• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy War for the Throne [always accepting]

"Draco hey" Brutus said "listen I have a meeting with a dignitary from a neighboring kingdom who are offering to support me I'd like you and nikrael there" [200 already wow]

"where and when?" Draco was interested to meet someone outside of Talon as his duties had never taken him away

"Tomorrow and here Draco and nikrael the deal is for getting more men and I want you guys there to give your opinions" Brutus said

[Morning!]

Somewhere deep within the forest in a secluded cabin is where Arcsidian is suppose to meet Rolath, an old friend and an adept spy. The three rhythmic knocks on the door signaled his arrival. He picks up his small crossbow, with darts laid in viper poison, he keeps it hidden behind the door and opens it. A shady, hooded figure appears.

You're not gonna shoot me with that are you?

Arcsidian takes a sigh of relief and lets him in.

Without any further pleasantries he puts a scroll in his hands.

My spy in the Brutus mansion risked his ass trying to contact me with this information. He fears that his master is suspecting something about him, I should probably get him out of there. One of your precious royal guards was seen by my spy being stabbed to death by his master, the others include Nikrael and Draco and are currently on a goose chase somewhere. I guess we are now even with this!

Thank you old friend.

If you have any chance of locating a royal guard Brutus is your best chance! best of luck my friend.

Without any further ado, he puts his hood back on and leaves Arcsidian with his uneasy thoughts.

With the thick drakness of the forest in the middle of the night as his only cover against the cult's assassins, Arcsidian is determined to reach the merchant's house. All manners of thoughts passes through him. "What if the merchant is their own pawn?" in that case, he is simply running towards his inevitable doom. And then, everything starts to happen with the speed of light, a small black dart lands on his shoulder, he falls on his knees and takes the dart out with every bit of strength he has. A black dart laid in Samarine poison, a deadly weapon used by the cult. He knows he only has a few minutes before falling to his death. Without any further thoughts, Arcsidian draws his small crossbow, summons every bit of instinct he has and shoots the arrow somewhere in a nearby bush. A scream and then a dead silence. Arcsidian rushes towards the corpse praying for an antidote. His prayers is answered when he finally discovers a small bottle with a blue liquid. Not taking any further considerations, he drinks it all. He decides to lie there for a few moments against the obvious dangers.

[Gooood mornin', folks.]

Early the next morning, Nikrael strapped on her leather armor and weapons, concealed or obvious. Judging by the activity of the past few days, this meeting, however peacefully planned, was most certainly going to have some sort of danger.

Despite herself, she felt her grave smile slipping over her face.

Perhaps she was insane for it, but a small part of her relished that. Nikrael thrived on the danger, the mystique, the thought of a knife constantly poised at your back. It kept her sharp. It kept her alive.

She walked into Brutus' mansion, sat down beside the door, her back to the wall, and waited for the day's journey to begin.

Brutus woke up and got ready he then saw nikrael waiting outside his house "time to go" he said

"Draco isn't here," Nikrael pointed out. She got to her feet regardless, breastplate and weapons clapping lightly against the leather armor.

"he's meeting us here he is running late, come in" Brutus said "they'll be here soon john marshson is the man we are meeting address him as sir and when you first meet him bow that is the etiquette in his country"

"Good to know," Nikrael murmured. This had always been her favorite part of guarding the emperor; foreign relations. Not being certain if you could trust the visitor, learning their customs. It was all fun and games to the curious young girl. Now that she was older, the negative possibilities were starker, however.

"oh also don't ask him about his wife but definitely mention his son, don't straight out ask him about him though wait until after the meeting when we start eating"Brutus said

Nikrael nodded smartly, grinning on the inside. Down to the nitty gritty, she thought.

She followed Brutus towards the meeting, hoping Draco would catch up; the Royal guards had often relied on him during such meetings before.

Brutus leaned over and whispered in Nikraels ear "I don"t trust Marcus i think he is got the other royal guard killed and my brother killed as well so don't tell him anything but act normal"

Nikrael kept her face passive. Inside was a whirlwind.

Could Marcus be to blame for her brother in arms' death? If so, why would they consort with him? Or was it to throw her off a real trail?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back