Varanda High [Inactive]

Charles nodded and let the slight scowl slide from his face. "By the way who was it that sired you? Most vampires don't let their little ones out of their sight for years." he began to drive, noticing Quila walking down the street he stopped next to her. "You gonna be alright on your own Miss?" he asked politely. Maybe it was some sort of familial need, or the knowledge that all of the people he had just met were so young, but he wanted to keep each of them safe if he could. Which, as he knew, he couldn't even if he tried.

Laughs sarcastically and with a twist of her sore hand she begins her trek down the tree "well.. umm. You just startled me.. I didn't expect a dragon is all." She glanced down at him while climbing "I wouldn't mind if you checked to see if my wrist was broken though.. this could make food gathering a lot more difficult"

"I..."

'Crap...Crap...Crap...'

"Uhm...yes?" she sputtered lamely before slouching in defeat. As if to rub in her defeat, there was a brief rumble of thunder in the distance, and the girl dreaded the what she was pretty certain would be the next question Charles asked.

Almost laughing at the near hit, Quila nodded her head.

"Um, I suppose that would be nice, if you have one to spare. Thank you, sir."

Charles nodded and reached into the glove box, pulling out an umbrella he held it to the girl handle first. "Just be careful alright?" His mind was screaming not to let her go alone, to make her get in the car, but he resisted knowing it would make her uncomfortable with the way she acted earlier.

"Yea.. it's kinda hard to miss, a dragon in the sky." She grimaced as she finally got to the ground next to him. She holds her sore wrist to her chest as she holds the one she feels to be broken to him. Feeling the need to explain herself... "I was umm.. flying. I'm a shifter you see..."

"Come on, don't let her walk in the rain." Pax whined to Charles. "I'm pretty sure she could use the help. Besides, aren't the you know whos looking to you know what anyone who is different?"

He turned around and gave him a nod. "I know it's the safer route, but.... you're right." he turned back to Quila "You want us to at least drive you home Miss?"

--

Alexander had left the strange other man at the school, walking slowly he heard the thunder in the distance and groaned. "Maybe I just won't go to class tomorrow" he thought to himself as it started to drizzle. He ran the rest of the way back home. Opening the door he sighed and set his books down in the kitchen; grabbing a soda he sat down and pulled out his homework his mechanical arm buzzing and stinging him

Mizu took the girls hand and started running his across her wrist" does that hurt?" Mizu then gazed into her eyes.

Happy with the umbrella, Quila gave Charles a smile and slid it into her back pocket before turning to walk away when she heard it with her ears.

"Come on, don't let her walk in the rain. I'm pretty sure she could use the help. Besides, aren't the you know who'slooking to you know what anyone who is different?" followed with Charles' reply, "I know it's the safer route, but.... you're right. You want us to at least drive you home Miss?"

'Never before have I wished violence upon another...but that passenger... Is only trying to be nice, dammit.'

Turning around, but not meeting either men's eyes, Quila gave a nod.

"That would be very nice sirs, thank you."

Ducking her head and letting her hood fall further over her face, Quila sheepishly made her way to the back passenger door and entered the vehicle, hoping that they were quiet people in general and wouldn't talk too much in such close quarters.

(Just to be clear, just cause Quila hopes for something not to happen doesn't mean you should change any plans. She's just super awkward around people.)

Charles looked over his shoulder. "Where am I taking you miss?"

(Charles could tell she was hesitant was all. plus he wanted to know pax's sire's name)

"Um, is 447 North Pine too far? If so then feel free to drop me off wherever you're route is closest, and I'll be fine walking the rest of the way sir." offered Quila as she pulled the umbrella out of her pocket and placed it on the backseat.

Charles shook his head and began to drive. He stayed quiet, but glanced to his right, and in the rear -view mirror occasionally to check on the two

Secretly pleased that Charles was being nice, despite him not needing to, Quila pulled her legs up close to her and leaned against the window, pulling her hood back to reveal a brightly patterned purple and yellow bandanna adorning her head.

In just minutes rain began drumming the car softly, and Quila didn't even notice that she'd begun to hum a happy tune.

After a silent minute of driving, the ice needed to broken. "You wanted to know my master's name? It's Hector. Not that much younger than you..probably just a decade or two." Pax gripped the sleeves of his jacket harder than before. "He is...cruel. He never finished the ritual to completely turn me so he could keep me as a slave. I ran here because it's the one place he refuses to come close to. Something about old nuisances..."

Upon hearing Paxton's words, Quila felt a pang of sympathy. She understood what a cruel parent was like, though hers had never treated her as a slave or made her call them master. That and sit sounded like Paxton's father had been involved in a cult.

Charles slowed the car considerably when he heard the name, but shook his head and continued to drive. "What's his last name." his voice was tense and agitated. He knew a few Hectors, and hoped it wasn't the one he was worried about.

(Do you mind if I give them a past?)

Mizu looked at the girl" sorry, um I think it's just sprained." Mizu said as it began to rain. " crap, here." He said as he unfolded his wings to use as an umbrella.

Steps closer to him and admires his wings "these are amazing..." She touches one softly "my name is Taylor by the way.. I'm not sure if I told you already. Changing disorients me a lot"

'Hmm, sounds like some family business. Welp, now I just know to super avoid any Hector's I meet. Maybe I should speak to Paxton some time. Just in a place I can feel a little safer at.' Quila thought as the pitter patter of rain continued to calm her worries about being around these people.

"De...Crescenzo? I think that's what it was." Paxton thought aloud, oblivious to the rigidness of the driver. "Yep, that's it. I always had a hard time pronouncing that name, with the short time I was in that huge house..."

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back