• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ***Undead Survival: Zombie Apocalypse RP*** (OPEN!!! Limited spots avaliable)

“Excuse me?” Niels said, startled. “I don’t think there’s time for that these days anyway, Karah. I haven’t had time for a girlfriend since…” He trailed off, leaving it at that. He’d intended to say “since my parents died” but he really didn’t want to get into that right then. Niels just leaned back, watching the desert scenery go by as they rolled through. He kept thinking about the bandits Karah had mentioned earlier, wondering how the hell they had stayed under each other’s radars for so long. Surely they should have run into each other at least once by now, right? Regardless, he’d talk it over with Marina, Karah, and Setaki when they got back.

@northguy

Rosha was concerned for the boy, believing his story.

But Daemon wasn't convinced. He sneered and narrowed his eyes furiously. "You expect me to believe such a story? We don't take kindly to thieves, so i suggest you bring back what you stole before i kill you right now-"

"Daemon!" Rosha snapped at him, ashamed of his behavior. Daemon looked to her and gestured to the boy. "What, Rosha!? He stole from us, he's a little thief! You expect me to believe his story!? There's bandits out there, he could work for a group of them! And of course he'll say anything to keep his damn self alive!"

Rosha glared at him before letting him go and carefully approaching the boy. She tried to look as friendly and harmless as possible.

"Are you with anyone else?' she asked him gently, pausing a distance away from him to not scare him off.

@ZekeDude

Karah paid no mind to his first little ramble as she drove the truck onward, finally paying mind to him once he mentioned his parents gone. She let out a sigh, speaking to him as she focused on the road again. "We've all lost someone close to us, we're all going to lose more close to us, as long as we have them." She drove even further onward, her foot pushing a bit harder on the pedal as deserts sands fluttered behind her, keeping her sharp blue eyes on the road. Suddenly, she saw something, only a small way off the road. She brought her foot from the gas to the break, lightly holding it down as she suddenly veered the vehicle, driving the truck in the direction of the three, only having seen the fallen man and the two approaching. She brought the vehicle to a sudden halt, veering it so her side faced the entirety of them. She looked briefly over to Neils, "Stay inside." She muttered as she pushed the door open, her hand moving to where her revolver had been upon her hip as she stepped on out, the thin woman glancing between all of them. Who were the good guys, she wondered, she took only these short few moments to find out.

@Wolfrose @ZekeDude @Kencen

A precisely aimed arrow soared through the air, making it's mark on the flesh of the bandit. His scream pierced the air before falling to the ground, motionless. His fellow bandits were shocked for a moment, but quickly regained their instincts for survival and started to view the environment, a worried face on some, others with a face of rage. Leo notched another arrow in his MEB and aimed down from his vantage point on the vine covered building. He had killed the one who looked to be in charge, and the whole group seemed to be unsure what to do. The arrow flew through the air and landed in a gunner's foot, pinning him to the ground. After quickly dispatching the rest of the group, he returned to the pinned gunner, and a face of fright appeared on the bandit's face. He drew his knife and moved it point up to just under his chin, barely gracing the skin. "Where is the girl?" he asked quietly, slowly applying more pressure.

The face twisted into a half grin, and the yellow teeth shined in the dusk light. "Ahh, I see. Your the guy eh? The one looking to serve justice and save the damsel in distress?" The grin quickly vanished as Leo applied more pressure to the blade. "You happen to be the damsel in distress right now, and no one is coming to save you. So you best get on my good side, or you won't see the dawn. So once again, where is she?"

The man seemed to consider for a moment, but quickly succumbed to telling his captor of how the girl who was kept in the camp had just been traded to another band, and he didn't know which. "I would advise you tell me the names." Leo stated menacingly.

