• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Wild Cards

"I say he's too scared to attack us in a group so we don't spread out," KAi said standing "ooww... did you have to kick me that hard I feel like a horse kicked me,"

Shania crossed her arms "I do not weigh a ton half my weight is in my chest, let's continue looking around," she said walking to Lucifer

Sage laughed, Kai always was the one who got hurt, she usually got away with things more then him and she loved it. The rest of the night was pretty alright, Fredrick or who they think anyway, remained a nuisance in Lucifer's line of demon site for the rest of the night, but when it was time to leave the area he did not seem to follow. Sage thought it might be best to stick together this night, possibly all just sleep over at Shania's. The last thing Sage wanted to do was go home to her house.

Rhea was not too keen on going home alone either.... She did not want to ask Kai to take her home either.

Kai sighed "Shania we need to expand your house and make it into a hotel," he rubbed his stomach "we all stay here more then I originaly thought we would,'

"I don't mind, Rhea you can take my room Ebony I'll get you an air matress. Kai you can sleep in the floor in Luce's room I have a sleeping bag somewhere, Sage go ahead and take the couch I'll stay up to make sure we are safe as we sleep," Shania said

"Oh thank you Shania," Ebony said softly she wasn't too keen on walking home either.

"I can share the bed..." Rhea offered... It was bit small, but they might fit another person on it.

Sage yawned,
"Tea and cake anyone?" She asked, walking into the kitchen, she pulled out her phone and started to dial her home.

"Oh I want some cake!" Lucifer said loudly, "And I can sleep on the floor Shania.. I'll give up my bed." He offered to her, "I can stay up with you too.."

Shania ruffled Lucifers hair "You need to build up your strength if you would feel better I can sleep with you your bed's bigger then mine so now only Kai sleeps in the floor," she said "not that i'll sellp much but I'm not letting Kai anywhere near you or Rhea when you sleep,"

Kai chuckled "I might steal Lucifers innocence by suprise mating him," he barely dodged a punch to the face and got a knee in the stomach and fell over coughing in between laughs.

Sage did not really come back out for a while but when she did she forgot the cake and tea, pausing a moment to think before turning around into the kitchen again to go get what she forgot.

Rhea chuckled under her breath... more of a pity chuckle. She did not think Kai would really do those kinds of things, he only said it to get a rise out of Shania.

Lucifer on the other hand was absolutely horrified and looked kind of scared.

"I'm here to protect you luce," Shania said "I'll make kai into a woman before i let him touch you like that,"

Ebony went into the kitchen "Are you ok Sage?" she asked softly it wasn't like sage to be forgetful about food.

"Yeah, just worried about my mother." Sage said quietly, slicing up the cake. When the tea pot finished and pored the hot water in the spout and then added the tea leaves. "Here Ebony, you can take this out." She said, handing the girl the cake. She came out with the tea and all the cups.

Rhea sat down on the couch, she was not going to have any sweets before bed, but some tea would be good. Rhea sighed and took a sip of the warm drink, trying to think of ways to get rid of Fredrick.

Lucifer on the other hand, was already helping himself to some cake.

Kai sat up "we need to find ways to protect our families, I could have security set up for Sage if I tell everyone she is joining or that she is a relitive of someone who may join..." Kai said "shania would not let me touch her house... Rhea I think you are fine too populated and I'm pretty safe as long as i don't go to any hotels... Ebony... I don't know what to do for you," he said honestly.

"I don't think Fredrick is going to attack our families or he would have done so already... not that i can really talk," Shania added the last part dryly.

"I disagree." Sage said sitting down, "If I really wanted to make someone suffer, I would rip everything in there lives away from them before taking them in a very slow and painful death. However I don't want any near my house, I am afraid it will attract attention to me more then it already has. I will join Kai... but not yet, it is not time yet. Beside I'll be moving soon." She said with a shrug.

Rhea shook her head, "I don't think he will attack our families like Shania said... I think he is focused on us, he sees us as a challenge .. it would be to easy if he did that right? Its like a sport. I bet he is laughing with how paranoid we are about him." She said spinning her tea cup around in her hands. "Lucifer, what do you think he will do?"

Lucifer looked up and thought for a moment, "Go get help." He said simply. "hes strong, but alone he knows hes going to be beat."

Rhea sighed,"I bet he knows where portals are around the city."

Shania sighed "i guess I'm lucky all i have to worry about is this group and we can all take care of ourselves," she said and sipped her tea suprising everyone by getting a piece of cake.

"I think you have the most problems we are always in trouble," Kai chuckled.

Rhea smiled, and took another sip of her tea. The group was strong, even she was pretty strong.. but Fredrick was a problem that needed to be solved as quickly as possible.

