Vietnam

Well, if you wanted @Stew, I am actually familiar with a a more modern, but still true to life version of RTO procedure I would be happy to share with you. But if not, then the most important parts to remember is the use of over and out when transmitting, and whose call-sign is who. :)

@Kai Ghoul Thanks, although I know quite a bit about war, this is probably the first thing that's made me have to ask questions about what it is/how to do it.

It's alright to shortcut the actual radio chatter though, as long as everyone gets the idea that you did what you did. Most of the time however, radio chatter was highly unorganized and hectic during firefights; just say:

" Break break break! Marauders receiving enemy small arms contact; grid as follows: *insert made up grid here* "

I'll take over for the other NPC your talking too, for realism's sake. Also; you'll learn a lot more about this during the RP since we all start at Tiger Land.

Well, my RTO stuff was meant for an actual call for fire procedure. Usually it is done through Forward observers that are trained for the calculations of bringing in artillery. But I would assume this training would be covered and so its just a matter of getting out the call and any adjustments right and not dropping it on your own position. Again, not really necessary as Kai said, but I am just a sucker for realism and would be willing to do it (^.^).

So as an example, it would be like, "Kilo Actual; this is Marauder Joker, we're receiving enemy fir from North, fire mission is-as follows, 96478273. Rain hell with some HE, will you?" That's just a loose example, but with Swift's help and some practice, I can probably get better.

pandification said:
This moves so fast when I can't be here. Blarg.
It's all good; we'll wait for most people to get set before I start the RP. I was going to start it a while ago, but not everyone has the same timezone and such; so it would be a tad bit slow paced as it is. Which is all good. I'm mostly waiting for everyone to complete their CS's and to let me know when they are good to go. I'm just going to add a couple of tabs and more information on the setting and such.

Yeah my UK timezone gonna make things fun xD as this is a detail RP though that should be fine, since pace is slower. I cannot keep track on one lining group RPs >.<

My character is basically done.

Of course @DrCompton , NCO's get to choose their weapon.

Edit: Also, I'm fine with starting the first post now. I don't expect everyone to be on at once anyway. Not sure if @pandification CS's is done or not, and @Daimao still needs to add the details in. But they can always finish as they go; since they aren't NCO's and their jobs are already logged.

Stew said:
So as an example, it would be like, "Kilo Actual; this is Marauder Joker, we're receiving enemy fir from North, fire mission is-as follows, 96478273. Rain hell with some HE, will you?" That's just a loose example, but with Swift's help and some practice, I can probably get better.
Instead of "rain hell with some HE" just say:

" Rounds: HE, Fire for effect. "

Only if you're sure about the grid, which shouldn't be too hard to grasp. Back in the day, everyone used to always fire for effect since the VC would crawl in their ditches after seeing the initial test round. More will be gone over in RP though :P

Kai Ghoul]Of course [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/7155-drcompton/ said:
@DrCompton[/URL] , NCO's get to choose their weapon.
Edit: Also, I'm fine with starting the first post now. I don't expect everyone to be on at once anyway. Not sure if @pandification CS's is done or not, and @Daimao still needs to add the details in. But they can always finish as they go; since they aren't NCO's and their jobs are already logged.

Instead of "rain hell with some HE" just say:

" Rounds: HE, Fire for effect. "

Only if you're sure about the grid, which shouldn't be too hard to grasp. Back in the day, everyone used to always fire for effect since the VC would crawl in their ditches after seeing the initial test round. More will be gone over in RP though :P
Don't you mean @Arion CS? Lolz you getting confused doll

I've seen that one, although the brutality was intense, it was too action-packed for me. I'm more of an Apocalypse Now and Hamburger Hill type of guy,

Hoping? If our *platoon* calls broken arrow, that may give the reason for calling our unit a 'suicide squad' But hey, you never know, and it would be something else to be able to call in that kind of fire power.

*hasn't seen any Vietnam movies except for one in my history class that I forget the name to*

"Would you destroy something perfect in order to make it beautiful?" ~ Gerard Way

MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE: 2001— FOREVER

My Fav's are apocalypse now and platoon :3 I watched all of them though, and they are all fuckin badass! It's really hard to choose a favorite lol

[QUOTE="Kai Ghoul]Gotta love the Cav, "if you ain't Cav, you ain't shit!"

[/QUOTE]
Oh goodness, the number of times I've heard that from friends of mine. No matter the cav position: scout, driver, gunner. Freaking love that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back