The man's mouth seemed to fumble around the words, but finally stated, "How old are you boy? You don't look like your old enough to have the will to kill. So let me go, and I will let you leave." Leo pushed the blade through he skin, enough to make the man struggle, as blood ran down his neck. "Alr-Alright," he said, his body squirming. "Th-their name is the Grey Hounds, and they live in the south part of the city, please, please let me go-PLEASE," the man pleaded, and Leo lowered his weapon. He pryed the arrow from the man's foot, and started to walk away, seemingly heading toward the city. Leo turned quickly, and let an arrow lose into the man's heart. The bandit's loaded gun fell from aiming at Leo's back to the ground. Leo quickly faded into the darkness, and moved out.

Zeth frowned as the girl approached. She seemed much nicer than the other person, but looks could be deceiving. "I always travel alone... if I give your pack back then I'll die anyways." He hardly noticed the people and the vehicle that had come to the scene as he took a limping step backwards. The girl was staying at an alright distance, but he still wanted more distance.

@Wolfrose @northguy

northguy said:
Karah paid no mind to his first little ramble as she drove the truck onward, finally paying mind to him once he mentioned his parents gone. She let out a sigh, speaking to him as she focused on the road again. "We've all lost someone close to us, we're all going to lose more close to us, as long as we have them." She drove even further onward, her foot pushing a bit harder on the pedal as deserts sands fluttered behind her, keeping her sharp blue eyes on the road. Suddenly, she saw something, only a small way off the road. She brought her foot from the gas to the break, lightly holding it down as she suddenly veered the vehicle, driving the truck in the direction of the three, only having seen the fallen man and the two approaching. She brought the vehicle to a sudden halt, veering it so her side faced the entirety of them. She looked briefly over to Neils, "Stay inside." She muttered as she pushed the door open, her hand moving to where her revolver had been upon her hip as she stepped on out, the thin woman glancing between all of them. Who were the good guys, she wondered, she took only these short few moments to find out.
ZekeDude said:
Zeth frowned as the girl approached. She seemed much nicer than the other person, but looks could be deceiving. "I always travel alone... if I give your pack back then I'll die anyways." He hardly noticed the people and the vehicle that had come to the scene as he took a limping step backwards. The girl was staying at an alright distance, but he still wanted more distance.
@Wolfrose @northguy
Rosha raised her hands up to try and calm him down. She didn't move from her spot. "No one said you were going to die. We just want to be sure you mean no harm to us." She glanced back over her shoulder at Daemon.

"I'm sorry about my friend. he's just a bit tense and overprotective is all." She narrowed her eyes at him.

Daemon scoffed and rolled his eyes. That was when he noted the truck in the distance and someone approaching. His eyes widened.

Rosha turned back to Zeth. "So you're just needing some food and supplies, huh?" she asked him calmly, glancing at the pack.

"Rosha! There's someone over there!" Daemon shouted to her, swiftly grabbing up one of his machine guns, cocking it, and aiming it toward the stranger.

"If you come any further, I will shoot you!' he warned, sneering and locking his eyes on Karah.

Rosha looked off in the direction where Daemon indicated the person was coming from and tensed.

@northguy @ZekeDude @Kencen

"I don't mean harm unless you or your friend does... but if you take this pack from me I doubt I'll be able to stay alive for much longer." Zeth's attention turned towards the new person who'd hopped out of a truck. He felt woefully unprepared and if he went for his sword the girl would surely see it as a hostile move as well as the guy who'd thrown a knife at him in the first place. He still kept glancing at it. If he just had the sword he could at the very least feel safer even though he knew that would do little good. Zeth's blue eyes were practically shooting daggers at the new person with the truck. There was someone inside the truck as well, so for all they knew he could be the real deal kind of bandit. That or a seriously lucky survivor, maybe even one of those people who stuck within a survivor community. No, Zeth didn't trust anyone else enough to be able to join one of those places.

