- Zodiac - [Inactive]

"Little boo peep had lost her sheep and cant seem to find them. The big bad wolf grabbed his hook and took the black sheep with him."

Ukime looked up toward the back of the window and gave him a stare. The man smiled and waved as he hummed that one line over. She wasn't as dumb as people assumed her to be. Due to all those movies she watched and she was fairly paranoid to where some would say it was a disorder she told her self that the little boo peep was probably the mother he thought she had or maybe the school. The big bad wolf was him and the hook was his car. The black sheep was her, probably because of her skin color and the afro she had. While thinking about this at the corner of her eye she saw the store but he had sped up to where it vanished with a blink of an eye. In her mind an instant hell no arose and she quickly let go of the vehicle. As the car drove forward she leaned back and did at a quick turn before hopping off of it. She heard the breaks of his car stop and saw a red light reflecting from one of the mirrors. Taking her board under her arm she began to ran up the hill and toward the left where she saw the store.

"Like hell I'll trust another person. "

She yelled out as she neared the door. She felt wind hit her from behind as the car drove up beside her. He put the car in park and opened up the door making it hit her forehead. Falling back she got to her feet taking one end of her board and slamming it directly into the mans face. She had a pretty nice grip on it so when the board collided with his nose and mouth her board snapped and broke in half. Tossing the other half of the board to the floor she ran into the store and too the change to put her hand on the check out counter and jumped over it. As soon as she landed on the floro she crouched behind a man with long hair and piercings. She watched from the glass as the man walked into the store and looked both ways. The guy at the cashier counter looked down at her then up toward the man.

"Hey bro, outta here. Your looking for something that I guess don't belong to you."

The man scoffed and left the store. Getting back into his truck he slammed it and let the country music play through his speakers. Speeding off she stood back up and gave him a smile.

"Thanks."

Alice watched as Dominic put up an apologizing manner and sighed accepting his apology. She felt a hint of guilt for doing that but this was how she is. She have been through many taunts and laughs about her height/ weak body so this was more like reflects to her.

Putting her guard down a little, she gave him a reassuring smile to show he was safe,"I understand. I also am sorry for my behavior." She said looking away, embarrassed to say such things since it wasn't her personality to say 'sorry' to someone especially a male.

Alice then turned on her heels walking ahead of them a little, not waiting for Dominic to answer. Her cheeks lightly powdered in pink as she walked through the way back to the school in the dark night. Her head high in the air to show her pride and her flowing, light blonde hair shined brightly in the moonlight giving off an easy feeling.

| Arc 1 |

| Episode 3 |

"An act of Valor"

-->

| Morning |

| Sunday |

Date: September 15, 2014

konachan-com-69672-building-car-city-fodo-scenic-sky.jpg

The night before had ended off on a good note with Dominic properly seeing the last two of his group inside. On his walk back from the school, he had time to reflect on not only his new found friends, but on Ben as well. It was very rare for the kid to simply not show. Either something terrible had happened, or he simply got the flu. Regardless, Dominic spent his night co-oping on Dark Souls with Damian.

The following morning came with a welcoming heat, a break from the occasional chilly breeze to give off a nice summer feeling - a feeling they would have to get used to if they were going to make it through the school year. Dominic sported a single hoodie with jeans when he left home.

He remembered the offer he gave to his friends last night, a day of shopping to prepare for the
first day of school tomorrow. Dominic had made himself a small list of things to get while he was out, and reviewed it as he walked down his street.

~

There Dominic was, standing outside of Soul Food - a restaurant with a possible joke behind it's name - waiting for his peers before they steamrolled through town to get what they needed.

Today was a normal day off from school. The main building had been locked and the only accessible area was the dormitory itself. A necessary calm before the storm, as they say.

