• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

SirDerpingtonIV said:
Except he doesn't realize what kind of person Haelga even is.
Shes an ironborn, thats the kind of person she is.

Akio said:
Would he support Visery plan ot kill the Ironborn ot the last child?
To the extent of "Yeah, go do it, kill all of them" but nothing further unless he was ordered by Tiber to help. Hes very loyal, up until the point Tiber does something thats so dishonorable that Roland can't look past it even though he made Roland a lord.

Seigfried might not even have the support of the Harlaw cadet branches, if I had a chance to run for king and my cousin told me not to because he wanted to be king, I'd tell him to go fuck himself and run anyway.

Leusis said:
To the extent of "Yeah, go do it, kill all of them" but nothing further unless he was ordered by Tiber to help. Hes very loyal, up until the point Tiber does something thats so dishonorable that Roland can't look past it even though he made Roland a lord.
But genocide is cool

Red said:
One star-crossed lover scenario is enough for Albert's lifetime.
Nah. And besides, why not? Haelga's pretty...... I think...

Leusis said:
Hmm, interesting. Care to elaborate? (I mean I know about the whole, wipe out women and children thing, but perhaps other stuff in Roland's mind?)

WanderingJester said:
Source please. Else I'm going with what the wikia and my recollection of the books say/my fellow GMs. Can't just say "we're the second most powerful house" and have it that way.
This is the island in general but House Harlaw owns most of it and in this RP Siegfried has good relations with the other houses on Harlaw, Orkmont and Blacktyde. There is also some marriages in extended Harlaw family but those are a bit irrelevant in the Kingsmoot so I don't thing Saltcliffe and Goodbrother are even close to Guarantted, I do have a plan for Siegfried going on tour during the wedding period.

"Second in size only to Great Wyk, Harlaw is distinguished from the other islands by being both the wealthiest and most densely populated.[3] Harlaw is renowned for its shaggy ponies which are used throughout the Iron Islands.[1] Lead, tin, and iron are mined from Harlaw, Great Wyk, and Orkmont.[4]"

Lancelot said:
This is the island in general but House Harlaw owns most of it and in this RP Siegfried has good relations with the other houses on Harlaw, Orkmont and Blacktyde. There is also some marriages in extended Harlaw family but those are a bit irrelevant in the Kingsmoot so I don't thing Saltcliffe and Goodbrother are even close to Guarantted, I do have a plan for Siegfried going on tour during the wedding period.
"Second in size only to Great Wyk, Harlaw is distinguished from the other islands by being both the wealthiest and most densely populated.[3] Harlaw is renowned for its shaggy ponies which are used throughout the Iron Islands.[1] Lead, tin, and iron are mined from Harlaw, Great Wyk, and Orkmont.[4]"
Good relations doesn't mean they'll step aside and let him be king.

Hypnos said:
Seigfried might not even have the support of the Harlaw cadet branches, if I had a chance to run for king and my cousin told me not to because he wanted to be king, I'd tell him to go fuck himself and run anyway.
(ovO) Harlaw cadet branches have already been established as pro-Siegfried

Call me a cheater but I am taking it and running with it.

Lancelot said:
That doesn't make them automatically "the second most powerful house in the Iron Isles." Like Hypnos said, he might not even get all the cadet and vessel houses to support him if the price is right to join the other claimants for the Seastone chair. The statement "House Harlaw is the second most powerful house in the Iron Isles" has no factual basis, other than perhaps a skewered view of what I've already admit before, which is that they are very powerful and one of the more powerful factions amongst the Ironborns.

Lancelot said:
(ovO) Harlaw cadet branches have already been established as pro-Siegfried
Call me a cheater but I am taking it and running with it.
Don't be so sure. Things can always change.

WanderingJester said:
Hmm, interesting. Care to elaborate? (I mean I know about the whole, wipe out women and children thing, but perhaps other stuff in Roland's mind?)
For example, the intentional slaughter of hundreds of innocent people. Killing somebody in his family. Committing the word that shall not be spoken. Backstabbing Roland in a way that almost kills him. Eventually when Roland has a family if Tiber does something to harm them, expect a sword in the chest. Theres tons of stuff, just think if it sounds really bad or involved betraying Roland in a serious way he'll try to kill Tiber most likely.