@Wolfrose @northguy

Niels watched in shock as Karah stepped outside, three more strangers before them. She had told him to stay in the truck, but he had no intention of doing so. He slipped out on his side, still taking cover behind the truck. He peeked past the truck to see Karah approaching the three strangers. His face paled as the man threatened to shoot. Niels drew his own gun, pleased to see that his hands were still steady. Looking again he did not think he could make the shot from that distance. And the guy’s gun was huge! He looked down at his 9mm glock, shuddering as he considered the havoc the machinegun could unleash faster than he could fire a shot.

He hoped they could all just talk it out like civilized people, wondering what civilized even meant anymore. He’d leave the talking to Karah for now, hoping her experience out in the wild had prepared her for this kind of thing.

She held her gun up, though only kept a short smile over her expression, only her nose and mouth showing to the three under her dark hat. She held the revolver upward at her side, keeping the finger off the trigger to notion for peace. "Shoot me, then four of my snipers will fire at your lover. First in the lung, then in all of her limbs. My fifth will let her suffer a small while before she shoots her head." She began to take slow and calm steps forward between the three, letting out a sigh as she spoke. "So how about you put your weapon down, and we'll start talking." She finally showed her eyes to the man as she tilted her head up, her cunning blue one's matching with his.

@Kencen @ZekeDude @Wolfrose

Last edited by a moderator:
ZekeDude said:
"I don't mean harm unless you or your friend does... but if you take this pack from me I doubt I'll be able to stay alive for much longer." Zeth's attention turned towards the new person who'd hopped out of a truck. He felt woefully unprepared and if he went for his sword the girl would surely see it as a hostile move as well as the guy who'd thrown a knife at him in the first place. He still kept glancing at it. If he just had the sword he could at the very least feel safer even though he knew that would do little good. Zeth's blue eyes were practically shooting daggers at the new person with the truck. There was someone inside the truck as well, so for all they knew he could be the real deal kind of bandit. That or a seriously lucky survivor, maybe even one of those people who stuck within a survivor community. No, Zeth didn't trust anyone else enough to be able to join one of those places.
@Wolfrose @northguy
Kencen said:
Niels watched in shock as Karah stepped outside, three more strangers before them. She had told him to stay in the truck, but he had no intention of doing so. He slipped out on his side, still taking cover behind the truck. He peeked past the truck to see Karah approaching the three strangers. His face paled as the man threatened to shoot. Niels drew his own gun, pleased to see that his hands were still steady. Looking again he did not think he could make the shot from that distance. And the guy’s gun was huge! He looked down at his 9mm glock, shuddering as he considered the havoc the machinegun could unleash faster than he could fire a shot.
He hoped they could all just talk it out like civilized people, wondering what civilized even meant anymore. He’d leave the talking to Karah for now, hoping her experience out in the wild had prepared her for this kind of thing.
northguy said:
She held her gun up, though only kept a short smile over her expression, only her nose and mouth showing to the three under her dark hat. She held the revolver upward at her side, keeping the finger off the trigger to notion for peace. "Shoot me, then four of my snipers will fire at your lover. First in the lung, then in all of her limbs. My fifth will let her suffer a small while before she shoots her head." She began to take slow and calm steps forward between the three, letting out a sigh as she spoke. "So how about you put your weapon down, and we'll start talking." She finally showed her eyes to the man as she tilted her head up, her cunning blue one's matching with his.
@Kencen @ZekeDude @Wolfrose
"Is that supposed to scare me?" Daemon hissed coldly, unphased by her threats. She talked too much. He already didn't like her. "You don't have any snipers. just one buddy of yours from what I can see. Yeah, I can see that far. it's a shocker, the miracle works of the military." he glanced down at his gun and then to hers. He scoffed at it. "You think that thing will fare you well against a machine gun?"

"Daemon, shut up!" Rosha snapped at him fiercely. She snapped her fingers and pointed aggressively down to the ground, still in the exact same spot she had frozen herself in to talk to Zeth. She held a hand out at the boy to calm him.

