• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

Akio said:
A khal? What? I doubt she'll marry another Khal
She already married a Khal?!
Leusis said:
100 men? I think you're underestimating how tired he would get after killing just 20. Swords are heavy objects and he uses one in each hand.
5-6 pounds typically. They're over estimated in pop culture. But yeah, constant activity would be a bitch.

TheAncientCenturion said:
5-6 pounds typically. They're over estimated in pop culture. But yeah, constant activity would be a bitch.
I know people who do HEMA and Battle of Nations, along with some slightly less vicious things. People really underestimate how tiring fighting is. People can only really fight for a few minutes before they're buggered, unless they've got stamina out the arse.

She had married a khal before, if were talking about Daenarys

Last edited by a moderator:
Leusis said:
100 men? I think you're underestimating how tired he would get after killing just 20. Swords are heavy objects and he uses one in each hand.
Those men would also die with one stroke (not even of each sword), Nagito can swing a sword 100 times without getting tired. I'm more accounting for the fact that he would sustain lucky wounds which will affect his combat abilities. He doesn't wear armor after all.

Though I mean, the wounds would come more quickly, especially multiple attacks including arrows. Maybe 50 then? *Shrug*

I'm not saying a sword weighs a shit ton, I'm just saying swinging something around that weighs a couple pounds gets tiring extremely quickly. Especially considering I'm sure it will take more than 1 swing to kill each man because even if Nagito has super fast hands, sometimes one slash or stab isn't enough or that person might get lucky and block or dodge. Plus the fact he has to dodge or block every attack sent his way.

WanderingJester said:
Those men would also die with one stroke (not even of each sword), Nagito can swing a sword 100 times without getting tired. I'm more accounting for the fact that he would sustain lucky wounds which will affect his combat abilities. He doesn't wear armor after all.
That's a good point. Multiply that few minutes by two or three. No armour makes it easier.

Fezzes said:
I know people who do HEMA and Battle of Nations, along with some slightly less vicious things. People really underestimate how tiring fighting is. People can only really fight for a few minutes before they're buggered, unless they've got stamina out the arse.
That's pretty cool. HEMA sounds neat, I took fencing for a year, I know it's not the same, but it gives you perspective. It's a lot of activity, a lot of conscious foot work and proper movement. I think after a few minutes you would get tired, but it wouldn't be to the point of exhaustion, for characters who's professions are as such.

Akio said:
She had married a khal before, if were talking about Daenarys
No no, I meant Deanna.

Aight guys, I'm gonna hit the hay. I'll post a reply to the developing scene outside Storm's End (with the ships dawg,) if @Archon and @JustWhipIt are fine with that. Just setting them up on the docks, with armed deer by their side.

I'd prefer to have platemail honestly. Sure you're not quite as fast and you get tired quicker but also grunts usually don't have weapons that can harm a man in full plate. So even if they hit me full force I'll just shrug it off and stab them in the face.

Leusis said:
I'd prefer to have platemail honestly. Sure you're not quite as fast and you get tired quicker but also grunts usually don't have weapons that can harm a man in full plate. So even if they hit me full force I'll just shrug it off and stab them in the face.
Ditto. Besides, in a chokepoint or a massed battle, you'll have far less room to move around and dodge, so armour becomes so much more important.

no, the tier system will likely never be an actual set in stone type of thing. Mostly just speculation. Kind of a "I bet my dad can beat up your dad" kind of thing.

Fezzes said:
Also, I noticed some mention of Gale Corbray being a 'Tier 5' fighter. Did we actually work out a tier system?
We did not officially implement a Tier System, though the GMs have one that we use for reference and guideline rather than set rules. I will say (with hopeful agreements from the other GMs) that one of the best fighters in the world is in the Kingsguard, and he's an NPC.

That's pretty cool. HEMA sounds neat, I took fencing for a year, I know it's not the same, but it gives you perspective. It's a lot of activity, a lot of conscious foot work and proper movement. I think after a few minutes you would get tired, but it wouldn't be to the point of exhaustion, for characters who's professions are as such.
No no, I meant Deanna.

Aight guys, I'm gonna hit the hay. I'll post a reply to the developing scene outside Storm's End (with the ships dawg,) if @Archon and @JustWhipIt are fine with that. Just setting them up on the docks, with armed deer by their side.
Daenna is marrying a khal? I know that was the original plan but I thought it's been changed to the shadow king.

Leusis said:
Damn you @WanderingJester and your inability to give me what I want the moment I want it!
giphy.gif

Leusis said:
I want to see this GM tier system. I demand it be PMed to me!
Ditto this.

Also, when was Jaime something (or Jamie, can't remember) appointed to the Kingsguard? Previous king was insane, right? Insane enough to decide that a Kingsguard member was scheming against him, and then send him to the Wall? Just a random idea I got. Picturing him being around the level of an average Kingsguard. Not amazing, but he was in the Kingsguard for a reason. Is that a possibility? Or nah?

I take no offence if this is a little too ridiculous or whatever. It's just something I'm throwing out.

Finally added Roland's weight and height.

190lbs at 6'2 seems to be about the size a man of a strong athletic but lean build would be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back