• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

Akio said:
You won't exactly be a good fighter then, at least not yet anyway. No experience
Exactly, hinting at possible future sword of morning.

A kid with a bright future but currently is mediocre and plagued with the duties of a Lord

Lancelot said:
Exactly, hinting at possible future sword of morning.
A kid with a bright future but currently is mediocre and plagued with the duties of a Lord
If you survive that long, you know once war gets out there will be places to get battle experience but he could also very easily die on the field. Still... Could be interesting what he does especially if Dorne goes to war. He'd be unprepared to lead house Dayne but he would have to learn experince from someone. Maybe even act as Cayden's squire now that hes back and actually needs one, guarantee you he would never be bored with all the stuff Cayden has lined up unless you know Cayden were to die before this persons creation

@WanderingJester

Think it would make sense for Dallen to speak the language of Yi Ti? He was a scholar and trader under one of the nobles of Lys before that person died and handled all his finances and enjoyed studying languages, and might give nagito you know an actual speaking role.

@Akio Lys isn't very close to Yi Ti and they don't seem to do a shit ton of trade with them so I'd doubt it. But do whatever you want bruh.

Leusis said:
@Akio Lys isn't very close to Yi Ti and they don't seem to do a shit ton of trade with them so I'd doubt it. But do whatever you want bruh.
Dallen liked studying languages but thats true.... And Fezzes just reminded me i wanted to make a Braavosi character for that

Also im serious seeing that scene so much really wants me to make a duel wielding bad ass for this rp :P

TheAncientCenturion said:
He'd be almost exclusively a tourney knight. In battles duel wielding would get you killed. Fast.
Probably which is why I haven't done it. I mean unless your Sir Aurther Dayne with Dawn that goes through armor like butter

Last edited by a moderator:
Akio said:
@WanderingJester
Think it would make sense for Dallen to speak the language of Yi Ti? He was a scholar and trader under one of the nobles of Lys before that person died and handled all his finances and enjoyed studying languages, and might give nagito you know an actual speaking role.
Maybe like a few words. He might understand more than he can actually speak.

Lancelot said:
B-but wouldn't you rather had a duel wielding squire?
Do you want to be Caydens squire? Because if you are im more then willing to scrap my idea of making a new character and wiat for my squire to be made. To bad hes not going to the tournament (I don't think) Because it would be the perfect excuse for his sister to assign him one when she realizes he doesn't have one and he'd get to watch the man hes serving in the future in action

Akio said:
Do you want to be Caydens squire? Because if you are im more then willing to scrap my idea of making a new character and wiat for my squire to be made. To bad hes not going to the tournament (I don't think) Because it would be the perfect excuse for his sister to assign him one when she realizes he doesn't have one and he'd get to watch the man hes serving in the future in action
I think it's a cool idea and it is possible.

Edric Dayne squired for Beric Dondarrion before he made the brotherhood so I don't see why my Dayne wouldn't be able to squire for Cayden.

I don't know if he will even be made before the tournament ends.

Lancelot said:
I think it's a cool idea and it is possible.
Edric Dayne squired for Beric Dondarrion before he made the brotherhood so I don't see why my Dayne wouldn't be able to squire for Cayden.

I don't know if he will even be made before the tournament ends.
Yeah, to bad :P

Still I like the idea as it would give Cayden a constant companion and interaction point and being a teacher would probably lead to some character development as he cools some of his rash nature. Not to mention the Daynes are not likely to take offense considering Cayden is the second son of the Martells so as far as Dornish blood lines you don't get much better and Cayden is obviously skilled. He's not even a bad fit to teach him because if he does duel wield speed and precision will be his best strengths in the future and Cayden has plenty of that as well as a healthy amount of battle experience

Akio said:
Yeah, to bad :P
Still I like the idea as it would give Cayden a constant companion and interaction point and being a teacher would probably lead to some character development as he cools some of his rash nature. Not to mention the Daynes are not likely to take offense considering Cayden is the second son of the Martells so as far as Dornish blood lines you don't get much better and Cayden is obviously skilled. He's not even a bad fit to teach him because if he does duel wield speed and precision will be his best strengths in the future and Cayden has plenty of that as well as a healthy amount of battle experience
Except the Daynes have had beef with the Martells for a very long time, just like the Yronwoods have.

