• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Your IQ is WHAT?!? (Third Time's the Charm?)

Sounds good to me. I figure Channing would only be there because of Tabitha so he'd come to know Felix and maybe in the beginning they sort of avoided each other but as the time went on they became friends because of their new squad. I'm sure Channing would also be there to help Felix when he starts crying and getting emotional.

@princxss Read starting post 121. That should get you caught up most of the way with sub group 1. Sub group 1 is based largely around having met over Emma being sick and Duncan's foster mother being a doctor at the University of New Mexico's medical center. Avianna is pursuing medicine as well and ends up with this group (before or after is unclear). And apparently, once the Think Tank is built Felix and Channing join.

Funding for starting the initial Think Tank (really cheap version) is unclear.

One possible plot for bring us to the attention of the DHS (Dept of Homeland Security) is Duncan ordering chemicals used to create powerful binary explosives in an attempt to create a new rocket fuel. Finding the allowed shipping quantities too small to be useful he has to order some of the chemicals under other names. Of course, it all gets sent to the same address... Of course, he will naturally invite all his friends to watch the "launch". The DHS will show up just in time to watch the spectacular launch / explosion.

Tagging anyone who submitted a CS for good measure: @SomatoToup123 @JujuBee @JaneXJeff @London Fog @spaceadel @Akeira @Detective Rascal @princxss @Mitheral @CrazyEight @Semblance @lostviolence

For those of y'all who weren't involved in the plotting done above, here's a recap:

Plot: A group of geniuses (probably not employed, or in crappy jobs) come together to form their own think tank of sorts, with substandard funding. Through various connections, the other geniuses come in- geniuses of all sorts of subjects, such as dance, plants, music, technology, etc. In addition, two non-geniuses become part of the mix when they have genius friends- Felix meets a group of them at a hospital, and Channing and Tabitha are good friends. These non-genius personalities are good at many things, such as making sure they eat, diffusing interpersonal tension, and eventually will become very important in "translating" back and forth between the (currently unknown government organization that picks up the team, most likely Department of Homeland Security) and the geniuses.

But wait, there's more! Duncan happens to be a fan of building rockets, which requires materials which, if ordered in bulk, rouse suspicion. To combat this, he orders in small increments, and recruits the others to help. What he doesn't realize, though, is that it's still all going to the same address, something which interests (government organization). They show up to the garage to question him, just in time to see the rocket go off. Of course, there's a lot of legality issues there, and they question the team.

Quickly, it becomes evident that this team could be of some use to (government organization). Whereas some geniuses have talents that are immediately useful to (government organization), some are not so useful immediately. Due to security concerns, though, (government organization) has to pick up the entire team, and they take the talents considered not so useful to them and... re-purpose them. Dancers could be crazy good fighters, artists on the street are excellent for surveillance, etc.

Alrighty, so that's the plot. In the interest of developing how these characters meet, before super character intereactions, please fill out this chart!

Character Basics and Interactions

Oh, wow, I missed all of that due to lack of getting notifications / sleeping, since it was night time. Everything sounds good!

Geez, apparently I've been missing things, since Saturday. I'll have to catch up, when I get home tonight. There are four pages I've missed.
xD

I should have known better than to not check manually. Ugh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait ... does this mean that there is another page for posting etc ... ? Seeing as this is the revival of an older RP.

Using google docs was a really good idea! I had never thought about that haha, first time seeing it used like this

I manage my life with Google docs lol it's horrible

I have folders upon folders and they're all color coded

A very clever use of Google Docs! I'm a bit of an organizational junkie myself, similar to @Freddie . You use see my Google Drive that has folders within folders within folders, etc. until one gets to the certain file they are looking for. I wouldn't be able to find anything otherwise, especially since I have a hard time remembering what I named certain files. I have a knack for using Excel to plan things out, especially a class template for my next couple of years in school. At the same time, I know a few people who do the later, which is where I got the idea. That one is nice and color-coded.

One of my good friends has recently gotten into have a very detailed daily planner that's broken up into months, then days, and each day is broken up into three sections, where she will probably use it for classes, clubs and organizations, and an extra section for "Other." I really don't need one, but the part of me that likes organization and very aesthetically pleasing things to buy one. Help.
xD

Also, Thea WILL be finished today. I always struggle with the history portion the most, but I will be buckling down to finish it.

Also, thank you again for the summary above. The Google Docs will definitely help too, since I missed what happens a few pages ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
@lostviolence I think you're the only one left who needs to submit a completed CS and add to the google doc...

for the rest of y'all, a new doc for in detail character planning will be posted soon

Freddie said:
@lostviolence I think you're the only one left who needs to submit a completed CS and add to the google doc...
for the rest of y'all, a new doc for in detail character planning will be posted soon
I'm sorry but I totally forgot about this. I'm afraid I can't apply cause I don't have the time and equipment too. Hope you have a successful role play

lostviolence said:
I'm sorry but I totally forgot about this. I'm afraid I can't apply cause I don't have the time and equipment too. Hope you have a successful role play
Alright, thanks for letting me know!

[QUOTE="Detective Rascal]Freddie, can we change the columns a bit so we can actually read what's in them, past the three words that are in the beginning?

[/QUOTE]
Yeah, go for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back