• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

Flaming pigs? Now that was something that could scatter cavalry and infantry like no other.

Archon said:
Random questions for everybody,
1: What do you think the strongest castle in Westeros is when supported by its region?

2: Strongest castle in Westeros with only the garrison and no outside help?

3: Strongest castle in ASOIAF?

4: If you could be the Lord of one, which would it be?
1: Harrenhal. With at least 30,000 men manning its walls, no one is taking it.

2: The Wall if you're coming South, Storm's End otherwise. It's said to have incredibly thick (possibly magic formed) walls that are a grand deal higher than most others.

3: Harrenhal or Storm's End, pending on who you're fighting and how much you have.

4: Storm's End.

TheAncientCenturion said:
I'm more looking for something to read, honestly.
Anything, really. I lean less typically with manga nowadays, just because they all tend to go in the same direction.

For numerous reasons, fire arrows are a horrible idea unless you're planning on covering a field in flammable equipment. The rate of fire is going to be lower than regular arrows, as fire arrows would need a deal of customization to be effective, and even then there isn't a guarantee that they set anything on fire. They won't puncture as well as normal arrows, they won't set enemy soldiers ablaze either.

I can see maybe using them in naval warfare, but I doubt you'd set the sails on fire. The arrow would probably just tear through it. Maybe get a little of it ablaze, should it still have flames on it, but at the end of the day once you're close enough to loose arrows, just loose arrows made to kill. You'll probably still cut through the sail, you'll be able to get some actual causalities down, and by the time they're this close, the sail isn't doing much. The waves will propel them forward.
Meh, I just have a personal preference for setting ships on fire because its the best way to make sure every single person on the boat is going to die unless you board the thing. You'd probably be right that as a defender of a beach it'd be better to just shoot normal arrows.

I'm more looking for something to read, honestly.
Anything, really. I lean less typically with manga nowadays, just because they all tend to go in the same direction.

For numerous reasons, fire arrows are a horrible idea unless you're planning on covering a field in flammable equipment. The rate of fire is going to be lower than regular arrows, as fire arrows would need a deal of customization to be effective, and even then there isn't a guarantee that they set anything on fire. They won't puncture as well as normal arrows, they won't set enemy soldiers ablaze either.

I can see maybe using them in naval warfare, but I doubt you'd set the sails on fire. The arrow would probably just tear through it. Maybe get a little of it ablaze, should it still have flames on it, but at the end of the day once you're close enough to loose arrows, just loose arrows made to kill. You'll probably still cut through the sail, you'll be able to get some actual causalities down, and by the time they're this close, the sail isn't doing much. The waves will propel them forward.
Fair enough. What's your mood for story wise?

The Inheritance series is one of the best series I ever read and is very long about 3000 pages in 4 books with good story telling and likeable characters. A good story. Other books are the girl with the dragon tattoo and mortal intrustments. For manga you basically can not go better then code Geass, Lelouch of the Rebellion. Tokyo Kushu and the follow up Tokyo Ghoul are gritty mature manga with excellent story telling.

Fezzes said:
I'm too biased. I'd say the Eyrie for every single one. I also don't know as much about it as some other people.
Well, Eyrie is definitely incorrect for 2. :P

Not sure why of all places you choose to Lord in a mountain with crap weather, but okay! :D

Akio said:
With the support of the Region it's etheir the Rock or Stormsend. Sunspear is pretty high up there because there are no supplies to take around its walls.
Without help its the Eyrie without a doubt at least to me

Strongest in the books might still be the Eyrie, it's defenses are basically unassailable by any army

4. Id say Highgarden, it's lands are rich and while it isn't a powerful as some it's still a very strong castle with a massive Garrison
Really? With only a garrison, and no Knights of the Valeto ride in to ambush the army, the Eyrie could be starved out so easily, since it is actually a rather small castle, with a small garrison. My third question more meant in the whole world, Essos included. xD

I'd aim this at @WanderingJester and @Leusis too.

Mine would be:

1: Moat Cailan (Castle Black honourable mention)

2: Storm's End

3: The Five Forts of Yi Ti

4: Qaarth, then Casterly Rock

WanderingJester said:
Fair enough. What's your mood for story wise?
Something dark, but not grim dark. I want there to be real consequences, but it doesn't have to be grandiose. But I'll take any good story someone can recommend.