Last edited by a moderator:
Already on his way out of the house, Damian was quickly agitated by the heat. He donned a plain white casual shirt, sleeves rolled up and loose black pants. Despite is light attire he perferred for it to be cold and cloudy weather outside. The heat made him uncomfortable and sweaty, the sweat making him smell, and the heat making him to have as much space as possible. Never a fun time. But today was a meetup so he had to sport a better mood than usual so he could give off a good first impression. (Second impression, technically speaking.) Going off muscle memory, Damian had found the sizable restaurant "Soul Food" Dominic had shown him yesterday evening. With it being morning he expected to see a breakfast crowd. On the other side of the spectrum Damian felt it wouldn't be too crowded, since it's indeed a Sunday. Damian could see his titan of a friend standing outside of the shop, sticking out like a sore thumb. Damian removed a

as he approached Dominic. "You had to make it this early? You know I don't like being out during the day. Pff, I guess this is the part where I hiss and start blistering."

Ukime had spent the night at the store. The manager of the store had let her sleep in the backroom where the small game room was. The manager opened his store and had walked back to check on her. Knocking on the door he opened it slightly and peered in.

"You up?"

Ukime wiped her eyes and had let out a yawn. Sitting up from the floor she looked around then toward him.

" Morning"

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Two figures stood at either end of a blank field one was called Truth, the other was Lie. They were identical and she could never tell the two apart.

"You try so hard to be hurt yet again and again but you still believe there is something worth discovering in this world." said one

"I'm not sure whether to call it faith or denial"

the other said

"Or, is it fear?"

The two figures looked out into a distance, focusing on a certain object, and she was certain they were staring at her.

------

She closed her dream book. and shoved it in her drawer and locked it away. Lately, from what she gathered, this dream has been reoccuring. ever since she moved here. her mind wondered back to the question they had asked. was it really fear that kept her asking those questions? She shook her head it was too early to think about that sort of thing.

"The only thing important now is the majesty of two flapjacks smothered in sugary syrup and fattening butter!" so she donned some pants and sneakers and headed out. The hunt begins.

The night was eventful but mornings were the worse for Alice. The sun flashed into her panda-like eyes, making her turn in her sleep having weird dreams about cameras(?). A groan escaped out of her lips as she lazily got up from her comfortable, warm bed. A stuff animal in one arm and her other arm blocking the sun from her face,"Me ewes wurn..." She said in a sleepy voice. She wasn't in the mood to fix her sentence and slowly got up to get ready for the new day.

She haven't forgot the plans that Dominic had made and looked through her closest for something to throw on. Changing from her polka dot pajamas to something more comfortable for her to move around in, she got a loose blue shirt that went past her hips and a white hoodie that said "Pandas" with a picture of a sleeping panda printed below the words.

Walking to her drawer, she got a pair of blue jean shorts since the weather was surprisingly hot unlike her homeland, England where it mostly rain and was always cold. Once she got her clothes on, she went over to her desk and opened one of the drawers, pulling out a small blue camera with a strap on it. Since this was a new place, it wouldn't hurt to take some pictures along the way for memories.

Pulling on her black converse, she headed out the door of her dorm and went off to the place they were last seen, "Soul Food", the name still strange but it was the name it was given. Making her way through the crowd, her small body squirming through the many warm bodies making the heat even more irritable. Finally, she saw the sign of "Soul Food" and ran toward the sign using it like it was the north star leading her way home.

Seeing two familiar figures standing outside the restaurant, she ran up to them holding her camera up and took a quick shot of them before they could react. With a small grin, she pulled up the picture of them on the small screen of her camera,"You guys look nice in this one." She said nonchalantly changing the subject with a greeting,"Morning guys. So what's the plans today?" She asked curiously wondering what Dominic had in store for them today.

Dorm Key

Sketchbook

Art pouch ( Color pencils, pencils, pen, etc. )

Wallet ( $20.25 )

Camera

Phone ( Android )

Shun believed himself to be an early riser if by some miracle he actually fell asleep the night before, but even his 6:00 awakening was unable to surpass Ashlei who was sitting in the center of his room dutifully painting in the soft light of a candle placed on a table at her side. Gazing upon her work, Shun was hit with a wave of admiration as the level at which she painted surpassed his own without question.

