• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy When Darkness Comes.

Covering her mouth to keep herself from screaming, her head slammed into the roof of the car. A muffled 'ow' escaping from her. She sent a glare to Dark. He just had to spoil it didn't he? Wait...did he say zombies?

She looked down at Aleks who had fallen to the floor of the car. Ven would have laughed if they weren't in the middle of a Hot-Zone.

"Oh, sure Aleks. I'll just shoot them with my modified arrows. Wait, I used that on a steel door. How quickly I forget."

Sarcasm dropped off her words as she grabbed her quiver and bow. Opening the sunroof, she squeezed through the opening. Crouching on the roof, she attached a scope to her bow before looking threw it. Biting her lip she cursed softly. The museam wasn't going to be safe enough with that size of a horde. The only worse thing then a mob of canniblistic zombies...were fast moving canniblistic zombies. Dark was right, they needed to leave and haul ass out of there. Jumping off the roof, Ven ignored the throbbing in her feet. She quietly opened the back door looking down at Aleks who was still on the floor.

"We need to go. Now, Aleks."

Her voice held concern along with a twinge of fear. She watched Dark close his door softly before she reached in and grabbed Aleks's collar. Litterily dragging him out of the car. He wasn't moving fast enough, as soon as he got out she turned and moved as quickly and quietly as possible into the museam.

Ven's distrust for people was evident on her face.

"So you could kill him and rape me in my sleep? No thanks."

She hissed sarcastically though she did agree that the museum wasn't the safest. But, the rest of the group was there. Plus, the gift shop had some clothes for her to change into. If they could lock the doors they should be fine...hopefully.

" WHAT?!?!?! NO!!!... and the museum... wellllllll... i already riged it to blow so... here" i trow you the detanator " i do have electrisaty and hot showers..."

Oh my god. I swear if I have arrhythmia and no doctor has told me yet then I might as well rip my own heart out.

He heard some struggling and a loud bang, along with a small yelp of pain. Some sarcastic remarks and the sliding of a door-like exit, all this happened while Aleks tried to slow his heart rate, eventually succeeding.

Wait...zombies? Crap...crap!

Clawing his way out of the truck he ended up sliding out by his collar and scrambled to his feet as quietly as he could be, following Ven until Dark mentioned staying at his place.

Having no problems with either option he silently waited for an answer from Ven.

"Wait...rigged to blow? You're kidding...right?"

Anger flashed through her, grabbing the boy by his collar. She looked emotionless, a single arrow pressing to his throat.

"I swear to fucking hell if you blow up my friends I will gut you like a fucking pig. Do I make myself clear?"

Ven didn't know what to make of this but she certainly wasn't having her friends die because of this idiot. Her eyes blazed with anger, she hadn't been this pissed sense they took her sister. Her jaw clenched, "Disarm it. And we'll go. You have five seconds." She growled, pressing the arrow tighter against his body.

Jax looked at Victor and chuckled. What a smartass. "So in school. Typical." He kept moving and watched the front. Hopefully Victor would watch the back. He kept walking until he asked about Lyric. He stopped and turned around, light in his eyes. "I don't know. I was dragged here when I was unconscious from exhaustion and somehow my friends said she went in here. So its my job to find her and bring her back. For everyone's sake." He whispered to himself, "And mine." He turned back and continued walking, hoping that was enough. He trudged on and killed a few more dead with his knife, quietly.

"So Victor, you good with a knife?" He said calmly, "Or did the walks on the beach only justified you carrying a gun?" He smirked in the dark and continued on. Feeling calm with Victor, someone who was actually sane and not trying to shoot at him or point a weapon at him. It was a nice change. And he felt better.

Aleks passively watched the two and their little spat, eyes flickering from one to the other, waiting for something catastrophic to happen...nothing exciting happened. The two settled the dispute, ending with the decision that they were leaving...he thought.

Guess we're leaving everyone else?

If you do then you'll come back for em.

"Alright...let's just get back into the truck then."

He silently hoped that this Dark person knew where he was going...and that he wasn't planning in killing them once they were alone.

Aleks rolled his eyes, climbing into the back seat anyways. If this was keeping his mind on the road then he might as well do what he says.

"She doesn't bite. She's pretty much sunshine in a bag."

That's a terrible reference...

Aleks peered out the window, trying to make out the moving shadows and listening to distant wails of the monsters.