WanderingJester said:
That doesn't make them automatically "the second most powerful house in the Iron Isles." Like Hypnos said, he might not even get all the cadet and vessel houses to support him if the price is right to join the other claimants for the Seastone chair. The statement "House Harlaw is the second most powerful house in the Iron Isles" has no factual basis, other than perhaps a skewered view of what I've already admit before, which is that they are very powerful and one of the more powerful factions amongst the Ironborns.
I am NPC-ing the Harlaw cadet branches but and have already established them, if you wan't to be take over them as GM then that is your choice.

WanderingJester said:
I think I might be thinking of book Harlaws...

RP Harlaws are still pretty powerful though.

SirDerpingtonIV said:
Nah. And besides, why not? Haelga's pretty...... I think...
Would've been easier if Ironborn weren't responsible for massacring Albert's family on his mother's side.

Hypnos said:
Don't worry, I'm sure the Tullys will be fine if Albert turns his affection towards Haelga
They'll warm up to him, eventually. lmao

WanderingJester said:
Well if you go purely based off the number of troops they have I'm pretty sure they're the second strongest if you count their cadet branches and vassals.

Leusis said:
For example, the intentional slaughter of hundreds of innocent people. Killing somebody in his family. Committing the word that shall not be spoken. Backstabbing Roland in a way that almost kills him. Eventually when Roland has a family if Tiber does something to harm them, expect a sword in the chest. Theres tons of stuff, just think if it sounds really bad or involved betraying Roland in a serious way he'll try to kill Tiber most likely.
What does he define as "innocent people?" Also "Committing the word that shall not be spoken?" Everything else is understandable.

Lancelot said:
I am NPC-ing the Harlaw cadet branches but and have already established them, if you wan't to be take over them as GM then that is your choice.
That's fine, NPCs are characters with backgrounds and lives. I have an Ironborn NPC myself stashed away somewhere. As for Harlaw cadets, they can always change their minds. I might just do that whenever the Kingsmoot happens. which is never.

Lancelot said:
I think I might be thinking of book Harlaws...
RP Harlaws are still pretty powerful though.
I'm going with the book Harlaws (at least that's what it seems like on the wikia). It doesn't state anywhere that they're "the second strongest" on House Harlaw's page, only that they're one of the most powerful houses on the Iron Isles, which, again, is something that I'm already admitting to.

Leusis said:
Well if you go purely based off the number of troops they have I'm pretty sure they're the second strongest if you count their cadet branches and vassals.
Again, Vassals can always turn their backs or pledge elsewhere, cadets the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
WanderingJester said:
What does he define as "innocent people?" Also "Committing the word that shall not be spoken?" Everything else is understandable.
Rape is the word i believe

@WanderingJester

women, children, the elderly, pretty much people who aren't fighting back or can't. As for the word that shall not be spoken, if Tiber or any of his family commits the R word that we were warned about by that mod then he'll attempt to kill them more than likely.

WanderingJester said:
That's fine, NPCs are characters with backgrounds and lives. I have an Ironborn NPC myself stashed away somewhere. As for Harlaw cadets, they can always change their minds. I might just do that whenever the Kingsmoot happens. which is never.

I'm going with the book Harlaws (at least that's what it seems like on the wikia). It doesn't state anywhere that they're "the second strongest" on House Harlaw's page, only that they're one of the most powerful houses on the Iron Isles, which, again, is something that I'm already admitting to.

Again, Vassals can always turn their backs or pledge elsewhere, cadets the same.
No offense but you would have to convince me they would.

If they are voting for a Reaver then Siegfried would be the best one to vote for. If they are voting for the Drowned God I think the only people that would beat him are the priests themselves. Siegfried is also offering wood from the wolfswood something I doubt the other candidates will be and he has paid the Iron Price for it.

Try all you wan't but I am going to scratch claw and bite this victory I WANT it.

(Really though I have no problems with anything that has ever been said I am just trying to support my words.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back