To be expected though, after all she is the one who taught me all that I know," he thought to himself.

Placing his hand on her shoulder, Shun waited until she had lifted her brush before lightly shaking her to obtain her attention. "You'll go blind painting without light," he softly said with a smile once she had focused her attention on him.

"Nrrgh, I was just finishing up anyhow," she replied as she extended her arms upward to stretch her upper body, making sure to hit Shun in the face. She waited until Shun seated himself back onto his bed with a annoyed look on his face before flashing him another mischievous smile and planning the remainder of the day.

"You said you have the day off right?" she asked before he was able to voice his complaints while rummaging through his pile of clothes for a new set to change into.

"Then let me show you around town, and we can go get your school supplies," she concluded once he had nodded in agreement to her former question. " After all I know you don't have any, and surely don't have any new friends to go get some with," she added before bounding off into his bathroom to take a shower.

Rummaging through the pile of cloths himself, Shun was startled by the sound of his phone vibrating against the floor that it had fallen upon. Viewing at the number to see it was the one which had called him the night before, Shun sighed, taking a deep breath before picking up his phone to answer the call. Placing the phone against his ear, Shun paused for what seemed to be an eternity before speaking in a cold voice that was unfit for the words that it held. "Good morning, mother"

"Humph, about time you came to your senses," a sharp voice replied from the phone. "Ignoring your own mother like that. I can't help but wonder just what kind of disgrace you are to our name."

It took all of Shun' s willpower to keep continue to call; however, as consolation, he muted the call to took another deep breath before continuing the conversation despite the turn of negativity it had taken.

"What gives me the honor of your call this early in the morning?" he asked, desperately attempting to subdue the tone of interest that was creeping along the edge of his voice.

"I suppose I should thank that Tsukiko girl," Shun's mother said continuing from her original tangent, entirely ignoring the question her son had just asked. "I still blame her for putting ideas into your head, but she followed through on her word as here you are answering a damned phone."

There was another moment of silence as Shun once again contemplated ending the call that was biased entirely toward his mother; however, he once again forced himself to calm down and continue listening for why she had called. There was silence on his mother's side as well as she herself was contemplating how to explain the very reason she had called in the first place. It was after several minutes had passed in silence that she finally spoke with a softer almost embarrassed tone on her voice.

"Look I've decided I would humor your decision for the time being, so would you come home at some point to silence Geoffrey's incessant complaining," she blurted while sounding as if she was conflicted with disbelief at the words she had just said. "Also I deposited money into your account s..s..so enjoy yourself there." she quickly added before hanging up the call with a click on Shun's side.

Shun sat in a state of disbelief as he stared at his phone's screen contemplating the words he had just heard come out of his mother's mouth. However, it was the flash of a camera that broke this trance as he focused on Ashlei who had finished her shower and was happily laughing at the picture she had just took of him. "Payment for Geoffrey," she said in response to Shun's icy glare. "After all, he did give me this," she added reaching into her pocket and pulling out an id card that had her labeled as Ashlei Takumi. "No one in the right mind would believe I was actually your sister without 'proof' so Geoffrey had this made for me. Such a useful butler he is."

Shun could only laugh in response to his second wave of disbelief as he realized the lengths people around him would go to achieve their goals.

"Anyways hurry up and take a shower and lets go," Ashlei said throwing an unused towel onto his head and attempting to shove him into the bathroom. "Soul Food is only good if you get there early and I'm starving."

Shun sighed but gave way to her desires and quickly prepared himself for the day to come. It was ten minutes later that the pair were out the dorm's front doors and making their way into the city as Ashlei too up the role of tour guide, pointing out notable landmarks, while Shun half heartily paid attention; his mind focused on wondering what the rest of the day would have in store for his life.

