Cayden can still claim to care for his people if he'd rather thousands die than his sister's be married to someone of high birth and be waited on hand and foot yet still be unhappy..

What is wrong with Braedon? What's wrong with Viserys? Hell what's wrong with Kuvira? Most of them have done barely anything wrong and even what they have done wrong is not public knowledge, none of these people are viewed in a particularly bad light and Cayden is even 'friends' with Viserys. What makes Daenna better than any of them, I would say that she'd do a far worse job leading the kingdoms than someone who's been the heir for her entire life and raised for rulership, the leader of the most powerful free company and the lord of an entire kingdom.

Archon said:
Stannis became a kinslayer against his traitorous brother who stabbed him in the back and declared himself king despite the kingship being rightfully Stannis'
That seems awfully familiar! Also, Rory had no King to be loyal too of his own blood; he was granted Dragonstone by Maeryn - because Maeryn was an idiot - but in some twisted way, he owes more to Kuvira then Braedon by virtue of the lordship he received from her father. I'm not totally sure what I'm doing with Rory's "identification." since I had him wearing a Dragon-styled helm against Aidan. He despised his father, and probably held a detached liking for Maeryn out of respect.
Braedon is the rightful lord of Storm's End by the words of Lord Osmund Baratheon, his brother is the rightful heir to the throne since Rory was removed from the line of succession, he may not have liked his father but if he was like Stannis he would do his duty and suck it up. Stannis chose his blood over the king during Robert's rebellion and did not give up on him even after months of starving and being neglected at Storm's End.

If Rory respects the mad king just because they had a shared hatred for Osmund and he gave him a castle then he's a far differant person than I thought he was.

Hypnos said:
Well maybe Cayden should have a bit more faith in his sister to not marry off her own family to horrible people, she's not an idiot, nor does she have no regard for her family. You talk as if Cayden's sisters are going to be dragged off screaming but the likelihood is they'll suck it up and do it for the betterment of the entirety of Dorne rather than just themselves. Marriage is not dangerous if handled correctly and Cayden needs to understand that they're not receiving a death sentance, most men wont murder their wives for the actions of their families, especially not if they were the mother of their child or pregnant. I find it odd that Cayden can still claim to care for his people if he'd rather thousands die than his sister's be married to someone of high birth and be waited on hand and foot yet still be unhappy..
What is wrong with Braedon? What's wrong with Viserys? Hell what's wrong with Kuvira? Most of them have done barely anything wrong and even what they have done wrong is not public knowledge, none of these people are viewed in a particularly bad light and Cayden is even 'friends' with Viserys. What makes Daenna better than any of them, I would say that she'd do a far worse job leading the kingdoms than someone who's been the heir for her entire life and raised for rulership, the leader of the most powerful free company and the lord of an entire kingdom.

Braedon is the rightful lord of Storm's End by the words of Lord Osmund Baratheon, his brother is the rightful heir to the throne since Rory was removed from the line of succession, he may not have liked his father but if he was like Stannis he would do his duty and suck it up. Stannis chose his blood over the king during Robert's rebellion and did not give up on him even after months of starving and being neglected at Storm's End.

If Rory respects the mad king just because they had a shared hatred for Osmund and he gave him a castle then he's a far differant person than I thought he was.
Rory was disinherited; but that doesn't change the fact that by right, the Stormlands are his, he still has a strong claim through blood, and age.

Based on your own words earlier in response to Akio; the proof of Kuvira's illegitimacy is almost worthless, so that would make Kuvira - in the eyes of the realm - the rightful Queen of the Seven Kingdoms.

Rory shares some similarities with Stannis, his indestructible sense of Justice isn't one of them; in that regard, he is more in on the middle ground. Is he just? Yes, like Stannis? No.

Stannis may have chose Robert in the rebellion, but the hate between Braedon and Rory is far stronger than it ever was between Stannis and Robert; they never hated one another, simply held no love.

In Rory's mind, why should he follow, and devote, all his recourses to a man who not only openly despises him; but is actively making it known Rory's loyalty has a very high chance of NOT being rewarded. Renly and Stannis did not hate each other; yet Renly betrayed Stannis all the same, and Stannis had him killed by blood magic.

TheAncientCenturion said:
I mean, Viserys doesn't even respect Maeryn.
Wow Rory. Wow.
Yeah, but, that's Viserys.

Nobody cares about Viserys.

He's a Mummer's Dragon.

TheAncientCenturion said:
Rory is now added to the "enslave and or give to Corbiz" list.
tumblr_mak6aoh0sY1qahd69o2_250.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back