• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

(Undertale) Flowerfell RP

Sans ran after Aspen, but then realized he maybe shouldn't leave UF Sans and Frisk alone, so after a few seconds he stopped running and went back.

He said "Don't worry kid, I'm sure she'll come back." Sans pat her shoulder and said "Oh man... it seems like Papyrus is pretty... far forward, but I don't think I can leave you two alone... let's be honest here, after everything you two said... we all perfectly know what's going on here... do we?" Sans looked at UF Sans, who only gave a nod.

UF Sans then said "Who is she anyway, sweetheart?" to Frisk, not knowing who Aspen is... he didn't like the woman, but it was probably just the first imperssion. They were similar in some ways, to be honest. He never trusted anyone, and so did she. He decided to walk with Sans and Frisk forward.

"She's my friend." Frisk said with a distant tone, plodding onward while not really focused on what was happening around her.

"She's always been protecting me... but now, oh what have I done?" She murmured, groaning the last part.

"I feel horrible." The small human whimpered, tightening her arms around herself.

What if she'll get in trouble? What if I RESET and she isn't there? I feel so cold... Frisk began to shiver violently, subconsciously shuffling closer to UF Sans as he was warmer.

Aspen kept on marching through the cold and the snow, solving Papyrus's puzzles and dodging his puzzles with experience and ease. She was hurt, not even being killed or watching Frisk die a painful death hurt as much as her SOUL did. And she was angry, a red hot rage that consumed her mind, kindled by words that repeated over and over, and fueled by the agony.

No creature dared to FIGHT her, she was a dark storm brewing inside, ready to lash out at the weakest reason.

Frisk thought she couldn't protect her, Frisk believed that Aspen had failed her.

And you were no better, accusing Frisk of being weak. A cruel voice spat at her, and Aspen couldn't help but agree with disgust at herself.

What am I going to do without her? She wondered with despair.

There was no going back, that was for certain. Aspen had failed to protect Frisk, she would be a burden instead of a helping hand. By going back, begging for Frisk to accept her again, that would dishonor herself.

But to live a life without Frisk?

She was Aspen's light, her DETERMINATION, her reason to live, her angel.

Without Frisk, she had nothing left to live for.

UF Sans saw Frisk shivering, he took off his hoodie and wrapped it around her saying "Here you go," he then looked at the normal Sans. They exchanged eye contact for a few moments and both decided to go forward. After reaching Papyrus' first puzzle, the normal Sans simply went back, then using a shortcut to get to the other side to Papyrus, he said "Heya bro." Papyrus seemed unsettled and said "Where have you been? Sans you lazy-bones!" He yelled out in clear anger. Sans took it well and said "I was busy."

UF Sans looked at Frisk with a protective look and said "So... where are the flowers?" with a curious voice.

Frisk, bundled up in UF Sans' hoodie, looked curiously at him.

"Flowers?" She mumbled, her brow furrowed in confusion, "It's Snowdin, I don't think there are any flowers around."

The human looked at the trap, and her shoulders fell as she was reminded of her ex-guardian.

"Aspen liked this one." Frisk muttered dejectedly, "She liked all of Papyrus's traps actually, I think she was a fan of his."

Then she shook her head, "Sorry, you probably don't know what I'm talking about, does "RESET" ring a bell?"

"More than a bell. I've caused you more than your fair share of Resets and I feel bad for that, alright, sweetheart?" UF Sans said.

"I don't understand how you can't remember though. Each time you die, a flower sprouts on your body." He added, then looked at the puzzle.

Sans looked at the two talking. Papyrus clearly didn't know either of them was a human, or a copy of Sans. He didn't even know that there is a human around. Sans let out a small cough and said "Paps, there's the human." He pointed towards Frisk. Papyrus said "OH MY GOD! AND I THOUGHT THAT WAS A ROCK ALL ALONG!... This human is a master of camoflauge!" Papyrus said, then waiting for the human to go through the hand-crafted puzzle.

"What? No, we'll talk about this after I get through this puzzle." Frisk said, then she turned to face the puzzle.