• Wallet
  • iPhone
  • Drawing pad
  • pencil

The click of a camera caught Damian off guard, unpleasantly so. Damian hated taking pictures, let along someone taking a picture of him. Turning his head towards the source of the click Damian found Alice, sporting a panda tee. Damian almost wanted to laugh at the sleeping Panda, finding them amusing animals. Crossing his arms and huffing through his nose Damian flustered a bit at the thought of Alice having a picture of him when he wasn't ready. He could only imagine how awkward he looked. "Well, I hope you don't save that picture Alice. I.. Don't like taking them. But umm.. Morning." Damian took a seat on the tables sitting outside in front of the establishment, pulling out his 3DS.

• Nintendo 3DS
    • Wallet w/ $20.00
    • House Keys
    • Mp3 Player

Ukime walked out of the back room to stretch. Yawning she looked around the store. Spotting what she had came for she walked over and took it off the shelf. Looking back at him he had motioned her over.

"I want to buy this."

He took the flip up cellphone with a death not key chain. Ringing it up he pointed toward the screen.

"30 bucks."

She pulled out her wallet and took out the money. Giving it to him he had stared at her for a second.

" Would you like to work here? I mean only if you want too."

"Wow a job already. I'd be happy too thanks. "

He gave her back the phone and her recipt. Walking around the counter she listened to him as he explained how to work the cashier. Once he was done Ukime took over while he helped set up her phone.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

-->

| Morning |

| Sunday |

Date: September 15, 2014

The sudden sound of a digital shutter and hum of a camera directed Dominic's attention over to Alice. Although he didn't mind it, random camera shots sounded like something he had to get used to. "Morning to the two of you." Now that he thought about it, the two did show up at around the same time. "Today we're just going to get what we need for school. I need a new backpack for one, maybe a notebook or two." It had dawned on him that he had an actual list, but refused to pull it out now.

"I guess one of the benefits of shopping with a group is that you don't really have to carry the heavy loads all the time." Outside of the restaurant was an area for outside dining. Dominic took the opportunity to sit an empty table just for the sake of having his energy for the 'main course'. The sounds around them were quiet, with the occasional car, truck, or even outburst of laughter from inside the business. "Earlier today I got a call from this place. It seemed they want me to work here after my last job closed down. My family knows a lot of good people in town, so I guess that had a lot to do with it."

There really wasn't any point to bringing it up with his two friends, maybe for the sake of breaking the ice. "When I do get the spot, I'll let you two off on a discount." He stated with a grin.

• Old Cellphone (x1)

$100 dollars.

Pendant Charm

Alice glanced at Damien with a smirk smudged on her face but she quickly hid it, turning her attention to Dominic. To be honest, she didn't need much but a new notebook maybe to buy some new stuff animals but she could do that another time. Looking around the three, she noticed that some of the group whether here yet,"Where everyone else?" She questioned taking a seat also next to the two boys.

The restaurant seemed really nice and Alice haven't had any breakfast yet as she turned to Dominic with a smile,"If you worked here, I wouldn't mind coming by from time to time for a discount." She said happily wishing he did work here but sadly he didn't.

Noticing a waiter, she nervously glanced at him debating whether to order or wait for a little. Her stomach growled in protest, calling for food,"Ah! Not now!" She thought embarrassed as she cursed herself for not eating before coming here. Looking away from the boys too embarrassed to look at them now, she hid her now red tinted face, praying that something just swallowed her up and take her away from there.