Daemon glanced over to Rosha and then back to Karah. "I' not lowering my weapon until she does," he growled, keeping himself armed and guarded.

Rosha rolled her eyes, then looked to Karah. "Please, don't pay him much mind, he's always been brash. Quick to act, slow to think. You can't really blame him though, the military trained us to be that way. I've always been the more reasonable one." She smiled, hoping to seem friendly. She didn't want any trouble, she wanted peace.

@ZekeDude @Kencen @northguy

@CallMeNeon Zena is usually held up in the secretive military base... Hmm. I can have Haemon heading back after a scout about or something and he can run into Leo))

Zeth was sure that the new girl was bluffing, but you never knew... especially since she seemed to act quite like a bandit. Except this one seemed slightly more civil than that of other bandits since most would've killed all three of them on the spot. Zeth had seen plenty of bandits before and had endured a number of hardships where he shouldn't have lived to tell. And this looked to be just one more to add onto the growing list. At least his sister wasn't around to suffer it as well. It would've been even more rough for her since she was a young attractive girl in a world of chaos. He shifted his thoughts away from his sister before his tear ducts would be able to catch up with his depressing thoughts. Zeth snapped back to the situation at hand. He was pretty convinced this newcomer was a bandit and he knew guns beat a sword, especially one that he wasn't even holding at the moment. His blue eyes kept wandering back to where it lay next to his backpack even though he was sure any sudden movements would set the new girl off. He kept his mouth shut since he had no reason to defend anyone here but himself and he was sure he couldn't do that anyways at the moment.

@Wolfrose @northguy @Kencen

Wolfrose said:
@CallMeNeon Zena is usually held up in the secretive military base... Hmm. I can have Haemon heading back after a scout about or something and he can run into Leo))
((Sounds alright, let me read up on your character quick, to clarify which is which, but if you could make the post in which Haemon finds Leo, it would be appreciated

She gently brought the revolver back down to her hip, letting it rest in the leather as she looked to the woman speaking to him, "I thought your American armies had taught men to be /more/ reasonable?" She said this with a short laugh to herself, almost sounding like a giggle. "You can think me a liar if you like, though.. Mind explaining why you were attacking that boy there?" She glanced between the each of them, keeping her bluff up despite being caught by half the group. Without admittance, he knew they would at least be on their feet, and she wanted that.

ZekeDude said:
Zeth was sure that the new girl was bluffing, but you never knew... especially since she seemed to act quite like a bandit. Except this one seemed slightly more civil than that of other bandits since most would've killed all three of them on the spot. Zeth had seen plenty of bandits before and had endured a number of hardships where he shouldn't have lived to tell. And this looked to be just one more to add onto the growing list. At least his sister wasn't around to suffer it as well. It would've been even more rough for her since she was a young attractive girl in a world of chaos. He shifted his thoughts away from his sister before his tear ducts would be able to catch up with his depressing thoughts. Zeth snapped back to the situation at hand. He was pretty convinced this newcomer was a bandit and he knew guns beat a sword, especially one that he wasn't even holding at the moment. His blue eyes kept wandering back to where it lay next to his backpack even though he was sure any sudden movements would set the new girl off. He kept his mouth shut since he had no reason to defend anyone here but himself and he was sure he couldn't do that anyways at the moment.
northguy said:
She gently brought the revolver back down to her hip, letting it rest in the leather as she looked to the woman speaking to him, "I thought your American armies had taught men to be /more/ reasonable?" She said this with a short laugh to herself, almost sounding like a giggle. "You can think me a liar if you like, though.. Mind explaining why you were attacking that boy there?" She glanced between the each of them, keeping her bluff up despite being caught by half the group. Without admittance, he knew they would at least be on their feet, and she wanted that.
"Well, you know men..." Rosha sighed, looking to Daemon and gesturing for him to lower the gun again. "Especially this one."

Daemon glanced her way and lowered the gun abruptly, but kept it cocked and in his hand, eyes still glued to the newcomer. He merely stood there, at the ready, listening to the two.