Okay, it's one of Papyrus's x's and o's puzzle. Frisk thought to herself, nonetheless cautiously stepping on a tile.

To her relief, it went from an "X" to an "O". She looked across the puzzle and behind the brothers was raised spikes, preventing her from leaving the clearing.

"It's some puzzle with tiles that have X's on them, I think you gotta change them all to O's." She remembered Aspen murmuring to her, her guardian had gone ahead to scout out the puzzle.

"Just try them out and look for a pattern kiddo, you'll get it." She remembered Aspen smiling encouragingly at her, it was the first Run, they had no idea what they had been doing back then.

They had to learn fast though.

Frisk took a deep breath in to prevent tears and she looked at the rocks and snow poffs marking the way she was supposed to go.

It took a couple tries, but she realized the correct path and switched all of the X's to O's, ending up on the other side of the puzzle and the spikes went down shortly after she got the last O.

"Nice job." UF Sans muttered out to Frisk.

Sans was waiting on the other side and said "Good job, kid. You didn't even need my help, which is great, cos' I love doing absolutely nothing." Sans said and walked off after Papyrus.

UF Sans walked closer to Frisk and said "Do you need my help, with anything?" with a concerned voice.

"No, I've got this, I've done it before." Frisk said with a smile, beginning to walk after Papyrus and Sans.

"And what do you mean about the flowers? I have died before, but I've never had a flower sprout out of my body." She questioned.

This Sans didn't make sense, never before had Frisk and Aspen have to worry about flowers randomly appearing on her body. He was also kinder than she expected, the last time they met he tried to kill her.

Sure she had been nice to him, and it clearly affected him, but never before had he called her "sweetheart" so endearingly, or offered to help her. Frisk shuddered at the thought of UF Sans helping her and Aspen when they were dying in his universe. No, this Sans cared about her, and she didn't know why.

UF Sans said "You know... I remember what you said, it really struck me. 'Sometimes kindness is all that we can give, sometimes kindness is enough'. I didn't really get it at first, but... welp. Let's just go forward." UF Sans offered and started going forward, step by step, observing his backgrounds very closely. Once he saw the Puzzle he sighed and just stood by, knowing that Frisk doesn't need his help in solving it. It was slightly relieving, but he wanted to help her...

The Normal Sans was already up ahead with Papyrus, they have prepared the puzzle and waited for the human to arrive. Sans shrugged as he saw his Underfell version, he had smiled at him like always, thinking up puns for later. Papyrus was also prepared for the human to arrive, he was staring blankly forward, waiting for Frisk.

Frisk watched UF Sans confusedly as they continued. This... wasn't making any sense.

She couldn't help but wonder, was Aspen right? Was this Sans planning to kill her?

No. Frisk thought firmly, He's different now, I don't know how but he is.

She had to be determined in her decision to trust him.

The small human stepped forward, it was another X and O puzzle, only this one was with ice, so she had to slide around to get all of the tiles.

Frisk giggled quietly as she remembered Aspen coming out during one of the Runs when the two skeleton brothers had left. She had a ball sliding around the ice screaming, "WEEEEEEE!" Frisk was laughing too hard to join in.

With that memory giving her DETERMINATION, she slid around on the ice, solving the puzzle fairly quickly. The spikes fell as she stepped off the ice with a grin on her face.

UF Sans quickly kept up, following her and said "By the way... do you plan on freeing everyone again? If that's the case; I won't let a single flower grow on you, I promise, sweetheart." He said with a half-grin as he followed behind her. He tried giving his best at being cheerful, but it was never his thing. He thought she might've forgot him... if that was the case... was there still a chance? He hoped so, but wasn't sure. And where was her flowery friend? He decided to simply forget all these questions and moved on.

Sans was waiting with Papyrus near Snowdin... but while at that, there was still some time. He decided to go back and look for Aspen, maybe he could find her somewhere?

(I am GTG now. See you!)

(Same, I gotta sleep since school is tomorrow. I do have Tuesday sorta off, so I'll be on throughout the whole day.)

"Me and Aspen, we were going to try to, but..." Frisk trailed off, looking away. "I don't think we- I, can anymore."