Dorm Key

Sketchbook

Art pouch ( Color pencils, pencils, pen, etc. )

Wallet ( $20.25 )

Camera

Phone ( Android )

I should really get out of of bed. Adonna thought, staring at the ceiling. She'd fallen asleep sometime after speaking to her mother, and then woken up hours before the sun rose. Not having anything to do, or perhaps just no motivation to do anything so early, she'd just laid in bed, familiarizing herself with the ceiling. But now, she really needed to get the day started. With a sigh, she forced herself to roll to the right, falling with a thud onto the floor. "Oww..." Adonna untangled herself from the mess of blankets, stood up, and threw the blankets back onto the bed. With that, she walked over to the window and opened it a crack to let some air in. She liked the warmth, but it was starting to get too hot in the room. She stared out the window for a moment, catching a few people, probably students, making their way to wherever. Abruptly pivoting to her right, she walked over into her bathroom for a quick shower. What do I need to do today...? Right, notebooks. She'd checked the contents of her backpack last night, the one she'd haphazardly shoved into her travel bag, insisting to her mother that she had all that she needed for the first day of school. That was the only reason Adonna noticed her notebooks were all filled.

Stepping out of the shower, Adonna pulled her wet hair high into a harsh ponytail. She chose a white tank-top and blue-jean capris, the latter of which were ripping at the knees. She put on the clothes before grabbing her stuff off the table. On her way out the door, she shoved her feet into a pair of sandals, fixing the back-straps as she hopped on her way. That done, she grabbed the map out her back pocket and unfolded it, vaguely recalling which way to go, but wanting to make double-sure.

Five minutes away from the school, she frowned.
Shouldav worn sneakers.

Smartphone

Wallet

Dorm Key

Map (of School & Shopping District

"Do you happen to have a shower and a change of clothes...?"

"Um, yea change of clothes is in the back where the lockers are and the door next to it leads to the shower."

Ukime stepped down from the stool she was on and had passed the owner of the store. The man grabbed her by her arm and with a forced smile he gave her a grin. Ukime looked at him with curious eyes before snatching her wrist away and glaring at him. She could tell he had problem with socializing, but she did to.

"My name is Ukime Kiyo, you are."

"...um Kai...Brooks."

Ukime gave him a smile before leaving him there with a slight red across his face. Entering the back of the room she walked past three lockers before finding one that was open. She pulled out some shorts and a shirt that seemed to big for her yet small enough to wear it wouldn't be a problem. Black jeans and a long sleeve white shirt with a skull on the front. She thought the dude must be in a band or something. Before closing his locker she saw a few cd's , some headphones and an empty guitar case shoved toward the bottom. She wasn't sure if playing the guitar was a hobby or if he was in the actual band. She shrugged her shoulders and walked into the bathroom that was beside the lockers. Turning on the small shower, she closed the curtain and let the rushing water fill her ears.

Hotaru was in a certainly good mood. The idea of having friends made her happy and less homesick. Speaking of which, she wondered how her grandpa was doing. He didn't try to contact her at all today. Usually he would have sent a good morning text or something. Hotaru sighed, picking out clothes to wear. She pulled out some jeans and a lightweight jacket on top of a tank top. Digging through her stuff, she managed to find three more markers in her suitcase, which was quite lucky. The girl pulled her hair into a low ponytail and headed into the bathroom.

Getting ready was no hard task for her, finding places now that was a chore. Stretching to get the sandman's spell to disperse, Hotaru headed out of the dormitory building. Easily enough, she managed to leave the school property as well. Once she got on to the street, she could remember the path of getting to Soul Food, which was saying something because she would usually forget things like directions. With a satisfied smile on her face, she headed out to the restaurant.

Since no one was outside, she thought maybe some of her friends would be inside. Spotting Alice's blond hair in the many heads, Hotaru quickly jogged over. Uncapping her marker, she wrote, "Good morning!" With a drawing of a panda, inspired by Alice's outfit. She showed it off to her friends. Friends. What a wonderfully twisted word.

Marker (x2)

Slate

A handful of bobby pins

Phone

$75.05

After getting dressed the white shirt she had put on hung off her shoulders. It was big for her small frame but she was able to wear it without pulling it up. The whole shirt hanging off the shoulder was a cool thing she liked, she looked good in the mirror to. Walking out while putting on the store apron she saw Kai sitting in the chair next to a computer. Kai looked up and motioned her over, putting his book down he had pulled out a black phone with a string voodoo doll chain attached to the corner of the phone. He flipped it open and showed her the wallpaper that was pre installed. Ukime took the phone and looked at it oddly as she tried to figure out the buttons.

