• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

(Undertale) Flowerfell RP

Frisk huffed as Aspen and Sans disappeared, crossing her arms with a pout.

"Aspen can't avoid me forever." She stated before looking behind her at Grillby's, the scent of food being picked up by her nose.

"Wanna go to Grillby's? They've got good burgers and fries." Frisk offered, checking her pockets.

Thankfully she had enough G to pay for both of them, and her stomach growled loudly at the thought of Grillby's juicy burger and fries.

Although, a break would mean Aspen would get farther away from her. But Sans was with her, and he would keep her safe and keep her from doing something stupid.

Aspen closed her eyes and hissed through her teeth, trying not to throw up the pie she had earlier at Toriel's. Taking a short-cut always left her disoriented and nauseous, but she had to admit they were useful, especially trying to escape a determined human child.

Sitting down on a rock (she figured if she tried to keep standing she would fall over) and sighed.

"It's..." She began, at first wanting to change the conversation, but the secret was getting harder to bear, and she was cold and tired.

Swallowing nervously, Aspen began taking, keeping her eyes fixed on the stone floor, "Where that Sans comes from... it just wasn't the killing and the betrayal and the fear. I found this cave... with this mirror... I don't know if it exists here, but I s-saw..."

Falling silent, she tried to gather her strength to continue.

"It-it was me. But it was so awful! She was evil and cruel and cowardly and sly and selfish and horrible. Then she started a FIGHT and I tried, oh Sans I tried. But I was too weak and I lost. But when my SOUL shattered that thing did something. It was a while before I saw it, purple dots on the back of my SOUL, spreading like some disease."

Finally her strength was spent and the dam broke. Tears poured from her eyes and she hunched over, sobs racking her body as she tried to hide her anguish from Sans.

Part of her felt disgusted and told her she was selfish for dumping all of her emotional baggage onto the skeleton. But she knew she could never bring this to Frisk, she had enough trouble fighting her demon, and her DETERMINATION would fail her. Sans... he was the only one she could really trust in this looping nightmare.

It took her a couple minutes, but she managed to stifle the sobs enough where she could form words (but it wasn't much), "P-p-please, p-please do-on't t-t-tell Fri-i-isk. She-she c-can't k-kno-ow. I-I p-p-promise I c-can..." Aspen stopped trying to speak, taking a few wheezing breathes to calm herself down.

"I can get stronger, I promise, I won't let I-It consume me like Frisk. I won't let It hurt anybody. I'll get better, I'm n-not weak, I'm not..."

And with that, she broke into tears again, becoming a weeping mess, but she felt so much better. She was scared yes, scared Sans would freak out. There was an evil entity infecting her soul, and none of them wanted another Genocide Run. But the truth was finally out, and maybe Sans would kill her enough times that she would stay dead.

Aspen's dignity finally caught up with her, and she held back the next sob, wiping at her face, and she let out a watery laugh.

"G-God, I'm such a mess, I'm sorry for just breaking down in front of you."

(Sorry this took forever, I wanted this sort of concept in my fanfiction but I was trying to figure out how to explain it, and eventually I changed what I originally planned into this. That and I spent all day working on homework, since I had today off but they decided to drown me in paper, or rather Google Docs. And I'm sorry that I seem to put more effort into Aspen, I'm sort of using her as a plot driver and it's easier to write for an OC than a canon character like Frisk. But I think I will get better with practice, and if I read some Frisk-centered fanfiction.)

UF Sans let out a growl of dissapointment as Aspen and Sans ran away, he wanted to find a way to help Frisk. He'd do almost anything for her at this point.

When he heard her offer he nodded and said "Sure. Let's go, sweetheart." with a warm voice, turning back towards Grillby's and walking there with Frisk.

He looked rather happy and said "Do you think we'll find them? I don't really know the two, but if they're your friends then I guess they're my friends too." with a slightly different tone at the end, then he smiled and looked at Frisk, unsure of how she'd answer.