She fell silent for a few moments, their shoes crunching snow was the only sound.

"But I don't think you'll have to worry about flowers, I never grew flowers on me before." Frisk said with a smile in an attempt to change the way the conversation was going.

In the time Frisk has completed the two puzzles, Aspen was at Grillby's, eating ravenously and drinking Grillby's strongest in some attempt to numb the pain. But alas, all the resets had made it increasingly difficult to get herself drunk, or maybe someone didn't want her drinking anymore.

Grillby's refusal of giving her a seventh glass was his way of saying, "I think you've had enough."

"You're right, it doesn't work anymore." Aspen sighed, pushing away her glass before resting her arms on the bar counter and her head on her arms.

The human was silent for a few moments, wallowing in her self-induced agony, and Grillby took her empty glass to clean it.

Finally she spoke, "If there was one thing I could depend on in my messed up life, it was her."

Aspen sighed, watching the flames on Grillby's hands flicker.

"But now my life is gonna fall apart, just because we got in some stupid fight."

She felt a flicker of rage and scowled, "Why can't the kid just let me protect her? She's gonna get herself killed, being with that sk- guy."

Aspen raised her head and an arm to rest her head on her hand, her other hand was finger-tapping the counter angrily.

"Whatever, it's not my problem anymore. That kid made her choice, she told me I couldn't protect her. Well, I can protect her a lot better than that guy!"

Then her anger died and her head and arm sunk down again, "I've got nothing left now. I guess I could go to Asgore, sacrifice my soul to free you guys. I'm no kid but... that's the only thing I'm worth for."

UF Sans followed Frisk and said "Don't worry. We'll free everyone, I believe in you, sweetheart. I'm gonna help with that." with a reasurring tone.

After her statement about the flowers he said "Well, that's great. I couldn't bear to see you suffer." with a calm, relieved tone. He smiled, but not in a sinister way and followed Frisk.

Meanwhile...

Sans was at Grillby's he's heard what Aspen said and walked up, sitting next to her. Then he said "Woah... listen. If there's one thing I've learned? You two are practically sisters if you ask me. One fight just can't destroy your relationship that easily. Wanna take a shortcut to where she is?" Sans asked her with a protective tone. He smiled as always and looked at Aspen.

Frisk sighed and muttered, "It's a little more complicated than just breaking the barrier."

There was Chara, who wanted to destroy humanity. The evil spirit was always lurking at the back of her head, looking for the smallest chink in her armor so Chara could slip in and take control, and Aspen would get so scared, not knowing what to do. She could fight a physical enemy, but she was helpless against an internal demon. They were afraid if they freed everyone and Chara was still there, she would take Frisk over and cause chaos. They hoped if they could get the perfect ending, Chara would be gone and this life of resetting and dying would finally be over. But with this new Sans showing up, there was little chance they could get the ending they deserve.

She smiled sadly and shook her head, "But we can hope, just keep hoping..."

"That wasn't just a fight." Aspen said dully, "You heard Frisk. She thinks I can't protect her. If I went back I would just be a burden, since she can't bear to see me die."

If she went back and died over and over, Frisk would RESET and RESET and RESET. They both hated the RESETS, and she couldn't put the kid through that.

"'Sides." She sighed and her tone carried regret and guilt, "I hurt Frisk as much as she hurt me. I can't keep her safe from myself since I always screw up."

UF Sans asked "Why is it?" with a curious voice. His tone changed slightly, he was worried Frisk wouldn't be able to break it, thus everyone would be stuck down here... but hey, she already did a lot of good. "I guess so... hoping might be the right idea." he added after hearing Frisk out. He had a grin of sadness on his face, he looked at Frisk and immidieately smiled in happiness. "Anyway, if you need my help I'm here, sweetheart."

