• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic UEEF Marines - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Sherwood Sherwood Question, Haydonites do not have souls or a presence in the Hin if I recall correctly?

I will say that no, they do not. I have never heard of this, but I will work with it.
For some reason I thought I read it in the old novel series or something. But cool, thank you. I will respond here in a bit.

Keith looks sour, but says nothing, knowing that it was a losing battle. He finally says, "Ok, Ok. If that's how it's going to be, I'll remember that the next time you need to get patched up and whoops! I just ran out of painkillers right before I treat you."
Wow. Definitely not the effect C'osmo was hoping to have. Oh well.

With the upgrades to our weapons, can I put in a request? I'm thinking a +1 to Strike would be good for my armor piercing cannon.

With the upgrades to our weapons, can I put in a request? I'm thinking a +1 to Strike would be good for my armor piercing cannon.
Eonivar Eonivar Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Oh yeah! Allow me to put in what Sherwood has allowed C'osmo to add in thus far:

A. Scope/sight upgrades. +1 to Strike with the addition of a mounted and sighted scope with a few tweaks for better accuracy (Nerd Alert: like auto-lighting red dots that shine just enough light to be seen without having to be adjusted. Wouldn't that be cool?).

B. Fine-tuned triggers. +1 to Strike. (I have yet to meet a firearm enthusiast that didn't love a sweet trigger or hate a bad, mushy trigger.)

C. Quick-draw holsters/properly set two-point slings adding a +1 to Initiative. (These bonuses do not stack. So you can't draw one firearm for a +1 then draw another to stack an additional +1 for the next Round of combat.)

D. Custom grips (+1 or +2 to Saving Throws involving accidentally dropping the weapon especially during combat/being disarmed. Plus, they're really comfortable and fit better in the hand).

E. Beam weapon light alterations. Tweak the color of the lasers to either be a little harder to see or much easier to see (shoot rainbow lasers?). No bonuses, but it might make it harder to be spotted if your weapon is firing dark-grey lasers instead of some brighter color.

F. Ammo upgrade. 5-10% more ammunition per magazine/E-clip. Because having an extra Strike roll is better than having one less. =)

G. I could also get into using non-stock ammunition (hollow points, tracer rounds, Dragon's Breath shotgun rounds, armor piercing, etc.) to add an additional flat 1d6 damage until one ran out and has to resort to stock ammo.

H. (And because, just like cars...) Custom paint job. Laser-etched stickers, phrases, flags, mottos, camouflage, you name it. Make this baby yours while letting everyone know who's got the coolest-looking piece on the battlefield.

I could go farther (quick-swap magazines, suppressors, flash-hiders, lasers that blind instead of damage, etc.) but that's probably enough, right?

I would like to point out Option H (which Sherwood does not seem to be treating as a battle option as it only changes the weapon's looks). Get that +1 to Strike you want while adding a custom paint job to your favorite firearm!

C'osmo is serious in that he wants each of the Gunslingers... to be proud of their guns and the envy of the Normandy! Check these out (and be ready to put your finger on the pause button if you want to stop and get a good look at a neat look or three).

"80 Cool AR15 Rifles - Custom Firearms"

Any takers? *points up to the previous post*

Good news everyone. I've offered a spot in the game to EmperorNorton1 EmperorNorton1 and he's accepted. He's got some work to do to make a character, but we'll have him in the game soon enough.

Please help him get up to speed and make him feel welcome.

Cool beans. Welcome to the game! I know you were in epiphany's Rifts game, but do you have any history with Robotech?

Alrighty then. Howdy yall! My name is Alex, and I’m utterly thrilled to be in your game! I don’t know what exactly I plan to play, but I’m excited to learn!

Well, the simplest thing to play would be a human, for obvious reasons. But if you want to try your hand at an alien, Sherwood has in the Lore thread several playable races in post #2 of the thread.

Of the bunch, we don't have a human PC or a Paraxian, but there are a Zentraedi, Karbarran and a Garudian as players in the team.

Alrighty then. Howdy yall! My name is Alex, and I’m utterly thrilled to be in your game! I don’t know what exactly I plan to play, but I’m excited to learn!
EmperorNorton1 EmperorNorton1 I am happy to tell you that everyone in this game also was part of Epiphany's game. So, heya Alex! Glad to see you again! =)

I aim to play a human for simplicity’s sake. I found a pdf of the first robotech book and I’m scrolling through it.
The book that you'll need is the Shadow Chronicles core book. It has all the skills and info you'll need to start off with.

EmperorNorton1 EmperorNorton1 If you look in the Lore thread, you'll find the rules on how to roll your stats up. Also, there are several character classes copied from the UEEF Marines book for your perusal, along with a bunch of the MOS package you can pick from. Wet have several of the Storm Commando OCC, but having another wouldn't be a problem.

Howdy folks! I think im gonna play a human fleet corpsman! I may not have a medical degree, but that won't stop me from applying a tourniquet if you need one!

Good to hear. I was about to ask how you were doing with your reading and if you needed any questions answered.

I've found a pdf of the Marines book, which is very helpful. im looking through everyone's charictars, and Purr Purr i gotta say that we're bear fans in my family. not the Bears fans. bear fans. do you know bear in the big blue house? because that's who your guy keeps reminding me of.

I've found a pdf of the Marines book, which is very helpful. im looking through everyone's charictars, and Purr Purr i gotta say that we're bear fans in my family. not the Bears fans. bear fans. do you know bear in the big blue house? because that's who your guy keeps reminding me of.
Hah! That's cool! I know of him. =)
Disney Junior GIF by Muppet Wiki

My daughter loved Bear in the Big Blue House as a little one. I liked the show, too. It wasn't too irritating like so many kids shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back