Archon said:
Not sure why of all places you choose to Lord in a mountain with crap weather, but okay! :D

Really? With only a garrison, and no Knights of the Valeto ride in to ambush the army, the Eyrie could be starved out so easily, since it is actually a rather small castle, with a small garrison. My third question more meant in the whole world, Essos included. xD

Mine would be:

The five forts ain't shit, just give me 20 good men.

Akio said:
The Inheritance series is one of the best series I ever read and is very long about 3000 pages in 4 books with good story telling and likeable characters. A good story. Other books are the girl with the dragon tattoo and mortal intrustments. For manga you basically can not go better then code Geass, Lelouch of the Rebellion. Tokyo Kushu and the follow up Tokyo Ghoul are gritty mature manga with excellent story telling.
I. . Am not interested in those manga. They've been pushed on me before. And I was thinking of a short story or novella, something I can read tonight to relieve boredom and help me massage my muse.

I. . Am not interested in those manga. They've been pushed on me before. And I was thinking of a short story or novella, something I can read tonight to relieve boredom and help me massage my muse.
Ever read the Dunk and Egg novellas? I assume you have, but they're really good.

Leusis said:
Ever read the Dunk and Egg novellas? I assume you have, but they're really good.
I love them so much. I like to give myself six months to a year before rereading or playing video games again. Just to keep it fresh.

Something dark, but not grim dark. I want there to be real consequences, but it doesn't have to be grandiose. But I'll take any good story someone can recommend.
For grim Tokyo Kushu is really nice but if you don't want manga I'm not sure, it's hard to think of a story of that area with those qualifications

Akio said:
To me, the series really fell off after Eldest. But I'm glad someone liked it.

Archon said:

Mine would be:

Oh, but then again, unless you surround both the front and the back, plus perhaps the hidden roads and stuff, you can't really starve out the Eyrie so long as someone's willing to send food over, right? :/

Oh in that case, Asshai. I got a legion of fireballs and shadow babies defending my city. Sure we might all starve to death within a week, but SHADOW BABIES AND FIREBALLS! :P

Hmm, I know it's old fashion but have you ever read the Tell Tale Heart by Poe? A bit old fashion, but certainly dark, short and enjoyable imo.

Leusis said:
@WanderingJester
Just so you know, me and @Fezzes are forcing you to do a post about Tiber starting the final match, deal with it!
That's fine, just know that I'm going to get it to it once I finish the noodles in front of me and my other freelance conversation/works.

WanderingJester said:
To me, the series really fell off after Eldest. But I'm glad someone liked it.
Oh, but then again, unless you surround both the front and the back, plus perhaps the hidden roads and stuff, you can't really starve out the Eyrie so long as someone's willing to send food over, right? :/

Oh in that case, Asshai. I got a legion of fireballs and shadow babies defending my city. Sure we might all starve to death within a week, but SHADOW BABIES AND FIREBALLS! :P

Hmm, I know it's old fashion but have you ever read the Tell Tale Heart by Poe? A bit old fashion, but certainly dark, short and enjoyable imo.

That's fine, just know that I'm going to get it to it once I finish the noodles in front of me and my other freelance conversation/works.
I actually liked the increased politics of the later books but it came increasing complicated and some of the tone changed so I understand how it isn't for everyone

WanderingJester said:
@Leusis sorry man, Kylie's over at the Jousting Pitch. Maybe if you win the joust and crown her Queen of Love and Beauty?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
nS1WijF.gif

Akio said:
lol Roland just got wrecked
Also @Fezzes trevirs not very happy with Cayden is he xD
Trevir wants to like him, but he's still salty about Cayden being a little shit throwing dirt and all that.

Trevir kinda just wants to like everyone, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fezzes said:
Trevir wants to like him, but he's still salty about Cayden being a little shit throwing dirt and all that.
Trevir kinda just wants to like everyone, though.
Well Cayden does what he needs to win, can't be surprised by a mercenaries supposed lack of honor lol

It's ok though, Cayden will introduce Trevir to Nyalla and his sister's

Akio said:
Mortal instruments is rubbish.

And fire arrows are good against hurting enemy morale.

This idea just struck me. Tell me if I'm crazy or not. But just popping into RP's and reading what's going on, is that weird? Just. . Being an observer of the IC chats?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back