The next few days went by quickly, Fredrick had left them alone and had again not really reappeared. School had midterms and Lucifer was pretty much failing all this test. Rhea on the other hand passed with all As. Sage seemed increasingly distracted as the week went by, not really bad tempered, just to on the ball like she usually was. Wednesday night came by, it was pretty much 3am in the morning when Sage called Kai's phone. He probably didn't know she was standing outside the gate of his house.

"Haha... That my friend has never happened to me, nor am I your dad's baby sitter, this is Sage. You answered rather calm, I thought you would be too paranoid to sleep. I was hopping you would come out and walk with me this chilly night and answer me some question about your job.... but if you are too tired I will just go home." She said in her usual chipper voice. She knew she was going to end up the beauty queens sleep.

"Give me time to find my shoes..." Kai said and yawned before falling out of bed with a thud "ow..." he said getting up and putting on his shoes "I'll be right out," he said hanging up. He walked to the gate in his silk blue pajama's and his black club jacket "Where too?" he asked straightening his hair.

"Oh don't you look wonderful." Sage was dressed like normal, but she had a jacket on, it was a bit cold, "I did not think you were going to get up. No destination... just walking." Sage said, before she started to walk, really not in any particular direction, "So what would I be doing in this Job? Things came a little faster then I expected, I am going apartment hunting the rest of this week and hopefully have a new place to move in by this weekend. Get the house sold, to anyone who would by the hunk of junk." She said laughing, "But it also requires me to finally take up the job. Well saying I actually want it."

Kai streached "i'm telling you right now it's hard dangerous work," Kai said "you'd be doing some of the things I do like scoping out enemy territory finding weapondry and destroying it you may have to take a life I've not taken one yet but... I've been lucky," KAi admitted.

"Well as long as they don't try and kill first I will avoid it. But I guess you know me by now." Sage said shrugging. "And since I am flat broke I can't afford equipment... so I would have to borrow from you till I could actually buy it for myself." Sage said, they manage to stumble into a park before Sage jumped onto a curb and walked across it with perfect balance. "Well I guess I am up for it. I need the money. You know what I wanted to be Kai?" Sage said with a chuckle, "I am sure you can't guess." She said with sarcasm even though she told him before he could guess, "A professional culinary artist."

Kai smiled at her "Don't worry if i can do this job and still design you can do it and still cook," he pat her on the back. "And equipment is given out anyway alot of our opperatives can't afford what we use," he streached again and rubbed his eyes. "If you throw in another master kai I'll give you an advance on your first pay check," he smirked at her

Sage chuckled, "Oh? Well Master Kai, you can go jump in a hole and die. I already told you I would kill you if I have to work under you, you annoy the hell out of me too much to take orders from, and i'll be damned if I actually have to start calling you that, because you can forget it. Also, i was thinking I guess I should learn how to shoot a gun. Suppose I should go through a few basic training...." She said chuckling.

"Why? you my dear have a scythe," he said "we'll getr you the disguise you wanted, also i'd sugest working with me, I don't kill my employees like other leaders do. When on the job I am not you r friend I am not your teammate I am not going to give you special treatment," Kai warned he was a very business strickt person. "You protect me I protect you, it's simple sweet and to the point you get two weeks of training and you are payed $10 an hour after training it depends on what you go into to how much you are paid," he was talking so casually about this it almost felt like a normal talk

"Hmmm?" Sage said mauling it over, hoped between the curbs of the part, the street lights were bright to her. "Sounds good then. I was thinking of using my Scythe... but part of me thinks that is only asking me to get shot." She said seriously. When the passed by some grass Sage did a cartwheel on it. "I have been taking acrobatic classes, thinking it will help my defense. If I take this job... I will be fighting humans... not demons. That is a completely different ball game."

"Yeah humans are worse," Kai said dryly. "They make me think of Fredrick as a minor threat," he ruffeled his own hair "How bad is your finantial state? you know you could always ask me for a lone I have private money accounts," he said looking at her.

She was silent for a moment, "Its fine." She finally said, stuffing her hands into her pockets, "I rather not borrow money. I'll earn it. I have enough to keep me feed and move me to a new place. I haven't been paying for those classes, I just sneak in. Besides, when I sell the house it should be fine." She said with a smirk, "I am just more open about it because I know you know so there is no point in hiding it. I just needed to borrow any equipment i might need latter... but I guess if you just give it out it won't be a problem." She said with a shrug.

Kai looked at Sage "You are as bad about ,shrugging the bad stuff of like nothing, as i am," Kai stated "and i thought I was the only one bad enough to do that." he put a hand on her shoulder. "If you join, I'll give your mother every protection I can."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back