Sans closed his eyes and sighed, his usual smile became a bit saddened and forced then he said "Listen... if there's one thing I know for sure, it's that we won't have another... well, I think you know what we're talking about, for as long as you hold on." He sat on a rock next to her and didn't know what else to do to help her. Comforting her... how do I comfort her? I have no idea...... Sans thought to himself, then he looked at her and said "It's alright, everything's alright. Calm down. I'm here and I won't tell Frisk. I-I hate making promises, you know? But I'll do it for you." He said with a calm, slightly more serious tone than usual. He moved up to her and put his hand on her shoulder, he wanted to tell a bad pun, but he quickly came into realization that this situation probably isn't the best for such stuff, so instead he said "Hey, lighten up, alright? You always have friends that are there to help you, that's what friends are for."

Frisk grinned, happy her new friend was so accepting of her other friends.

"We'll find them, I'll search the entire Underground if I have to." She promised with a determined tone.

Aspen and Frisk were good friends, if not sisters. DETERMINATION flowed through her veins, she would find Aspen and forgive and forget. Aspen prided herself on protecting Frisk, sometimes it was the only reason she was determined. Frisk knew deep inside her that she trusted Aspen and knew she did her best to protect her, but sometimes doubt and Chara whispered she wasn't doing enough to keep her safe. But no one could be safe living a life like they did. Sometimes it was necessary to sacrifice themselves, sometimes they didn't dodge quick enough and their SOULS shattered. Even if Aspen didn't protect her, that woman loved Frisk with all of her heart, and that was enough to keep Frisk determined.

The two soon reached the door of Grillby's, and they walked inside, taking a seat by the bar.

Grillby looked curiously and cautiously at the strange version of his friend, Sans, but when he realized Frisk was with them and she wasn't in danger, the elemental relaxed. He passed the two a menu before going off to serve another customer, giving them some time to decide what they wanted to order.

Even though this Sans' arrival completely changed the course of the run, she was still "hanging out" (thinking it as a date brought a blush to Frisk's cheeks, despite being a flirt) with a version of Sans, and thus decided on fries even though last run she got a burger, she liked to alternate.

Frisk bit the inside of her cheek, suddenly nervous at the prospect of eating alone (sorta) with Sans... this really was starting to sound like a date. So she kept silent, trying to think of something to start a conversation. A yellow bottle caught her eye, and remembering Aspen's earlier statement and the run featuring evil versions of her friends, she grabbed the bottle.

"Mustard?" She asked, offering the condiment to her skeleton companion.

"Thank you, thank you." Aspen said in a relieved tone at Sans' promise, and then added in a more normal tone, "And you're right, I do. Thank you, thank you for everything."

Giggles forced themselves out of her throat, although they were a bit wavery and thick with emotion, "I just... God it feels to good to get that out of my chest."

The giggles continued for a moment or so, and then she said seriously, "And I won't let whatever attached to my SOUL win. As long as I've got friends like you and Frisk, I'll stay DETERMINED."

Then she blinked and groaned, "And Frisk... that was so childish of me. I have to apologize."

After letting out a shuddering sigh, "But not now. I need to compose myself, I don't want Frisk to suspect anything."

An idea came to her mind and a shy smile slid onto her lips and she said quietly, "Waterfall and the caves are my favorite place in the Underground, it's so calm and beautiful."

Aspen ducked her head and said just loud enough for Sans to hear, "Would... would you like to walk with me?"

Then her head jolted up, revealing a panicked look on her face and she rambled, "I mean I know we just sorta met and all but I did know you from other runs and that sounds weird but I consider you a friend but you don't have to and I mean..."

"It would be nice...?" She squeaked out, a bright blush blooming on her face.

"Sure. I like mustard." UF Sans responded with a smile.

"Thanks, sweetheart." he added, with a slight blush, hiding his sharp teeth. He took the Mustard and sprayed it all over his Fries, he looked at her with a curious face, he tilted his head towards her and with a polite voice asked "Do you want some, sweetheart?" putting it on the counter, but not closing it yet because he didn't know what she'd respond with.

Sans smiled and chuckled "Sure. 'Course I'd like to. I'm kinda a lazy person to admit, but we're pals, right?" He closed his eyes for a second and chuckled. "I like the Waterfall too. It's a peaceful place, nice for taking a nap when Papyrus isn't watching, heheh... Welp, let's go then." Sans got up, looking at Aspen. He took a few steps forward and turned around, looking at her and waiting for her to get up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back