• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

World war 2 alternate world political/war RP

I call it BLUFOR because you, Comtpon and I are highlighted in blue. It's short for Blue Forces, so I'm calling enemies of our alliance OPFOR, short for Opposing Forces.

Got it, and we are. I'd like to get in touch with DrCompton for further discussion though.

Turns will most likely work like waffle said, IMO it's the most fun playing that way. I also want to throw in some caharacter interaction every so often.

Havn't figured out research yet, open for proposals.

Hmmmm, I will point out that this system will mean that people who have more free time to commit to the game will be forced to wait on the people who have less when they want to do things like combat, trade deals, etc.

As for research..... If we're not doing traditional turns then the best way to do it would probably be to tie it into the in-game date. For example;

Player A would like to develop a replacement for his Cruiser Mk IV tanks following poor performance in the field, the date is currently March 25th, 1940, he selects the Cruiser Mk VI design to be researched, the GM declares that this project will take 4 in game months to be completed.

Wait a minute, if the AAI manages to obtain members from the NPP, we just may have a chance! I mean, Labinia may be a monarchy but it's not a dictatorship.

Wait a minute, if the AAI manages to obtain members from the NPP, we just may have a chance! I mean, Labinia may be a monarchy but it's not a dictatorship.

Any monarchy or nobility influenced nation is inherently, and with no exception counter revolutionary and requires a systematic purge of aforementioned royalists.
No exceptions.

@Tahana the best system I've seen was treating IRL weeks as months and saying that researches took x number of IRL weeks. Everyone has three research slots only. 

Also, @AxelWelrod, you're talking about Blufor, Redfor, Greenfor if you mean factions. Opfor is a very broad and more tactical term. If that's the case, im down to be either Blufor or Redfor (I don't know who the other people are on my continent)

Hey, wat are the stats for the nation northeast of me

I haven't finished my CS but I'll PM what I have to you

I'm just going to assume that the starting tech cap will be January 1, 1940 just so we can get at that 1939 combat and actually make a challenge. 

Assuming that means a number of sheets need to be edited though.

What im saying is that Idc what the tech limit is, I'm starting pre-1940 for the purpose of having a challenge and not going straight for all the late war tech

Why need? and theres that warhammer fantasy empire/prussia merge that you could try to ally.

the AAI is not your place though royalist scum.

@Tahana the best system I've seen was treating IRL weeks as months and saying that researches took x number of IRL weeks. Everyone has three research slots only. 

Also, @AxelWelrod, you're talking about Blufor, Redfor, Greenfor if you mean factions. Opfor is a very broad and more tactical term. If that's the case, im down to be either Blufor or Redfor (I don't know who the other people are on my continent)

I haven't finished my CS but I'll PM what I have to you

I use the term 'OPFOR' against opposition. If you weren't against us, I'd call you REDFOR.

Why no one respect my monarchy democracy? Assuming that that His Lord Majesty is a tyrant is most unethical. I'm starting to sense political tensions on the horizon here. Anyone else feeling it, 'cause I am. It's like an earthquake to me. We've got one with a magnitude of 7.9 here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back