Leusis said:
Except the Daynes have had beef with the Martells for a very long time, just like the Yronwoods have.
Since when? I remember the Yronwoods but remember no argument with the Daynes, Oberyn and Elia when going to the rock even stopped there for a visit

Not to mention prince Lwyen and Aurther Dayne served together in the kingsguard, i doubt relationships between them were very bad. Hell Nympherias third husband after her previous twos death was a Dayne of Starfall and Sword of the Morning

The Daynes follow Westerosi laws, Martells follow Rhoynar laws. All of the stoney dornish have beef with the Martells because of this, the same way that any Reach, Westerlands or Stormlands vassal would have beef with it if their liege followed Rhoynar laws. The Daynes also were conquered by the Martells as they were once kings themselves, and a Dayne even gavve Nymeria a son, but instead of that son becoming king of Dorne it was Nymeria's daughter by a Martell who was born first that became queen, thus putting the Martells as the leaders of Dorne instead of the Daynes, which for obvious reasons pissed them off.

You just need to accept that fact that the Martells are not loved in the slightest by every single vassal they have. Salty and sandy dornish support the Martells more often than not. But the Martells have always had problems with the stoney dornish, especially the Daynes and Yronwoods.

Leusis said:
The Daynes follow Westerosi laws, Martells follow Rhoynar laws. All of the stoney dornish have beef with the Martells because of this, the same way that any Reach, Westerlands or Stormlands vassal would have beef with it if their liege followed Rhoynar laws. The Daynes also were conquered by the Martells as they were once kings themselves, and a Dayne even gavve Nymeria a son, but instead of that son becoming king of Dorne it was Nymeria's daughter by a Martell who was born first that became queen, thus putting the Martells as the leaders of Dorne instead of the Daynes, which for obvious reasons pissed them off.
Mhmm I never read anywhere about that, now im curious and will go look it up. I know the Daynes followed the Martells into every war they started since their conquest (And if i remember correctly helped conquer house Yornwood one of the last to fall) I don't remember reading about the Daynes

Leusis said:
You just need to accept that fact that the Martells are not loved in the slightest by every single vassal they have. Salty and sandy dornish support the Martells more often than not. But the Martells have always had problems with the stoney dornish, especially the Daynes and Yronwoods.
I don't, I know the Yronwoods have rebelled several times at different points before the uniting of Westeros but I don't remember the Daynes having the same problem. Even so it wouldn't have much affect because if a boy young enough to be a squire is ruling the Daynes and is under a regency then its all the more reason for his sister to appoint him his squire. Good way to repair relationships between the houses if there is indeed bad blood

Also @TheAncientCenturion I found something interesting, in the lore and history videos of Game of Thrones mini series when Jaime is talking about the kingsguard its a visual thing and Aurther Dayne is showed with two swords as well

I'm just saying, you seem to assume you have the entire support of the dornish behind you at all times. Shit Tiber has some of the most loyal vassals in the RP right now and even he would have to deal with rebels if he was weakened enough in war. Yronwoods might tell you to screw off when you go to war and once you lose most of your troops during battles they might just decide to slaughter the Martells and take Dorne for themselves. And if the Yronwoods did that I'm sure they'd get most of the Stoney dornish and maybe one sandy dornish house to join them.

What I'm trying to say is, absolutely nobody has the complete support of all their houses, or even 75% of them most likely and if you mess around and get weak, you will get screwed over by your own vassals.

Leusis said:
I'm just saying, you seem to assume you have the entire support of the dornish behind you at all times. Shit Tiber has some of the most loyal vassals in the RP right now and even he would have to deal with rebels if he was weakened enough in war. Yronwoods might tell you to screw off when you go to war and once you lose most of your troops during battles they might just decide to slaughter the Martells and take Dorne for themselves. And if the Yronwoods did that I'm sure they'd get most of the Stoney dornish and maybe one sandy dornish house to join them.
What I'm trying to say is, absolutely nobody has the complete support of all their houses, or even 75% of them most likely and if you mess around and get weak, you will get screwed over by your own vassals.
Oh I agree, though it wouldn't just be rebellion. They'll literally try to off the man in his sleep if they could, then take turns with Celena and cut off Martyn's head and mount it on a stake or something. If you have a group of friends and their family and your incompetent lord's son dragged every last man, woman and child out from their homes and slaughtered them like pigs, that sort of animosity doesn't go away by themselves (though could be cooled with time and kindness, material or otherwise, by your lord).

Leusis said:
If they did lose most of their troops in war i fully expect house Yronwood to rebel but like with Tiber if House Yronwood refused to martial for war with the rest of them it could be seen as an act of treason and lead to civil war. I have no doubt if the Martells were to get weak rebellion would happen without a doubt, Dornish people are far to independent to be ruled by a weakened lord. I never denied that, all i ever said was they would follow at first when the martells are at full strength and thats all. Everything after comes from the rp itself

Users who are viewing this thread

Back