"Have you never had one before?"

"Nope, mom always said I didn't need it and my dad didn't have money to buy one."

"Well , you see the green phone button, that is to call someone. The one on the right is the red one which is the one to end the call. Under the green phone is the enter key. You usually send text and emails with it or if you have web its to press go...you know like a regular enter key. Under the red one is the message key. Its a faster way to get to your inbox or email. If you press the center button it takes you to your menus where you can press the down arrow key to select anything. Their are your contacts, memos, voice records, inbox and more. Click on the contact one. Next press add contact and It'll bring up a screen to where you can type in whoever's name...Say why not get an upgraded phone."

"I have this thing about technology. I don't trust upgraded things, usually because I'm on the fritz about being watched and what not. Plus these are what the anime characters have in the shows."

Kai laughed a little as he took her phone and began to add his contact number in there. It was cute how she tried to be like the anime characters. Looking down at her she had puffed out her cheeks which made him laugh more. Pressing enter he went to her contacts and pressed on his number. Pressing the phone key her phone called his. Taking out his own flip phone he had pressed add contact, then saved her number.

"Why do you have a flip phone."

"I like simple things, this is simple for me."

Keys [1]

Wallet [1]

Money [40$]

Flip phone [1]

I pod [1]

Id [1]

"A discount? Well, that's decent. I had to quit work due to leaving my old hometown, so my funds are pretty much stagnant." Damian turned his head back to his game, this time playing Pokemon. He was almost absorbed in this Elite Four battle, grinding exp for his Pokemon team. Priming them for online battles with people all over. All you could hear was the pitter patter of his button presses, with his volume off to save battery life. From the corner of his eye a new body had walked up to the group. One with a familiar pad with colorful lettering written all over it. Shifting his gaze, it turned out to be Hotaru entering the scene. Damian was elated to see that people were actually showing up. He half expected everyone to had stayed home, or have been late. Impressed by his classmates loyalty Damian had a good feeling about them. Despite that, it didn't break Damian out of his antisocial habits. "Good morning.." Damian uttered. Almost inaudibly.

Nikky observed her map, though it wasn't really much help. She ended up circling the same block twice and hitting constant dead ends. She always had a bad sense of direction but geez this was ridiculous! She stuffed her map back into her pocket and sighed, it might have been a better idea to bring her phone instead of a map but where was the sense of adventure in that? She continued down the street and noticed there were more people out and about than she would have had expected. for a small town it was quite busy. She noticed a group of people standing outside a building, "If they wore more dark clothes they'd look like a gang." She smiled, prepared to walk away but then a lovely aroma filled her senses like a blood hound sniffing out game she followed it and began pressing her face against the restaurants window most likely scaring the patrons on the other side. "Absolutely heavenly!"

Map

35 dollars

Wallet

Pen

Alice noticed as Damien said hello to someone, turning her head to see Hotaru with a sign that said,"Good Morning" and with a picture of a panda on it. Almost a smile appeared on Alice face but she kept it hidden, covering her lips with her sleeve. Taking out her sketchbook and a pencil, she wrote back saying,"Good morning Hotaru!(*≧∀≦*)" With a panda waving.

Hotaru pursed her lips at Damian's response, she decided to do nothing about it as she sat down next to him facing Alice. She erased her writing on the slate with her sleeves, she wrote back, "Did you sleep well? \(★´−`)人(´▽`★)/ " She drew a sheep with a question mark next to it. She found her own little pun a bit funny as she hid her face with her whiteboard.

Alice watched as Hotaru took a seat next to Damien and giggled softly to herself. Noticing the sheep, she almost laughed at how Hotaru was being funny with her words as she wrote back,"Yes. I had a weird dream about cameras but I had a good sleep. You?" She asked putting a drawing of a teddy bear sleeping with the moon over it. Hiding her smile at how they got along so well by writing.

