~Welcome to the freak show~Asylum Roleplay

((Nope, I've got it ^_^ Did you want another nurse too?))

Name: Carson "Crane" Reynolds, Alistair "List" Reynolds

Personality: Crane is a strange one. Sometimes he's perfectly fine and normal, others he takes on the persona of a five-year-old, and still others he's just as likely to scream at you as he is to ask for a hug. For the most part he's not very violent, just often confused and upset.

List is, outwardly, a gentleman. He learned at an early age to internalize emotions rather than letting them all out and so controls his actions and words very strictly. If he's spiteful, he does it quietly, hidden behind a straight face or even a small smile.

History: Their mother was never around much, spending her time either working or drinking, and their father was a abusive, so List ended up basically raising his own twin. As the more protective and responsible of the two, List took the beatings his father gave out to spare Crane, even came up with the excuses when he went to the hospital so Crane wouldn't have to leave the house that was familiar to him and so they wouldn't get separated by social services.

The one time that their father actually managed to go after Crane without List around to stop him, he got in one hit. After that, List stabbed him with a kitchen knife, then slit his throat. He was sent to the asylum, where his mother also sent Crane to be rid of him.

Appearance: (A younger version of these two, with List on the right and Crane on the left (minus long hair))

http://www.zerochan.net/529114

Why they are in asylum: Crane has always been a little slow. He has normal, lucid moments, but a lot of the time seems disconnected from the world. It takes a lot of effort to get him to focus on things and make sense of them like a normal person would - for the most part only List can get him to do that consistently.

List, obviously, is in for killing his own father.

Color: Crane is white, while List is red.

Other: List generally keeps himself very tidy and acts polite and helpful, hoping to endear himself to the staff and eventually be demoted to white so he can be with his brother more often. He doesn't get angry easily, but harm his brother and he'll beat you into the floor without hesitation, no matter the consequences. He doesn't raise his voice - when he's deathly quiet and you're the center of his attention, you know you're in trouble

((He's adorable in my mind :3 How do you want me to jump in? Just start at morning? Seems like the nighttime activity was wrapping up))

Kasabian

I screamed as he pushed me down onto the bed and strapped me down. I hated it so much here. the straps were too tight and were digging into my flesh. I ignored the pain and began struggling and screaming.

Name: Nicolai Kresnov

Personality: Nicolai is a kind soul, one that wants to help people more than he helps himself. He wants to be liked, like everyone does, but understands that not everyone will like everyone and doesn't treat anyone differently for disliking or hating him. He's a very accepting person.

History: Nicolai, as stated, enjoys helping people, and so knew from an early age he wanted to be a doctor. He studied medical science, for the most part, but also dabbled a bit in psychiatry as well. What really got him was the fact that a sort of distant family member of his was put in asylum once before he died and was treated badly. Nicolai wants to change that, so when he started working at an asylum himself he did his best to do well by the patients.

Appearance:

http://www.zerochan.net/986657

Other: A good percentage of inmates like him or are at least okay with him because he treats them like people instead of animals. He tries to help them as best he can and sometimes will try to sneak in little candies and other treats, or hunt down books or movies from the outside to make things more bearable.

And yes, as his name suggests, he has a slight Russian accent.

Cyrus.

I slapped him in the face before leaving.. I locked up his cell and walked up the stairs to white.. I decided to go talk to crane, he always had a calming effect on me, understood me, I understood him, he was the only inmate I got on with, his brother was alright, but wasn't as socable..

I looked at the straps, tight around all of my limbs. they were hurting me so badly. I suddenly started talking to rob again

"All your fault...!" I said it over and over again.

Crane

It was difficult, even after so long, not to fall asleep when all you were doing was laying down quietly in bed. My head didn't hurt now, so I could sleep, and I did until I heard the door open. It brought me back, the loud clank of it, and I flinched awake, yawning quietly into my hands. I shifted to look and see who was coming in, then tried groggily to sit up. "You're back." Cyrus always visited me. It was nice to have someone nearby when I couldn't be with List.

Crane

I shifted up and smiled a little, sitting cross-legged and straightening out my blanket a little so he could sit if he wanted. "No headaches. . . List?" Was he okay? I liked knowing if he was okay. Some of the other people here weren't nice.

List is fine, he's actually getting on a lot better this week, and I'm glad that your head hasn't been hurting..

I sat down next to him, adapting the same postition.. You know who you remind me of?

Crane

A game? I thought about it for a minute, then just smiled slightly. "List?" We had the same face, so maybe he was thinking of my brother. Or maybe not. I was never very good at these games.

Crane

I tilted my head a little to the side, frowning slightly. "Near? Death . . . note?" That didn't sound like a nice thing. Was it a grown-up thing? List said I was a big boy, but I wasn't a grown-up yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back