Rosha sighed with relief and relaxed. She regarded the woman's question and looked over to Zeth, sighing again and pinching the bridge of her nose. "oh, right. Yeah, that was his fault, too. The boy was caught stealing from us, but i can tell he means no harm. He's just hungry." She fixed a stern look upon Daemon again.

Daemon dropped his gaze and shrugged, dejectedly.

She looked back to Karah. "He nicked him in the leg with his knife, so I need to help him. Since I know he won't do it. You can come over here if you want, you and your friend back there. We mean no harm, we just set up camp. You can stay for a bit if you like." She smiled and looked to Zeth. "mind if I take a look at that?I'll get you some food cooking as soon as you're all fixed up." She smiled warmly.

Daemon rolled his eyes, but Rosha's judgement ever steered them wrong. So he trusted her. but he continued glaring at Karah suspiciously, not failing to keep his guard up.

@northguy @Kencen @ZekeDude

CallMeNeon said:
((Sounds alright, let me read up on your character quick, to clarify which is which, but if you could make the post in which Haemon finds Leo, it would be appreciated
Yeah I can do that))

Haemon had just left the outskirts of the city not too far from the military base when he heard a ruckus nearby between a bandit it sounded like and another man, who seemed more threatening. He furrowed his brow and slowed his pace, quickly ducking out of sight behind the remains of a car. He saw how well the man handled the bandit and smirked with a grunt. "That guy's getting what he deserves..." he remarked quietly to himself. When he saw the man was through with the bandit and headed his way, Haemon ducked further behind the car, watching curiously but warily.

@CallMeNeon

Zeth hesitantly nodded. "Fine." He hated the idea of having to depend on anyone, especially people he just met that had all proved to be a little scary thus far, but a good warm meal was way too good for his roaring stomach to pass up. He leaned over and grabbed his sword and backpack but he slung both over his shoulder as he limped over to where the two had originally been setting up camp. He was sure there must've been some sort of surprisingly deep cut on his calf for it to make him go limping all over the place and he could feel a nice amount of blood staining and pooling the bottom of his grey sweatpants.

Karah's attitude toward the situation had not changed, she glanced back behind herself to Neils, placing her hands back upon her belt as she looked betwen each one. She suddenly decided to interject the talk with the sword-clad boy, letting out a small, feminine cough before she spoke with firmness. "We have a camp." She stated toward them, adding onto her statement. "We have food, water, shelter, weapons, and vehicles. If you care about the boy, you'll let him get a warm meal in our home, rather than out here where you'll be overrun by the dead." She finally looked back Zeth once more, her eyes going to the sword. "Are you scared of me?"

@Wolfrose @Kencen @ZekeDude

Zeth frowned at her calling him 'the boy' since he was at least almost eighteen but he understood since they were all considerably older than him. So she was really just a lucky survivor from a survivor camp. When she asked him if he was scared of her it confused him a little. He didn't entirely understand why she would care so much about him. "Well I'd be stupid to not be at least wary of you... And I don't really know if I'd really like being in a camp aside from a few benefits such as food." He leaned on his good leg and ignored the ache in his wounded calf.

@northguy

Seeing the confrontation had wound down, at least a little, Niels holstered his gun and slowly emerged from his cover. He approached the group, standing several feet to Karah’s right. As she talked with the teen, Niels looked towards the other two. He was feeling a little overwhelmed, having met so many new people in such a short span of time. He’d been half convinced his group of four had been the last people left on Earth. And now this! He cleared his head, as he stared at Daemon and Rosha.

“You said you were in the military? Is the army still intact? The National Guard? Anything?” He looked back and forth between the two, waiting for an answer.