*Not necessary to the story, just... bah. and it would make my post too long anyway.

Roe was up long before anyone in the household. She had woken up from a strange, yet pleasant dream at around 3am. Unable to get back to sleep, Roe crept silently out of the apartment, a nearly impossible feat to do with a house-full of light sleepers... but she managed. There was a park near by, Roe had luckily taken her notes just in case she got lost, and found the park fairly easily, even in the pre-dawn darkness. In the daylight, the park was a green/gray color with brilliant splashes of orange and red, all the plants were just starting to drift off into their winter slumber. A pond lay in the middle of the green, and Roe gracefully (for once in her life) picked her way through the roots and discarded branches to find a place to sit.

She always seemed to see fine in the dark... she didn't have night vision or anything, but she could make out features most couldn't. She saw the edge of the water lined in a silver frost... and she smiled. She loved when the world went to sleep... not because she like the cold or snow, nor did she particularly identify with winter. No, what Roe loved most was the quiet readying of rebirth, she could almost feel the anticipation of the new shoots gathering their strength to endure the dangerous journey to the surface... and that feeling would only grow as the long winter glided on.

Sighing happily, Roe threw herself back from the edge of the pond and spread her arms, careful not to let her feet disturb the cold water. The sky was alight with beautiful multi-colored diamonds, twinkling in and out of existence. Grey clouds of her breath hung in the air and dissipated. Undeniably giddy, Roe closed her eyes and let the chill of the early morn seep into her bones. The new day would begin, and for reason's unknown to Roe, she felt as if her future were just beginning.

Roe snuck back into her home as easily as she had left it. She was refreshed and ready to take the day head on... Softly whistling, she began to make breakfast for her family. Being the first girl in a family of men, Roe had turned into a decent cook of southern breakfasts. She started making grits, bacon, gravy and biscuits before her mom woke up. For all the trouble Roe's mom caused, she had a lot on her plate... worrying about the welfare of her 7 children and her husband. She was appreciative when she came to with the smell of coffee.

"Big day tomorrow..." Roe's mom said, blowing the steam from her freshly poured cup. Roe was flipping the bacon, trying not to let it burn. Grinning, she turned to her mom, and expertly tossed the bacon up in the air and promptly caught it in a plate she made for her mother. Chuckling, Mrs. McKinley commented "How many did you drop practicing that?" Sheepishly, Roe said "Just don't eat anyone else's food, and it won't matter."

It felt like on of those bonding moments on the t.v. shows. Roe gabbed about her school and all the new people, well... 2 people she'd met. Her mother listened on in content silence, smiling at the appropriate moments and looking thoughtfully at her eldest daughter. " Do you need any more school supplies?" she asked. Roe thought a moment. She could use a few new notebooks and dividers. Roe was a natural idiot, but she made up for it with lots of studying, and so her neat and detailed notes were often the envy of teacher pets everywhere. "I guess so, but I don't have much left over from my job at the shelter back ho... I mean in florida." She shrugged.... she would be lying if she said she didn't miss Florida.

Scoffing, Roe's mom gently but firmly smacked her daughter upside the head. Sputtering out her biscuit, Roe began to protest. "You don't need to use your own money for school, we may be tight, but we can still afford that." Drawing out her wallet, Roe's mom handed Roe $50. "Go. Have fun, meet people. You may want to start looking for a job, if you want spending money, but come to me with any school fees... knucklehead." Smiling, Roe took the money and gave her mom a kiss on the forehead, then bounded down the stairs. She was determined to find a job today, and do some shopping as well.

"And you can use this road if your ever in a hurry to get downtown. Its a lot faster than any other way," Ashlei said with a cheerful tone as she happily pointed in the direction she had referred to; however, it was Shun's current lack of interest that quickly changed her smile into a pout. She fell silent crossing her arms as she grumpily trudged forward, observing Shun as he drew a representation of the houses they had passed along the many streets of their journey.