Sans said "Screw up? Do you think I was always perfect at telling puns? Well, the answer is 'no'. I wasn't. In-fact. I tell puns only because they remind me of the first time I told one to Papyrus. When he was a kid, he loved 'em. That smile on his face... you can't hurt someone you love and someone you love can't hurt you. Welp. It might just be a point of view, of mine. But I can't force you to return to her. Just ask yourself the question: 'Do I want to hurt her, or do I want to help her?' It's got more than a philosophical meaning..." Sans closed his eyes for a moment and tilted his head upwards, then said "Actually, it doesn't. I just thought it up. But, still... it's a good question to ask yourself. Welp, I've got to go. Papyrus gets cranky without his bed-time story." Sans said and walked out of the bar, with a cheerful smile.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Thanks." Frisk said with a smile and a light blush, ducking her head in embarassment.

UF Sans always called her "sweetheart" and she found she actually didn't mind it. It was cute and sent a warm feeling rushing through her.

Maybe UF Sans was right, maybe in one Run she did grow flowers on her body every time she died and just didn't remember it. But Aspen and Frisk had gone through so many Runs, the good and the bad, and they remembered each one vividly. And she couldn't remember a Run without Aspen, and UF Sans clearly didn't know her.

Aspen watched the skeleton saunter away, a frown on her lips. Sans did have a point... but she couldn't help Frisk, Frisk didn't want her help. She failed as a protector and Frisk acknowledged the fact.

I don't want to hurt her, I want to protect her. But I can't protect her, no matter what I do. The young woman thought frustratedly, and she decided to just go.

"Thanks for the meal Grillby." Aspen said, fishing out a handful of G and leaving it on the counter.

Grillby nodded at her as she stood and stuffed her hands into her pockets, quietly walking out of the bar.

As she stepped out she caught movement out of the corner of her eye, and she turned her head to see Frisk and UF Sans walking into Snowdin.

"Great..." Aspen grumbled as she slouched, trying to hide her identity to quickly walk away.

UF Sans looked at her and said "I've missed you, by the way. I guess I should say that..." He wasn't even sure if she remembered him, it didn't seem like it... was this just a bad dream? Was this even happening? Nah, it probably did. It was too real, he could feel everything happening around him.

He continued forward with Frisk, not noticing Aspen and said "So... after I suicided, did you just reset... just like that? I don't even know how I got here." he asked with curiosity.

Sans walked near Aspen and said "Heya. I see you want to avoid talking to her?" with a funny voice, smiling as always.

"That's probably a bad idea. Y'know, let me tell you something." He looked at her. "Frisk doesn't need you for protection... that's probably a fact, but she needs you. Because you're her friend. How about you give it a thought?" Sans asked with a cheerful voice, hoping he could stitch up the situation between Aspen and Frisk.

Frisk jolted to a stop.

"You... what?" She whispered in shock.

"I... I didn't reset because you... I didn't even know." Frisk confessed, confused by his words.

"Quiet!" Aspen hissed in panic.

She glanced over her shoulder, but Frisk seemed to be occupied with the other Sans and she scowled. Well, at least he didn't kill her after she left, he was probably waiting for a perfect moment to strike.

"And besides, Frisk doesn't need me. She has you and her new friend." Aspen spat, growing angered at the thought and sight of UF Sans.

"If she wants to get killed, well, she doesn't want me to protect her. I just..." She threw her arms up in frustration

"I'm leaving." The young woman growled, walking past Sans, intent on reaching the waterfall before Papyrus showed up to block the way.

UF Sans "You... do you remember... me? Or what happened to us?" he asked with a worried voice. He clearly seemed disturbed. He felt like this could be the reason for everything, he just wasn't sure yet... maybe if she clarified he'd know more about what's really going on. He stopped for a second looking at Frisk with a face that eagerly awaits an answer. He sighed heavily, closing his eyes for a moment and continuing to give her that look.

Sans went after Aspen and said "Listen... you can't judge that guy for who he was, or how he looks. And she needs you and vice versa. You two need each other, you're friends. Friends don't leave each other, no matter the struggles or fights." he sped up going after her, then said "Besides, if that guy really wanted it, he could kill Frisk whenever he felt like it. You do remember how much... well, 'power' I have, right?" he said with a rather serious tone, even for Sans. He looked around and returned to his normal chill voice, saying "I think Paps is about to get near the Waterfall entrance. If you really want it that much, we can use a shortcut. I love shortcuts, b'cause I'm such a lazy skeleton. I'm so lazy, I'm bone idle!" Sans chuckled at his pun, wanting to know what she wanted.