" hmmmm lets see..." i look at multiple devices " ah! C-4 " i press it and a small amount of the rode the zoms are on explode " ok everyone set?"

Kat felt someone flick her ear, and she twisted around to see Xian dive into the corner of the room.

"Heyyyyyy!" She said irritably, and shook her head, letting her long black hair cascade around her. Oh, not the ears, not the ears! You better shoot someone. How about you go find someone else, and shoot them? Kat sighed. It was obvious the cat side of her was feeling a little... overreactive.

"So, should we go?" She asked, not waiting for a response from Xian, and swung down the rope to the shady streets below.

"ladies first" he motioned, he loved ladies first, it had stopped him from dying twice!

he took his own rope, tied a riders-hitch, and slid down kat's rope at an unsafe rate.

hitting the ground he rolled, pulling himself up at her side, the knot untying itself as he rolled.

"sorry...about the ear thing... you must have done it once."

"museum or car?"

hearing sound from the car, he had no choice.

"your ride awaits..."

Kat raised an eyebrow.

"Ride?" She asked. "What ride? And where'd Dark go?" Kat scanned the streets, but saw no movement. But she too did hear the sound of a car.

"Is that your acquaintance's car?" She asked, crouched low on the pavement.

"yes," he peeked round the corner, seening inside ven/aleks lying on top of aleks/ven.

"but i'd wait for a bit, i wouldn't want to intrude!"

"getting very heated in there!"

he leaned against the wall, twiddling his thumbs. he was not going to be the one that ruined the moment, luckily dark was approaching the car.

"just wait for dark over there, there's no way in hell i'm going to break that up!"

"would you want to? zian?"

Kat peeked around the corner.

"Ah, yes, I do see what you mean." She said, leaning back against the wall, and pulling out the knife from inside her boot, absentmindedly, twirling it around on her finger while her tail swished back and forth. It was just what she did when she was bored or waiting. Hearing an explosion, she darted back around the corner to look. The car was still there, good, but there was a lot of black dust in front of it. Zombie explosion.

"Should we go now?" She asked Xian. 
Kat rolled her eyes, and waved her hand in front of Xian's face.

"Should we go now?" She asked again, impatiently. Now's your chance! Kill him! Kill him! Kill him! Kill them! Them in the car! Or that other one who's approaching the car! Kill everyone! Geez, the cat side of her wanted death! You can't trust them! Trust me! Kill them! Kat sighed and leaned back against the building.

"meh, yeah."

he wandered up slowly, leaning on and pulling his way up into the back of a truck, leaning against the motorbike. the blade catching light in her hand distracted him

"could you put the knife away please, its making me nervous..."

Kat smiled, and slide the knife back into her boot. She followed him, and slid gracefully into the back of the truck.

"So where are we going?" She asked, standing up, letting the night air swirl around her. You haven't been out like this for a long time. It was true. Kat generally avoided the streets at night. Okay, don't kill Xian. You can kill someone else though. Kat rolled her eyes, and looked down at Xian. She blushed a little, then looked back at the superstore across the way. Her expression saddened.

seeing her look at the superstore made a lightbulb go off in his head.

"pulling peaches!"

he rustled through his bag, choosing the least battered can of sliced peaches.

"hungry? their still in date for a few more years!" he looked in his bag for can opener. he failed.

"could you get the knife out again?"

Kat smiled, and whipped out the knife. Blade down, she handed the hilt to him.

"Sure, I could use some fuel." She said, slinging her backpack off of her shoulder and sitting down, pulling out two gatorades she procured from the store. She handed one to Xian, slowly sipping hers while looking up at the stars.

he stabbed at the can, with none of the skill he used for anything else. he stabbed at it, until peach juice spurted out at him. he did open it in the end. and the (slightly too sliced) peaches were served. in the can, of course. he drank the gatorade. he looked where she stared, he had never bothered wondering at the sky. but it was odd, the sky looked the same as it did before the apocalypse, the universe didn't care or even ntice our plight.

Kat slid a peach into her mouth, savoring it's sweetness. Mmmmmmmm. She glanced up again. The stars were the same as they had been, thirteen years before, when she was younger and with her family. Her dad had held her on his shoulders and pointed out the constellations. The stars had always been special, always a reminder of who she once was. But things had changed. Kat slid her gaze down to the dark street, scanning it for signs of life.

"Thank you for the peaches." She said to Xian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back