• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic UEEF Marines - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Sherwood Sherwood according to your rules, we have to take a second skill slot in hand to hand in order to bump it up to a martial art style. since i'm playing a Corpsman, and i dont have the same combat level to start off on, how many skill slots beyond what i already get in my OOC (hand to hand:basic) do i need to put in to get a martial art?

edit: oh, also, do i get any bonuses to my forced march?

Last edited:
Sherwood Sherwood according to your rules, we have to take a second skill slot in hand to hand in order to bump it up to a martial art style. since i'm playing a Corpsman, and i dont have the same combat level to start off on, how many skill slots beyond what i already get in my OOC (hand to hand:basic) do i need to put in to get a martial art?

edit: oh, also, do i get any bonuses to my forced march?
EmperorNorton1 EmperorNorton1 If memory serves, Martial Art Styles cost 4 total Skills in Sherwood's games. Hand to Hand: Basic counts as 1.

Forced March, per Robotech Shadow Chronicles provides +2 P.E., 1d4 to Speed, +2d6 to S.D.C.. =)

Depending on what skill package you take, it comes with a hand to hand skill. Like the STORM Commando, it has HtH Commando already. To get one of the advanced martial art styles like Tae Kwon Do, it would be one other skill above and beyond that.

If you do not take a package that comes with a HtH skill, the first level is Basic, then Expert, then the generic Martial Arts, and one more skill to get the advanced style.

EmperorNorton1 EmperorNorton1 If memory serves, Martial Art Styles cost 4 total Skills in Sherwood's games. Hand to Hand: Basic counts as 1.

Forced March, per Robotech Shadow Chronicles provides +2 P.E., 1d4 to Speed, +2d6 to S.D.C.. =)
Thanks, Dann. I'm at work and away from my computer at the moment, so that was a big help.

Don't forget that you'll be at third level, with the two extra skill selections.

well, folks, i've donated blood for the first time, which means i now have the perfect opportunity to lay on the couch, chug water, and finish my sheet!

the fact that this
Screenshot 2023-08-15 6.27.32 PM.png
is a skill is just... hysterical to me. I'm a poly-sci guy. I've been reading leftist theory since high school, at its core, it's really not so complex. ... does no one really understand how basic leftist ideology works? does the MLM skill only apply to Russian and Chinese communist radicals and their philosophies? do i get Che and Fidel? do I get Rosa and Trotsky? when they say Maoism, do they include all left-wing nationalist movements like the Jewish Labor Bund and the Black Panther Party? is anarchism also included, or do you have to get the DLC. I have... so many questions. and i can't stop laughing.

I can't believe that it is a real skill. I hope you're not going to be taking it. There are so many other things to get instead.

Oh, I assure you that I will not be choosing that skill. I just need so far my two espionage skills for my M. O. S., one more first level Other Skill, and my two secondary skills. Wait. Is the second M.O.S a thing that only Marines get? Because a Fleet Corpsman technically isn’t in the Marines.

Also. The bear planet is named Care Bear. Karbarra. Carebeara. i love palladium, several different people made it and they all have put so many references….

It depends on the character class. Some get two mos packages while others only get one.

I went ahead and edited my IC post to avoid further confusion.
Thank you, Psychie Psychie ! I was certain it was an autocorrect issue, but I could not find the word I thought you might mean to use. Turns out it was mecha! That makes sense! Hooray! 8D

Sherwood Sherwood C'osmo's Initiative total is +3 (+1 from himself, +2 from his Silverback Sensor Suite which I believe applies to the team). =)

do you guys know where i can find the combat shuttle pilot and the Search and Rescue M.O.S.s? i've realized i'm not allowed to take the M.O.S. i nabbed before, and need to fix that.

Give me a moment and I'll copy/paste them over for you to take a look at.

Combat Shuttle Pilot: This pilot has undergone special training
in performing combat drops into "hot zones." They fly shuttles
full of Marines into the teeth of combat or pilot their vehicles
into enemy fire to extract Marines who need rescue. These pilots
need spines of steel and are often said to have ice water running
through their veins. They are also trained to aid wounded soldiers
and rescue downed pilots.
Excavation & Rescue (+15%)
Navigation (+10%)
Paramedic ( + 10%)
Spacecraft: Light and Medium (+15%)
Weapon Systems (+5%)

Search and Rescue: Some of the most heralded soldiers are
those trained to find and retrieve lost and injured comrades. They
often do this in the thick of combat or well behind enemy lines.
Damage Control & Disaster Response ( + 15%)
Excavation & Rescue (+20%)
Paramedic (+15%)
Space Survival (+15%)
Tracking (+20%)
Tracked & Construction Vehicles ( + 10%)
Wilderness Survival (+20%)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back