@Wolfrose

ZekeDude said:
Zeth hesitantly nodded. "Fine." He hated the idea of having to depend on anyone, especially people he just met that had all proved to be a little scary thus far, but a good warm meal was way too good for his roaring stomach to pass up. He leaned over and grabbed his sword and backpack but he slung both over his shoulder as he limped over to where the two had originally been setting up camp. He was sure there must've been some sort of surprisingly deep cut on his calf for it to make him go limping all over the place and he could feel a nice amount of blood staining and pooling the bottom of his grey sweatpants.
northguy said:
Karah's attitude toward the situation had not changed, she glanced back behind herself to Neils, placing her hands back upon her belt as she looked betwen each one. She suddenly decided to interject the talk with the sword-clad boy, letting out a small, feminine cough before she spoke with firmness. "We have a camp." She stated toward them, adding onto her statement. "We have food, water, shelter, weapons, and vehicles. If you care about the boy, you'll let him get a warm meal in our home, rather than out here where you'll be overrun by the dead." She finally looked back Zeth once more, her eyes going to the sword. "Are you scared of me?"
@Wolfrose @Kencen @ZekeDude
"He will be fine right here. It was our food he wanted after all," daemon growled firmly and coldly to Karah. "And we can handle ourselves, you don't know us or what we've been through. I don't need your waning when I know perfectly well what's out there. we aren't getting involved with other survivors. I don't trust anyone but her." He pointed his thumb towards Rosha. "And she's all i need." He remained standing and on guard, and would until everyone left.

Rosha sat next to the teenaged boy, who seemed to have just entered his adulthood. he examined his covered leg before deciding to mess with it.

"That's up to him. He can go with you if he wants, but we're just fine out here on our own. The Undead are nothing to us, and bandits are easy to kill. There's no huge threats out here." She looked to the boy. "This may hurt a little, but I need to see the wound..." She began tearing his pant leg where the wound was, trying to be as careful as possible. "Daemon, get the fire going and take something out to make for our guests."

Daemon snapped a look to her. "You can't be serious, Rosh-"

"Daemon..." she growled, flashing him a warning glance.

Daemon could only gape at her, but then scowled and shut his mouth, muttering to himself as he dropped to his knees and used his free hand to scavenge through their supplies for a larger meal. "Luckily we're going supply hunting at the break of dawn..." he muttered distastefully.

@Kencen @northguy @ZekeDude

Kencen said:
Seeing the confrontation had wound down, at least a little, Niels holstered his gun and slowly emerged from his cover. He approached the group, standing several feet to Karah’s right. As she talked with the teen, Niels looked towards the other two. He was feeling a little overwhelmed, having met so many new people in such a short span of time. He’d been half convinced his group of four had been the last people left on Earth. And now this! He cleared his head, as he stared at Daemon and Rosha.
“You said you were in the military? Is the army still intact? The National Guard? Anything?” He looked back and forth between the two, waiting for an answer.

@Wolfrose
Daemon looked up at Neils and noted how surprised he looked. He looked back down at what he was doing. "That's information that we don't know about, but were hoping to find out." He glanced back up at Neils and looked him over. "You looked surprised to see us. You know, it's only been six months since the Undead outbreak. You can't possibly think you are the only survivor in the whole world. Things like this don't happen that fast." He began busting open cans of vegetables and fruits, even pulled out some bread and raw meat. They must've gone hunting before now. He tested the bread to see if it was still good.

@Kencen

Zeth winced as she tore his pant leg open, revealing the surprisingly deep cut across his calf that was actively bleeding down the rest of his leg. The trickling made his leg irritated and itchy but he decided it was best to ignore that. He planned on leaving the second he got food in him and his leg cleaned up. Any open wound was a bad idea in times like these, but a huge ass cut was a little more than just a bad idea. Zeth let the girl work away as he wondered why the hell any of them cared what would or could happen to him. He didn't really get it but he was guessing it was some sort of way to earn trust, which was hard to come by.

(Going afk for a bit cus I'm heading on a walk)

@northguy @Wolfrose @Kencen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back