• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

TheAncientCenturion said:
Stop placing doubt in my plans!
THEY ARE FOOL PROOF!
The difference is with the Dornish they will most likely be raiding and distracting so rather then pitched battle he may very well find himself on the wrong side of an ambush where they are looking to capture lords and lord sons to pressure those against the Lannisters

Akio said:
The difference is with the Dornish they will most likely be raiding and distracting so rather then pitched battle he may very well find himself on the wrong side of an ambush where they are looking to capture lords and lord sons to pressure those against the Lannisters
In Medieval warfare it was common to take people hostage rather than kill them. Even regular soldiers, you might ransom them back for something. I believe the French paid over a million pounds for nobility during the Hundred Years War after a bad loss. It wouldn't be in the best interests to kill everyone you get.

Last edited by a moderator:
See, that's the problem with you Westerosi. You let lords and their families being captured mean anything. Were Desgran in charge he would send a response letter with an etching of his middle finger if they tried to ransom them off in any way.

In Medieval warfare it was common to take people hostage rather than kill them. Even regular soldiers, you might ransom them back for something. I believe the French paid over a million pounds for nobility during the Hundred Years War after a bad loss. It wouldn't be in the best interests to kill everyone you get.
Indeed but in a melee that massive I would think Viserys has a much higher chance to be killed by accident.

Elendithas said:
See, that's the problem with you Westerosi. You let lords and their families being captured mean anything. Were Desgran in charge he would send a response letter with an etching of his middle finger if they tried to ransom them off in any way.
Feudal lords mean a lot, lottt. Do nothing and you may be stuck with unsuited heirs, agreements with neighbors shot down, and then it's also a subject of family.

Only if Arren puts him on the front lines. . .
Hopefully not.
They probably would if he's posing like a hedge knight

Last edited by a moderator:
Akio said:
They probably would if he's posing like a hedge knight
Lancelot said:
The High towers are planning to back Viserys so he would have some protection if he needed it.
SUCK IT CAYDEN

Did they ever reply to/react to the letter? I mean, I don't need to see it. But I'm curious on their reaction.

SUCK IT CAYDEN
Did they ever reply to/react to the letter? I mean, I don't need to see it. But I'm curious on their reaction.
Gawain is going to hold a council when he returns from the funeral on that subject.

Maybe disguise the Stormcrows as our men lmao but we aren't sending our men to die in a war with no point.

lol so house hightower stays at full strength. Though if dorne invades with the Lannisters I wonder if they will stir

Akio said:
lol so house hightower stays at full strength. Though if dorne invades with the Lannisters I wonder if they will stir
It depends if they attack High tower lands, who knows High towers might use it as a chance to take High garden?

Lancelot said:
It depends if they attack High tower lands, who knows High towers might use it as a chance to take High garden?
The high towers fucking ninja highgarden? At that point Cayden may raise an eye at their balls and go take old town. And no unless they see an opportunity to do something big they'll likely be raiding 99℅ of the time. Taking minor seats, pillaging land. Trying to tempt armies to good ground for then

Akio said:
The high towers fucking ninja highgarden? At that point Cayden may raise an eye at their balls and go take old town. And no unless they see an opportunity to do something big they'll likely be raiding 99℅ of the time. Taking minor seats, pillaging land. Trying to tempt armies to good ground for then
Cayden couldn't take Old Town even if he wanted to.

But. . Cayden isn't the lord of Dorne. He's just that one son that left for five years.

Besides, old rivalry's with The Reach aside, attacking for the sake of attacking might bite them in the ass if war really breaks out all over the Realm

If the hightowers and their vassals stay out of the war the Reach has just lost 13,300 soldiers that would have been part of their forces. So the Reach now has a max of 66,700 soldiers they can raise. The war between the Westerlands and Reach just got pretty damn even just because the Hightowers won't fight.

Leusis said:
If the hightowers and their vassals stay out of the war the Reach has just lost 13,300 soldiers that would have been part of their forces. So the Reach now has a max of 66,700 soldiers they can raise. The war between the Westerlands and Reach just got pretty damn even just because the Hightowers won't fight.
With the Florents it is 15900.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back