"You kept killing me, but I never saw a flower on me and you never tried to help me." Frisk explained, succeeding to keep the bitterness out of her voice.

Then she looked into his eyes, and she saw love and respect and someone who just wants answers.

This Sans is different, he wouldn't kill me anymore. She realized, and she released a breath she didn't know she was holding.

Aspen is wrong. I can trust him, he won't hurt me, I know this now. Frisk thought determinedly, glad her mind had been put at peace.

Now I have to find Aspen and forgive her, and hope she can forgive me. But one thing at a time, this Sans needs me now.

"Who was I to you?" She found herself asking, the confirmation would make this all real.

It would put one nightmare to rest, that universe where her friends turned on her (except Aspen, she always stayed loyal) was her least favorite run.

Aspen bit her lip, she was stubborn, and didn't want to lose the argument and admit that Sans was right.

Her lips twitched upward at his pun but then the rest of his words registered in her mind, and her corners were pulled down into a scowl.

"Oh yes, because it wouldn't be right of me if I didn't judge the monster that killed me over and over, ripped apart Frisk, grinning as our bodies broke and our SOULS shattered. No, it wouldn't be right at all." She said with fiery sarcasm.

Then after a moment of silence she admitted, "Although yes. He could have killed her before. But how do you know that he's just waiting to kill Frisk when our backs are turned?"

She wrapped her arms around herself for comfort rather than warmth, for the pain was fire through her veins.

Tears formed in the corner of her eyes and she said weakly, "I just want..."

But Aspen caught herself, shaking her head and blinking her eyes rapidly to clear away the tears. She had to be strong, the weak died in a place like this.

"Fine, let's just take your shortcut." Aspen muttered grumpily, looking away from the skeleton.

UF Sans seemed bothered by the question. He felt this inside, he knew this could've been the case... but he had to remember what Frisk herself told him.

He said "Well... we were... close..." with a gruffy voice, he said it very slowly as if it was almost mentally painful for him. He then sighed and looked away. You could clearly see him put up his sleeve to clean off some tears. He looked at Frisk and said "Nevermind, let's keep going." with a reluctant, lazy voice, as if his life lost meaning. He gave Frisk a brooding, depressed, sad look and continued walking forward.

"Hey. It's not like I'm judging you or Frisk, right? Oh wait... right, I am. Heh." He chuckled. "At least I will, a bit later." he added after taking a step forward.

"Huh? Sure we'll take the shortcut, but finish your sentence. You want what?" He asked with a curious voice. Soon after he moved his eyes a bit to the right, at least for you. He looked at you with his smile and said "We'll take it once ya tell me." with a teasing, childish voice. It was a very immature tone, he didn't seem like he wanted to annoy her, but it was just in his attitude to use that tone for questions and pleads like these.

Frisk felt something sharp in her chest, saddened and worried by the look Sans gave her, and she had to help him.

"No, wait." She said worriedly, grabbing his hand, the bony texture felt different compared to the Sans she knew, this Sans was... warmer.

"What's wrong?" Frisk asked with a gentle smile, her eyes searching his.

This Sans was a friend, someone who wouldn't kill her with a dark grin. He was warm and kind, and she quickly found herself caring for him. Besides, she was a genuinely caring person, she couldn't bear to see someone in pain. Or stars forbid, cause someone pain, although she had hurt Aspen. But that hurt Frisk as much as she hurt Aspen.

"I-" Aspen started, caught off guard by the sudden foreshadowing, but she shook her head.

"Sans, it's nothing. Please let's just go, Frisk and the other you will catch up with us." She insisted, taking his bony hand in her's, fighting back the blush at the contact.

Crush, don't you dare act up now! Aspen thought with frustration, trying to pull Sans towards Waterfall.

But alas, Sans was powerful compared to her human strength, and she couldn't move him.

"Sans, come on!" She whined, worriedly glancing over at Frisk and other Sans' silhouette.

But they still didn't move, sending a pang of worry through her.