It was after some time had passed that the silence was broken with soft sobs coming from Ashlei who had squatted onto the ground several feet ahead of Shun. "How could you do this to me," Ashlei stammered in between her sobs as she turned to face Shun revealing several tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Were you expecting any different from me?" Shun calmly asked as he passed by the crying girl without regard to her current condition. "I swear you should have gone to college for acting rather than art," he added which caused Ashlei to burst into laughter as she skipped to catch up to Shun.

"No fun at all," she replied with a giggle as she grabbed Shun's drawing pad and ran forward with it ignoring his yells of protest. "Let's see, Let's see," she said while inspecting the many pages that had been drawn with various scenes from the cities of past and present. Ashlei once again came to a halt while turning to face Shun as the look of her face was a mixture of surprise and admiration. "Shun, you've improved so much since I've left you. Please tell me you are planning on applying for an art school soon? I mean you are a senior after all."

As much as he wished he could answer with a yes, Shun remained silent coming to a halt as he gazed into the sky contemplating the many thoughts that came to his head from her question.

"I'll take that as a yes for now," Ashlei said in an attempt to drop the subject as too not force an answer from her friend; however, it was as she walked passed a particular street that she noticed a tall girl dressed in a white tank top and capris while holding a map and looking relatively lost from her perspective.

"Hey Shun, let's go help that pretty girl out!" Ashlei exclaimed excitedly as she tugged on his shoulder in an attempt to drag him in the girl's direction. "I'm sure she's lost!"

"How do you know she is lost?" Shun asked with a sigh as he unwillingly let himself be drug along. "She seems like she knows where she is going."

Ashlei only glared at him as she tugged all the more harder causing him to partially lose his balance and literally be drug around. "Doesn't matter now does it. Meeting people is fun!"

Shun could only shake his head in response to his friend's enthusiasm. Unlike himself, Ashlei had an obsession with making new friends and knowing her she would declare a unexpected request onto her new "friend"; however, it was as they got closer that Shun recognized the girl as the one who got directions from the pair of guys two nights ago.

I suppose meeting a possible classmate couldn't be the worst thing in the world, Shun thought accepting his defeat at the hand of his friend.

"Hey, do you need help finding something!?" Ashlei exclaimed as a large smile came to her face and she began maniacally waving in the girl's direction. "Though if not, do you wanna come get breakfast with us?" she continued without even waiting on a reply from the girl much less confirming if she had even heard her initial question. Shun began laughing at Ashlei's hyperactive antics; however, it was what she said next that quickly shut him up. "Shun here will treat us!"

Shun could only sigh....

Erasing and writing, that's all she had to do to communicate with Alice, she was very pleased that her friend still decides to speak to her in this manner. Hotaru showed her the slate, "Is that why you brought a camera?" She drew a camera underneath, "I had a dream about clocks and machines." She had a drawing of a hand-like silhouette with gears filling the insides, "It was quite frightening. (/;°ロ°)/ " Once again, her face contained no amusement of any sort.

Marker (x2)

Slate

A handful of bobby pins

Phone

$75.05

Roe almost skipped to the store. A dark green hoodie and camo cargo pants helped her feel comfortable today, the hood was drawn up over her head. Now... just where was that store? Shit!!! Roe had forgotten her handy-dandy Directions pad... wait, no, the store was close enough to her house for her not to get lost, right? Wrong. Three left turns and a right, Roe finally found herself gazing at the store entrance. Slightly huffing, Roe put her hands on her knees to catch her breath. Maybe a hoodie wasn't such a good idea. Roe took it off, stretching. She hated running, with a passion. Roe liked martial arts, but she was out of practice... and definitely not up to running around like a mad woman.

Today's shirt was Bonta-kun from FMP, holding his trusty rifle. Wiping the sweat from her brow, Roe balled up her jacket. She stepped into the store. First things first, Roe found the school supplies and started looking at the notebooks... one with puppies would be best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back