No, Frisk will be fine without you, she's strong. Aspen thought sternly, tugging particularly hard, but the skeleton still didn't move.

UF Sans sighed and closed his eyes lookind down for a moment, his head was tilted towards Frisk's.

"N-Nothing's wrong. I don't have an idea what you're on about. I-I-I'm fine!" He said, shaking his head and looking away.

He looked even sadder than before and said "L-Let's just go... forward. I-... Nah, let's go forward." he shook his head trying to seem as happy as he could.

He forced a smile on his face and turned forward, taking steps. He didn't want to force her hand out of his... she was just trying to help. As soon as he took a few steps he stopped and said "You comin', sw-.... sweetheart?" with a depressed, but determined voice.

"Are you sure? You two just need to talk to each other... it's not about protecting her, Aspen... not about protecting. It's about that you two are friends and you should stick together for that one reason, a'right?" He said with a cheerful voice, then he closed his eyes and sighed "Welp. If you're really that insistent I guess we should go." with a teasing, immature voice. As if he was telling her that she's losing the only opportunity to get a lifetime supply of whatever she most liked in life. He started walking forward... very slowly, while still holding her hand. "I think if you're gonna change your mind, it's one of your only chances... I mean, I'm sure Frisk will forgive you, but the sooner the damage's undone the better." Sans said with a cheerful voice again.

"Well, I know something's wrong, and I'm going to find out what." Frisk said in a stubborn voice, firmly gripping his hand and started walking with him.

"But I'm not going to push right now." She said in a gentler tone, "Just tell me when you're ready."

Then she squinted into the distance, shielding her eyes with her hand, "Hey Sans, does that look like Sans and Aspen?"

Her heart began to beat faster with happiness and nervousness. If that really was Aspen, she could apologize and they could make up and everyone would be happy again!

"I think it is, but... I mean, I did say something mean to her, would she forgive me?." Frisk's head fell, a frown on her face and the cold began to seep into her again.

But the warmth of Sans' hand in her's and his hoodie wrapped around her filled her with DETERMINATION.

"No, I'm going to go talk to her. Come on!" Frisk said, her tone fixed, and she began to march determinedly.

Then she hollered, praying her ex-guardian could hear her, "ASPEN! WAIT UP!"

Aspen walked with him, slowly, her steps wavering and unsure.

All she wanted was for everything to be alright, and go back to the way it was. She was so tired of the pain and endless surviving, determination alone pushing them through run after run, death after death. One break from being strong and keeping Frisk strong, one moment to just rest and cry and heal from all the hell she went through.

And in a moment of selfishness and weakness, she spoke, "Sans... it's not just him and her, in that god awful version of the underground, there was something else. Something I couldn't tell Frisk about. I found-"

"ASPEN! WAIT UP!"

Panic flared through her, she couldn't face Frisk now! She wasn't ready, she just needed 30 seconds to compose herself.

Looking over her shoulder, she saw something that frightened most people. Frisk, marching towards her with the most determined look she had ever seen. Even if she had to go through hell and back, there was no if's or but's, Frisk was going to talk with her.

Gulping, she stood down and stopped, very well knowing the power of DETERMINATION.

"Sans, I dunno if I can do this..." Aspen muttered nervously, shifting from foot to foot as Frisk neared her.

He heard her say the words 'Just tell me when you're ready.' she was always so nice to him. He smiled briefly, with his eyes remaining sad.

He said "Sure, I-I will." then he heard her next words, he wasn't sure whether to be worried, or to be happy... but any friend of Frisk was a friend of his, he thought to himself. Then he said "Yeah. I think it's them. I think she'll forgive you. If you're really friends then she should." he added, smiling at Frisk.

He follower her, trying to keep up.

"Alright, quick. Let's take a short-cut around this corner." He grabbed her hand and clenched his own. He quickly ran into an alleyway between a few houses in Snowdin, before you even knew it you were in Waterfall, next to Sans' booth. Then he said "I guess Papyrus will keep 'em busy, so that you can rest for a while... but... what's wrong, Aspen? You mentioned something you couldn't tell Frisk about." Sans added, being rather curious about what she was talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back